2018 NFL schedule release thread - Bucs Schedule

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: 2018 NFL schedule release thread - Bucs Schedule

Postby Super K » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Whelp, I'm all booked up for the Bucs/Browns game!!

Sec 307 Row K (damn right I did that on purpose)..

Hotel is booked...

Gonna wait a bit for airfare...
Super K

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:26 am

I figured here was as good a place as any to drop this little nugget, courtesy of the NFL.

Cheb

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:55 am

Cheb wrote:I figured here was as good a place as any to drop this little nugget, courtesy of the NFL.

Yes because as history shows us teams stay exactly the same year to year.
Bootz2004

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:09 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Cheb wrote:I figured here was as good a place as any to drop this little nugget, courtesy of the NFL.

Yes because as history shows us teams stay exactly the same year to year.

We live in a world where the future is uncertain and indeterminate? Oh man, I wish I would have thought of that.

You've been banging this particular drum quite a bit lately. Let's take this to its logical conclusion. Let's assume that the future is ultimately unknowable and the past has no predictive powers or relevance in regards to future events. The past is a story we tell ourselves that ultimately doesn't matter, and the future is a dream perpetually out of reach. Indeed, why ever reference either the past or future, since they are ultimately meaningless? Some would applaud your devotion to the philosophy of mindfulness. It's also a sign of brain damage.

As it pertains to this message board, I suppose you would just have to shut your mouth whenever discussing anything not in the immediacy of the present moment. Indeed, the second you post a thing, it's now in the past, and doesn't matter. What you do at that point would be interesting. Do you delete your post as you're typing it, knowing that it's a ultimately fruitless effort, as we are all just infinitesimally small specks on a thin film of life surrounding a planet hurtling through space at 30 kilometers per second, alone and broken in a vast and uncaring universe? Or do you go back and delete your post after you have posted it, which wouldn't make any sense really, because why would you care about something that's already happened? It's in the past, and the past is stupid. Either way, I wish you luck in your quest.

Or you could just be a normal human being, look at the fact that the Bucs have the hardest first three games of the season in the Superbowl era, and say to yourself "wow, those games are likely going to be difficult to win." I fully expect you to take neither option A or B, but instead option C, which is probably something along the lines of "Hurr durr kyddo," but a bit longer and with more narcissism. Have fun with that.
Cheb

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 pm

I enjoyed reading that.
Caradoc

Previous

Return to Team Discussions