2018 NFL schedule release thread - Bucs Schedule

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: 2018 NFL schedule release thread - Bucs Schedule

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:16 am

Yup, winning teams or big markets get primetime games and the Bucs are neither right now.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 am

LavonteDavid54 wrote:
NYBF wrote:
What the hell about 5-11 deserves respect?

Well Jets, Giants,Bears, Seattle and Lions are a few with multiple prime time night games.What is it about those teams that garner such " respect"? They even had us go against the Pitt Steelers! Best and largest fan base in the country. That was just to carry us. Sorry but it's disrespectful

Jets - #1 market in the country, #3 pick in the draft. NFL is hoping to showcase a flashy new QB.

Giants - #1 Market in the country, #2 pick in the draft. Maybe showcasing a flashy new RB?

Bears - #3 market in the country.

Seattle - you can't be serious.

Detroit - I really don't know. They did finish over .500 last year. But it seems their 2 prime time games may be more about their opponents than them.
NYBF

Postby acmillis » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:43 am

Most likely going to the Ravens game and should be able to scoop up tickets for cheap as (IMHO) both teams will be pretty bad this year.

Question: If we go in to the bye week 0-4 who is our coach week 6?
acmillis

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:31 am

acmillis wrote:Most likely going to the Ravens game and should be able to scoop up tickets for cheap as (IMHO) both teams will be pretty bad this year.

Question: If we go in to the bye week 0-4 who is our coach week 6?

Koetter
PrimeMinister

Postby Caradoc » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:43 am

Yeah, the Glazers won't fire a coach midseason. That never achieves anything.

Besides, who would they make HC? Mike Smith, cuz the defense looked so good?
Caradoc

Postby acmillis » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:14 am

I could see them making a change for change's sake. I know it is not like them to pull the trigger mid-year...but maybe Licht throws Koetter under the bus to try and save himself? IDK...just super pessimistic over here.
acmillis

Postby NYBF » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:48 am

acmillis wrote:I could see them making a change for change's sake. I know it is not like them to pull the trigger mid-year...but maybe Licht throws Koetter under the bus to try and save himself? IDK...just super pessimistic over here.

If things are that bad, there should be no saving Licht. You have to start fresh.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:54 am

NYBF wrote:
LavonteDavid54 wrote:Well Jets, Giants,Bears, Seattle and Lions are a few with multiple prime time night games.What is it about those teams that garner such " respect"? They even had us go against the Pitt Steelers! Best and largest fan base in the country. That was just to carry us. Sorry but it's disrespectful

Jets - #1 market in the country, #3 pick in the draft. NFL is hoping to showcase a flashy new QB.

Giants - #1 Market in the country, #2 pick in the draft. Maybe showcasing a flashy new RB?

Bears - #3 market in the country.

Seattle - you can't be serious.

Detroit - I really don't know. They did finish over .500 last year. But it seems their 2 prime time games may be more about their opponents than them.

Detroit gets the Thanksgiving game as one primetime game. The other is early in the season vs the Patriots, so you're right that it's more about the opponent.
DreadNaught

Postby Super K » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:00 pm

Alrighty folks, looking to start to lockdown my trip down for our game vs Cleveland...

My preferred seating is high and in the middle (if possible)...for a 1pm game, what side can I sit on and melt less? Home or visitors?...

When we came down for the Jets/Bucs game in '09 we sat in row 3 directly behind our bench and I lost 11lbs during the game..
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Super K wrote:Alrighty folks, looking to start to lockdown my trip down for our game vs Cleveland...

My preferred seating is high and in the middle (if possible)...for a 1pm game, what side can I sit on and melt less? Home or visitors?...

When we came down for the Jets/Bucs game in '09 we sat in row 3 directly behind our bench and I lost 11lbs during the game..

It won't matter much. But by the end of the game, if you sit on the home side at least the sun will be at your back. With a 1pm start though, the sun will still be beaming.
Bootz2004

Postby Super K » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Super K wrote:Alrighty folks, looking to start to lockdown my trip down for our game vs Cleveland...

It won't matter much. But by the end of the game, if you sit on the home side at least the sun will be at your back. With a 1pm start though, the sun will still be beaming.

Thanks man...

Looks like I'll be wearing my swimming trunks to the game....
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:09 pm

Looks like I’ll be able to make it to both the Bucs @ Cowboys game and Falcons @ Bucs
PrimeMinister

Postby acmillis » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Sections 308-312 will be great for you
acmillis

Postby acmillis » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Should we have a sticky in TD... something like... "coming to RJS? Here is what you need to know"?
acmillis

Postby Super K » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:55 pm

acmillis wrote:

Sections 308-312 will be great for you

Thanks for the info, GREATLY appreciated!
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 pm

acmillis wrote:Should we have a sticky in TD... something like... "coming to RJS? Here is what you need to know"?

Yes we should. It’ll be useful at the start of every season.
PrimeMinister

Postby Super K » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:04 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
acmillis wrote:Should we have a sticky in TD... something like... "coming to RJS? Here is what you need to know"?

Yes we should. It’ll be useful at the start of every season.

Awesome idea...

It can have stuff like what section to sit in, best hotels and restaurants, nicest strip club on Marbury etc....
Super K

Postby Nano » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:16 pm

And tips from local fans about how to deal with the crippling depression after yet another soul-crushing loss.
Nano

Postby Super K » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:18 pm

Yep...like "don't fight chicks from Cincinnati"

Useful stuff like that...
Super K

Postby Nano » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:21 pm

If you're going to fight them, keep yo hat on.
Nano

Postby sanka » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:49 pm

Nano wrote:And tips from local fans about how to deal with the crippling depression after yet another soul-crushing loss.

A left hook from me will do the trick.....but Ill prescribe this med for u.

"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby NYBF » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Super K wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Thanks man...

Looks like I'll be wearing my swimming trunks to the game....

Club seats. I sat in the last row in the corner closest to the pirate ship. The first half NY row stayed in the shade. Second half, quick dips in and out of the ac and I was good.
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Super K wrote:
acmillis wrote:Sections 308-312 will be great for you

Thanks for the info, GREATLY appreciated!

Had seats in 308 for the Jets game last November. Loved them.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:42 pm

NYBF, while your club seats idea is intriguing, the price tag is too steep for my wallet...

On another topic, anybody else gonna be at the Browns game, whether via season tix or single game?....would ya mind if my wife and I joined your tailgating?..we'd gladly pay our fair share..

When we came down before we had to basically scurry into the stadium real quick for food/drinks etc because we didn't know anyone (duh)... And I was more of a lurker than a poster here, so asking to hang out wasn't really an option..

PM me if you'd like and we can exchange contact info..
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Someone else add on to this, but I remember last year a What The Buc tailgate being mentioned. I believe they tailgate every week and it’s supposed to be amazing. Maybe DN mentioned it?
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Super K wrote:NYBF, while your club seats idea is intriguing, the price tag is too steep for my wallet...

On another topic, anybody else gonna be at the Browns game, whether via season tix or single game?....would ya mind if my wife and I joined your tailgating?..we'd gladly pay our fair share..

When we came down before we had to basically scurry into the stadium real quick for food/drinks etc because we didn't know anyone (duh)... And I was more of a lurker than a poster here, so asking to hang out wasn't really an option..

The WTB tailgate is always a fun place to meet up, or just go to find like minded fans if you want to tailgate. You don't need to bring anything other than 20 bucks and its unlimited beer, liquor, and food (while supplies last). So I always recommend it to out of town fans that are traveling light.
DreadNaught

Postby Super K » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:32 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Super K wrote:NYBF, while your club seats idea is intriguing, the price tag is too steep for my wallet...

The WTB tailgate is always a fun place to meet up, or just go to find like minded fans if you want to tailgate. You don't need to bring anything other than 20 bucks and its unlimited beer, liquor, and food (while supplies last). So I always recommend it to out of town fans that are traveling light.

Awesome!!

Thanks fellas!
Super K

Postby Doctor » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:59 am

DreadNaught wrote:

I've been to a few games but never heard of this. I should check it out next time, sounds fun.
Doctor

Postby Doctor » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:16 am

**** it. The Bucs have been terribly slow starters under DK. If we're going to take some Ls early I much rather they be to the tougher teams on our schedule anyway. 1-3 going into the BYE, full steam to beat Atlanta and *turn the corner*. Or so one can dream...
Doctor

Postby Doctor » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:23 am

Looks like the Saints have to host the Eagles and Falcons back to back at home then travel to Dallas- 3 games in 12 days in November before facing us. That's brutal. But they do get a longer week to recover before facing us, but that's still rough. That will be the second match up vs us and it'll be in a Tampa.
Doctor

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions