2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby SIBucsFan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:42 pm

I like Marpet, but to me #74 is a jersey that shouldn't have been issued after 1999.

Image

Paul Gruber was so good, he was drafted ahead of guys like Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, Michael Irvin, and Randall McDaniel, and I've never heard anything negative about that.
User avatar
SIBucsFan
 
Posts: 1647
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 am
Has thanked: 296 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:03 pm

Dang, When I was scouting who to post in the 70’s last week I had him in mind but completely forgot him this morning. Thanks for posting it
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:51 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:33 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:41 am

Image

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:33 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:38 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:51 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:11 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:36 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:01 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:03 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:50 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby SIBucsFan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 am

Kona, for some reason that picture is difficult to post. I'm unable to as well. However, this one from Getty Images, also of Tony Mayberry, is not.

Image
User avatar
SIBucsFan
 
Posts: 1647
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 am
Has thanked: 296 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:28 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:34 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby bahamian:bucfan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:00 am

I really love this thread and every year I look forward to it.

I was trying my best to remember when we first started doing this. But I couldn't.

Was it started at the "official Tampa Bay bucs Board" (the one that would be back in the fall)?
Was it started at the board before this one (the one that chased us here because of all those stupid adds)?
Or was it started here?

Who was the member that first got it going and what year was that?

Everything is going by so fast to me it is getty harder for me to put a time frame on things.

Thanks.

Take care and God bless you all.
Image
User avatar
bahamian:bucfan
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Freeport, Grand Bahama; Bahamas
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:15 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:18 am

bahamian:bucfan wrote:I really love this thread and every year I look forward to it.

I was trying my best to remember when we first started doing this. But I couldn't.

Was it started at the "official Tampa Bay bucs Board" (the one that would be back in the fall)?
Was it started at the board before this one (the one that chased us here because of all those stupid adds)?
Or was it started here?

Who was the member that first got it going and what year was that?

Everything is going by so fast to me it is getty harder for me to put a time frame on things.

Thanks.

Take care and God bless you all.


I’m not too sure when or who first started it. I wanna say it was on the original message board, but could be wrong. Either way it helps pass these dog days of summer before TC and Pre-Season get here. Go bucs!
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:04 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:28 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Deja Entendu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:02 am

I couldn't sleep, and was going to steal your thunder at midnight; but, it just felt cruel stealing DB after you stuck it out through all those lineman.

I always enjoy the countdown. Thanks for keeping it going, Kona.
Deja Entendu
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:07 am

Ha, if anyone wants to contribute by all means go for it!

Only 10 more days til TC starts!
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Konatown wrote:
bahamian:bucfan wrote:I really love this thread and every year I look forward to it.

I was trying my best to remember when we first started doing this. But I couldn't.

Was it started at the "official Tampa Bay bucs Board" (the one that would be back in the fall)?
Was it started at the board before this one (the one that chased us here because of all those stupid adds)?
Or was it started here?

Who was the member that first got it going and what year was that?

Everything is going by so fast to me it is getty harder for me to put a time frame on things.

Thanks.

Take care and God bless you all.




I’m not too sure when or who first started it. I wanna say it was on the original message board, but could be wrong. Either way it helps pass these dog days of summer before TC and Pre-Season get here. Go bucs!


I actually started it first at the original Buc’s Board in either 2000 or 2001. However, I always just started with 99 days remaining but no pics of players. Then somewhere in the second year of it people started posting pics. Then the board shut down blah blah blah. So to my knowledge Kona was the first one to start it back up.
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 4923
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanks for the recognition Babe, though I can’t take credit as I haven’t started it every year. But thanks to those who enjoy it and started/contributed to it throughout the years.

A side note, we’re less than 10 days away from our first training camp practice. The drought is almost over Bucs fans!
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Konatown wrote:Thanks for the recognition Babe, though I can’t take credit as I haven’t started it every year. But thanks to those who enjoy it and started/contributed to it throughout the years.

A side note, we’re less than 10 days away from our first training camp practice. The drought is almost over Bucs fans!


Regardless thanks for doing it now. Great fun to read. And 10 days!! Wow!!! For some reason this off season went by really fast for me, usually it just drags and drags...
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 4923
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Konatown » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:34 am

Image
Konatown
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: 2018 Buccaneers Countdown to Kickoff Thread

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:35 am

Whoa...just hit me that we're under 2 months away.

Everyone talks about Gerald McCoy and how we're wasting a HOF career. But Lavonte David may be even more wasted. At least McCoy gets his due. David has one All-Pro and one Pro Bowl to his name, and they aren't even the same season. I don't think anyone could deny that playing for us and not being a 3-4 OLB have both hurt his career. At times, throughout multiple games and seasons, he's been the only one to show up on our defense and seemingly make every play. He'll go down as a Buccaneer great and fan favorite for sure, even if no one outside of Tampa will know.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 48 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Caradoc, Deja Entendu, Google [Bot], Ironworker808, LynchysKiss, Moozician, Noles1724, Snake, Teitan, The Outsider, Wesmon and 41 guests