Josh Freeman

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon May 28, 2018 10:54 am

ghostzap wrote:he got a raw deal and fitzpatrick is old, he wd be a better backup than old fitzpatrick plus it was a raw deal he got from Shiano just cause he wnated a obedient slave and freeman was not putting up with his ****. Bucs shd write a wrong and sign josh.


At this point I just hope your parents didn’t have any other kids .
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Mex-Buc » Mon May 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
ghostzap wrote:he got a raw deal and fitzpatrick is old, he wd be a better backup than old fitzpatrick plus it was a raw deal he got from Shiano just cause he wnated a obedient slave and freeman was not putting up with his ****. Bucs shd write a wrong and sign josh.


At this point I just hope your parents didn’t have any other kids .


:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Mex-Buc
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:34 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Eastwood » Mon May 28, 2018 8:53 pm

It’s funny, I was just thinking about Freeman the other day. Freeman might be more of a mental case than Ghostcrap.
Eastwood
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:31 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby RedLeader » Mon May 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Wait, did he delete his post?
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 3078
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: G14 Classified
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Tbayfan » Mon May 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Tbayfan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Admin » Mon May 28, 2018 9:20 pm

RedLeader wrote:Wait, did he delete his post?


No, he did not.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby bahamian:bucfan » Mon May 28, 2018 9:37 pm

Tbayfan wrote:Image



Man, looking at the picture of "FAT" Freeman really has me thinking "what if.................." I mean at one point this dude was WILLING us to victories! 25 td's to only 6 ints is not easy to do in your 2nd year.

So here is my HYPOTHETICAL question of the day.

Had Freeman stayed fat, committed, dedicated, clean, etc where would this team be now AND how far would he have taken us (thus far)?
Image
User avatar
bahamian:bucfan
 
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Freeport, Grand Bahama; Bahamas
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Tbayfan » Mon May 28, 2018 9:59 pm

“Healthy” Freeman > most Bucs QB’s (< Williams,Winston)
Image
User avatar
Tbayfan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby terrytate » Mon May 28, 2018 10:36 pm

Had Freeman maintained the same level of commitment and stay as clean as the long term starters in this league, he is likely still our QB. I don't know if he would have ever been an All-Pro, but he was playing well above average ball with a bucket of crap at the receiver position. Seriously, his weapons were K2, Mike Williams, Sammy Stroughter, Mike Spurlock and the immortal Maurice Stovall.

I am still in awe of how the poor prospect we drafted started playing the ball he did and then turned around and pissed it all away.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2598
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Cheb » Tue May 29, 2018 12:04 am

bahamian:bucfan wrote:
Tbayfan wrote:Image



Man, looking at the picture of "FAT" Freeman really has me thinking "what if.................." I mean at one point this dude was WILLING us to victories! 25 td's to only 6 ints is not easy to do in your 2nd year.

So here is my HYPOTHETICAL question of the day.

Had Freeman stayed fat, committed, dedicated, clean, etc where would this team be now AND how far would he have taken us (thus far)?


If Freeman stayed fat and proved that 2010 wasn't a fluke, then I think he could have taken us to the NFC championship game.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 4769
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 408 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby MJW » Tue May 29, 2018 12:06 am

There's some revisionist history with Freeman. He wasn't exactly a juggernaut even when he was, ummmm, healthy. He had serious short and intermediate accuracy issues. He made some real boneheaded decisions with the football. He seemed incapable of throwing of a changeup at times, making things hard on his receivers.

BUT...

If he stayed...ummmmmm...healthy...I think he'd still be the starting quarterback here. I think we'd probably have a playoff trip or two. Schiano might still have a job (nothing was going to save Raheem.) When it was working for him, he was a darn solid quarterback. The last month of 2010, he put up 78-109 for 1,019 yards, 9 TDs, and 0 picks. We won 3 of 4, got to double digits, and just missed the playoffs. He had another stretch in 2012 where we won 5 of 6 and threw 16 touchdowns, and threw zero picks in 5 of those games.

But you know what? Who cares? The guy made his choices.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9612
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 428 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby SIBucsFan » Tue May 29, 2018 7:12 am

If Freeman had stayed clean, the team would look a lot different today. Different records throughout the years would've given us different draft choices, different choices in free-agency, etc.

However, with Freeman and all else remaining the same, I imaging Freeman to Mike Evans and Freeman to DeSean Jackson deep downfield would be very fun to watch. I enjoyed watching him throw the deep ball, at least on his best days.
User avatar
SIBucsFan
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 am
Has thanked: 307 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby SIBucsFan » Tue May 29, 2018 7:16 am

That 2010 season really did have us believing, especially the last 8 games of the season and having that being the lasting image in our minds of Freeman going into 2011.

Last 8 games

145-228 (63.60% comp)
1,729 yards
15 TDs
1 INT
106.8 QBR
5-3 W/L

He also scrambled for 162 yards in that stretch. It seemed like we had a QB that could do it all, and the big deal about all this was that fact Freeman was 22 years old any other issues he had many of us believed he would eventually correct.
User avatar
SIBucsFan
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 am
Has thanked: 307 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Noles1724 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:47 am

so was there ever an official reason as to what went wrong? did the substance he abused ever become fact?

good timing for this thread as it seems he just retired from the CFL 2 days ago.
Image
Noles1724
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby deltbucs » Tue May 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Tbayfan wrote:“Healthy” Freeman > most Bucs QB’s (< Williams,Winston)

Admin, are you going to just let mdb bi-post?
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5487
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 315 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Buc2 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:00 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Tbayfan wrote:“Healthy” Freeman > most Bucs QB’s (< Williams,Winston)

Admin, are you going to just let mdb bi-post?

Not him. There's punctuation in that post.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12728
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1023 times
Been thanked: 449 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Tbayfan » Tue May 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Buc2 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Admin, are you going to just let mdb bi-post?

Not him. There's punctuation in that post.


This ^
Image
User avatar
Tbayfan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby deltbucs » Tue May 29, 2018 3:00 pm

Did I really need to use blue?
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5487
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 315 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby BucaRican » Tue May 29, 2018 3:23 pm

bahamian:bucfan wrote:
Tbayfan wrote:Image



Man, looking at the picture of "FAT" Freeman really has me thinking "what if.................." I mean at one point this dude was WILLING us to victories! 25 td's to only 6 ints is not easy to do in your 2nd year.

So here is my HYPOTHETICAL question of the day.

Had Freeman stayed fat, committed, dedicated, clean, etc where would this team be now AND how far would he have taken us (thus far)?


It was giving up Taco Bell at 2 am that drove him to failure. I remember reading a article that was one of the things he quit doing in order to lose weight.
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed May 30, 2018 2:02 pm

dude went from weed to pills and wasn't prepared for what happens to the rest of your life when you slide down the slope like that
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 3712
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 456 times
Been thanked: 314 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Super K » Wed May 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Ahhhh....Fat Freeman...he was a stud behind center for us....
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Konatown » Thu May 31, 2018 7:01 am

I believed the hype and bought a Freeman jersey, which is now collecting dust. No more jerseys for this guy
Konatown
 
Posts: 1371
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Agent Orange » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:46 pm

Many of you got fooled or just plain don't know what you are looking at. Freemen could not read a defense. They designed a few easy look one way then throw the other plays for him. He never sat in there and made his reads. He was a below 60% completion percentage player. In 2010 we had a solid running game, the easiest schedule ever and we still didn't make the playoffs. Freeman was never a franchise QB. Duminik made his biggest mistake.
Agent Orange
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:10 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby MJW » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:22 am

Agent Orange wrote:Many of you got fooled or just plain don't know what you are looking at. Freemen could not read a defense. They designed a few easy look one way then throw the other plays for him. He never sat in there and made his reads. He was a below 60% completion percentage player. In 2010 we had a solid running game, the easiest schedule ever and we still didn't make the playoffs. Freeman was never a franchise QB. Duminik made his biggest mistake.


I mean, you're not wrong, but for the purposes of this conversation, it's fair to argue the mental side of the game would have improved if the problems that knocked him out of the league hadn't been present in the first place. Maybe not a ton, but some.

Could he have been Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady...no. He didn't have the accuracy, and the mental side wasn't going to improve THAT much. But he could have been a 10-12 year starter, thrown for 40K, made the playoffs a couple times...basically he could have been for us what Matt Stafford has been for the Lions.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9612
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 428 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Super K » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:38 am

MJW wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:Many of you got fooled or just plain don't know what you are looking at. Freemen could not read a defense. They designed a few easy look one way then throw the other plays for him. He never sat in there and made his reads. He was a below 60% completion percentage player. In 2010 we had a solid running game, the easiest schedule ever and we still didn't make the playoffs. Freeman was never a franchise QB. Duminik made his biggest mistake.


...basically he could have been for us what Matt Stafford has been for the Lions.


Lol, no...no freakin way...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby MJW » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:47 am

Super K wrote:
MJW wrote:
...basically he could have been for us what Matt Stafford has been for the Lions.


Lol, no...no freakin way...


In what way? Throwing for a bunch of empty yards and going to the playoffs once out of every five years? Yes, I think that's about where Freeman would have ended up.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9612
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 428 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Stuart » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:48 am

Konatown wrote:I believed the hype and bought a Freeman jersey, which is now collecting dust. No more jerseys for this guy



Lol. I have a Gaines Adams jersey
Stuart
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Doctor » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:08 am

Wait so is Freeman fat now or skinny?
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5627
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby Super K » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:58 am

MJW wrote:
Super K wrote:
Lol, no...no freakin way...


In what way? Throwing for a bunch of empty yards and going to the playoffs once out of every five years? Yes, I think that's about where Freeman would have ended up.


I think your comparison is giving WAY too much benefit of the doubt to Free...

But it's nothin I'd wanna fight you over...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Josh Freeman

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:58 am

MJW wrote:
Super K wrote:
Lol, no...no freakin way...


In what way? Throwing for a bunch of empty yards and going to the playoffs once out of every five years? Yes, I think that's about where Freeman would have ended up.


Stafford has been a full time starter for 7 seasons and has 4 winning seasons in that time. Freeman had one such season (which was smoke and mirrors based on our opponents).

Stafford has also been over a 65% passer each of the last 3 seasons, so I think your critique on accuracy is outdated.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 14169
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 580 times
Been thanked: 622 times

Next

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BacksidePursuit, Baidu [Spider], Naismith and 24 guests