POLL: Will Ronald Jones get 1200 rushing yards this year?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Does Ronald Jones rushing for at least 1200 yards?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 44

Re: POLL: Will Ronald Jones get 1200 rushing yards this year

Postby real bucs fan » Tue May 08, 2018 8:53 pm

MJW wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:Barber couldn’t make himself the clear #1 against two years of drug suspended, 2.9 ypc and worst starting RB in the league Doug Martin. The coaching staff chose THAT version of Doug Martin over Barber, yet people believe Jones won’t be the clear #1?

Jones will be the clear #1 RB Week 1. This 1B BS is wishful thinking.

I don't read a ton into that. Quizz Rodgers was sitting on his couch when Koetter called; he didn't call because Quizz was a great talent. He was simply his guy from Atlanta. Same with Antone Smith. I'm not sure Koetter is a "take the names off the jerseys" kind of coach. I don't think MOST coaches are, honestly.

FWIW, I do think the "1B" thing is false, but I think a "1A" thing is probably going to happen, with Barber still relevant as the "B." I don't think we're going to see some sort of, "Jones gets 24 touches, Barber gets 3, Sims gets 1" kind of stat line for the most part, either.

I think we see Jones as the man on 1st and 2nd downs, and Barber as the man on 3rd downs and in short yardage situations.
real bucs fan

Postby Agent Orange » Tue May 08, 2018 9:22 pm

If he does I believe we will win more games so I am going to go with yes on this one.
Agent Orange

Postby Rocker » Tue May 08, 2018 10:11 pm

If we see lines of 15-10-5; we're gonna be just fine.
Rocker

Postby MJW » Thu May 10, 2018 6:59 am

real bucs fan wrote:
MJW wrote:
I don't read a ton into that. Quizz Rodgers was sitting on his couch when Koetter called; he didn't call because Quizz was a great talent. He was simply his guy from Atlanta. Same with Antone Smith. I'm not sure Koetter is a "take the names off the jerseys" kind of coach. I don't think MOST coaches are, honestly.

FWIW, I do think the "1B" thing is false, but I think a "1A" thing is probably going to happen, with Barber still relevant as the "B." I don't think we're going to see some sort of, "Jones gets 24 touches, Barber gets 3, Sims gets 1" kind of stat line for the most part, either.

I think we see Jones as the man on 1st and 2nd downs, and Barber as the man on 3rd downs and in short yardage situations.

With Sims in on some third and long, and Barber getting the odd series to himself, I think that's probably right.
MJW

Previous

Return to Team Discussions