Coming to RJS? Here's what you need to know!

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Coming to RJS? Here's what you need to know!

Postby Jimmy McGill » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:54 pm

Make sure you leave your cigarettes and vaping products in your car.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-new ... es-stadium
Jimmy McGill

Postby nodak » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:52 pm

My wife and i will be coming down from North Dakota for the Eagles game in September. I am a big Bucs fan and she is a big Wentz fan. We are used to tailgating at NDSU Bison games, so we are wondering what tailgating is like at RJS? Please any information will help. I cant wait to come down and visit.
nodak

Postby deltbucs » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:47 pm

nodak wrote:My wife and i will be coming down from North Dakota for the Eagles game in September. I am a big Bucs fan and she is a big Wentz fan. We are used to tailgating at NDSU Bison games, so we are wondering what tailgating is like at RJS? Please any information will help. I cant wait to come down and visit.

There is some tailgating info mentioned already in this thread. Check the first page.
deltbucs

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:07 am

This is slightly off topic, but am going to see Bucs/Giants in NY in November, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for going to a game in New York as well as where you'd recommend buying tickets. Have been to games before, but this is the first time I've been in charge of tickets lol
real bucs fan

Postby acmillis » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 am

real bucs fan wrote:This is slightly off topic, but am going to see Bucs/Giants in NY in November, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for going to a game in New York as well as where you'd recommend buying tickets. Have been to games before, but this is the first time I've been in charge of tickets lol

I always find the cheapest tickets on EBAY. I've never had any trouble with getting scammed and there are 0 fees. If you wait...and both teams suck (likely), tickets may be cheaper than if you were to by them now.
acmillis

Postby NYBF » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Do they even sell tix on ebay anymore? For the couple events I looked for, the "listings" were ads to external sites. Bunch of bullshit.

rbf - what kinds of tips are you looking for?
NYBF

Postby Kress » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:05 am

NYBF wrote:rbf - what kinds of tips are you looking for?

Last I knew, he wanted to know where to sit for best access to the field for streaking purposes. Like if one end zone has a low spot in the wall or something. He also questioned proximity to a nacho cart, but those two may not be related.
Kress

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:20 am

NYBF wrote:Do they even sell tix on ebay anymore? For the couple events I looked for, the "listings" were ads to external sites. Bunch of bullshit.

Well I was a bit surprised to see the game is in New Jersey... but looking deeper it's actually not that far. But still, mostly needing tips on travel, from say Manhattan. Won't have a car, so perhaps Uber/Cab?
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:58 am

real bucs fan wrote:
NYBF wrote:Do they even sell tix on ebay anymore? For the couple events I looked for, the "listings" were ads to external sites. Bunch of bullshit.

Well I was a bit surprised to see the game is in New Jersey... but looking deeper it's actually not that far. But still, mostly needing tips on travel, from say Manhattan. Won't have a car, so perhaps Uber/Cab?

Wait a minute. You're an NFL fan and you didn't know the Giants play in NJ? Or were you just kidding? Btw...don't freak out, but the Jets play in Jersey too.

I'd think the subway/train is probably your best bet. Traffic will likely be an issue by car (Uber/Lyft/Taxi).
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:57 am

real bucs fan wrote:

If you're going from Manhattan, and assuming somewhere in the vicinity of Midtown, NJ Transit train from Penn Station would probably be the easiest and most direct. I've got no Uber to the stadium experience, so I don't know what that will be like. However, unless you are getting there when the lots open or leaving 2+ hours after the game is done, traffic around the stadium is a ****ing nightmare.

In the past when I've gone to Giants Stadium (Haven't been to Met Life yet), we would always bring a full tailate setup for after the game. The last time I was there, I walked back to our car and the lines to get out already formed. There was a car right in front of me on line to get out. I pulled the grill out, filled it with coal, lit the coal, and had a beer or two. By the time the coals were ready to be cooked on, that car had moved 3'.

I do know the 2 area baseball parks have dedicated Uber pickup / drop off areas, but the issue is there is pretty much just one road in / out of the stadium. Uber in may not be a bad idea if you're going early. Uber out is probably a terrible decision.

I get the appeal of staying in Manhattan, but unless you'll be here long enough to actually go out and see Manhattan, you might be better off staying somewhere in north Jersey. And not even just from a saving money on your hotel standpoint.
NYBF

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:33 pm

NYBF wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Well I was a bit surprised to see the game is in New Jersey... but looking deeper it's actually not that far. But still, mostly needing tips on travel, from say Manhattan. Won't have a car, so perhaps Uber/Cab?

If you're going from Manhattan, and assuming somewhere in the vicinity of Midtown, NJ Transit train from Penn Station would probably be the easiest and most direct. I've got no Uber to the stadium experience, so I don't know what that will be like. However, unless you are getting there when the lots open or leaving 2+ hours after the game is done, traffic around the stadium is a ****ing nightmare.

In the past when I've gone to Giants Stadium (Haven't been to Met Life yet), we would always bring a full tailate setup for after the game. The last time I was there, I walked back to our car and the lines to get out already formed. There was a car right in front of me on line to get out. I pulled the grill out, filled it with coal, lit the coal, and had a beer or two. By the time the coals were ready to be cooked on, that car had moved 3'.

I do know the 2 area baseball parks have dedicated Uber pickup / drop off areas, but the issue is there is pretty much just one road in / out of the stadium. Uber in may not be a bad idea if you're going early. Uber out is probably a terrible decision.

I get the appeal of staying in Manhattan, but unless you'll be here long enough to actually go out and see Manhattan, you might be better off staying somewhere in north Jersey. And not even just from a saving money on your hotel standpoint.

Nice, thanks, lotsa good info there. Seeing a concert in manhattan which is the main focus of the trip. Trying to convince folks to go see the game because we are there already.
real bucs fan

Postby NYBF » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:29 pm

OK. Penn Station to Secaucus to Metlife is probably best mass transit option. If you're staying downtown, maybe PATH from the World Trade Center. When you get more specifics and need more concrete info, feel free to PM me and I'll help you out however I can.

As far as the Giants sucking and hoping for cheaper tix, Giants fans aren't as fickle as Jets fans. I don't know how much of a price drop I'd be counting on.
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:33 pm

NYBF wrote:OK. Penn Station to Secaucus to Metlife is probably best mass transit option. If you're staying downtown, maybe PATH from the World Trade Center. When you get more specifics and need more concrete info, feel free to PM me and I'll help you out however I can.

As far as the Giants sucking and hoping for cheaper tix, Giants fans aren't as fickle as Jets fans. I don't know how much of a price drop I'd be counting on.

I thought the Jets fans were the fickle ones.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Nano » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:29 pm

To be fair, Jets fans still do go to the games even when the Jets suck. It's just that most of the time they're wearing the other teams gear.
Nano

Postby Kress » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:52 am

Yes, Giants fans go to games. They make traffic around RayJay a wreck.
Kress

Postby Deja Entendu » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:52 pm

I'm 99% sure I'm going to the Giants game, too. I've actually been to MetLife for the game against the Jets a few years ago (wtf, Lavonte?!?).

It was actually the easiest in/out experience I've ever had at a stadium, but I don't anticipate that being the case again. I'm still not sure what route I'll go for tickets or travel, but will circle back here to share if I come up with a decent plan.

I will say typically Uber after an NFL game anywhere I've been has been a ****ing nightmare (particularly at Ray Jay).

Best bet is probably to wait it out eating and drinking like NYBF said, or have a set spot you plan to walk to after. I can't remember how walkable Secaucus Junction is, but think it's a bit of a hike.
Deja Entendu

Postby Ukbuc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:56 am

Hi all. Have made the trip from the uk for today's game against the Eagles. This will be my second game over here and I can't wait.

Quick question regarding tailgate. Is there anywhere I can go and join in and meet people? It's just me and the wife today and i can't drink as got to drive.

Last time I came as a larger group and we all went to pub and came to ground later.

But really want to soak up some atmosphere this time.

Any help is appreciated!
Ukbuc

Postby DreadNaught » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:15 am

Ukbuc wrote:Hi all. Have made the trip from the uk for today's game against the Eagles. This will be my second game over here and I can't wait.

Quick question regarding tailgate. Is there anywhere I can go and join in and meet people? It's just me and the wife today and i can't drink as got to drive.

Last time I came as a larger group and we all went to pub and came to ground later.

But really want to soak up some atmosphere this time.

Any help is appreciated!

3316 W. Ohio Ave

Whatthebuc.net for more info

Starts at 9am, $20 for all you can drink and eat.
DreadNaught

Postby Mex-Buc » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21 am

Mex-Buc wrote:Hey fellas!

I'm coming to RJS for the first time in my life, I'm making the trip with my wife during our honeymoon (We get married in Sept 15),

We are flying directly to Miami from Cancun, and we are thinking in taking the bus from there (Looks like a 6 hr drive),

She gifted me a pair of tickets back in May on my birthday for the MNF against the Steelers, yes, I know, she's awesome! :drinkingcheers:

So I have a pair of questions that I know some of you Buc family can answer for me:

1. Any advice on what's the best way to go from Miami to Tampa?
2. Any hotel recommendation near the stadium?
3. A must visit on Tampa besides the stadium and the game?
4. We got 2 tix on Section 147, right below the Pirate Ship, on the End Zone, please share your thoughts on this section.
5. Any other recommendation you have for this Mexican Buc brother? 8-)

Best regards to all, season is just around the corner! :drinkingcheers:

These past 2 weeks have been a rollercoaster in my life, want to read a sad story? Don't worry, it won’t be as sad as what the Bucs displayed on Sunday.

2 days before my wedding, I got robbed in my city, (Tijuana, Mexico), yes, I know, a well noted crime city right? Well, in my 29 years living here, I've never experienced this, and it happened 2 days before MY WEDDING...

I was robbed at pointed gun, my personal belongings as well as my cellphone, also my wife's car with her wedding dress (Custom Made), which we had picked up just a couple of minutes ago (Yeah, she suffered big time), although her wedding dress was made again on the next day (Miracle :innocent: ), exactly like the one before, thankfully.

Within my personal belongings was my Visa, to cross the US Border.. so yeah, Bye bye to my first time in RJS... FML..

Although the wedding came out pretty good, and our honeymoon trip was better than expected, I couldn't complain that much not going to FL, since I was in Cancun and Playa del Carmen, but my trip to Tampa will have to wait a little longer..

Thankfully we purchased that Allianz Insurance, so I'm making a claim this week so we can get a full refund on the tickets, just wanted to share this sad story with you all.

Hopefully I can make that trip sooner than later! :drinkingcheers:
Mex-Buc

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:46 am

Mex-Buc wrote:

I'm coming to RJS for the first time in my life, I'm making the trip with my wife during our honeymoon (We get married in Sept 15),

We are flying directly to Miami from Cancun, and we are thinking in taking the bus from there (Looks like a 6 hr drive),

She gifted me a pair of tickets back in May on my birthday for the MNF against the Steelers, yes, I know, she's awesome! :drinkingcheers:

So I have a pair of questions that I know some of you Buc family can answer for me:

4. We got 2 tix on Section 147, right below the Pirate Ship, on the End Zone, please share your thoughts on this section.

These past 2 weeks have been a rollercoaster in my life, want to read a sad story? Don't worry, it won’t be as sad as what the Bucs displayed on Sunday.

2 days before my wedding, I got robbed in my city, (Tijuana, Mexico), yes, I know, a well noted crime city right? Well, in my 29 years living here, I've never experienced this, and it happened 2 days before MY WEDDING...

I was robbed at pointed gun, my personal belongings as well as my cellphone, also my wife's car with her wedding dress (Custom Made), which we had picked up just a couple of minutes ago (Yeah, she suffered big time), although her wedding dress was made again on the next day (Miracle :innocent: ), exactly like the one before, thankfully.

Within my personal belongings was my Visa, to cross the US Border.. so yeah, Bye bye to my first time in RJS... FML..

Although the wedding came out pretty good, and our honeymoon trip was better than expected, I couldn't complain that much not going to FL, since I was in Cancun and Playa del Carmen, but my trip to Tampa will have to wait a little longer..

Thankfully we purchased that Allianz Insurance, so I'm making a claim this week so we can get a full refund on the tickets, just wanted to share this sad story with you all.

Yikes! I'm glad you and your fiance (now wife) were unharmed. That is scary stuff.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mex-Buc » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:22 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Mex-Buc wrote:

Yikes! I'm glad you and your fiance (now wife) were unharmed. That is scary stuff.

Yeah, it was scary, but thankfully we are safe now, and nothing to worry about!
Mex-Buc

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Just got my trip reminder/alert for our Tampa weekend for the Browns game...11 days..

CAN'T WAIT!!
Super K

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Yo! Anyone going to the game this weekend?...wife and I get in Saturday afternoon and are gonna have some (ahem) fun...Sunday we will hit up the WhatTheBuc tailgate...

Anyone interested in maybe meeting up for a drink and/or a handshake, let me know....
Super K

Postby Kress » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:17 am

On behalf of the greater Tampa Bay area, I would like to apologize. We are sorry for subjecting you and your wife to........ that.
Kress

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:41 am

Kress wrote:On behalf of the greater Tampa Bay area, I would like to apologize. We are sorry for subjecting you and your wife to........ that.

Lol...

We had a GREAT time... WhatTheBuc tailgate was awesome, game/seats were awesome, weather was phenomenal....

We ate at Whiskey Joes a couple of times as it was pretty close...cool atmosphere...
Super K

Postby acmillis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Anybody trying to unload their Saints tickets? Cheaper the better.
acmillis

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:17 pm

acmillis wrote:Anybody trying to unload their Saints tickets? Cheaper the better.

I should be able to get you as many Week one tickets as you need. Name your price.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Kress » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
acmillis wrote:Anybody trying to unload their Saints tickets? Cheaper the better.

I should be able to get you as many Week one tickets as you need. Name your price.

Guarantee me a victory and I'm in.
Kress

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:09 pm

Kress wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I should be able to get you as many Week one tickets as you need. Name your price.

Guarantee me a victory and I'm in.

Done.

Will $100 per ticket do?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:30 am

Mex-Buc wrote:

Oh my gosh I am just reading this and I am so very sorry this happened to you! It is a story for your grandkids but no fun at the time it happened I’m sure. Hopefully by now, everything that could be replaced was replaced. And of course the most important thing is that you were not hurt. I am so sorry again that you and your wife had to go through this.
Babeinbucland

Previous

Return to Team Discussions