Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:35 pm

Only mini camp, but looks like alot of the young guys are performing well. Have read some good things, Godwin is starting outside with Desean in the slot, while Howard is making big play after big play. On D, looks like Carlton Davis is starting outside with Hargreaves in the slot, while Whitehead is impressing and appears to be the guy most likely to push Conte to the bench.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8130
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 894 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby MJW » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:09 am

With Bobo Wilson reportedly looking real good, the battle between him and Watson for #5 receiver should be interesting this August. I also think, as I've been saying all offseason, the door is wide open for a Hump trade.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8678
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:03 am

MJW wrote:With Bobo Wilson reportedly looking real good, the battle between him and Watson for #5 receiver should be interesting this August. I also think, as I've been saying all offseason, the door is wide open for a Hump trade.


Nobody is trading for Hump. We have no reason to trade him either. Watson hasn’t done anything to warrant giving away Hump and handing him a spot.
Last edited by Bootz2004 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23570
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 504 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:04 am

MJW wrote:With Bobo Wilson reportedly looking real good, the battle between him and Watson for #5 receiver should be interesting this August. I also think, as I've been saying all offseason, the door is wide open for a Hump trade.


Martino has looked good also, plus we resigned Bernard Reedy (who made the initial 53 last season for this team).

Watson hasn't really participated thus far due to a minor injury, so he's got his work cut out for him even if we keep 6 WRs.

2nd year pro Chris Godwin is continuing to ascend. I know Hump has value and fans like him, but imo it will be evident in TC this year that Godwin needs to be on the field in 3WR sets. Put Evans or DJax in the slot if we have to.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12782
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 528 times
Been thanked: 550 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:17 am

The Buc homepage has 36 rookie and first year players listed, how many make the team? Give me a number.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9538
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:19 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:With Bobo Wilson reportedly looking real good, the battle between him and Watson for #5 receiver should be interesting this August. I also think, as I've been saying all offseason, the door is wide open for a Hump trade.


Nobody is trading for Hump. We have no reason to trade him either. Watson hasn’t done anything to warrant giving away Hump and handing him a spot.


Double throw aways?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9538
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby MJW » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Nobody is trading for Hump. We have no reason to trade him either. Watson hasn’t done anything to warrant giving away Hump and handing him a spot.


Does he have value, or doesn't he? If he has value to us, even with the ascension of Godwin and the Howard/Brate combo, then certainly he'd have even more value for a less loaded pass-catching team. Or am I logic-ing wrong?
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8678
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby MJW » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:46 am

mdb1958 wrote:The Buc homepage has 36 rookie and first year players listed, how many make the team? Give me a number.


It's tough to see more than 9 or 10 right now. We had 8 picks. You have to think 6 are mortal locks to make the 53, with Watson and Cichy maybe being better fits for the PS at this point. I'll say we see 3 more guys make the roster, and I'll say it'll be guys at running back (Shaun Wilson), safety (Igwebuke), and tight end/fullback. Maybe Donnie Ernsberger. So, 9.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8678
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:52 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Nobody is trading for Hump. We have no reason to trade him either. Watson hasn’t done anything to warrant giving away Hump and handing him a spot.


Does he have value, or doesn't he? If he has value to us, even with the ascension of Godwin and the Howard/Brate combo, then certainly he'd have even more value for a less loaded pass-catching team. Or am I logic-ing wrong?


Think about it this way. Would you send a draft pick for a 4th WR with a limited skills set and in his contract year?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23570
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 504 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:08 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:
Does he have value, or doesn't he? If he has value to us, even with the ascension of Godwin and the Howard/Brate combo, then certainly he'd have even more value for a less loaded pass-catching team. Or am I logic-ing wrong?


Think about it this way. Would you send a draft pick for a 4th WR with a limited skills set and in his contract year?


The Bucs would not make that trade. Someone else who is desperate for receiving talent would definitely be in that market.

Over the past two seasons, Hump has averaged 58 catches for over 600 yards as the number three receiver for our team. That's not nothing.

For a look at desperate teams, let's look at the bottom five passing offenses in the NFL last year, and how Hump's average over the past two years would have stacked up.

Hump would have led the Bears and Bills in receiving last year. He would have been the number two receiver for the Colts, Ravens, and Panthers.

How striking.

Now, would a team in need of a receiver, such as one of those five, trade a midround selection for our nominal number three guy? I would think so. At the very least, the Bucs would be fools not to listen to an offer.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:39 am

Cheb wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Think about it this way. Would you send a draft pick for a 4th WR with a limited skills set and in his contract year?


The Bucs would not make that trade. Someone else who is desperate for receiving talent would definitely be in that market.

Over the past two seasons, Hump has averaged 58 catches for over 600 yards as the number three receiver for our team. That's not nothing.

For a look at desperate teams, let's look at the bottom five passing offenses in the NFL last year, and how Hump's average over the past two years would have stacked up.

Hump would have led the Bears and Bills in receiving last year. He would have been the number two receiver for the Colts, Ravens, and Panthers.

How striking.

Now, would a team in need of a receiver, such as one of those five, trade a midround selection for our nominal number three guy? I would think so. At the very least, the Bucs would be fools not to listen to an offer.


Tell me, which of those offenses you mentioned passed the ball as much as the Bucs? Truth be told not 1 of those offenses utilized a ton of spread formations in the way the Bucs do. As such, to suggest Hump would have equal production in an entirely different offense with a different QB and playcaller is naive at best. Cheb you're better than this(I think).
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23570
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 504 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:21 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Cheb wrote:
The Bucs would not make that trade. Someone else who is desperate for receiving talent would definitely be in that market.

Over the past two seasons, Hump has averaged 58 catches for over 600 yards as the number three receiver for our team. That's not nothing.

For a look at desperate teams, let's look at the bottom five passing offenses in the NFL last year, and how Hump's average over the past two years would have stacked up.

Hump would have led the Bears and Bills in receiving last year. He would have been the number two receiver for the Colts, Ravens, and Panthers.

How striking.

Now, would a team in need of a receiver, such as one of those five, trade a midround selection for our nominal number three guy? I would think so. At the very least, the Bucs would be fools not to listen to an offer.


Tell me, which of those offenses you mentioned passed the ball as much as the Bucs? Truth be told not 1 of those offenses utilized a ton of spread formations in the way the Bucs do. As such, to suggest Hump would have equal production in an entirely different offense with a different QB and playcaller is naive at best. Cheb you're better than this(I think).


So because the Bucs have more pass attempts than the worst passing offenses in the NFL, Humphries isn't a viable trade candidate?

You may as well put your goalposts on wheels. It'll make them easier to move in future. Less strain on your back.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:28 am

MJW wrote:With Bobo Wilson reportedly looking real good, the battle between him and Watson for #5 receiver should be interesting this August. I also think, as I've been saying all offseason, the door is wide open for a Hump trade.

I'm a Bobo believer, so am not surprised. he just needs to keep his head on straight, but he could be the #3 behind Evans/Godwin if/when we move on from Jackson/Hump.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8130
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 894 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 am

Cheb wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Tell me, which of those offenses you mentioned passed the ball as much as the Bucs? Truth be told not 1 of those offenses utilized a ton of spread formations in the way the Bucs do. As such, to suggest Hump would have equal production in an entirely different offense with a different QB and playcaller is naive at best. Cheb you're better than this(I think).


So because the Bucs have more pass attempts than the worst passing offenses in the NFL, Humphries isn't a viable trade candidate?

You may as well put your goalposts on wheels. It'll make them easier to move in future. Less strain on your back.


Looks like you're not better than that. No, see the production you mentioned from Hump is tied to the offensive system he's in, is it not. Or are you suggesting he would have had the exact same production in an entirely different offense with a different QB?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23570
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 504 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:55 am

Since Hump won't be traded, Bootz can and will declare victory. Gotta love the message boards.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11060
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 923 times
Been thanked: 385 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:15 am

I don't believe Hump will be traded. But I do think his targets, and thus production will be reduced this year due to Chris Godwin.

Fwiw, I'm not comparing Hump to Godwin in terms of skillset or even saying Godwin is better slot WR option. I'm stating that Godwin is damn good player and that will demand he get more snaps and targets. As a consequence I see Humps snaps/targets being most effected.

I feel really good about the top 4 WRs. DJax will be need a rest here and there due to the nature of the (deeper) routes he runs, so Godwin will certainly get snaps there as a spells Djax and Evans in 2WR sets. But even in 3WR sets I think we'll see Hump less than the past couple years where he's been the primary slot/3WR in those sets.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 12782
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 528 times
Been thanked: 550 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:30 am

mdb1958 wrote:The Buc homepage has 36 rookie and first year players listed, how many make the team? Give me a number.

87
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13260
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 634 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Deuce » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:32 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Cheb wrote:
So because the Bucs have more pass attempts than the worst passing offenses in the NFL, Humphries isn't a viable trade candidate?

You may as well put your goalposts on wheels. It'll make them easier to move in future. Less strain on your back.


Looks like you're not better than that. No, see the production you mentioned from Hump is tied to the offensive system he's in, is it not. Or are you suggesting he would have had the exact same production in an entirely different offense with a different QB?


Gotta agree with bootz here. You can't just say "Hump would have led the Bills in receiving last year." Totally different offenses and QBs. Plus there were injuries, like Zay Jones. You wouldn't want Hump over him, would you? Those teams have also had free agency and the draft to fill those holes.

I like him but there isn't going to be a market. Small, shifty white guys with decent hands are a dime a dozen nowadays. If we could trade him, we'd get like a 6th at most. Or maybe we could trade him and a 5th for a 4th or something.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 am

It doesn't have to be Humph. the Bucs have a real nice stable that other teams would look at if they needed to trade for a guy.

If somebody's #1 or #2 goes down, I'd expect the phone to ring at OBP for just about anybody but Evans.

I would not be shocked of a deal is done for DeSean Jackson in September-October.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13260
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 634 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:40 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:It doesn't have to be Humph. the Bucs have a real nice stable that other teams would look at if they needed to trade for a guy.

If somebody's #1 or #2 goes down, I'd expect the phone to ring at OBP for just about anybody but Evans.

I would not be shocked of a deal is done for DeSean Jackson in September-October.


We should be able to get a 3rd for BObo, I mean he is a Seminole.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9538
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:43 am

MJW wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:The Buc homepage has 36 rookie and first year players listed, how many make the team? Give me a number.


It's tough to see more than 9 or 10 right now. We had 8 picks. You have to think 6 are mortal locks to make the 53, with Watson and Cichy maybe being better fits for the PS at this point. I'll say we see 3 more guys make the roster, and I'll say it'll be guys at running back (Shaun Wilson), safety (Igwebuke), and tight end/fullback. Maybe Donnie Ernsberger. So, 9.



I would say that is where the "were always looking to get better" guys come from. So often promise gets shot down by experience.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9538
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Cheb wrote:
So because the Bucs have more pass attempts than the worst passing offenses in the NFL, Humphries isn't a viable trade candidate?

You may as well put your goalposts on wheels. It'll make them easier to move in future. Less strain on your back.


Looks like you're not better than that. No, see the production you mentioned from Hump is tied to the offensive system he's in, is it not. Or are you suggesting he would have had the exact same production in an entirely different offense with a different QB?


I'm suggesting that he would offer an upgrade for at least the five worst passing offenses in the NFL, the very kinds of teams who could use an upgrade at receiver. I stated correctly that he would have either led those teams in receiving or been second on their team. As always, you change the topic to what suits your argument the most. In this case, that because the Bucs have a skewed run/pass ratio, none of that matters.

Okay, fine. We'll do it your way. Since it's hard to objectively look at systems, let's go with total pass attempts. The Bucs had a ton, so looking at similar teams with high attempts should be a decent if imperfect barometer for system.

A note on system. Do the teams with bad passing offenses run the ball more because they cannot pass it well, or do they choose to run the ball because they feel it's the best way to win? Difficult to say. Unless you're in the offensive meeting rooms of the top five bottom NFL passing offenses, you can't say either.

In order, the teams that led the NFL in pass attempts last year are the Giants, 49ers, Bucs, Dolphins, and Cardinals. Obviously we will exclude the Bucs here, because we couldn't trade him to ourselves. If Hump were on the Giants last year, he would have led their team in catches, and third in total receiving yards. If Hump were on the 49ers, he would have led their team in catches and been second in receiving yards. With the Dolphins he'd be a fifth wheel. For the Cardinals, he would have been their number two guy in both yards and catches.

So Hump would have done well in a similar pass-heavy offense, being an obvious upgrade for 75% of the teams in the top five (excluding ourselves from this equation of course). That would justify him being a tradeworthy asset, no?

But that doesn't matter, because the Bucs have a different quarterback and a different system, right? What precisely do you want me to say to that? You're wanting an objective answer to a subjective question. I can't provide that; no one can. Might as well declare victory over an impossible condition. Typical low-brow nonsense. My six year old nephew makes better arguments.

Keep on Bootzing, kid.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:45 am

Well done
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 8277
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:11 am

Cheb wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Looks like you're not better than that. No, see the production you mentioned from Hump is tied to the offensive system he's in, is it not. Or are you suggesting he would have had the exact same production in an entirely different offense with a different QB?


I'm suggesting that he would offer an upgrade for at least the five worst passing offenses in the NFL, the very kinds of teams who could use an upgrade at receiver. I stated correctly that he would have either led those teams in receiving or been second on their team. As always, you change the topic to what suits your argument the most. In this case, that because the Bucs have a skewed run/pass ratio, none of that matters.

Okay, fine. We'll do it your way. Since it's hard to objectively look at systems, let's go with total pass attempts. The Bucs had a ton, so looking at similar teams with high attempts should be a decent if imperfect barometer for system.

A note on system. Do the teams with bad passing offenses run the ball more because they cannot pass it well, or do they choose to run the ball because they feel it's the best way to win? Difficult to say. Unless you're in the offensive meeting rooms of the top five bottom NFL passing offenses, you can't say either.

In order, the teams that led the NFL in pass attempts last year are the Giants, 49ers, Bucs, Dolphins, and Cardinals. Obviously we will exclude the Bucs here, because we couldn't trade him to ourselves. If Hump were on the Giants last year, he would have led their team in catches, and third in total receiving yards. If Hump were on the 49ers, he would have led their team in catches and been second in receiving yards. With the Dolphins he'd be a fifth wheel. For the Cardinals, he would have been their number two guy in both yards and catches.

So Hump would have done well in a similar pass-heavy offense, being an obvious upgrade for 75% of the teams in the top five (excluding ourselves from this equation of course). That would justify him being a tradeworthy asset, no?

But that doesn't matter, because the Bucs have a different quarterback and a different system, right? What precisely do you want me to say to that? You're wanting an objective answer to a subjective question. I can't provide that; no one can. Might as well declare victory over an impossible condition. Typical low-brow nonsense. My six year old nephew makes better arguments.

Keep on Bootzing, kid.


Never thought I'd see the day you go full retard, kyddo. You believe in your mind that Hump would put up equal production on a different team. As if all circumstances are created equally in different places. Would he be utilized in the same way on those other teams? Yes you say? Show me. No you say? Then you've proven my point. The world isn't linear like most of you believe it is. If it were Desean Jackson would've averaged his usual 17 ypc, had over 1000 yards on 55-60 catches. Players would get the same numbers every year. I assumed you of all people would be smart enough to comprehend that simple fact. Guess I gave you too much credit.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23570
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 504 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:28 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Cheb wrote:
I'm suggesting that he would offer an upgrade for at least the five worst passing offenses in the NFL, the very kinds of teams who could use an upgrade at receiver. I stated correctly that he would have either led those teams in receiving or been second on their team. As always, you change the topic to what suits your argument the most. In this case, that because the Bucs have a skewed run/pass ratio, none of that matters.

Okay, fine. We'll do it your way. Since it's hard to objectively look at systems, let's go with total pass attempts. The Bucs had a ton, so looking at similar teams with high attempts should be a decent if imperfect barometer for system.

A note on system. Do the teams with bad passing offenses run the ball more because they cannot pass it well, or do they choose to run the ball because they feel it's the best way to win? Difficult to say. Unless you're in the offensive meeting rooms of the top five bottom NFL passing offenses, you can't say either.

In order, the teams that led the NFL in pass attempts last year are the Giants, 49ers, Bucs, Dolphins, and Cardinals. Obviously we will exclude the Bucs here, because we couldn't trade him to ourselves. If Hump were on the Giants last year, he would have led their team in catches, and third in total receiving yards. If Hump were on the 49ers, he would have led their team in catches and been second in receiving yards. With the Dolphins he'd be a fifth wheel. For the Cardinals, he would have been their number two guy in both yards and catches.

So Hump would have done well in a similar pass-heavy offense, being an obvious upgrade for 75% of the teams in the top five (excluding ourselves from this equation of course). That would justify him being a tradeworthy asset, no?

But that doesn't matter, because the Bucs have a different quarterback and a different system, right? What precisely do you want me to say to that? You're wanting an objective answer to a subjective question. I can't provide that; no one can. Might as well declare victory over an impossible condition. Typical low-brow nonsense. My six year old nephew makes better arguments.

Keep on Bootzing, kid.


Never thought I'd see the day you go full retard, kyddo. You believe in your mind that Hump would put up equal production on a different team. As if all circumstances are created equally in different places. Would he be utilized in the same way on those other teams? Yes you say? Show me. No you say? Then you've proven my point. The world isn't linear like most of you believe it is. If it were Desean Jackson would've averaged his usual 17 ypc, had over 1000 yards on 55-60 catches. Players would get the same numbers every year. I assumed you of all people would be smart enough to comprehend that simple fact. Guess I gave you too much credit.


bro just take the L
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 3018
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 364 times
Been thanked: 236 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:44 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Cheb wrote:
I'm suggesting that he would offer an upgrade for at least the five worst passing offenses in the NFL, the very kinds of teams who could use an upgrade at receiver. I stated correctly that he would have either led those teams in receiving or been second on their team. As always, you change the topic to what suits your argument the most. In this case, that because the Bucs have a skewed run/pass ratio, none of that matters.

Okay, fine. We'll do it your way. Since it's hard to objectively look at systems, let's go with total pass attempts. The Bucs had a ton, so looking at similar teams with high attempts should be a decent if imperfect barometer for system.

A note on system. Do the teams with bad passing offenses run the ball more because they cannot pass it well, or do they choose to run the ball because they feel it's the best way to win? Difficult to say. Unless you're in the offensive meeting rooms of the top five bottom NFL passing offenses, you can't say either.

In order, the teams that led the NFL in pass attempts last year are the Giants, 49ers, Bucs, Dolphins, and Cardinals. Obviously we will exclude the Bucs here, because we couldn't trade him to ourselves. If Hump were on the Giants last year, he would have led their team in catches, and third in total receiving yards. If Hump were on the 49ers, he would have led their team in catches and been second in receiving yards. With the Dolphins he'd be a fifth wheel. For the Cardinals, he would have been their number two guy in both yards and catches.

So Hump would have done well in a similar pass-heavy offense, being an obvious upgrade for 75% of the teams in the top five (excluding ourselves from this equation of course). That would justify him being a tradeworthy asset, no?

But that doesn't matter, because the Bucs have a different quarterback and a different system, right? What precisely do you want me to say to that? You're wanting an objective answer to a subjective question. I can't provide that; no one can. Might as well declare victory over an impossible condition. Typical low-brow nonsense. My six year old nephew makes better arguments.

Keep on Bootzing, kid.


Never thought I'd see the day you go full retard, kyddo. You believe in your mind that Hump would put up equal production on a different team. As if all circumstances are created equally in different places. Would he be utilized in the same way on those other teams? Yes you say? Show me. No you say? Then you've proven my point. The world isn't linear like most of you believe it is. If it were Desean Jackson would've averaged his usual 17 ypc, had over 1000 yards on 55-60 catches. Players would get the same numbers every year. I assumed you of all people would be smart enough to comprehend that simple fact. Guess I gave you too much credit.


I've already responded to your predictable retort. I'll quote it for you. Hell, I'll bold it so it's easier to read. I'll underline the super important part, to focus your attention.

But that doesn't matter, because the Bucs have a different quarterback and a different system, right? What precisely do you want me to say to that? You're wanting an objective answer to a subjective question. I can't provide that; no one can. Might as well declare victory over an impossible condition.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:31 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Never thought I'd see the day you go full retard, kyddo. You believe in your mind that Hump would put up equal production on a different team. As if all circumstances are created equally in different places. Would he be utilized in the same way on those other teams? Yes you say? Show me. No you say? Then you've proven my point. The world isn't linear like most of you believe it is. If it were Desean Jackson would've averaged his usual 17 ypc, had over 1000 yards on 55-60 catches. Players would get the same numbers every year. I assumed you of all people would be smart enough to comprehend that simple fact. Guess I gave you too much credit.


bro just take the L


You know that’s not going to happen so sit back and enjoy.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 8277
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:The Buc homepage has 36 rookie and first year players listed, how many make the team? Give me a number.

87




We have 15 players on the defensive line, only 6 are eligible for the practice squad.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9538
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby Hit55 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:29 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:87




We have 15 players on the defensive line, only 6 are eligible for the practice squad.

So....81 then?
User avatar
Hit55
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Buccaneers Road to the Final 53 Thread, 2018 Edition

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:09 am

Hit55 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:


We have 15 players on the defensive line, only 6 are eligible for the practice squad.

So....81 then?



You have to ignore his post, sometimes if I make his brain work to hard he stresses out. I'm carefully trying to bring him back or he may just sit on his cot drooling for a couple weeks.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9538
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 89 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acmillis, Baidu [Spider], BayAreaBucFan25, Bootz2004, Buc2, BUCCABEER, Buccs99, Cheb, ComingThisFall, Deja Entendu, doooshnzl, Ken Carson, PrimeMinister, real bucs fan, RedLeader, Rocker, SIBucsFan, snarler, Super K, viva la Reagan, Zarniwoop and 25 guests