Jameis Winston Contract

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston Contract

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:20 am

Agent Orange wrote:I think it's important to note that Jameis was drafted on May 1st 2015 knowing full well he needed to stay out of trouble. He didn't even make it one calendar year. Seriously he couldn't stay out of trouble for one year.

Instead he's stayed out of trouble for the last 2 years..
Bootz2004

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:29 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Kinda wish I had 4 girls. Love my boys, don’t get me wrong but ***damn they are messy.

Exact opposite at my house. My son pratically cleans him room and makes his bed to military standards. My daughters have to cut paths from their beds to the door through the dirty laundry and crap. Messiest thing about my son is that he loves to slide for no reason at little league, so I'm washing his uniform four times a week.

I grew up with all brothers so I had no idea what raising a little girl was like.

Dayum.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby GottaJaboo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:31 am

Anyone that has a problem with Jameis in the community or as a teammate, simply doesn't like the guy or has an agenda. Don't let your orange and blue get in the way of sound football here in Tampa. It's a really bad look and speaks to a childish approach to sports that no other fanbase has to deal with. Grow up.
GottaJaboo

Postby RedLeader » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:53 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
RedLeader wrote:It is funny though, have a good buddy of mine - one of the biggest dogs ive had the pleasure of witnessing.

All he wanted was his boy. 4 girls in. Still hoping.

I laugh at him all the time.

Kinda wish I had 4 girls. Love my boys, don’t get me wrong but ***damn they are messy.

Ya, i feel you there... I just dont know if i could parent a girl as well. Or at least as hard, if you know what i mean.

(You cant just drill a girl in the chest when they get outta line the way you can a 180 pound freshman.) ;)
RedLeader

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:01 am

I'm not happy about what Jameis did, but he's going to pay for it. Big time. 3 game checks is nothing to sneeze at. As a father of 2 daughters, I'm good with his punishment just as his victim is good with his punishment. That's good enough for me.

I don't care what team he's a QB of, this doesn't deserve banishment from the team or the league at this point. Also, as far as we all know, he's lived a clean and trouble-free life since that incident. If he can continue that course, then he's welcome to play QB for the team I root for.

If he hasn't learned his lesson this time, then, by all means, show him the door.

Oh, and, RL...raising girls is awesome. Also, they're much more willing to take care of dear ol' dad when he gets old(er) and feeble(r). :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 am

GottaJaboo wrote:Anyone that has a problem with Jameis in the community or as a teammate, simply doesn't like the guy or has an agenda. Don't let your orange and blue get in the way of sound football here in Tampa. It's a really bad look and speaks to a childish approach to sports that no other fanbase has to deal with. Grow up.

yeah, okaaay .. no other fanbase other than steelers have a qb accused of rape ? is that what you mean ?
Jason Bourne

Postby GottaJaboo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:49 am

No, I mean no other fan base has such hatred on Saturday's towards each other, then comes together so tightly on Sunday. The State of Michigan is close but, there college football love up there isn't near as rabid as it is down here. Jameis threw 12 INTs vs. UF at Doak Campbell stadium, and FSU still beat the hell out of them. Many at UF simply will never get over that and let that effect their fandom on Sundays.
GottaJaboo

Postby Super K » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:02 am

Buc2 wrote:I'm not happy about what Jameis did, but he's going to pay for it. Big time. 3 game checks is nothing to sneeze at. As a father of 2 daughters, I'm good with his punishment just as his victim is good with his punishment. That's good enough for me.

I don't care what team he's a QB of, this doesn't deserve banishment from the team or the league at this point. Also, as far as we all know, he's lived a clean and trouble-free life since that incident. If he can continue that course, then he's welcome to play QB for the team I root for.

If he hasn't learned his lesson this time, then, by all means, show him the door.

Oh, and, RL...raising girls is awesome. Also, they're much more willing to take care of dear ol' dad when he gets old(er) and feeble(r). :lol:

Agree with everything you said here, including the notes about daughters...

I've got both..2 sons/2 daughters...

Those wishing for daughters must; it's all good until they hit their teens...then, WOW.. fuckin craziness..

Boys are stupid...very stupid...sometimes I look at them and wonder how we ever survived as a species...
Super K

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:15 am

GottaJaboo wrote:No, I mean no other fan base has such hatred on Saturday's towards each other, then comes together so tightly on Sunday. The State of Michigan is close but, there college football love up there isn't near as rabid as it is down here. Jameis threw 12 INTs vs. UF at Doak Campbell stadium, and FSU still beat the hell out of them. Many at UF simply will never get over that and let that effect their fandom on Sundays.

I disagree and I am a cane fan. Jameis acts like a moron alot of the time, has the most stupid brain fart turnovers, then throws and 30 out on a rope for a 1st down. ...its frustrating . then factor in that the fanbase here really really wants a winning franachise QB but with Jameis anything can happen at this point. people dont know if they can trust him.. Hey I was a mariota fan but I am willing to get behind the guy but he has to grow up. And I hope there isnt anykind of criminal sexual behavior with the guy but at this point I think alot of us dont know... so dont act like Jameis and his fans are victims here.
Jason Bourne

Postby GottaJaboo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:42 am

Again, there is no denying that many in our fan base hated Jameis before he got here. His play is trending in the right direction. Mariota is currently throwing more INTs than TDs. So, I am super glad we didn't eat that cheese. Winston will get us there. He's as hard a worker as we have had at the position.
GottaJaboo

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:57 am

GottaJaboo wrote:Again, there is no denying that many in our fan base hated Jameis before he got here. His play is trending in the right direction. Mariota is currently throwing more INTs than TDs. So, I am super glad we didn't eat that cheese. Winston will get us there. He's as hard a worker as we have had at the position.

Hard work =/= success.

This is true in Football and life.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NavyBuc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:11 am

GottaJaboo wrote:His play is trending in the right direction.

Eh.....Not so sure about this. His play is stuck in neutral right now. I thought he was better in '16 in some aspects, and others better in '17. I thought JB hit the nail on the head. We want to get behind this guy, but he's making it really hard for people to do that. Great play can erase a lot of things, but Jameis' play has been inconsistent and while there are reasons for hope, there's also reasons for concern.
NavyBuc

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:17 am

Super K wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I'm not happy about what Jameis did, but he's going to pay for it. Big time. 3 game checks is nothing to sneeze at. As a father of 2 daughters, I'm good with his punishment just as his victim is good with his punishment. That's good enough for me.

Those wishing for daughters must; it's all good until they hit their teens...then, WOW.. fuckin craziness..

Boys are stupid...very stupid...sometimes I look at them and wonder how we ever survived as a species...

Same here, I have 2/2(3 sons including my step son). But my oldest 3 are teens now and man you ain't lying! My daughter is damn near a model citizen and has never really been in trouble but she's very stern, direct and has no filter like her dad. We bump heads more than you'd expect.

Red, what you said about disciplining girls being a bit harder is true more so when they're younger. But my daughter is 13 now and sometimes I want to just want to put her out of the house lol. My 2 year old daughter can do no wrong in my eyes.
Bootz2004

Postby Deuce » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:22 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Super K wrote:

Same here, I have 2/2(3 sons including my step son). But my oldest 3 are teens now and man you ain't lying! My daughter is damn near a model citizen and has never really been in trouble but she's very stern, direct and has no filter like her dad. We bump heads more than you'd expect.

Red, what you said about disciplining girls being a bit harder is true more so when they're younger. But my daughter is 13 now and sometimes I want to just want to put her out of the house lol. My 2 year old daughter can do no wrong in my eyes.

Based on this board, I expect that you bump heads with everyone, all the time.
Deuce

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:52 am

Deuce wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I don't even bump heads much with most people on this board. If anything you bump heads more with people here because no one really likes you.
Bootz2004

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Damn.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:15 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

I don't even bump heads much with most people on this board. If anything you bump heads more with people here because no one really likes you.

no one is alot of people, might be an exaggeration dont you think ?
Jason Bourne

Postby BucaRican » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I guess he is implying that if people disagree they automatically do not like each other. Or maybe I am miss reading who the heck knows, its Friday and I need a beer.
BucaRican

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:29 pm

BucaRican wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

I guess he is implying that if people disagree they automatically do not like each other. Or maybe I am miss reading who the heck knows, its Friday and I need a beer.

I thought was implying that he speaks for everybody :)
Jason Bourne

Postby Agent Orange » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:39 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:I think it's important to note that Jameis was drafted on May 1st 2015 knowing full well he needed to stay out of trouble. He didn't even make it one calendar year. Seriously he couldn't stay out of trouble for one year.

I am sure more dirt will come out about more idiotic behavior. After all he has been lying about this for the last two years.
Agent Orange

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:45 am

Agent Orange wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I am sure more dirt will come out about more idiotic behavior. After all he has been lying about this for the last two years.

You're sure or you hope?
Bootz2004

Postby Agent Orange » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:45 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

You're sure or you hope?

It's just a matter of time with him. To answer your question though at this point my own personal feeling is both. I am ready to get this over with and move forward. There is a lot of talent on this team being wasted right now.
Agent Orange

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:19 am

Agent Orange wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
You're sure or you hope?

It's just a matter of time with him. To answer your question though at this point my own personal feeling is both. I am ready to get this over with and move forward. There is a lot of talent on this team being wasted right now.

You say a lot of wasted talent on this team and you're ready to get rid of the guy with the most potential on this team. The irony.

But as usual bias breeds stupidity. Just had to get you on record of hoping Winston fails. Nothing else to see here.
Bootz2004

Postby Agent Orange » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:41 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

You say a lot of wasted talent on this team and you're ready to get rid of the guy with the most potential on this team. The irony.

But as usual bias breeds stupidity. Just had to get you on record of hoping Winston fails. Nothing else to see here.

Don't you mean continues to fail? I am one of the many fans that are done with Winston. He continues to embarrass this franchise and it's fans on and off the field. I don't know what is worse, him getting beat like a drum by Marcus Marriota in his firat games, his primetime pathetuc performances or his actions against the Saints last year. Lets not even talk about his boneheaded turnovers...
Agent Orange

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:27 am

Welcome back. AO. I admit I’m kinda glad you got a semi-new schtick.
PrimeMinister

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:44 am

Behavior is only part of it. There is no reason for Winston to not be dominant after the suspension.

He will have up to 5 legit, good targets on any passing play.

He will have a line able to consistently give him 4-5 seconds to get the ball out on most plays.

Have a RB that should give him around 1,300 yards all purpose.

He's got just about as good a situation as a quarterback could ask for and so I really expect him to play very very well.

If he doesn't? What more is there to say?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Super K » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:59 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Behavior is only part of it. There is no reason for Winston to not be dominant after the suspension.

He will have a line able to consistently give him 4-5 seconds to get the ball out on most plays.

He's got just about as good a situation as a quarterback could ask for and so I really expect him to play very very well.

The line and run game are still some question marks in my book.. (who the **** is even starting at RG?)..

Even still, you're pretty spot on...he should/must have a big year... but the same could've been said prior to him being suspended...
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Super K wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Behavior is only part of it. There is no reason for Winston to not be dominant after the suspension.

The line and run game are still some question marks in my book.. (who the **** is even starting at RG?)..

Even still, you're pretty spot on...he should/must have a big year... but the same could've been said prior to him being suspended...

Questionmarks, sure.

But Russell Wilson would flourish in this offense.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:08 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Super K wrote:

Questionmarks, sure.

Most would expect a talented QB going into their 7th season to flourish in an NFL offense as opposed to one going into their 4th year. I've said it once and I will say it again, fans who think top QBs reach their peak at age 24-25 are naive at best. Top QBs in this league all have 6-7 years under their belt. All are in their late 20s/early 30s. This idea of a 24 year old MVP just isn't realistic. And progression is NOT linear. It's a build.
Bootz2004

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:14 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Questionmarks, sure.

Most would expect a talented QB going into their 7th season to flourish in an NFL offense as opposed to one going into their 4th year. I've said it once and I will say it again, fans who think top QBs reach their peak at age 24-25 are naive at best. Top QBs in this league all have 6-7 years under their belt. All are in their late 20s/early 30s. This idea of a 24 year old MVP just isn't realistic. And progression is NOT linear. It's a build.

Of course he should progres. It's a majority opinion that he has progressed.

But that doesn't change the fact that he has a lot of talent to work with and should play at a high level. If he can't win with this group, we have a problem. And the defense need only be mediocre to eliminate excuses.
Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions