"Probably the most underrated quarterback of 2017"

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: "Probably the most underrated quarterback of 2017"

Postby acmillis » Sat May 19, 2018 9:21 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
I don't count any. I count an attempted parody of the post I made. Very weakly attempted. You didn't make any point. You just repeated what I said in your own way.

Now THIS post is the one you should've made minus the part about women issues and the fictional story about your 6 cogent points. Cutting down on turnovers will help but as I'm saying keep things in perspective. Do you think a QB in an offense where it's all 5-7 step drops, intermediate to deep routes and a so-so Oline, an virtually no run game will have the same number of turnovers as a QB in a West coast system? Or a system built around the run and all he does is make 20-22 throws a game? Of course you don't. But by saying "cut down on turnovers" give me a number. What's acceptable in your opinion given the offense and given the fact that he's a 4th year QB.

Considering his draft status, along with the thinking he should be a star that replaces the old guard soon.

1 interception for every 5 touchdowns.

I'd be happy with him averaging 1 turnover/game next season
acmillis

Postby mdb1958 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:26 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

Considering his draft status, along with the thinking he should be a star that replaces the old guard soon.

1 interception for every 5 touchdowns.

5/1 TD/INT ratio???? If can name 1 starting QB that's has that ratio for their career I'll agree. GO!

You said 4th year QB.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:41 am

Ok, he cant handle that.

Lets settle for 2.5 to 1

That way he can just be in the mix.
mdb1958

Postby Teitan » Sat May 19, 2018 3:07 pm

On Friday’s edition of PFT Live, a podcast hosted by Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, Florio announced his opinion that if Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston were to be released right now (not that the Bucs would ever do such a thing) that no team in the NFL would jump at the chance to sign him and make him their starting quarterback.

Florio went on to “clarify” that initial statement on his site.

“Here’s the point I made: At this juncture of the offseason, no other team would immediately sign Winston and make him the starter, if he were suddenly available.”
Teitan

Postby Cheb » Sat May 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Teitan wrote:
On Friday’s edition of PFT Live, a podcast hosted by Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, Florio announced his opinion that if Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston were to be released right now (not that the Bucs would ever do such a thing) that no team in the NFL would jump at the chance to sign him and make him their starting quarterback.

Florio went on to “clarify” that initial statement on his site.

“Here’s the point I made: At this juncture of the offseason, no other team would immediately sign Winston and make him the starter, if he were suddenly available.”

It's late in the offseason. Just about every team has either an established veteran quarterback, a promising rookie, or both. There are plenty of starting quarterbacks that if they were released today wouldn't be given a huge sum of money and be crowned the starter before training camp.

Off the top of my head I'd say that Bortles, Dalton, McCarron, McCown, Tannehill, and Flacco would all be in the same boat. You can add a few more names if that makes you happy.

Non-story.
Cheb

Postby Teitan » Sat May 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Cheb wrote:
Teitan wrote:

It's late in the offseason. Just about every team has either an established veteran quarterback, a promising rookie, or both. There are plenty of starting quarterbacks that if they were released today wouldn't be given a huge sum of money and be crowned the starter before training camp.

Off the top of my head I'd say that Bortles, Dalton, McCarron, McCown, Tannehill, and Flacco would all be in the same boat. You can add a few more names if that makes you happy.

Non-story.

Those QBs you listed.... those teams would probably take winston over the guy you named.
Teitan

Postby Caradoc » Sat May 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Yeah I thought florio was pretty clear and didn’t need to clarify. People made a mountain out of a molehill about this
Caradoc

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Teitan wrote:
Cheb wrote:

Non-story.

Those QBs you listed.... those teams would probably take winston over the guy you named.

Without question. Keep in mind how late in the SEASON it was when the Niners traded for Jimmy G. They immediately cut the guy who went into the year as their starter. You're kidding yourself if you believe there wouldn't a bidding war in May or June for a 24 year old franchise QB.

Also IIRC didn't the Dolphins sign Cutler from CBS last AUGUST and name him starter? A couple years back didn't the Vikings trade for Bradford in September and make him starter just 2 weeks later?
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Sat May 19, 2018 4:07 pm

To be fair, if we were to cut Winston right now...he probably wouldn't have a market at all. I imagine that whatever extreme terrible event that popped up that caused us to cut him immediately in mid-May would scare most other teams off. :P
Nano

Postby Super K » Sat May 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Teitan wrote:
Cheb wrote:

Non-story.

Ain't no "probably" about it...

Florio is a ****ing moron...
Super K

Postby Heidguy » Sat May 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Nano wrote:To be fair, if we were to cut Winston right now...he probably wouldn't have a market at all. I imagine that whatever extreme terrible event that popped up that caused us to cut him immediately in mid-May would scare most other teams off. :P

This is without a doubt literally THE only reason there wouldn't be a huge budding war for him.
Heidguy

Postby mdb1958 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:27 am

I'm harsh on my QB but only because I want him to get better. I'm in the its going to happen camp right now.
mdb1958

Postby sanka » Mon May 21, 2018 12:18 am

Nano wrote:To be fair, if we were to cut Winston right now...he probably wouldn't have a market at all. I imagine that whatever extreme terrible event that popped up that caused us to cut him immediately in mid-May would scare most other teams off. :P

If I had bolt cutter I will cut your balls off..

I wish the Bucs will cut Winston....then they will see the reality of not having a QB.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby Nano » Mon May 21, 2018 4:19 am

So violent
Nano

Postby Noles1724 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:04 pm

mdb1958 wrote:I'm harsh on my QB but only because I want him to get better. I'm in the its going to happen camp right now.

oh thank goodness..
Noles1724

Previous

Return to Team Discussions