The Trade Back Thread

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: The Trade Back Thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:47 pm

Caradoc wrote:Manning started sliding two or three seasons before the last. Brady hasn't shown any signs of that yet.

He threw for 5500 yards and 55 TDs 2 years before his last season and 4700 and 39 TDs the year before. It was a pretty sharp cliff where all of a sudden he couldn't do it at all, but injuries played a role.
uscbucsfan

Postby theBKwhopper » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:18 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Caradoc wrote:Manning started sliding two or three seasons before the last. Brady hasn't shown any signs of that yet.

He threw for 5500 yards and 55 TDs 2 years before his last season and 4700 and 39 TDs the year before. It was a pretty sharp cliff where all of a sudden he couldn't do it at all, but injuries played a role.

Which is funny cause he finally won his second Super Bowl in his worst year. That Denver D was ridiculous.
theBKwhopper

Postby terrytate » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:25 pm

BucaRican wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I think Billy Boy will be there until he says he's done.

Belichick's success is directly linked to Brady, you think he is ready to restart with another QB? Another QB that has not been under his guidance for a couple yrs.

I think it's the other way around myself. Brady's success is directly linked to Hoodie.
terrytate

Postby NYBF » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:05 pm

You know what would be great?
NYBF

Postby MJW » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:02 pm

terrytate wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
Belichick's success is directly linked to Brady, you think he is ready to restart with another QB? Another QB that has not been under his guidance for a couple yrs.

I think it's the other way around myself. Brady's success is directly linked to Hoodie.

Their success is linked to each other, but I've never thought either guy was responsible for the other guy's success.

Belichick is maybe the greatest coach/architect in NFL history.

Brady is probably the greatest QB ever.

I don't think these things are mutually exclusive, or that one guy owes the other guy something.
MJW

Postby BucaRican » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:41 am

It's not about if Brady can still do it. It's about if he wants to go out and enjoy the rest of his life. Come on the rumors of him not coming back this yr, the whole Gronk waiting 100% for Brady's return. Book this, this will be the last year for Brady, and Gronk.
BucaRican

Postby Doctor » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 am

BucaRican wrote:It's not about if Brady can still do it. It's about if he wants to go out and enjoy the rest of his life. Come on the rumors of him not coming back this yr, the whole Gronk waiting 100% for Brady's return. Book this, this will be the last year for Brady, and Gronk.

I don't buy it for a second. They have their complaints and this may be the only way to make them look serious (like, how much can you really complain after going to yet another superbowl?). The truth is that Brady is so deep in setting up his TB12 dynasty post football, you don't walk away from superbowls. Even with a loss last year, winning MVP at 40 is the best thing he could do for his brand. Likewise, winning again at 41 or 42. He quite frankly cannot be in a better position to do that anywhere else.

As for Gronk, who really cares. It's funny/sad to say but even at just 29 the guy is prob nearing his end sooner than Brady. He can't stay healthy and is constantly taking a beating. And even if they loose him the Pats have won with less. Fun note both are still under contract for 2018 and 2019, but then UFAs.
Doctor

Postby Naismith » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 am

https://twitter.com/bcmassey/status/194465008791465984

“In the very uncertain NFL draft, here's a certainty: the top 6 *prospects* will not be the top 6 *players*.”
Naismith

Postby Doctor » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:08 am

Naismith wrote:https://twitter.com/bcmassey/status/194465008791465984

“In the very uncertain NFL draft, here's a certainty: the top 6 *prospects* will not be the top 6 *players*.”

Ha! I love how much of an outlier Brady is. Who the **** is #1 in 2004 though?

That is very true though. Not only are the top 6 prospect not the top 6 players, but the top 6 prospects won't even be the first 6 players taken.
Doctor

Postby MJW » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:11 am

Doctor wrote:
BucaRican wrote:It's not about if Brady can still do it. It's about if he wants to go out and enjoy the rest of his life. Come on the rumors of him not coming back this yr, the whole Gronk waiting 100% for Brady's return. Book this, this will be the last year for Brady, and Gronk.

I don't buy it for a second. They have their complaints and this may be the only way to make them look serious (like, how much can you really complain after going to yet another superbowl?). The truth is that Brady is so deep in setting up his TB12 dynasty post football, you don't walk away from superbowls. Even with a loss last year, winning MVP at 40 is the best thing he could do for his brand. Likewise, winning again at 41 or 42. He quite frankly cannot be in a better position to do that anywhere else.

As for Gronk, who really cares. It's funny/sad to say but even at just 29 the guy is prob nearing his end sooner than Brady. He can't stay healthy and is constantly taking a beating. And even if they loose him the Pats have won with less. Fun note both are still under contract for 2018 and 2019, but then UFAs.

Gronk would make an interesting HOF case if his career ended right now. His career stats are pretty similar to Vernon Davis's, who won't sniff the Hall, and I doubt there are many guys in the Hall Of Fame who started less than 90 games in the NFL. Terrell Davis and Gale Sayers come to mind, but there aren't many others I can think of. I think he'd make it but I don't think it'd be a slam dunk.
MJW

Postby Doctor » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:27 am

MJW wrote:
Doctor wrote:I don't buy it for a second. They have their complaints and this may be the only way to make them look serious (like, how much can you really complain after going to yet another superbowl?). The truth is that Brady is so deep in setting up his TB12 dynasty post football, you don't walk away from superbowls. Even with a loss last year, winning MVP at 40 is the best thing he could do for his brand. Likewise, winning again at 41 or 42. He quite frankly cannot be in a better position to do that anywhere else.

Gronk would make an interesting HOF case if his career ended right now. His career stats are pretty similar to Vernon Davis's, who won't sniff the Hall, and I doubt there are many guys in the Hall Of Fame who started less than 90 games in the NFL. Terrell Davis and Gale Sayers come to mind, but there aren't many others I can think of. I think he'd make it but I don't think it'd be a slam dunk.

I don't think so. He was great when he was on the field, but I hate how people just dismiss longevity and durability like they aren't traits of a HoF. Honestly that's a knock I have on guys like Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson. Don't get me wrong, they are still HoF and all times greats, yes, but Gronk is not on that level. If you asked me if I'd prefer to draft Gronk or Jason Witten, I'd take Witten. They both have cracked 1k four times, but Witten also has 5000 more career yards and played for much longer. That's value. You don't get credit for things you didn't do. And while he has all the potential, he hasn't even come close to sniffing the jock of GOAT Tony G, or even guys like Mackey or Sharpe or Gates. For goodness sakes he has less catches than Delanie Walker. And like I said you don't get credit for things you don't do.
Doctor

Postby Naismith » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:50 am

Doctor wrote:Ha! I love how much of an outlier Brady is. Who the **** is #1 in 2004 though?

LOL, I have no idea. I thought it would be Jared Allen but he doesn't fit in that range.
Naismith

Postby Buc2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:26 pm

Naismith wrote:
Doctor wrote:Ha! I love how much of an outlier Brady is. Who the **** is #1 in 2004 though?

LOL, I have no idea. I thought it would be Jared Allen but he doesn't fit in that range.

Looks like it was pick #81 in that graphic so I looked it up. Pick #81 was Chris Cooley, TE for the Redskins. He went to 2 PB's (2007 & 2008). No one else around the middle of the 3rd could possibly be considered #1 in that draft class. Although, there are plenty in Round 1 alone that should easily be ranked higher than Cooley. Eli Manning. Phillip Rivers. Larry Fitz. Big Ben. DeAngelo Hall. Sean Taylor. Vilma. So I have no idea what the dude was thinking listing a mid-third rounder being the #1 pick in that draft. It says it's based on number of PB's and free agent compensation. Eli alone beats the crap out of his PB #'s with 4. Fitz has had 11 PB's.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Pirate Life » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Naismith wrote:

Looks like it was pick #81 in that graphic so I looked it up. Pick #81 was Chris Cooley, TE for the Redskins. He went to 2 PB's (2007 & 2008). No one else around the middle of the 3rd could possibly be considered #1 in that draft class. Although, there are plenty in Round 1 alone that should easily be ranked higher than Cooley. Eli Manning. Phillip Rivers. Larry Fitz. Big Ben. DeAngelo Hall. Sean Taylor. Vilma. So I have no idea what the dude was thinking listing a mid-third rounder being the #1 pick in that draft. It says it's based on number of PB's and free agent compensation. Eli alone beats the crap out of his PB #'s with 4. Fitz has had 11 PB's.

They are including free agent compensation in the calculation for #1, so they might have Schaub pegged, went slightly later than Cooley. A couple of pro bowls and a big free agent contract. Likely not more than Manning or Rivers though. Odd methodology to be sure.
Pirate Life

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:32 pm

All fighting to give us a Rainbow, I hope one of them throws in a first rounder next year to seal the deal...

Baker Mayfield is for sale and its going to be real expensive because we will be giving up the great Barkley!
mdb1958

Postby Doctor » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:03 am

mdb1958 wrote:11,12,15,23

All fighting to give us a Rainbow, I hope one of them throws in a first rounder next year to seal the deal...

Baker Mayfield is for sale and its going to be real expensive because we will be giving up the great Barkley!

I doubt Mayfield gets past the Jets or Broncos. I think it will be a Josh.
Doctor

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:30 am

Doctor wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:11,12,15,23

I doubt Mayfield gets past the Jets or Broncos. I think it will be a Josh.

You was right about Mayfield and I was wrong about how much they would fight for 7, I wish it would have been a little richer.

Note: Passing on Vea (and I'm not saying it should have been done) could have gotten us Green Bays first two picks.
mdb1958

Previous

Return to Team Discussions