Players must stand for anthem

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Players must stand for anthem

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:22 pm

I know the whole first verse and I can't recall ever singing the song in my life. I don't know if this means there's something wrong with all of you or if I was involved in a CIA psy-op involving God Bless America at some time in my past.
The Outsider

Postby Rocker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:27 am

The Outsider wrote:I know the whole first verse and I can't recall ever singing the song in my life. I don't know if this means there's something wrong with all of you or if I was involved in a CIA psy-op involving God Bless America at some time in my past.

Imagine listening to God Bless America and trying to sync it up with “Baby Shark” because your children are heartless demons and demand that song on repeat.
Rocker

Postby sanka » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:08 am

Well done to the eagles for giving Trump the middle finger. You call them sons of bitches and you expect them to come and kiss your ass? **** you :lol:
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby MJW » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:51 am

sanka wrote:Well done to the eagles for giving Trump the middle finger. You call them sons of bitches and you expect them to come and kiss your ass? **** you :lol:

I don't think either party covered themselves in glory with this. The Eagles should be called out for that eye-rolling, "We were totally going to volunteer while we were in DC and now we're not!" nonsense.

The difference is, one party is The President Of The United States Of America, which is to say, should be held to a higher standard than literally everyone else. At least, that's how I remember things being until around 1993.
MJW

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:34 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:12 am

love that guy...and his stance on kneeling while in the oval office.
Stuart

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:34 am

Pederson said it all with one word ------------------------ no.

That is what all of you should do.
mdb1958

Postby BucaRican » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:01 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:Well done to the eagles for giving Trump the middle finger. You call them sons of bitches and you expect them to come and kiss your ass? **** you :lol:

I don't think either party covered themselves in glory with this. The Eagles should be called out for that eye-rolling, "We were totally going to volunteer while we were in DC and now we're not!" nonsense.

The difference is, one party is The President Of The United States Of America, which is to say, should be held to a higher standard than literally everyone else. At least, that's how I remember things being until around 1993.

How ???? It has always been a invitation.... People decided not to show-up to see Obama after championships, but this presidents ego has influenced everything he has done. He is infatuated with crowd sizes.... If 8 players decided to go then allow the 8 players to go. Don't cancel a visit because the majority don't agree with you. It was a bad bad move.

The Eagles owner wanted to attend and so did some staff, but the African-American players in majority stood together. The irony is, the Eagles did not Kneel during the regular season. Political ploy for mid-term election is on from this president.

Something is going to happen before game 1, trust me the players are not showing the poker hand they are going to play.
BucaRican

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:05 pm

BucaRican wrote:
MJW wrote:

How ???? It has always been a invitation.... People decided not to show-up to see Obama after championships, but this presidents ego has influenced everything he has done. He is infatuated with crowd sizes.... If 8 players decided to go then allow the 8 players to go. Don't cancel a visit because the majority don't agree with you. It was a bad bad move.

The Eagles owner wanted to attend and so did some staff, but the African-American players in majority stood together. The irony is, the Eagles did not Kneel during the regular season. Political ploy for mid-term election is on from this president.

Something is going to happen before game 1, trust me the players are not showing the poker hand they are going to play.

ONLY ONE PLAY^ER WAS GOING!!!!!!!! please drop the trump nonsense from this thread. you have not seen any obama hating on here......
the best hand the players could play would be hand on their heart during anthem and hand on the ball during games. short of that they are sacrificing the future of the sport, future players etc....

easy fix. do as your told.

just like every other employed person.
Stuart

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:14 pm

BucaRican wrote:
MJW wrote:

So you'd have me believe that if only 8 of 53 players from a team said they would attend the event and the other 45 said they wouldn't because they didn't like or agree with Obama, you'd have been upset had Obama cancelled the event? I call bs.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby BucaRican » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Buc2 wrote:
BucaRican wrote:

So you'd have me believe that if only 8 of 53 players from a team said they would attend the event and the other 45 said they wouldn't because they didn't like or agree with Obama, you'd have been upset had Obama cancelled the event? I call bs.

Obama would not have canceled #1 no matter how many people decide to come, #2 Obama would acknowledge the freedom of speech displayed by the players, #3 Obama would have not forced fed the unpatriotic narrative coming from the White House. This has to do with the President of the United States influencing A false narrative, and amplifying it by lying about the Eagles visit in his latest charades.
Last edited by BucaRican on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BucaRican

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:28 pm

BucaRican wrote:
Buc2 wrote:So you'd have me believe that if only 8 of 53 players from a team said they would attend the event and the other 45 said they wouldn't because they didn't like or agree with Obama, you'd have been upset had Obama cancelled the event? I call bs.

Obama would not have cancel #1 no matter how many people decide to come, #2 Obama would acknowledge the freedom of speech displayed by the players, #3 Obama would have not forced fed the unpatriotic narrative coming from the White House. This has to do with the President of the United States influencing A false narrative, and amplifying it by lying about the Eagles visit in his latest charades.

Sure. Whatever. But if he had, you'd have been pissed at him. Right? Give me a break.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Stuart

Postby BucaRican » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Buc2 wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
Obama would not have cancel #1 no matter how many people decide to come, #2 Obama would acknowledge the freedom of speech displayed by the players, #3 Obama would have not forced fed the unpatriotic narrative coming from the White House. This has to do with the President of the United States influencing A false narrative, and amplifying it by lying about the Eagles visit in his latest charades.

Sure. Whatever. But if he had, you'd have been pissed at him. Right? Give me a break.

We don't deal in shoulda could haves, the fact is what it is at the moment, and on several issues I was pissed with Obama. Doesn't change the fact that this President lies daily, and force feeds information.
BucaRican

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:35 pm

BucaRican wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Sure. Whatever. But if he had, you'd have been pissed at him. Right? Give me a break.

We don't deal in shoulda could haves, the fact is what it is at the moment, and on several issues I was pissed with Obama. Doesn't change the fact that this President lies daily, and force feeds information.

Why even insert Obama into or try to say what he would or wouldn't have done? You don't know what he would have done and it's irrelevant to what is going on. People stated they weren't showing up to the White House right after Trump was elected because they didn't agree with this Politics. The players are just as responsible as the media, fans, and the President for politicizing this tradition. Not having it is best for all. This really is not a big deal.
uscbucsfan

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Rocker wrote:
The Outsider wrote:I know the whole first verse and I can't recall ever singing the song in my life. I don't know if this means there's something wrong with all of you or if I was involved in a CIA psy-op involving God Bless America at some time in my past.

Imagine listening to God Bless America and trying to sync it up with “Baby Shark” because your children are heartless demons and demand that song on repeat.

Is there any other type of child?
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Buc2 wrote:
BucaRican wrote:

I would have been.
The Outsider

Postby MJW » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:48 pm

BucaRican wrote:
MJW wrote:

How ????

One, the President invites you, you go. Do you think every athlete ever agreed with or liked the guy in office? Obviously not. I'm willing to bet there were plenty who thought Bush was a war criminal, or Christians who thought Clinton was a piece of filth, or War Hawks who loathed Jimmy Carter. They all went.

Two, to make a public statement that amounts to, "Jeez, if we had still been invited, we'd have spent the time doing community service in DC, but now we're not invited so we're not going to bother" is pathetic.

And before you ask, I've been Never Trump since before they put is brain in Bill The Cat. But let's not pretend the Eagles handled all this perfectly.
MJW

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:06 am

Yep. Both sides played this terribly.

Another missed opportunity.

And where the **** is Kaep in all of this? Did that ****er go radio silent now, or am i just not seeing it... lol.

Talk about leading from behind.
RedLeader

Postby NYBF » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:32 am

RedLeader wrote:And where the **** is Kaep in all of this? Did that ****er go radio silent now, or am i just not seeing it... lol.

When Kaep makes noise, he should shut the **** up.

When something that has absolutely nothing to do with Kaep is going on, he should be making noise?

Why? So you can tell him to shut the **** up?
NYBF

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:48 am

NYBF wrote:
RedLeader wrote:And where the **** is Kaep in all of this? Did that ****er go radio silent now, or am i just not seeing it... lol.

When something that has absolutely nothing to do with Kaep is going on, he should be making noise?

Before you accuse him of inconsistency, he also holds the opinion that Kaep doesn’t actually believe in his causes and only took a knee to be popular, despite public records of over $1 million in Kaepernick donations.
Ken Carson

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 am

NYBF wrote:

Wow. You must not think much of Kaep... Thats both stupid and probably just as offensive. Lol.

How about you just go back to talking to that hot lamp over there, Brick.
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:54 am

Ken Carson wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Before you accuse him of inconsistency, he also holds the opinion that Kaep doesn’t actually believe in his causes and only took a knee to be popular, despite public records of over $1 million in Kaepernick donations.

You guys are so small minded.

$1M is NOTHING compared to the true impact he couldve had.

How do you not see this?
RedLeader

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:00 am

NYBF wrote:

I don't believe people generally had/have an issue with Kap (or anyone else) speaking up about their causes other than when he made the decision to initially sit, then kneel for the Anthem in protest, which was followed up with very anti-LE explanation. But if you're using the example of protesting during the anthem as the only way to 'make noise' than I can see what your saying. I just think there can be some nuance there is all.

If players/people want to protest by not standing than so be it. That is their decision, but like with anything you don't get to control the reaction to it. I'm just of the opinion that as we sit almost 2 years later after the initial protest by Kap that the message he was trying to send and conversations he wanted to start have been accomplished. That isn't saying the fight is over on these issues and there isn't work to be done. But does continuing to protest in this manner do more or less in attaining results? I don't know the right answer of even if there is one.

I do know that with our current President and partisan climate this has turned into a political issue and I strongly believe that sidetracks the intended purpose of what these players are trying to achieve. Not to mention it's terrible for their business which is why the NFL is trying keep the politics out of it. I just think the NFL and players have been painted into a corner here.

As a sports fan (like many of us) I can say I'm personally pretty burnt out on the issue and with 'political sports' in general. I long for the day to return that we can to tuning into sports radio or an NFL game they just talk about sports. But maybe that ship has sailed. I don't even tune into sports radio, or pre and post game commentary much anymore b/c more often than not they can't go 5 minutes without talking about some non-sports related issue.

I don't care what the sports industry has to say about politics any more than I care about what politicians think about sports.
DreadNaught

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:07 am

Ken Carson wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Also, i think you’re confusing me with someone else. I’ve never said any of that. Lol.

I’ve just alays said its a shame Kaep and Co have thoroughly wasted an opportunity to effect some actual, long-lasting change.

You cant just throw a few dollars (relatively speaking) at the problem, and then just hold your breath and stomp your feet forever.

Okay. We get it. There seems to be a problem with .05 percent of the law enforcement community in some areas. Thank you. Now, how do we fix it?

Just saying. You guys should be demanding more from your leader.

Mlk knew he couldnt just march forever.
RedLeader

Postby Stuart » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:10 am

all I hear is it's ok to ignore the national anthem blah, blahbety, blah, blah

what's next? FLAG BURNING IS OK and not unpatriotic?
Stuart

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:55 am

RedLeader wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Before you accuse him of inconsistency, he also holds the opinion that Kaep doesn’t actually believe in his causes and only took a knee to be popular, despite public records of over $1 million in Kaepernick donations.

Also, i think you’re confusing me with someone else. I’ve never said any of that. Lol.

I’ve just alays said its a shame Kaep and Co have thoroughly wasted an opportunity to effect some actual, long-lasting change.

You cant just throw a few dollars (relatively speaking) at the problem, and then just hold your breath and stomp your feet forever.

Okay. We get it. There seems to be a problem with .05 percent of the law enforcement community in some areas. Thank you. Now, how do we fix it?

Do you honestly think only 0.5% of LE treat black and Latino people differently than they treat white people? Is that truly what you think?
Ken Carson

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:12 am

Ken Carson wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

Do you honestly think only 0.5% of LE treat black and Latino people differently than they treat white people? Is that truly what you think?

1/200?

Given the number of incidents and the more 1 millions LEO's I think the number could be smaller. I'd be interested why you believe the number should be bigger? I'm not sure how we're connecting a relatively very small number of incidents (compared to the # of LEOs and their daily interactions) to saying over 6000 LEOs act in some type of racial bias in the course of their duty.

Perhaps we should start by defining 'treat differently'.
DreadNaught

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:50 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Do you honestly think only 0.5% of LE treat black and Latino people differently than they treat white people? Is that truly what you think?

1/200?

Given the number of incidents and the more 1 millions LEO's I think the number could be smaller. I'd be interested why you believe the number should be bigger? I'm not sure how we're connecting a relatively very small number of incidents (compared to the # of LEOs and their daily interactions) to saying over 6000 LEOs act in some type of racial bias in the course of their duty.

Perhaps we should start by defining 'treat differently'.

Treat differently... I would define it as approach an interaction differently due, at lest in part, to the appearance of the person. I think it is vastly higher than 1/200, since the general population would index significantly higher than that.

This involves a lot of unconscious bias, not just overt racism.
Ken Carson

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:56 pm

There's a reason for the unconscious bias (and it's displayed by all LEOs, not just white LEOs). Maybe that should also be addressed?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions