"Probably the most underrated quarterback of 2017"

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: "Probably the most underrated quarterback of 2017"

Postby Super K » Fri May 18, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm always down for some pizza...

Gotta be thick crust/pan/Chicago style though Dread...
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri May 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Super K wrote:I'm always down for some pizza...

NY style or go home.

you know you have a damned good slice of pizza when it's good with just cheese on it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Naismith wrote:
The much rarer form of using the wrong compliment/complement!

Bootz2004 wrote:This piece here, I don't think fans and critics truly understand what this means.
We just need to play better complimentary football and defense.

Don't worry, Bootz got the compliment/complement wrong form back on track!

When the level of football being discussed is way above your mental capacity, go to the next best thing. That being a grammar cop.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Fri May 18, 2018 1:02 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Noted...

You better gather up a few of the guys and go have a "I'm a winner pizza"!

I get it, I'm the winner. But that doesn't make you a loser. Here is your participation trophy. Thanks for playing.

DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Fri May 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Super K wrote:I'm always down for some pizza...

NY style or go home.

you know you have a damned good slice of pizza when it's good with just cheese on it.

Depends on the mood I'm in as both have their qualities. If I had to choose I'd go NY Style.

That said a gourmet deep-dish pizza is hard to beat. I just can't find a good place in Tampa anymore since Windy City Pizza closed a few years back in Carrollwood.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri May 18, 2018 1:15 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:NY style or go home.

Depends on the mood I'm in as both have their qualities. If I had to choose I'd go NY Style.

That said a gourmet deep-dish pizza is hard to beat. I just can't find a good place in Tampa anymore since Windy City Pizza closed a few years back in Carrollwood.

Good deep dish is hard to find, I'll admit.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby SDBucs » Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Winston will have a bonehead play here or there that gets the spotlight and distracts many from how well he plays overall.
SDBucs

Postby Caradoc » Fri May 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

Don't worry, Bootz got the compliment/complement wrong form back on track!

When the level of football being discussed is way above your mental capacity, go to the next best thing. That being a grammar cop.

Caradoc

Postby Noles1724 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:13 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:You win!

Noted...

honestly, I'm not sure how you won.. I have a hard time trying to figure out what to argue with mdb about.

he's surely a JW hater because mdb is just soooooo much smarter than everyone else.

>>>????<<<<>><><><<>><>< (I miss these days)
Noles1724

Postby Noles1724 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:15 pm

SDBucs wrote:Winston will have a bonehead play here or there that gets the spotlight and distracts many from how well he plays overall.

Rose Bowl prime example.
Noles1724

Postby sanka » Fri May 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Bucarican will not be commenting on this thread....and some other woman.
“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
― Malcolm X
sanka

Postby Konatown » Fri May 18, 2018 4:58 pm

SDBucs wrote:Winston will have a bonehead play here or there that gets the spotlight and distracts many from how well he plays overall.

This.

For the most part he’s a really good QB. If he can cut down the turnovers he can become a great one. I trust him when it’s down to the wire that he’s going to drive us down the field.

Last game of the year is a perfect example, 3 INTs in one game but throws a game winning strike.
Konatown

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Even if he "cut down on the turnovers" people would still point them out. The turnovers are going to be part of this offense. Throwing down the field is a higher degree of difficulty and involves more risk. Defenders will get their hands on passes. Pass rushers will get to him even if protection is good. Even despite all that he's been damn good and great at times. He's improved every year at the hardest position in football. A position that fans think players "master" in 3 years. Yea, only on your game consoles kids. There really isn't anything else you could ask from him at this point.
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Fri May 18, 2018 5:49 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Quit strumming the harp. More TD's and less TO's in order to do anything in the playoffs. He has a great offense, he needs to master its capabilities.

acmillis

Postby Super K » Fri May 18, 2018 6:14 pm

Noles1724 wrote:

Rose Bowl prime example.

Yep....
Super K

Postby Naismith » Fri May 18, 2018 7:12 pm

I'll say this about Jameis, deep dish pizza is gross.
Naismith

Postby acmillis » Fri May 18, 2018 8:38 pm

Naismith wrote:I'll say this about Jameis, deep dish pizza is gross.

Yeah...Jameis would much rather eat a W
acmillis

Postby Caradoc » Fri May 18, 2018 10:34 pm

Eat a W, grope a V, what's the difference?
Caradoc

Postby MJW » Fri May 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Even if he "cut down on the turnovers" people would still point them out. The turnovers are going to be part of this offense. Throwing down the field is a higher degree of difficulty and involves more risk. Defenders will get their hands on passes. Pass rushers will get to him even if protection is good. Even despite all that he's been damn good and great at times. He's improved every year at the hardest position in football. A position that fans think players "master" in 3 years. Yea, only on your game consoles kids. There really isn't anything else you could ask from him at this point.

So, let's break this post down:

- Even if he did fewer dumb things, people would still point it out when he did dumb things. Yes, that's probably true. Also, water is wet.
- Turnovers will be a part of any offense. It doesn't make turnovers something you shouldn't try to cut down on.
- Pass rushers will get to him even if protection is good. Also true, but I don't understand your point.
- Yes, he's been good and occasionally great and occasionally terrible, too. It's part of the process. If that's your point, I concur.
- Mastery is a meaningless concept. For the contract he's about to sign, he needs to keep improving. It's the same "ask" that's been in place since he got here.
- And part of that is reducing his turnovers. 21 in 12 1/4th games is not good enough. Polish the turd all you want, it's still too much.
MJW

Postby Agent Orange » Sat May 19, 2018 12:04 am

He also makes more bonehead plays than any other QB currently starting in the NFL. He has another year to to prove himself. Another season like last year he won't be getting that 2nd contract. There's no way you can afford to give a QB a 2nd contract now that is not 100% viewed as having the ability to get you to and win the superbowl. I can't imagine him making the playoffs at this point. You can talk about the injury all you want. Mariota didn't have a problem winning games while he was hurt last year. He has more weapons on paper than any other QB we've ever had. Time to win!
Agent Orange

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:11 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Even if he "cut down on the turnovers" people would still point them out. The turnovers are going to be part of this offense. Throwing down the field is a higher degree of difficulty and involves more risk. Defenders will get their hands on passes. Pass rushers will get to him even if protection is good. Even despite all that he's been damn good and great at times. He's improved every year at the hardest position in football. A position that fans think players "master" in 3 years. Yea, only on your game consoles kids. There really isn't anything else you could ask from him at this point.

- Even if he did fewer dumb things, people would still point it out when he did dumb things. Yes, that's probably true. Also, water is wet.
- Turnovers will be a part of any offense. It doesn't make turnovers something you shouldn't try to cut down on.
- Pass rushers will get to him even if protection is good. Also true, but I don't understand your point.
- Yes, he's been good and occasionally great and occasionally terrible, too. It's part of the process. If that's your point, I concur.
- Mastery is a meaningless concept. For the contract he's about to sign, he needs to keep improving. It's the same "ask" that's been in place since he got here.
- And part of that is reducing his turnovers. 21 in 12 1/4th games is not good enough. Polish the turd all you want, it's still too much.

The sooner you get back to making cogent, logical and insightful posts the better we will all be. This sad, emo MJW who tries too hard is very grating. You've basically become a slightly more mature version of Sanka. Snap out of it woman. That time of the month has passed.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Sat May 19, 2018 1:21 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

The sooner you get back to making cogent, logical and insightful posts the better we will all be. This sad, emo MJW who tries too hard is very grating. You've basically become a slightly more mature version of Sanka. Snap out of it woman. That time of the month has passed.

I count six cogent (nice word) points, none of which you responded to. He will (and should) be held responsible for bad plays. He needs to cut down on turnovers. He will get sacked and fumble like anyone else. He has good moments and bad ones. The expectation is that he needs to keep improving. None of that is the least bit unreasonable or emotional. Do you have the ability to respond, or are you just going to keep working out your woman issues with me?
MJW

Postby sanka » Sat May 19, 2018 3:12 am

Agent Orange wrote:He also makes more bonehead plays than any other QB currently starting in the NFL. He has another year to to prove himself. Another season like last year he won't be getting that 2nd contract. There's no way you can afford to give a QB a 2nd contract now that is not 100% viewed as having the ability to get you to and win the superbowl. I can't imagine him making the playoffs at this point. You can talk about the injury all you want. Mariota didn't have a problem winning games while he was hurt last year. He has more weapons on paper than any other QB we've ever had. Time to win!

He will get a 2nd contract...no matter what. Look at all these QBs getting 2nd contracts ...What did Cousins win to warrant such contract?
“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
― Malcolm X
sanka

Postby MJW » Sat May 19, 2018 3:23 am

sanka wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:He also makes more bonehead plays than any other QB currently starting in the NFL. He has another year to to prove himself. Another season like last year he won't be getting that 2nd contract. There's no way you can afford to give a QB a 2nd contract now that is not 100% viewed as having the ability to get you to and win the superbowl. I can't imagine him making the playoffs at this point. You can talk about the injury all you want. Mariota didn't have a problem winning games while he was hurt last year. He has more weapons on paper than any other QB we've ever had. Time to win!

He will get a 2nd contract...no matter what. Look at all these QBs getting 2nd contracts ...What did Cousins win to warrant such contract?

Better stats and more wins than Winston? That?

But I agree, of course he'll get a second contract. And I don't think it'll top $30 Mil APY, but it will be hefty. He will get it because OBP will be betting on him to continue to improve, and he will get so much because of the same market forces that govern EVERY deal. For quarterbacks, the scarcity of talent at the position combined with the importance of the position = huge contracts. Which is also the answer to your question about Cousins. Quarterbacks as productive as Cousins almost never hit the open market in their primes. For a team like Minnesota, that HAS everything else, adding Cousins in this market is a bargain at that price.
MJW

Postby acmillis » Sat May 19, 2018 5:53 am

sanka wrote:

Ummmm....games?!?!?
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:55 am

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:

Better stats and more wins than Winston? That?

But I agree, of course he'll get a second contract. And I don't think it'll top $30 Mil APY, but it will be hefty. He will get it because OBP will be betting on him to continue to improve, and he will get so much because of the same market forces that govern EVERY deal. For quarterbacks, the scarcity of talent at the position combined with the importance of the position = huge contracts. Which is also the answer to your question about Cousins. Quarterbacks as productive as Cousins almost never hit the open market in their primes. For a team like Minnesota, that HAS everything else, adding Cousins in this market is a bargain at that price.

I didn't realize Jameis Winston was the measuring stick when it came to QBs getting 2nd contracts. Good to know.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:02 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I count six cogent (nice word) points, none of which you responded to. He will (and should) be held responsible for bad plays. He needs to cut down on turnovers. He will get sacked and fumble like anyone else. He has good moments and bad ones. The expectation is that he needs to keep improving. None of that is the least bit unreasonable or emotional. Do you have the ability to respond, or are you just going to keep working out your woman issues with me?

I don't count any. I count an attempted parody of the post I made. Very weakly attempted. You didn't make any point. You just repeated what I said in your own way.

Now THIS post is the one you should've made minus the part about women issues and the fictional story about your 6 cogent points. Cutting down on turnovers will help but as I'm saying keep things in perspective. Do you think a QB in an offense where it's all 5-7 step drops, intermediate to deep routes and a so-so Oline, an virtually no run game will have the same number of turnovers as a QB in a West coast system? Or a system built around the run and all he does is make 20-22 throws a game? Of course you don't. But by saying "cut down on turnovers" give me a number. What's acceptable in your opinion given the offense and given the fact that he's a 4th year QB.
Bootz2004

Postby Terp » Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 am

You have to take into account the nature of the turnovers as well though if you’re being objective. Will the QB consistently making throws at a higher degree of difficulty than what Dak Prescott is asked to do have more turnovers? Most likely. But he still shouldn’t add to that margin by throwing into triple coverage, or flipping the ball out of his hand as he’s being sacked or falling to the ground.
Terp

Postby mdb1958 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:05 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

I don't count any. I count an attempted parody of the post I made. Very weakly attempted. You didn't make any point. You just repeated what I said in your own way.

Now THIS post is the one you should've made minus the part about women issues and the fictional story about your 6 cogent points. Cutting down on turnovers will help but as I'm saying keep things in perspective. Do you think a QB in an offense where it's all 5-7 step drops, intermediate to deep routes and a so-so Oline, an virtually no run game will have the same number of turnovers as a QB in a West coast system? Or a system built around the run and all he does is make 20-22 throws a game? Of course you don't. But by saying "cut down on turnovers" give me a number. What's acceptable in your opinion given the offense and given the fact that he's a 4th year QB.

Considering his draft status, along with the thinking he should be a star that replaces the old guard soon.

1 interception for every 5 touchdowns.
mdb1958

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:21 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Considering his draft status, along with the thinking he should be a star that replaces the old guard soon.

1 interception for every 5 touchdowns.

5/1 TD/INT ratio???? If can name 1 starting QB that's has that ratio for their career I'll agree. GO!
Bootz2004

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions