Josh Freeman

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Josh Freeman

Postby MJW » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:37 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
MJW wrote:
In what way? Throwing for a bunch of empty yards and going to the playoffs once out of every five years? Yes, I think that's about where Freeman would have ended up.

Stafford has been a full time starter for 7 seasons and has 4 winning seasons in that time. Freeman had one such season (which was smoke and mirrors based on our opponents).

Stafford has also been over a 65% passer each of the last 3 seasons, so I think your critique on accuracy is outdated.

Again, the premise is that his head is on straight and he works on his game. And it took Stafford 7 seasons to get about 60.3%. Freeman was out of the after five.
MJW

Postby RedLeader » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:00 am

All I know is that, “The Best Things In Life Are Free’man” was a great fantasy team name while it lasted...
RedLeader

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:08 am

Josh!? Where are you? Do you need blow?!
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:53 am

The Outsider wrote:Josh!? Where are you? Do you need blow?!

:lol:

I'm sure he's found another dealer by now. 8-)
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Cheb » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:05 am

RedLeader wrote:All I know is that, “The Best Things In Life Are Free’man” was a great fantasy team name while it lasted...

My go-to was Somewhere Over Dewayne Bowe.
Cheb

Postby Agent Orange » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:20 pm

MJW wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:Many of you got fooled or just plain don't know what you are looking at. Freemen could not read a defense. They designed a few easy look one way then throw the other plays for him. He never sat in there and made his reads. He was a below 60% completion percentage player. In 2010 we had a solid running game, the easiest schedule ever and we still didn't make the playoffs. Freeman was never a franchise QB. Duminik made his biggest mistake.

I mean, you're not wrong, but for the purposes of this conversation, it's fair to argue the mental side of the game would have improved if the problems that knocked him out of the league hadn't been present in the first place. Maybe not a ton, but some.

Could he have been Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady...no. He didn't have the accuracy, and the mental side wasn't going to improve THAT much. But he could have been a 10-12 year starter, thrown for 40K, made the playoffs a couple times...basically he could have been for us what Matt Stafford has been for the Lions.

I did a ton of research on him before the draft. I just don't see it. He wasn't successful at winning in college and the accuracy is the biggest reason. Once he faced some tougher competition he folded. He was just terrible. Look at the game he played for the Vikings. Worst game ever in history.
Agent Orange

Postby The Outsider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:50 am

Agent Orange wrote:
MJW wrote:
I mean, you're not wrong, but for the purposes of this conversation, it's fair to argue the mental side of the game would have improved if the problems that knocked him out of the league hadn't been present in the first place. Maybe not a ton, but some.

Could he have been Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady...no. He didn't have the accuracy, and the mental side wasn't going to improve THAT much. But he could have been a 10-12 year starter, thrown for 40K, made the playoffs a couple times...basically he could have been for us what Matt Stafford has been for the Lions.

I did a ton of research on him before the draft. I just don't see it. He wasn't successful at winning in college and the accuracy is the biggest reason. Once he faced some tougher competition he folded. He was just terrible. Look at the game he played for the Vikings. Worst game ever in history.

Yeah, but you suck at judging talent so really, no one here is interested in your research.
The Outsider

Previous

Return to Team Discussions