Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Super K » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:11 pm

Holy **** you guys argue about everything...

We are keeping both Urine and Stevie T....

Because as much as both are just JAGS it is easy to see we want to roll with a deep DL rotation...

I, for one, am glad we are taking this approach...

Allen, Vea and Stevie can take snaps at NT...

GMac, Vea and Unrein can take snaps at DT...

Unrein can even take some snaps at DE...

If there is a name to look at scratching off the 53, it's Gholston...as it stands now, he will back up JPP but he offers absolutely jack **** for pass rush...essentially Unrein can give us the same thing..

I wouldn't be surprised if we cut his salary and looked for a waiver wire DE that gives us some more pass rush when JPP is out..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6889
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Super K wrote:Holy **** you guys argue about everything...

We are keeping both Urine and Stevie T....

Because as much as both are just JAGS it is easy to see we want to roll with a deep DL rotation...

I, for one, am glad we are taking this approach...

Allen, Vea and Stevie can take snaps at NT...

GMac, Vea and Unrein can take snaps at DT...

Unrein can even take some snaps at DE...

If there is a name to look at scratching off the 53, it's Gholston...as it stands now, he will back up JPP but he offers absolutely jack **** for pass rush...essentially Unrein can give us the same thing..

I wouldn't be surprised if we cut his salary and looked for a waiver wire DE that gives us some more pass rush when JPP is out..

I'd keep Gholston a million times over Stevie. What is the obsession here with Stevie? :lol:
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 7871
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby DreadNaught » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:Donald Igwebuike related to Godwin? We gotta be the only NFL team to have two players named Igwebuike 8-)

That's been confirmed, I believe.

Nephew
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12027
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby terrytate » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:18 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
terrytate wrote:

I notice when you talk age, you leave out the fact that Unrein is a 31 year old, 8 year vet with 4.5 career sacks. I am not sure why you are nuthugging a career JAG so hard but it's kind of funny.

Not sure why you're nuthugging some fat bum with zero starts, but okay.



Says the guy wanting to make bets. One guy is a career JAG, the other guys is a 7th rounder with no playing time yet. I personally don't give that much of a ****. We are talking about a our 4th and 5th DT's on a team with a platoon of DEs who can also play DT. Pump the brakes, sporty spice.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Super K » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:23 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Super K wrote:Holy **** you guys argue about everything...

We are keeping both Urine and Stevie T....

Because as much as both are just JAGS it is easy to see we want to roll with a deep DL rotation...

I, for one, am glad we are taking this approach...

Allen, Vea and Stevie can take snaps at NT...

GMac, Vea and Unrein can take snaps at DT...

Unrein can even take some snaps at DE...

If there is a name to look at scratching off the 53, it's Gholston...as it stands now, he will back up JPP but he offers absolutely jack **** for pass rush...essentially Unrein can give us the same thing..

I wouldn't be surprised if we cut his salary and looked for a waiver wire DE that gives us some more pass rush when JPP is out..

I'd keep Gholston a million times over Stevie. What is the obsession here with Stevie? :lol:


Ugh...

I can't..I just can't get caught up in the alligator death roll kind of arguments you and Bootz usually get into...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6889
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:35 pm

Super K wrote:Holy **** you guys argue about everything...

We are keeping both Urine and Stevie T....

Because as much as both are just JAGS it is easy to see we want to roll with a deep DL rotation...

I, for one, am glad we are taking this approach...

Allen, Vea and Stevie can take snaps at NT...

GMac, Vea and Unrein can take snaps at DT...

Unrein can even take some snaps at DE...

If there is a name to look at scratching off the 53, it's Gholston...as it stands now, he will back up JPP but he offers absolutely jack **** for pass rush...essentially Unrein can give us the same thing..

I wouldn't be surprised if we cut his salary and looked for a waiver wire DE that gives us some more pass rush when JPP is out..


I’m speaking mainly about next season. This season I said we’d keep Stevie T to which RBF backed himself into a corner stating that we drafted Vea because we didn’t like Stevie T. Nonsense.

2019, I think we release Unrein and keep Stevie T.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 22115
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 473 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Super K » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:42 pm

All other parts of the argument aside, it IS complete nonsense that we drafted Vea because we "didn't like Stevie T"....

Vea is not just some space eating NT...he's our new "franchise guy" on the DL...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6889
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Have to see what Stevie T does in the preseason before I agree with Bootz.

"Does he fit the mean, nasty idea Licht is on these days?"

From what I understand, Unrein is that type of guy. Is Stevie T that kind of guy?
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 12584
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 607 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:49 pm

Super K wrote:All other parts of the argument aside, it IS complete nonsense that we drafted Vea because we "didn't like Stevie T"....

Vea is not just some space eating NT...he's our new "franchise guy" on the DL...


Yep. There’s only 1 person saying as much.

Vita is much more than a space eater. There isn’t another guy like him in the league.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 22115
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 473 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Just to think it was only 2 months ago we were arguing that we only had 1 DT under contract.
Image
User avatar
IchabodCrane84
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 321 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:07 pm

terrytate wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Not sure why you're nuthugging some fat bum with zero starts, but okay.



Says the guy wanting to make bets. One guy is a career JAG, the other guys is a 7th rounder with no playing time yet. I personally don't give that much of a ****. We are talking about a our 4th and 5th DT's on a team with a platoon of DEs who can also play DT. Pump the brakes, sporty spice.

I'm dropping logic and reason and you're using 2nd grade insults. Says it all right there...
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 7871
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby theBKwhopper » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:08 pm

IchabodCrane84 wrote:Just to think it was only 2 months ago we were arguing that we only had 1 DT under contract.

Goes to show you what can happen if you just give it time.
User avatar
theBKwhopper
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:39 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby terrytate » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Super K wrote:All other parts of the argument aside, it IS complete nonsense that we drafted Vea because we "didn't like Stevie T"....

Vea is not just some space eating NT...he's our new "franchise guy" on the DL...


Yep. There’s only 1 person saying as much.

Vita is much more than a space eater. There isn’t another guy like him in the league.


I can't think of many other prospects who came in at that size with his athleticism. Poe was pretty close, as was Ngata. He's going to be a fairly unique asset for our line.

I mostly got into this bullshit pissing match with RBF because the trend of us going big at DT. Baker, Siliga, Stevie T, Allen, all 330 and up, with Siliga and Vea being in the 350 area. Only Unrein is a relatively light 300ish pounds. He's clearly not meant to be a backup to McCoy, with his career 4.5 sacks in 8 years. He would seem to be the odd man but his contract has guaranteed money.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Doctor » Tue May 01, 2018 7:47 pm

terrytate wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yea Vita was the best outcome at 12 in hindsight. The DTs taken in the 2nd and 3rd are nice players but not really ready to make the impact Vita will. Hurst was still someone I wanted but I think it's fairly obvious now that Jason Licht and the OBP staff and coaches are moving away from the smaller, 1 gap linemen we've all grown accustom to around here.

I'm not really sold on Whitehead, but I agree with you that he will make the team. I know nothing about Igwebuike other than you guys like him.



I am not so certain they are completely discounting the McCoy style of 1 gap dlinemen. I think it's just a case of them signing a decent vet not knowing they were going to be able to draft an elite rookie to do the same job. Vea is also a rare case of a 350 pound guy with the moves to play 1 gap rusher in spite of his size.

In hindsight, I am slowing agreeing about James. He is a similar or slightly superior prospect to Vea and a position of greater need but we were not going to find the later round dlinemen with the same level of talent as the DBs we drafted, with the exception of Hurst who was a special case. There was no one else like Vea in this draft.

I wonder if we are done in free agency. Eric Reid and Kenny Vaccaro are out there still.

DK- "There are still plenty of good safeties out there."
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5066
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby MJW » Tue May 01, 2018 10:42 pm

terrytate wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yep. There’s only 1 person saying as much.

Vita is much more than a space eater. There isn’t another guy like him in the league.


I can't think of many other prospects who came in at that size with his athleticism. Poe was pretty close, as was Ngata. He's going to be a fairly unique asset for our line.

I mostly got into this bullshit pissing match with RBF because the trend of us going big at DT. Baker, Siliga, Stevie T, Allen, all 330 and up, with Siliga and Vea being in the 350 area. Only Unrein is a relatively light 300ish pounds. He's clearly not meant to be a backup to McCoy, with his career 4.5 sacks in 8 years. He would seem to be the odd man but his contract has guaranteed money.


I wish we'd added Hurst or Rocky McIntosh on day three.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8432
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 370 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Four Verticals » Tue May 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Super K wrote:
If there is a name to look at scratching off the 53, it's Gholston...as it stands now, he will back up JPP but he offers absolutely jack **** for pass rush...essentially Unrein can give us the same thing..

I wouldn't be surprised if we cut his salary and looked for a waiver wire DE that gives us some more pass rush when JPP is out..


Bucs can cut the player but not the salary. $6.5 mil guaranteed for Gholston this season. If he's cut he gets paid and the Bucs get zero cap relief.

Not happenin'
Four Verticals
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby MJW » Tue May 01, 2018 10:46 pm

Four Verticals wrote:
Super K wrote:
If there is a name to look at scratching off the 53, it's Gholston...as it stands now, he will back up JPP but he offers absolutely jack **** for pass rush...essentially Unrein can give us the same thing..

I wouldn't be surprised if we cut his salary and looked for a waiver wire DE that gives us some more pass rush when JPP is out..


Bucs can cut the player but not the salary. $6.5 mil guaranteed for Gholston this season. If he's cut he gets paid and the Bucs get zero cap relief.

Not happenin'


This is true. Next year (2019) we could cut him with no penalty. This year, unless he's a complete waste of a 53, he'll be a Buc.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8432
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 370 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Super K » Wed May 02, 2018 8:18 am

Four Verticals wrote:
Super K wrote:
If there is a name to look at scratching off the 53, it's Gholston...as it stands now, he will back up JPP but he offers absolutely jack **** for pass rush...essentially Unrein can give us the same thing..

I wouldn't be surprised if we cut his salary and looked for a waiver wire DE that gives us some more pass rush when JPP is out..


Bucs can cut the player but not the salary. $6.5 mil guaranteed for Gholston this season. If he's cut he gets paid and the Bucs get zero cap relief.

Not happenin'


Huh...my bad, appreciate the info

Dunno if my thought process got mixed up with next year, or was there a point this offseason where we could've cut him with no penalty?
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6889
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Nano » Wed May 02, 2018 9:56 am

His salary this season became guaranteed on March 18th
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7182
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Ken Carson » Thu May 03, 2018 7:25 am

I think it’s an open secret that Gholston is playing for his 2019 job this season. Hopefully that means we get the best out of him and it makes the decision difficult.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3082
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby DreadNaught » Thu May 03, 2018 8:06 am

Ken Carson wrote:I think it’s an open secret that Gholston is playing for his 2019 job this season. Hopefully that means we get the best out of him and it makes the decision difficult.


Lots of guys playing for contracts this year for the Bucs between those on the final year of their contracts to others that are potential cap casualties next offseason due to their cap # and no guarantees left on their contract.

Marpet
Kwon
Donovan Smith
Hump

Gholston
DJax
Allen
Unrein
JPP
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12027
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 03, 2018 8:25 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:Donald Igwebuike related to Godwin? We gotta be the only NFL team to have two players named Igwebuike 8-)

That's been confirmed, I believe.


Yep think it’s Donald’s nephew or something
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3934
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby MJW » Thu May 03, 2018 8:27 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:That's been confirmed, I believe.


Yep think it’s Donald’s nephew or something


I think 2nd cousin, but he calls him Uncle? Something like that. But sure. It's a nice story, provided you don't remember how terrible Donald was. He made Roberto Aguayo look like Morten Andersen after drinking super soldier serum.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8432
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 370 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:04 am

MJW wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Yep think it’s Donald’s nephew or something


I think 2nd cousin, but he calls him Uncle? Something like that. But sure. It's a nice story, provided you don't remember how terrible Donald was. He made Roberto Aguayo look like Morten Andersen after drinking super soldier serum.

Yeah. He was money inside 40 yards. After than, ouch! Not sure how he lasted 5 years.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 883 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu May 03, 2018 9:12 am

Buc2 wrote:
MJW wrote:
I think 2nd cousin, but he calls him Uncle? Something like that. But sure. It's a nice story, provided you don't remember how terrible Donald was. He made Roberto Aguayo look like Morten Andersen after drinking super soldier serum.

Yeah. He was money inside 40 yards. After than, ouch! Not sure how he lasted 5 years.


No one was watching the games.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 7576
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby DreadNaught » Thu May 03, 2018 1:22 pm

This is wayyyy too early, but I enjoy the predictions so decided to take a stab.

Only two QBs this year on the 53, we'll stash Ausin Allen on the PS.
All the rookies except the LB (Cinchy) we took in round 6 make the 53.
We'll stash Cinchy on IR like we did w/ Stevie T last year.
Every year we have at least one UDFA that make the team, so I'll go w/ DE Antonio Simmons and Safety Godwin Igwebuike
No Devante Bond - surprise cut (somewhat)

Offense (24)
QB (2): Winston - Fitzpatrick
RB (4): Jones - Barber - Quizz - Sims
WR (6): Evans - DJax - Hump - Godwin - Wilson - Watson
TE (4): Howard - Brate - Auclair - Cross
Oline (8): D. Smith - Marpet - Jensen - Sweezy - Dotson - E. Smith - Benenoch - Cappa

Defense (26)
Dline (9): Curry - McCoy - Vea - JPP - Spence - Gholston - Allen - Unrein - Simmons
LB (6): LVD - Kwon - Beckwith - Taylor - Knox - Bullough (Cinchy on IR/PS)
CB (6): Grimes - Smith - Davis - VH3 - Stewart - Elliott
Safety (5): Evans - Conte - Tandy - Whitehead - Igwebuike

Kicker
Punter
Long Snapper
Last edited by DreadNaught on Thu May 03, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12027
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:39 pm

We didn't stash Stevie T on IR. He got injured late in TC and subsequently put on IR. Cichy should be good to go by TC. Why would we prematurely him on IR?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 22115
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 473 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Teitan » Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 pm

It’s pretty neat that most of our roster is set. In years past, we play this ‘guess the 53’ game because there are so many question marks all over the roster. The only thing to really figure out this year is how the secondary shakes out and if RoJo takes the job.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby DreadNaught » Thu May 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:We didn't stash Stevie T on IR. He got injured late in TC and subsequently put on IR. Cichy should be good to go by TC. Why would we prematurely him on IR?


By putting a young player on IR you can treat it as a 'redshirt' year and prevent another team from scooping them up off waivers or your PS.

If Cinchy is healthy and has a good TC/preseason and deserves to make the 53 it's a moot point. But Bucs have some decent LB depth already so my thoughts were that if Cinchy is still "recovering" from his knee injury we could use the IR designation on him and just redshirt him so he can get back 100% for 2019 while learning the defense this year from the meeting rooms.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12027
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Teitan wrote:It’s pretty neat that most of our roster is set. In years past, we play this ‘guess the 53’ game because there are so many question marks all over the roster. The only thing to really figure out this year is how the secondary shakes out and if RoJo takes the job.


As has been the case in recent years also rookies will have to earn their way onto the field. None of them are guaranteed a starting spot right now.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 22115
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 473 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Naismith, Nano, PetePierson, Teitan and 21 guests