Welcome Alex Cappa

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Caradoc » Wed May 02, 2018 6:02 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Caradoc wrote:
I'm going to take issue with this sentence. Not because of the Sweezy part, but because of the implied swipe at DJax. While he may not be here in 2019, implying he didn't show enough in 2017 is pure BS. He did everything we could ask him for (except throw some TD's to himself, but hey, he's no Marcus Mariota). It wasn't his fault Winston can't hit the broad side of a barn past 30 yards.


Djax didn't show enough in 2017 to where that same production in 2018 would warrant bringing him back for a 3rd season in 2019 at $11m.

I don't view that as a controversial take or a direct swipe at Jackson necessarily.


The implication is the DJax didn't show enough. As in "he didn't get open enough or make enough plays". That is BS. The only thing we learned about DJax is that Winston is incapable of taking advantage of a playmaker like him who consistently got open downfield. DJax might not be back in 2019, but if he's not it will either be salary issue or, more likely, because of a lack on Winston's part, not his own.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Cheb » Wed May 02, 2018 7:04 pm

Super K wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:No, it is when you say really dumb stuff that get out my torch and pitchfork. Lavonte has been great since joining the team. You claime two things... that he is bad in coverage (already refuted), and that he tackles for ****. Has he missed a few tackles? Sure. Is he a poor tackler? No. He is top 30 in the league every season in tackling efficiency (tackle opportunities/tackles missed). He has been top 20 4 of 6 years. You remember him missing a few and formed an opinion.

The league keeps track of how many INT/tackles/sacks/PDs a guy makes on 3rd down that prevent a first down, called a ‘defeat.’ Guy who leads the league in defeats since 2012? Lavonte David. He has singlehandedly ended more drives than ANY DEFENDER IN THE LEAGUE in his 6 years playing for us.

So tell me again to ‘watch him.’ Clown.


So now stats and ratings are a good/great measuring stick for how a player performs....

Good to know....

Citing "tackling" stats is even better...I don't think you could've picked a more subjective quantitative measure in the damn sport...

And I didn't say he doesn't "get" a lot of tackles, I said he "tackles for ****" (so does Kwon btw)...

They leave their feet, usually have their heads down, reach instead of moving their feet, grab and roll instead of measuring up and driving backwards..

Now take the little hissy fit you're throwing about one of your mancrushes and direct it towards the thread where folks are laughing at/criticizing Gruden jamming up the Raiders (already)...


Not all tackles are pretty form tackles. Some are downright ugly. But if you required your defenders to only make form tackles, and disallowed or otherwise invalidated everything else, then your defense would allow 70 points a game. On a good day.

Sometimes you have to leave your feet. Sometimes the best you can offer is an arm tackle if the lineman in front of you is sustaining well, sometimes all you can do is clap the runner's ankles if the back put a good move on you. Submarining is a valid technique, as is a gator tackle. ****, Jim Johnson's Eagle defenses made their living by tackling ugly, "like an arrow through snow," focusing on speed over all else, and dominated the NFL for almost a decade.

You can masturbate to Butkus highlights all you want, but you need to realize that football doesn't reward points for style. If you want style points, watch figure skating.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 314 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Super K » Wed May 02, 2018 7:36 pm

Well Cheb, thank goodness you were around to tell me how many different ways there are to make a tackle... specifically from the LB spot...

Never would've learned any of those what with my Jr High/HS/College days of playing the position...

Just because you played at a higher level than most of us here and spit verbiage out there doesn't make you the ****ing Yoda of the board...

The masturbate/figure skating comments?..nice to see your pal PMI has influenced your schtick around here...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6738
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Ken Carson » Wed May 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Super K wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:No, it is when you say really dumb stuff that get out my torch and pitchfork. Lavonte has been great since joining the team. You claime two things... that he is bad in coverage (already refuted), and that he tackles for ****. Has he missed a few tackles? Sure. Is he a poor tackler? No. He is top 30 in the league every season in tackling efficiency (tackle opportunities/tackles missed). He has been top 20 4 of 6 years. You remember him missing a few and formed an opinion.

The league keeps track of how many INT/tackles/sacks/PDs a guy makes on 3rd down that prevent a first down, called a ‘defeat.’ Guy who leads the league in defeats since 2012? Lavonte David. He has singlehandedly ended more drives than ANY DEFENDER IN THE LEAGUE in his 6 years playing for us.

So tell me again to ‘watch him.’ Clown.


So now stats and ratings are a good/great measuring stick for how a player performs....

Good to know....

Citing "tackling" stats is even better...I don't think you could've picked a more subjective quantitative measure in the damn sport...

And I didn't say he doesn't "get" a lot of tackles, I said he "tackles for ****" (so does Kwon btw)...

They leave their feet, usually have their heads down, reach instead of moving their feet, grab and roll instead of measuring up and driving backwards..

Now take the little hissy fit you're throwing about one of your mancrushes and direct it towards the thread where folks are laughing at/criticizing Gruden jamming up the Raiders (already)...

Give me one piece of evidence for your claims of his ‘poor tackling.’

Also, not sure what “useless stat” you think tackling efficiency is. It is a measure of how often he tackles the guy he attempts to tackle. It’s simple really. Tackles missed/tackles attempted.

I’m just challenging your facts, or lack thereof. People can have an opinion on Gruden screwing up the Raiders if they want. Time will tell. You claiming Lavonte is bad coverage and tackling is fundamentally not true.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3017
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 169 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed May 02, 2018 8:29 pm

You're on your own here, Super K. McCoy and David are treated differently than everyone else, including Evans, because they are more consistently good/great than everyone else. People flip so much on Winston or Smith because their level of play fluctuates so much from game to game.

Just because David's tackling isn't pretty, doesn't mean it's not good. If he can consistently bring the defender down, it's good...and he does. Ken is trying to explain that with the stats. He's one of the better defenders at having success at tackling.

I'm not sure if you are just trying to be a contrarian or not, but I doubt anyone outside of a poster like AO will agree with your opinion.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Cheb » Wed May 02, 2018 8:46 pm

Super K wrote:Well Cheb, thank goodness you were around to tell me how many different ways there are to make a tackle... specifically from the LB spot...

Never would've learned any of those what with my Jr High/HS/College days of playing the position...

Just because you played at a higher level than most of us here and spit verbiage out there doesn't make you the ****ing Yoda of the board...

The masturbate/figure skating comments?..nice to see your pal PMI has influenced your schtick around here...


I've never claimed to be Yoda. I'm nothing like him. I'm way taller and have much thicker hair (for now).

It's worth noting that you didn't attack my argument, but me personally. We'll let recent retiree Ed Hochuli explain:

Image

That's lawyer speak for ya done goofed.

But whatever. You disavow LVD's basic and advanced statistics, professional accolades, and a legitimate defense of his playing style with nothing more substantial than a basic refutation.

You can say you don't like him. But until you've got something more substantial than that personal opinion, don't pretend like you have facts to back it up.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 314 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Super K » Wed May 02, 2018 9:02 pm

1. How is it I personally attacked someone after I'm told to "go masturbate" to Butkus vids?

2. I completely agree that LVD and Gmac have been our best/most consistent players on Defense..It doesn't mean that they don't struggle, have issues or lack certain skills..

3. Again, why is calling those issues out akin to wearing a ****ing Scarlet letter around here?
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6738
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed May 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Super K wrote:
Ken, seriously...take away the stats, wherever you got them, take away the "rankings"...watch him....that's all, just watch him..

He hasn't"been great" for 6 seasons...he did better in pass coverage in 2017...2015 and 2016 he was not good...

I don't understand the sacred cows around here...

D Smith has a range of top 15 OT or trash...

Our franchise QB gets applauded 1 second, torched the next and it's alluded that we may NOT resign him..

Our 4th round pick, 3 year starting MLB is now expendable because of a hurt and unproven 3rd round pick MLB from a year ago...

But critique GMac and/or LVD and here come the torches and pitchforks...

No, it is when you say really dumb stuff that get out my torch and pitchfork. Lavonte has been great since joining the team. You claime two things... that he is bad in coverage (already refuted), and that he tackles for ****. Has he missed a few tackles? Sure. Is he a poor tackler? No. He is top 30 in the league every season in tackling efficiency (tackle opportunities/tackles missed). He has been top 20 4 of 6 years. You remember him missing a few and formed an opinion.

The league keeps track of how many INT/tackles/sacks/PDs a guy makes on 3rd down that prevent a first down, called a ‘defeat.’ Guy who leads the league in defeats since 2012? Lavonte David. He has singlehandedly ended more drives than ANY DEFENDER IN THE LEAGUE in his 6 years playing for us.

So tell me again to ‘watch him.’ Clown.


Damn that is a killer stat
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed May 02, 2018 9:08 pm

Super K, you still haven’t refuted Ken’s evidence that you’re full of **** regarding David. Ken posted a damn great stat showing that with bad tackling form and all David kills more drives than any single player in the league. If that’s a BS stat then show it.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed May 02, 2018 9:08 pm

Super K wrote:1. How is it I personally attacked someone after I'm told to "go masturbate" to Butkus vids?

2. I completely agree that LVD and Gmac have been our best/most consistent players on Defense..It doesn't mean that they don't struggle, have issues or lack certain skills..

3. Again, why is calling those issues out akin to wearing a ****ing Scarlet letter around here?


I see you are stepping back for you saying that LVD can't cover or tackle. That's a huge leap from struggles at times or lacks certain skills.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed May 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Super K wrote:
All of our LBs are liabilities in pass coverage, LVD included...

Likewise,.both Kwon and LVD tackle worth **** (grabbing, diving, rolling)...

Now, David had a better year in 2017, but that followed up 2 toilet years...Kwon, on the other hand, went backwards..

Bruh, Lavonte has been great for 6 seasons.

And you say stuff like “he’s bad in coverage” with nothing more than your loudmouth opinion. In 2016, when he was in “the toilet” he allowed a reception on 1 of every 11.4 times he was in coverage, 5th fewest of all LBs with enough coverages to qualify.


For the record.

I’m genuinely curious to see your stats or facts supporting your point that LVD “is a liability in coverage” and that LVD “tackles worth ****”.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Ken Carson » Wed May 02, 2018 10:04 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Super K, you still haven’t refuted Ken’s evidence that you’re full of **** regarding David. Ken posted a damn great stat showing that with bad tackling form and all David kills more drives than any single player in the league. If that’s a BS stat then show it.

You missed where he said he played LB in junior high. He ”knows.”
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3017
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 169 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby MJW » Wed May 02, 2018 10:56 pm

Seems like much with McCoy and Sapp, LVD pays the price for playing a legend's spot on our defense. LVD is one of the best weakside linebackers in the NFL and has been for a half-decade.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8292
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Super K » Thu May 03, 2018 5:47 am

PrimeMinister wrote:Super K, you still haven’t refuted Ken’s evidence that you’re full of **** regarding David. Ken posted a damn great stat showing that with bad tackling form and all David kills more drives than any single player in the league. If that’s a BS stat then show it.


I don't have it..got nothing..

If stats/empirical info is the needed ammo to win this argument, then I will take the big ol' L and concede to Ken...

That being said...also based on advanced stats, OJ Howard had the worst year of any rookie and much improvement is needed so so he doesn't bust...

And I, and Sanka, anxiously await JWs assension to the top of the class with Gmac and LVD...at some point this year he will hold every damn statistical record for us as a QB,this his game will be above criticism...

But to recap..No stats to back up my claim... put the L on my books
...Ken wins..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6738
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby mdb1958 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:58 am

Individual stats suck when you realize Gerald/no ring - Steven Means/ring!
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8908
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Ken Carson » Thu May 03, 2018 7:08 am

Super K wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:Super K, you still haven’t refuted Ken’s evidence that you’re full of **** regarding David. Ken posted a damn great stat showing that with bad tackling form and all David kills more drives than any single player in the league. If that’s a BS stat then show it.


I don't have it..got nothing..

If stats/empirical info is the needed ammo to win this argument, then I will take the big ol' L and concede to Ken...

That being said...also based on advanced stats, OJ Howard had the worst year of any rookie and much improvement is needed so so he doesn't bust...

And I, and Sanka, anxiously await JWs assension to the top of the class with Gmac and LVD...at some point this year he will hold every damn statistical record for us as a QB,this his game will be above criticism...

But to recap..No stats to back up my claim... put the L on my books
...Ken wins..

You could also post videos that illustrate your point. Or photos. Or concede that you saying LVD had multiple toilet seasons was ridiculous.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3017
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 169 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Super K » Thu May 03, 2018 7:27 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Super K wrote:
I don't have it..got nothing..

If stats/empirical info is the needed ammo to win this argument, then I will take the big ol' L and concede to Ken...

That being said...also based on advanced stats, OJ Howard had the worst year of any rookie and much improvement is needed so so he doesn't bust...

And I, and Sanka, anxiously await JWs assension to the top of the class with Gmac and LVD...at some point this year he will hold every damn statistical record for us as a QB,this his game will be above criticism...

But to recap..No stats to back up my claim... put the L on my books
...Ken wins..

You could also post videos that illustrate your point. Or photos. Or concede that you saying LVD had multiple toilet seasons was ridiculous.


I'm good..I already conceded the win to you above...

No reason to look up vids/pics etc..

Just like a pic is worth 1000 words, a stat is worth (x) pics/vids whatever, right?...

Your stats prove that my opinion is wrong (ridiculous, whatever word you wanna use)...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6738
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:12 am

Ya'll should just let him be magnanimous in defeat and move on.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 9903
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 843 times
Been thanked: 321 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu May 03, 2018 9:19 am

Buc2 wrote:Ya'll should just let him be magnanimous in defeat and move on.


This shouldn’t be as funny as it is.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: Welcome Alex Cappa

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu May 03, 2018 9:23 am

Super K wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:Super K, you still haven’t refuted Ken’s evidence that you’re full of **** regarding David. Ken posted a damn great stat showing that with bad tackling form and all David kills more drives than any single player in the league. If that’s a BS stat then show it.


I don't have it..got nothing..

If stats/empirical info is the needed ammo to win this argument, then I will take the big ol' L and concede to Ken...

That being said...also based on advanced stats, OJ Howard had the worst year of any rookie and much improvement is needed so so he doesn't bust...

And I, and Sanka, anxiously await JWs assension to the top of the class with Gmac and LVD...at some point this year he will hold every damn statistical record for us as a QB,this his game will be above criticism...

But to recap..No stats to back up my claim... put the L on my books
...Ken wins..


Fair enough.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Previous

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], real bucs fan, Super K and 21 guests