Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby NYBF » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:52 pm

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018 ... son-licht/


TAMPA — Buccaneers team security is investigating a threatening tweet directed at general manager Jason Licht.

But the man responsible for the Twitter post and who identified himself as Mike Rogers, 38, of Houston said he was upset with the Bucs' selections in the NFL draft this past week and meant no harm.

"Yes, that was a total exaggeration," Rogers said Sunday when reached by the Tampa Bay Times. "Just caught up in the moment. It was just a tasteless tweet. I'm not a psychopath."

Licht said he was aware of the tweet but had no comment. The tweet had been removed late Sunday after the Times had contacted Rogers.

On Friday night, shortly after the Bucs selected North Carolina defensive back M.J. Stewart with the No. 53 overall pick in the second round, Rogers posted a series of angry tweets, including one that appeared to cross the line.

The tweet featured a GIF of a murder scene from the 1990 film King of New York depicting a drug lord killing a New York City Police Department narcotics officer with blood splattering inside the vehicle.

Rogers, using his Twitter handle @LuvDemNoles22, wrote above the GIF: "When I see Jason Licht next time I roll through Tampa."

Licht, 47, presided over his fifth NFL draft as Bucs GM this weekend.

On Thursday in the first round of the draft, the Bucs traded down with the Bills from No. 7 overall to No. 12 and selected University of Washington defensive tackle Vita Vea. The other player who had been linked to the Bucs in many mock drafts, Florida State safety Derwin James, was still available when they chose Vea.

Rogers said he would've preferred for the Bucs to have taken James.

"I wanted (Quenton) Nelson really bad, but then he went off right before us," Rogers said, referring to the former Notre Dame guard taken No. 6 overall by the Colts. "Then we traded back. James was still there and a huge position of need. I mean, we have (Chris) Conte back, and he's a huge liability in my opinion. I also think James not working out for teams hurt his stock, but I don't blame him. They have tape and combine to go off of."

Rogers said he grew up in Naples and has been a Florida State football fan since the '80s.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5364
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Caradoc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Now we know MJW's real identity!
Caradoc
 
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Cheb » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:07 pm

Caradoc wrote:Now we know MJW's real identity!


No mention of GM Hamsteak. Myth busted.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 314 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 pm

Posted this in the Bucs draft thread already
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Teitan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:23 pm

I also posted it in the off season thread.


Teitan wrote:http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/04/30/bucs-looking-into-tweet-during-the-nfl-draft-threatening-general-manager-jason-licht/




Ok, who here was it? His comments about James not working out for teams not mattering because they have tape and the combine, I swear I read that exact line in the draft forum leading to draft.


Come on, own up to it! Haha



Doctor, is it you? You were upset that we missed on Nelson.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby NYBF » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:23 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:Posted this in the Bucs draft thread already


I figured it was posted there, but I was away for the weekend, and at the very bottom of my to do list was read through a 50 page thread doing play by play of the most drawn out event in sports.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5364
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:31 pm

NYBF wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Posted this in the Bucs draft thread already


I figured it was posted there, but I was away for the weekend, and at the very bottom of my to do list was read through a 50 page thread doing play by play of the most drawn out event in sports.


So who do we think the culprit here is ?
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Teitan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:36 pm

NYBF wrote:"I wanted (Quenton) Nelson really bad, but then he went off right before us," Rogers said, referring to the former Notre Dame guard taken No. 6 overall by the Colts. "Then we traded back. James was still there and a huge position of need. I mean, we have (Chris) Conte back, and he's a huge liability in my opinion. I also think James not working out for teams hurt his stock, but I don't blame him. They have tape and combine to go off of."
.


Doctor wrote:Draft fell just shy of epic for me when we missed out on two of the top three talents one pick before. Seeing Nelson go to the Colts at 4 then Fitz to the Fins at 11 was heartbreaking.


Heartbreaking enough to, say, threaten Lichts life?! Hahahahahaha. This is hilarious. Let’s play BZ Clue!
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Teitan wrote:
NYBF wrote:"I wanted (Quenton) Nelson really bad, but then he went off right before us," Rogers said, referring to the former Notre Dame guard taken No. 6 overall by the Colts. "Then we traded back. James was still there and a huge position of need. I mean, we have (Chris) Conte back, and he's a huge liability in my opinion. I also think James not working out for teams hurt his stock, but I don't blame him. They have tape and combine to go off of."
.


Doctor wrote:Draft fell just shy of epic for me when we missed out on two of the top three talents one pick before. Seeing Nelson go to the Colts at 4 then Fitz to the Fins at 11 was heartbreaking.


Heartbreaking enough to, say, threaten Lichts life?! Hahahahahaha. This is hilarious. Let’s play BZ Clue!


I would say whoever was wanting Derwin the most was obviously the psychopath
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Nano » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:46 pm

I say we round up all the Noles fans and stick them in Timeout cages until one confesses. Don't want to risk any of our lives here by having a homicidal critic on the loose.
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:55 pm

I think we're all missing the underlying issue here.

This is Chris Conte's fault.
Image
User avatar
IchabodCrane84
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:07 pm

Think it was Sanka
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:35 pm

Nano wrote:I say we round up all the Noles fans and stick them in Timeout cages until one confesses. Don't want to risk any of our lives here by having a homicidal critic on the loose.

I say we arm the Derwin haters.




For safety
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 12003
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 592 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby sanka » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:55 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:Think it was Sanka

Fake news!
sex is a sensation, caused by temptation,a guy sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population for the next generation. Do you get my explanation or do you need a demonstration?
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3768
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Doctor » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:50 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Nano wrote:I say we round up all the Noles fans and stick them in Timeout cages until one confesses. Don't want to risk any of our lives here by having a homicidal critic on the loose.

I say we arm the Derwin haters.




For safety


I see what you did there.

Teitan wrote:I also posted it in the off season thread.


Teitan wrote:http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/04/30/bucs-looking-into-tweet-during-the-nfl-draft-threatening-general-manager-jason-licht/




Ok, who here was it? His comments about James not working out for teams not mattering because they have tape and the combine, I swear I read that exact line in the draft forum leading to draft.


Come on, own up to it! Haha



Doctor, is it you? You were upset that we missed on Nelson.


I did, but I also wasn't on the Derwin wagon. I'm glad we passed on him.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5030
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Brazen331 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:15 am

I could see Alpha doing something like this if was Twitter savvy.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby deltbucs » Tue May 01, 2018 7:32 am

Jason Bourne wrote:Think it was Sanka

Wait....Isn't that actually where Sanka lives?
NYBF wrote:But the man responsible for the Twitter post and who identified himself as Mike Rogers, 38, of Houston said he was upset with the Bucs' selections in the NFL draft this past week and meant no harm.
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 4787
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 286 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby MJW » Tue May 01, 2018 7:39 am

Caradoc wrote:Now we know MJW's real identity!


Ridiculous. I didn't even want James!
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8292
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby BucaRican » Tue May 01, 2018 8:58 am

With a name like "@LuvDemNoles22" We must hunt down anyone who has a avatar or signature representing FSU that has yet to comment on this.
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Bucs looking into tweet during draft threatening GM

Postby Brazen331 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:52 am

Could be someone who was banned from here like TommyNoleBuc? He was the guy who was doing everybody’s mom if you remember.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times


post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], real bucs fan and 22 guests