Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:39 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:With Bobo Wilson reportedly looking real good, the battle between him and Watson for #5 receiver should be interesting this August. I also think, as I've been saying all offseason, the door is wide open for a Hump trade.


Nobody is trading for Hump. We have no reason to trade him either. Watson hasn’t done anything to warrant giving away Hump and handing him a spot.



Bootz, who is the best pass catcher on our team?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:49 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Nobody is trading for Hump. We have no reason to trade him either. Watson hasn’t done anything to warrant giving away Hump and handing him a spot.



Bootz, who is the best pass catcher on our team?


DeSean Jackson.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23266
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:12 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

Bootz, who is the best pass catcher on our team?


DeSean Jackson.


Let me just say, I put a high value on catch rate, very high.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:43 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
DeSean Jackson.


Let me just say, I put a high value on catch rate, very high.


Mike Evans catches much higher than DJax.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 8067
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:06 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:
Let me just say, I put a high value on catch rate, very high.


Mike Evans catches much higher than DJax.





Last year: catch rate %

Evans 52
Brate 62
Hump 73
Godwin 62
DJ 56
Howard 67
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:19 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
Mike Evans catches much higher than DJax.





Last year: catch rate %

Evans 52
Brate 62
Hump 73
Godwin 62
DJ 56
Howard 67


So do you want to know who's the best at catching passes or the best rate? What exactly are you asking?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23266
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Nano » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Reddit thinks we're going to have a top 5 pick next year :|
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Nano wrote:Reddit thinks we're going to have a top 5 pick next year :|


We will after we trade Kwon Alexander to the Giants after the preseason for their 1st and the Giants go 3-13.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23266
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:



Last year: catch rate %

Evans 52
Brate 62
Hump 73
Godwin 62
DJ 56
Howard 67


So do you want to know who's the best at catching passes or the best rate? What exactly are you asking?


I queried your opinion one time on the matter. The rest was facts for PM.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby acmillis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Nano wrote:Reddit thinks we're going to have a top 5 pick next year :|


We will after we trade Kwon Alexander to the Giants after the preseason for their 1st and the Giants go 3-13.

A 1st for a non-rushing LB...Shooz is on that good good
acmillis
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:44 pm

acmillis wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
We will after we trade Kwon Alexander to the Giants after the preseason for their 1st and the Giants go 3-13.

A 1st for a non-rushing LB...Shooz is on that good good


Yea because no team spends 1st round picks on non rushing LBs...Oh and Jarrad Davis, Leighton Vander Ersh, Hasaan Riddick, Roquan Smith, and Tremaine Edmonds all say hi kyddo.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23266
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby acmillis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
acmillis wrote:A 1st for a non-rushing LB...Shooz is on that good good


Yea because no team spends 1st round picks on non rushing LBs...Oh and Jarrad Davis, Leighton Vander Ersh, Hasaan Riddick, Roquan Smith, and Tremaine Edmonds all say hi kyddo.

Oh.... okay, cuz trading for a known commodity is the same as drafting an unknown?

You tell me who would trade their first rounder for kwon
acmillis
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:08 pm

acmillis wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yea because no team spends 1st round picks on non rushing LBs...Oh and Jarrad Davis, Leighton Vander Ersh, Hasaan Riddick, Roquan Smith, and Tremaine Edmonds all say hi kyddo.

Oh.... okay, cuz trading for a known commodity is the same as drafting an unknown?

You tell me who would trade their first rounder for kwon


I think most teams would rather have the known commodity, don't you think so?

And I just did, kyddo. The Giants.


























(I was totally being facetious with this trade proposal but I'm thoroughly enjoying mills making a fool out of himself.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23266
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby acmillis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
acmillis wrote:Oh.... okay, cuz trading for a known commodity is the same as drafting an unknown?

You tell me who would trade their first rounder for kwon


I think most teams would rather have the known commodity, don't you think so?

And I just did, kyddo. The Giants.


























(I was totally being facetious with this trade proposal but I'm thoroughly enjoying mills making a fool out of himself.

Unsurprisingly, it would be nowhere close to the dumbest stuff you have/ will post here...
acmillis
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Hit55 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:11 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:
Let me just say, I put a high value on catch rate, very high.


Mike Evans catches much higher than DJax.

I think I see what you did there.
User avatar
Hit55
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Hit55 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
Mike Evans catches much higher than DJax.

I think I see what you did there.


Image
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 8067
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:27 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Hit55 wrote:So....81 then?



You have to ignore his post, sometimes if I make his brain work to hard he stresses out. I'm carefully trying to bring him back or he may just sit on his cot drooling for a couple weeks.

That's what you think. I don't even have a cot!
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13165
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 628 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Eastwood » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:32 pm

Hit55 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
Mike Evans catches much higher than DJax.

I think I see what you did there.



lol I was wondering why it took so long for somone to catch this.
Eastwood
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:31 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:36 am

Why?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:45 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

You have to ignore his post, sometimes if I make his brain work to hard he stresses out. I'm carefully trying to bring him back or he may just sit on his cot drooling for a couple weeks.

That's what you think. I don't even have a cot!


How can you have never taken a cot home from the national guard
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:09 am

Would Justin Watson be safe on the practice squad? Who else might be? I go through this every year, who can we keep in case of emergency - like a rash of injuries. Players who are atleast in tune with the plan, I always wonder if we can convince some to hang around if they arent picked up by another team.

So often I get the vibe, coaches are thinking - if only I could have more time with these guys.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:58 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:That's what you think. I don't even have a cot!


How can you have never taken a cot home from the national guard

Hand receipts
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13165
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 628 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:00 am

mdb1958 wrote:Would Justin Watson be safe on the practice squad? Who else might be? I go through this every year, who can we keep in case of emergency - like a rash of injuries. Players who are atleast in tune with the plan, I always wonder if we can convince some to hang around if they arent picked up by another team.

So often I get the vibe, coaches are thinking - if only I could have more time with these guys.


Definitely not Jeremy McNichols.
Image
User avatar
IchabodCrane84
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 333 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:51 am

Bootz, I notice now a talking point has surfaced to get Mikey more YAC's. Thats cool and all but I want improvement of unsuccessful plays being targeted to him.

If for some magical reason everybody was gushing about Winston throwing 72%, check the ole connection rate to Mike and see if it didnt improve.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:50 am

I dont like that OJ Howard has not spoken on how he needs to not be a fumbler yet.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Updated mine to reflect Sweezy being released, Winston suspended, and observations thus far.

Final cuts are next Friday

Winston starts on the reserve/suspended list
Beckwith on short team PUP

Offense (25)
QB (2): Fitzpatrick - Griffin
RB (4): Jones - Barber - Quizz - Sims
WR (6): Evans - DJax - Hump - Godwin - Wilson - Watson
TE (4): Howard - Brate - Auclair - Cross
Oline (9): D. Smith - Marpet - Jensen - Benenoch - Dotson - E. Smith - Cappa - Wester

Defense (25)
Dline (9): Curry - McCoy - Vea - JPP - Spence - Gholston - Allen - Unrein - Clarke
LB (6): LVD - Kwon - Taylor - Lynch - Bullough - Cinchy
CB (5): Grimes - Smith - Davis - VH3 - Stewart
Safety (5): Evans - Conte - Tandy - Whitehead - Robinson

Specialists (3)
K - Catanzaro
P - Anger
LS - Ferris
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12703
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 526 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:22 pm

If I'm Koetter I'm seriously thinking about keeping Bailey or Reedy over Bobo. He hasn't done much of anything while those 2 guys have been making plays in practice and in game.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23266
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:53 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Updated mine to reflect Sweezy being released, Winston suspended, and observations thus far.

Final cuts are next Friday

Winston starts on the reserve/suspended list
Beckwith on short team PUP

Offense (25)
QB (2): Fitzpatrick - Griffin
RB (4): Jones - Barber - Quizz - Sims
WR (6): Evans - DJax - Hump - Godwin - Wilson - Watson
TE (4): Howard - Brate - Auclair - Cross
Oline (9): D. Smith - Marpet - Jensen - Benenoch - Dotson - E. Smith - Cappa - Wester

Defense (25)
Dline (9): Curry - McCoy - Vea - JPP - Spence - Gholston - Allen - Unrein - Clarke
LB (6): LVD - Kwon - Taylor - Lynch - Bullough - Cinchy
CB (5): Grimes - Smith - Davis - VH3 - Stewart
Safety (5): Evans - Conte - Tandy - Whitehead - Robinson

Specialists (3)
K - Catanzaro
P - Anger
LS - Ferris

That looks about right.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 894 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Stuart » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:56 pm

why would they dedicate an entire roster spot to a LS. serious question
Stuart
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 pm
Location: murica
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Rocker » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:If I'm Koetter I'm seriously thinking about keeping Bailey or Reedy over Bobo. He hasn't done much of anything while those 2 guys have been making plays in practice and in game.


Yup.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3749
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 199 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Deja Entendu, Google [Bot], Tampa2, viva la Reagan, Zarniwoop and 14 guests

cron