Jw suspended

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jw suspended

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:32 pm

acaton wrote:I can't wait till next year.

Yup, I'm already in draft mode. Bring on the 2019 season!!!
DreadNaught

Postby Heidguy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:39 pm

Commander Bubbles wrote:
acaton wrote:I can't wait till next year.

6-10.
Heidguy

Postby Commander Bubbles » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Heidguy wrote:Image
Commander Bubbles wrote:
6-10.

Are you expecting more? That’s adorable. Go on record here, what record are you expecting?
Commander Bubbles

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:42 pm

So nothing official yet? How long do we have to wait?
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Think they said that it will be announced by July 4th. Not sure what they're waiting on.
Nano

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Nano wrote:Think they said that it will be announced by July 4th. Not sure what they're waiting on.

I'd imagine they are waiting to dump the official news during a slow news cycle. Which is why Friday afternoons and holidays is when the NFL historically drops their 'bad' news.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Nano wrote:Think they said that it will be announced by July 4th. Not sure what they're waiting on.

Okay thanks. Now I can stop asking.
Bootz2004

Postby Buccs99 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:15 pm

We'll be fine.
Buccs99

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Buccs99 wrote:We'll be fine.

Agreed. I don't view Winston missing 3 games in September as some iceberg sinking any hope we had for this season.

Fitz is a capable back-up whose demonstrated the ability to win games as a spot starter. The formula for the Bucs to win is the same with Fitz as it would be with Jameis and regardless of who is playing QB the Bucs are only going to beat good teams if the defense plays well and running game improves. If those things happen and Fitz goes out and can't make enough plays in the passing game then I'll bitch about it at that time. But Fitz has shown he can make plays, we just the rest of the team to play well.
DreadNaught

Postby LoRdNlKoN » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:05 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

Agreed. I don't view Winston missing 3 games in September as some iceberg sinking any hope we had for this season.

Fitz is a capable back-up whose demonstrated the ability to win games as a spot starter. The formula for the Bucs to win is the same with Fitz as it would be with Jameis and regardless of who is playing QB the Bucs are only going to beat good teams if the defense plays well and running game improves. If those things happen and Fitz goes out and can't make enough plays in the passing game then I'll bitch about it at that time. But Fitz has shown he can make plays, we just the rest of the team to play well.

It's nice to at least have a competent back up. I wouldn't want Fitz to start the whole season but I have enough faith in him for 3 games.
LoRdNlKoN

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:40 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

what's not going to be fine is when Fitz shows how easy it is just to get the freaking ball in the hands of our many play makers, and we go 2-1. Then ol hero ball Jameis comes back and tries to make up for all his lost time and tries to score 21 points every drive and we suck balls with him and everybody starts bitching and the season goes to **** and koetter and licht gets fired

AFTER that, it's going to be good though. We've got a good foundation moving forward. I think I'm sort of off the Winston train at this point. I've just got a baaaad baaaad feeling about his play once he comes back.

Would love it if he was completely settled down and came in and balled out and guided us to 10 wins and a playoff birth and this **** was all finally in the rearview after this. Nothing about my experience as a bucs fan over the past 21 years tells me I should expect that though :D
beardmcdoug

Postby MJW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:11 pm

As long as we have our family and friends, our health, some food on the table, and a song in our hearts, we'll be fine.

Our football team is going to suck, though.
MJW

Postby Nano » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:23 pm

To be fair, it was probably going to suck with Jameis
Nano

Postby Caradoc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:07 pm

Talent wise, this team is loaded. Coaching is the question. DC seems to have lost the ability to field a respectable D, and HC/OC underwhelms.
Caradoc

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:11 pm

Caradoc wrote:Talent wise, this team is loaded. Coaching is the question. DC seems to have lost the ability to field a respectable D, and HC/OC underwhelms.

Many of us think this team is loaded with talent, but it seems very few outside of Tampa do.
uscbucsfan

Postby MJW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:31 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Caradoc wrote:Talent wise, this team is loaded. Coaching is the question. DC seems to have lost the ability to field a respectable D, and HC/OC underwhelms.

Many of us think this team is loaded with talent, but it seems very few outside of Tampa do.

I actually DO think we have a strong 53. I would go so far and call it the best roster we've fielded since (some point) of the Gruden regime.

The thing is, it's still the 4th best roster in the NFC South. It's still the 4th best coaching staff in the NFC South. It's still the 4th best quarterback in the NFC South. And it's the 4th easiest schedule in the NFC South, too.
MJW

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:35 pm

MJW wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Many of us think this team is loaded with talent, but it seems very few outside of Tampa do.

I actually DO think we have a strong 53. I would go so far and call it the best roster we've fielded since (some point) of the Gruden regime.

The thing is, it's still the 4th best roster in the NFC South. It's still the 4th best coaching staff in the NFC South. It's still the 4th best quarterback in the NFC South. And it's the 4th easiest schedule in the NFC South, too.

Depends on the day with the QB. There are more games than not that Jameis is more dialed in and consistent than Cam (who is super erratic) and he has his games where he's better than Ryan, too. Hell he has games where he looks like a top 3 QB....and as we all know, he has his share of games where he's terrible or not on the field.
uscbucsfan

Postby Caradoc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:52 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:

You should pay more attention then. More than one media person has opined that we have one of the best (and at least one said the best) defensive front sevens in the league. Most also rank our receiving and TE corps there as well. People outside of Tampa generally rate our OL much higher than Tampa fans do. Winston ranks in the top half of QBs on most lists. The talent is there and seen by many, that's why we were so hyped last year, and the only reason we aren't more hyped with all the talent additions this year is people are scared of committing.

The talent is there, and everyone knows it. The question is coaching (particularly on D), and will Winston ever grow the **** up.
Caradoc

Postby Nano » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:02 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:

A lot of people around think we have plenty of talent and nobody really claims that talent is an issue in Tampa. Generally, when people list our weaknesses they list Winston and Dirk(Most don't even list our secondary anymore). Hell, there was a Reddit poll about a month back about the Bucs and most thought we did have a roster that could take us to the playoffs, but won't because of our brutal schedule and the inconsistency of Winston and Dirk.

MJW wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Many of us think this team is loaded with talent, but it seems very few outside of Tampa do.

You act like that's some sort of embarrassing thing like we have a division that consists of the Colts, Jets, and Bears. We have 3 playoff teams in our division, 2 of which have been to the SB in the last 3 years. The 3 other QBs in our division consist of 2 MVPs and an SB MVP that will likely end up with the most passing yards in NFL history. Our "4th easier schedule" is the 4th hardest in the NFL, and 2nd in our division(By 1 win). ****, we have the hardest opening 3 games of the SB era.
Nano

Postby Rocker » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:15 pm

I hope for a winning record, this year.

I expect playoffs next year.
Rocker

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm

Caradoc wrote:

You should pay more attention then. More than one media person has opined that we have one of the best (and at least one said the best) defensive front sevens in the league. Most also rank our receiving and TE corps there as well. People outside of Tampa generally rate our OL much higher than Tampa fans do. Winston ranks in the top half of QBs on most lists. The talent is there and seen by many, that's why we were so hyped last year, and the only reason we aren't more hyped with all the talent additions this year is people are scared of committing.

The talent is there, and everyone knows it. The question is coaching (particularly on D), and will Winston ever grow the **** up.

We'll see once they are on the field. Many publications had us between 22 and 26 in "power ranking s" prior to Jameis getting suspended. Much of that is due to our schedule and division, but we were a bad team last year on both sides of the ball. A lot the new talent we added is unknown and our secondary is still a question mark.
uscbucsfan

Postby MJW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:36 pm

Nano wrote:

A lot of people around think we have plenty of talent and nobody really claims that talent is an issue in Tampa. Generally, when people list our weaknesses they list Winston and Dirk(Most don't even list our secondary anymore). Hell, there was a Reddit poll about a month back about the Bucs and most thought we did have a roster that could take us to the playoffs, but won't because of our brutal schedule and the inconsistency of Winston and Dirk.

MJW wrote:

You act like that's some sort of embarrassing thing like we have a division that consists of the Colts, Jets, and Bears. We have 3 playoff teams in our division, 2 of which have been to the SB in the last 3 years. The 3 other QBs in our division consist of 2 MVPs and an SB MVP that will likely end up with the most passing yards in NFL history. Our "4th easier schedule" is the 4th hardest in the NFL, and 2nd in our division(By 1 win). ****, we have the hardest opening 3 games of the SB era.

I think you totally missed the point. Like, totally.

The point is, yeah, we're not bad. But it probably won't matter, for all the reasons I stated and then you somewhat re-stated.
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:57 pm

Jameis Winston Statement

“The NFL informed me today that I will be suspended for the first three games of the season.

First and foremost, I would like to say I’m sorry to the Uber driver for the position I put you in. It is uncharacteristic of me and I genuinely apologize. In the past 2 1/2 years my life has been filled with experiences, opportunities and events that have helped me grow, mature and learn, including the fact that I have eliminated alcohol from my life.

I know I have to hold myself to a higher standard on and off the field and that I have a responsibility to my family, community, and teammates to live above the platform with which God has blessed me. I apologize to my teammates, the Buccaneers organization and fans for letting them down and for not being able to be out there for the first three games of the season. Although I am disappointed in the NFL’s decision, I understand the NFL’s process, and I embrace this as an opportunity to take advantage of the resources available to help me achieve the goals that I have for myself.

I now look forward to putting this behind me and I will continue to work hard every day to be a positive influence in my community and be the best person, teammate and leader I can be.”
Bootz2004

Postby SixStringSamurai » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:13 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Jameis Winston Statement

“The NFL informed me today that I will be suspended for the first three games of the season.

First and foremost, I would like to say I’m sorry to the Uber driver for the position I put you in. It is uncharacteristic of me and I genuinely apologize. In the past 2 1/2 years my life has been filled with experiences, opportunities and events that have helped me grow, mature and learn, including the fact that I have eliminated alcohol from my life.

I know I have to hold myself to a higher standard on and off the field and that I have a responsibility to my family, community, and teammates to live above the platform with which God has blessed me. I apologize to my teammates, the Buccaneers organization and fans for letting them down and for not being able to be out there for the first three games of the season. Although I am disappointed in the NFL’s decision, I understand the NFL’s process, and I embrace this as an opportunity to take advantage of the resources available to help me achieve the goals that I have for myself.

I now look forward to putting this behind me and I will continue to work hard every day to be a positive influence in my community and be the best person, teammate and leader I can be.”

Sounds like some **** he’s said before.
SixStringSamurai

Postby acmillis » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Jameis Winston Statement

Franchise QB material right there...
acmillis

Postby DanTurksGhost » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:52 pm

The first three games are still going to come down to how well both lines play, TBH.
DanTurksGhost

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:55 pm

The comment about giving up alcohol in the statement is Winston’s admission that he did grab her by the *****. The fact that he won’t challenge is further proof of his guilt.

I hope I’m wrong but I think we will regret not drafting Rosen when we had the chance.
Brazen331

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Brazen331 wrote:The comment about giving up alcohol in the statement is Winston’s admission that he did grab her by the *****. The fact that he won’t challenge is further proof of his guilt.

I hope I’m wrong but I think we will regret not drafting Rosen when we had the chance.

What does ANY of that have to do with Josh Rosen? Rosen wouldn't even be a good fit in this system.
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Brazen331 wrote:The comment about giving up alcohol in the statement is Winston’s admission that he did grab her by the *****. The fact that he won’t challenge is further proof of his guilt.

I still think Winston is a better QB and while I'm upset he will miss 3 games, I think he could still have a big year. I don't like the incident or how he handled it, but don't care about what kind of person he is off the field as.long as he plays well on it, which is still up in the air. When his off field issues imlact his play, with suspension s, it becomes an issue, but as far as I'm concerned or care this is the first incident. I'm not freaking out, like many here.

Edit: I've never understood why people care about these things or try to make athletes or actors into role models. As long as a player can stay on the field, it doesn't bother me.To each their own.
uscbucsfan

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:19 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

What does ANY of that have to do with Josh Rosen? Rosen wouldn't even be a good fit in this system.

What it means is we had a chance to snag arguably the best QB in the draft. I’ve watched Winston since Hueytown. I was a fan of his before he even signed his LOI, much less played for my favorite college and pro team.

At this point, I think it’s more likely that the Winston pick will be looked backed on as the move that set this franchise back not moved it ahead.

Hopefully I’m wrong but I don’t think Winston will ever grow up and mature. It’s kind of baked in the cake by now.

It looks like our future is having a 20 million dollar a year QB who could embarrass your franchise at any moment. You never know when that late night phone call is coming.
Brazen331

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions