Former Bucs pro bowler Donnie Abraham assessment of 2018 DBs

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Former Bucs pro bowler Donnie Abraham assessment of 2018 DBs

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Did anyone else see his breakdown and discussion about our DBs? Seemed unimpressed, saw some flaws that could be costly and like me thinks Whitehead actually has most upside.You guys value his opinion or no?I still don't think we took advantage of the 3 #2's as best we could have. I'm optimistic but something's telling me we blundered an opportunity somehow.Not sure of how exactly, just that we did.Still wanted Roquan Smith , and I can't say what we did with the extra 2's makes up for passing on him.
LavonteDavid54

Re: Former Bucs pro bowler Donnie Abraham assessment of 2018

Postby acmillis » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 pm

LavonteDavid54 wrote:Did anyone else see his breakdown and discussion about our DBs? Seemed unimpressed, saw some flaws that could be costly and like me thinks Whitehead actually has most upside.You guys value his opinion or no?I still don't think we took advantage of the 3 #2's as best we could have. I'm optimistic but something's telling me we blundered an opportunity somehow.Not sure of how exactly, just that we did.Still wanted Roquan Smith , and I can't say what we did with the extra 2's makes up for passing on him.

Yeah..they've been playing really poorly and that guy that went right before us has been a three time all-pro....oh wait.
acmillis

Postby Super K » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Roquan Smith? Instead of Vea?...

A freaking weakside LB?

I would've ball punched Licht myself if he would've pulled that stunt..
Super K

Postby Nano » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Yeah, taking Roquan Smith(as good a prospect as he is) would've been about as bad as taking a QB in the first. We have one of the strongest LB groups in the league right now...no need to spend a first on another.
Nano

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:26 pm

LavonteDavid54 wrote:Did anyone else see his breakdown and discussion about our DBs? Seemed unimpressed, saw some flaws that could be costly and like me thinks Whitehead actually has most upside.You guys value his opinion or no?I still don't think we took advantage of the 3 #2's as best we could have. I'm optimistic but something's telling me we blundered an opportunity somehow.Not sure of how exactly, just that we did.Still wanted Roquan Smith , and I can't say what we did with the extra 2's makes up for passing on him.

What did you want to do with the 3 #2s? Are there 3 players you wanted more who were available at those picks?
PrimeMinister

Postby Eastwood » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:24 pm

This thread didn’t go as planned.
Eastwood

Postby Cheb » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Are you talking about the breakdowns Donnie did that are found here? http://www.tbo.com/data/2018/06/08/mj-s ... uccaneers/

Without further context, it's hard to agree or disagree. Every rookie will have flaws, especially second rounders. There's a reason they fell as far as they did.

I'm glad the Bucs traded back. Three second round selections is a good haul, and we still got a great defender in Vita Vea. Now the rookies have to prove themselves on their own merits.

I liked the Jones and Davis picks. Solid prospects. Stewart was a headscratcher for me. I don't see what One Buc sees in him, apparently.
Cheb

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:04 am

Cheb wrote:Are you talking about the breakdowns Donnie did that are found here? http://www.tbo.com/data/2018/06/08/mj-s ... uccaneers/

Without further context, it's hard to agree or disagree. Every rookie will have flaws, especially second rounders. There's a reason they fell as far as they did.

I'm glad the Bucs traded back. Three second round selections is a good haul, and we still got a great defender in Vita Vea. Now the rookies have to prove themselves on their own merits.

I liked the Jones and Davis picks. Solid prospects. Stewart was a headscratcher for me. I don't see what One Buc sees in him, apparently.

Cheb, in regards to Stewart, who would you have went after? Using the NFL.com tracker.
mdb1958

Postby MJW » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:02 am

Nano wrote:Yeah, taking Roquan Smith(as good a prospect as he is) would've been about as bad as taking a QB in the first. We have one of the strongest LB groups in the league right now...no need to spend a first on another.

That would have been pure Jackie Chan WTF memeface time.
MJW

Return to Team Discussions