Players must stand for anthem

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Players must stand for anthem

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:41 am

deltbucs wrote:
Deuce wrote:If the president invites you to the WH, you should go. It's an honor.

Seconded. If Trump invited me anywhere, I'd decline.
Cheb

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:44 am

If any president during my lifetime invited me to visit the White House, I would go because I really wouldn't be going to meet that particular president but rather to get a unique glimpse of the history of this great nation.
Zarniwoop

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:44 am

Cheb wrote:
deltbucs wrote:

I wouldn't. I've always wanted to meet Donald Trump. I don't see him as President. He's a joke. But I think he's a funny dude sometimes.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:46 am

Zarniwoop wrote:If any president during my lifetime invited me to visit the White House, I would go because I really wouldn't be going to meet that particular president but rather to get a unique glimpse of the history of this great nation.

Such a great nation. Stolen from Native Americans, built on the backs of slaves.
Bootz2004

Postby Super K » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 am

This thread has become like the legs of a $2 hooker...

"Open at your own risk"
Super K

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:24 am

Zarniwoop wrote:If any president during my lifetime invited me to visit the White House, I would go because I really wouldn't be going to meet that particular president but rather to get a unique glimpse of the history of this great nation.

They offer tours ya know. You should go sometime.
Cheb

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:25 am

Cheb wrote:

I'm thinking these teams and anyone invited personally gets more than the average tour. I'm guessing they get to meet more people and possibly see different areas. Maybe not?
Zarniwoop

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Cheb wrote:

I'm thinking these teams and anyone invited personally gets more than the average tour. I'm guessing they get to meet more people and possibly see different areas. Maybe not?

I doubt an athlete sees anything more behind the scenes than John Public on an official tour.
Cheb

Postby Deuce » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am

Deuce wrote:If the president invites you to the WH, you should go. It's an honor.

That being said, Trump inserted himself into the "players must stand" thing unnecessarily. I don't have anything against any NFL players who now refuse to go.

Cheb wrote:
deltbucs wrote:

I feel like the second part of my post was invisible or something.

For the record, I think refusing to go because you don't agree with the president's politics is stupid. Since he's gotten involved with the standing/kneeling thing, any sports players have a pass from now until the end of his presidency.
Deuce

Postby Buc You » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Cheb wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

I doubt an athlete sees anything more behind the scenes than John Public on an official tour.

No way, every champion athlete to grace the white house has been shown the maps of Area 51, JFKs dead hooker closet, and Truman's alien sex tape.
Buc You

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:47 pm

Cheb wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

They go inside the oval office.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:48 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:I read and hear often how players could have used this opportunity to speak to the President about their concerns. Craig Hodges handed a letter to President H.W. Bush detailing societal concerns he had...and was blackballed out of the NBA for that. How do you think President Trump would publicly handle NFL players expressing concerns about police brutality and systemic racism? Appealing to these two issues would not play will with his base. Actually demonizing the NFL players as anti-American is a boost for Trump. Every time he can say NFL players are disrespecting America or the flag it’s positive bump for his side. A person can only have open conversation if they believe the other party is engaging in good faith. If you were coming to Trump to discuss a disagreement would you believe Trump is engaging in good faith? Or would you believe that this President is going to blast you on Twitter 5 minutes after you walk out of the door?

I'm not sure about that. I think Trump has demonstrated to some degree that if you actually make an effort to sit down with him that you can appeal to his ego and get results. We saw it w/ Kim K getting Alice Johnson's sentence commuted, along w/ Van Jones and some others sitting down with him on Prison reform. I get people hate Trump, but putting aside differences to work on a common goal is how you get results/make progress. You may not always get every result you initially wanted, but it certainly seems to work better than the 'I hate Trump so I won't even speak to him' approach. Some progress is better than no progress imo.

As a follow up to this...

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said he wants to meet with NFL players and other athletes who kneel during the National Anthem so they can recommend people they think should be pardoned due to unfair treatment by the justice system.

In what he seemingly sees a solution, President Donald Trump said he wants NFL players and other athletes who kneeled during the National Anthem
"I'm going to ask them to recommend to me people who were unfairly treated," Trump said at White House Friday. Trump's contentious relationship with the NFL reached a peak last year when he lambasted players who took a knee during the National Anthem to protest institutionalized racism and police brutality.

"You have a lot of people in the NFL in particular, but in sports leagues, they're not proud enough to stand for our National Anthem. I don't like that," Trump said Friday, also insisting that players should not remain in the locker room when the "Star Spangled Banner" is playing.

"What I'm going to do is, I'm going to say to them instead of talk ... I am going to ask all of those people to recommend to me -- because that's what they're protesting -- people that they think were unfairly treated by the justice system," Trump said. "And I understand that."

He added, "If the athletes have friends of theirs or people they know about that have been unfairly treated by the system, let me know."
Trump called his presidential power to pardon people a "beautiful thing," adding that "you got to get it right." The President also floated a pardon for posthumous boxing great Muhammad Ali, though the athlete's attorney said that is "unnecessary" because the Supreme Court overturned his previous conviction.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Mountaineer Buc

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Cheb wrote:

And anyone who said that about Obama would be racist.
Caradoc

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Cheb wrote:Seconded. If Trump invited me anywhere, I'd decline.

Really? That surprises me coming from you.

Reasonable people are able to put aside their differences. So if there was an issue you wanted to advance some type legislation on, or just take advantage of the opportunity to have the ear of the POTUS you'd decline it b/c of your feelings for him personally?

I can't relate. But I've never hated a POTUS the way some people hate Trump. In my observation the ill feelings greatly impairs their better judgement.

I have a strong dislike for Hillary Clinton, but I sure as **** wouldn't turn down an invitation from her if she was President. It's not the same, but the best analogy I can surmise for myself.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:15 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

Reasonable people are able to put aside their differences. So if there was an issue you wanted to advance some type legislation on, or just take advantage of the opportunity to have the ear of the POTUS you'd decline it b/c of your feelings for him personally?

I can't relate. But I've never hated a POTUS the way some people hate Trump. In my observation the ill feelings greatly impairs their better judgement.

I have a strong dislike for Hillary Clinton, but I sure as **** wouldn't turn down an invitation from her if she was President. It's not the same, but the best analogy I can surmise for myself.

This is a great post and expresses my feelings exactly. I just don't get what it is about Trump that enrages people so much. I mean, Bill Clinton had sex with a woman right in the WH and I think most people would still like to meet him.
Deuce

Postby Stuart » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Trum p is an Alpha male in power. people can't handle the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stuart

Postby HamBone » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:20 pm

This is still a thing? Dafuq?!
HamBone

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Cheb wrote:

There you are with Obama and race again. Are you going to try to deny posting this as well?
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:32 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

Not Cheb, but in the case of this current POTUS I don't think anything I said to the man would affect any sort of legislative or policy decision he would make because he doesn't seem to be a reasonable man who is open to advice, particularly from someone he doesn't know.
The Outsider

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:54 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

There you are with Obama and race again. Are you going to try to deny posting this as well?

dafuq is wrong with you? Lies now?

I've never denied posting anything - though I suspect I know which post you are talking about, and I never denied it, simply that I don't remember typing it and the post made no sense, so I'm not sure what point, if any, I was trying to make in it. But go ahead and lie away, it's not like you ever discuss anything in good faith anyway. Smear people when you have nothing else.
Caradoc

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Caradoc wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I've never denied posting anything - though I suspect I know which post you are talking about, and I never denied it, simply that I don't remember typing it and the post made no sense, so I'm not sure what point, if any, I was trying to make in it. But go ahead and lie away, it's not like you ever discuss anything in good faith anyway. Smear people when you have nothing else.

I just take particular exception to disingenuous cowards.
The Outsider

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:33 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

Hate yourself much?
Caradoc

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Caradoc wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Hate yourself much?

No, because even when I say unpalatable things I own them. The proof behinds my words can be found in your post history and really, one wouldn't have to search very deep.
The Outsider

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:49 pm

So, you’ve got nothing. I’ve owned everything I ever posted dipshit. But I’m done with you so just feel free to **** off, I’ll not be wasting my time with you again.
Caradoc

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Caradoc wrote:So, you’ve got nothing. I’ve owned everything I ever posted dipshit. But I’m done with you so just feel free to **** off, I’ll not be wasting my time with you again.

Probably a good idea on your part.
The Outsider

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Cheb wrote:

This guy :roll:
deltbucs

Postby SDBucs » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:14 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Such a great nation. Stolen from Native Americans, built on the backs of slaves.

Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
SDBucs

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Not our fault they were on our land before we got here.
Caradoc

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:08 pm

lmao yeah, I remember thinking that back in high school too, Bootz. Then the darnedest thing happens to that opinion when you actually realize world history didn't start in 1500, and that the US doesn't exist in a vacuum. What you have issue with is humanity itself, not this great nation.
beardmcdoug

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions