2018 NFL schedule release thread - Bucs Schedule

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: 2018 NFL schedule release thread - Bucs Schedule

Postby Nano » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:So 15 1pm games and a home MNF game. Doesn't get any better.

You know you suck when even your NFC East games are at 1pm.
Nano

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 pm

I was really hoping the Eagles were late in the year, and the Giants and Baltimore games were earlier. Not for any strategic football reasons, just selfishly hoping to have decent weather in the stands up north and get a nice December weather break in Tampa.

I will have some schedule juggling to do with the ex, but I still plan on hitting those three games. Maybe Cleveland or NO, if the team rebounds the way I expect then to.
Deja Entendu

Postby Agent Orange » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:49 pm

I just saw a graphic on NFL network that said based on last years records we have the 4th hardest schedule. The Raiders have one of the easiest.
Agent Orange

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Agent Orange wrote:I just saw a graphic on NFL network that said based on last years records we have the 4th hardest schedule. The Raiders have one of the easiest.

This has been known since the season ended
Bootz2004

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Good!!!! Don't give us a Thurs night or Sun night game!Again the complete lack of respect we receive from the league office to all the decision makers !!! Year after year!!! Is shameful n obvious!Gonna make smacking Philly in week two at home that much more gratifying!!!! That will wake some people up!!! .Also thanks for not making us try n physically recoup on 4 days.We appreciate it!! Now just give us a different uni combo maybe more white pants red tops , just something to associate us with winning!!So tired of this league disrespecting us, from horrible calls the last 12 years that get overloooked n never mentioned on Mondays to scheduling. Use it as fuel guys and let it motivate you to prove these pricks wrong!
LavonteDavid54

Postby NYBF » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Nano wrote:

You know you suck when even your NFC East games are at 1pm.

There's a better than decent chance one of those late season games gets moved to 4p. There are only west coast games in the 4p slots now until they start flexing.
NYBF

Postby NYBF » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:02 pm

Agent Orange wrote:I just saw a graphic on NFL network that said based on last years records we have the 4th hardest schedule.

This is what happens when the three other teams in your division go to the playoffs.
NYBF

Postby NYBF » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:03 pm

LavonteDavid54 wrote:Again the complete lack of respect we receive from the league office to all the decision makers !!!

What the hell about 5-11 deserves respect?
NYBF

Postby Teitan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:10 pm

NYBF wrote:
LavonteDavid54 wrote:Again the complete lack of respect we receive from the league office to all the decision makers !!!

Hey we won a Super Bowl 16 years ago. Give us our damn dues!
Teitan

Postby Agent Orange » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:13 pm

I don't like it at all when they give us an early bye. I am happy we didn't get more primetime games. We look like complete and total crap in primetime. Jameis plays his worst football on primetime games.
Agent Orange

Postby theBKwhopper » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:19 pm

Agent Orange wrote:I don't like it at all when they give us an early bye. I am happy we didn't get more primetime games. We look like complete and total crap in primetime. Jameis plays his worst football on primetime games.

I'm just happy we get a bye this year.
theBKwhopper

Postby BacksidePursuit » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Looks like a brutal schedule to me. But there is always so much turnover in the league. So impossible to really tel.
BacksidePursuit

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:38 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:I don't like it at all when they give us an early bye. I am happy we didn't get more primetime games. We look like complete and total crap in primetime. Jameis plays his worst football on primetime games.

The Dolphins got a Week 11 Bye this year, which is nice since they were fucked out of their bye last year. I'm glad the league did the same for... oh nevermind.
Deja Entendu

Postby theBKwhopper » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:I'm just happy we get a bye this year.

The Dolphins got a Week 11 Bye this year, which is nice since they were fucked out of their bye last year. I'm glad the league did the same for... oh nevermind.

Hahaha
theBKwhopper

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:

VauntedTampa2

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:40 pm

He looked great against the falcons on mnf last year.
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby sanka » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:20 pm

Be prepared for flexed games later in the season...
sex is a sensation, caused by temptation,a guy sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population for the next generation. Do you get my explanation or do you need a demonstration?
sanka

Postby sanka » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 pm

The most fucked up part is the 49ers with a losing record last season got 5 primetime games Hahahahaha.....
sex is a sensation, caused by temptation,a guy sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population for the next generation. Do you get my explanation or do you need a demonstration?
sanka

Postby MJW » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:27 pm

NYBF wrote:

It's not just the 5-11, it's that we're a boring team, or at least we're seen that way. Jameis isn't a national draw at this point. Evans isn't bombastic enough to be interesting to casual fans. Who's left that might draw eyeballs on this 53? What narrative can the networks even sell?
MJW

Postby MJW » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 pm

sanka wrote:11-5

Please, go on.
MJW

Postby sanka » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:42 pm

MJW wrote:
NYBF wrote:

It's not just the 5-11, it's that we're a boring team, or at least we're seen that way. Jameis isn't a national draw at this point. Evans isn't bombastic enough to be interesting to casual fans. Who's left that might draw eyeballs on this 53? What narrative can the networks even sell?

Bucs are not boring....the team was just shitty all around. They have beefed up the defense a little bit with the draft to come. Plus I like when the Bucs are low key...no pressure and full concentration is a big plus.
sanka

Postby MJW » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 pm

sanka wrote:
MJW wrote:

Bucs are not boring....the team was just shitty all around. They have beefed up the defense a little bit with the draft to come. Plus I like when the Bucs are low key...no pressure and full concentration is a big plus.

Think like a fan in Iowa deciding whether or not to tune in to MNF. You're not a fan of either team.

What about the Bucs are making you turn on the TV?
MJW

Postby sanka » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:04 am

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:

Think like a fan in Iowa deciding whether or not to tune in to MNF. You're not a fan of either team.

No, I will stick with the best state in the Union with low rent, no state taxes, and jobs everywhere. The great state of Texas. I usually pretend Texas has no team anyway....so Ill be watching Bucs bring back that 2016 swag back.
sanka

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:57 am

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:

Saquon Barkley.

I'll see myself out.
Deja Entendu

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:04 am

NYBF wrote:

Well Jets, Giants,Bears, Seattle and Lions are a few with multiple prime time night games.What is it about those teams that garner such " respect"? They even had us go against the Pitt Steelers! Best and largest fan base in the country. That was just to carry us. Sorry but it's disrespectful
LavonteDavid54

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:36 am

Now for the important stuff:

EAGLES 3½ 47½ Falcons
Sunday, Sept. 9
Steelers 7 48 BROWNS
VIKINGS 4½ 47½ 49ers
COLTS 1 47½ Bengals
RAVENS 3½ 42 Bills
Jaguars 4 44½ GIANTS
SAINTS 7½ 52½ Buccaneers
PATRIOTS 7 51 Texans
Titans 2½ 47 DOLPHINS
CHARGERS 3 48½ Chiefs
BRONCOS 2½ 42 Seahawks
PANTHERS 2½ 45 Cowboys
CARDINALS 1 45 Redskins
PACKERS 9 48½ Bears
Monday, Sept. 10
LIONS 6 44 Jets
Rams 1½ 49½ RAIDERS

I'll be interested in taking 7.5 points, probably a tad on the over as well.

Also probably take Atlanta and the points, will double check but I think SB winners are good fades come opening day....

I guess that's going to be the Thursday night game that week?
Patrick McIrish

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:17 am

Is this the first year in a while (ever?) where every team doesn't get a Thursday night game?
deltbucs

Postby BucaRican » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:19 am

LavonteDavid54 wrote:Good!!!! Don't give us a Thurs night or Sun night game!Again the complete lack of respect we receive from the league office to all the decision makers !!! Year after year!!! Is shameful n obvious!Gonna make smacking Philly in week two at home that much more gratifying!!!! That will wake some people up!!! .Also thanks for not making us try n physically recoup on 4 days.We appreciate it!! Now just give us a different uni combo maybe more white pants red tops , just something to associate us with winning!!So tired of this league disrespecting us, from horrible calls the last 12 years that get overloooked n never mentioned on Mondays to scheduling. Use it as fuel guys and let it motivate you to prove these pricks wrong!

Don't be mad, if the product doesn't garner national attention they are not putting it up on a national prime time slot. Face it this team has under performed and point out sucked for a long time. Move out of Tampa and go somewhere like New York, no one really cares about the BUCS.

If they finally catch fire those last 4 weeks can be flexed. They have to prove their worth.
BucaRican

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:36 am

deltbucs wrote:Is this the first year in a while (ever?) where every team doesn't get a Thursday night game?

Last year
Bootz2004

Postby Cheb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:53 am

LavonteDavid54 wrote:Good!!!! Don't give us a Thurs night or Sun night game!Again the complete lack of respect we receive from the league office to all the decision makers !!! Year after year!!! Is shameful n obvious!Gonna make smacking Philly in week two at home that much more gratifying!!!! That will wake some people up!!! .Also thanks for not making us try n physically recoup on 4 days.We appreciate it!! Now just give us a different uni combo maybe more white pants red tops , just something to associate us with winning!!So tired of this league disrespecting us, from horrible calls the last 12 years that get overloooked n never mentioned on Mondays to scheduling. Use it as fuel guys and let it motivate you to prove these pricks wrong!

In the past ten years the Bucs have had three winning seasons. Their record over the past five years is 26-54. They last went to the playoffs a decade and four head coaches ago, where they lost in the wildcard round. The last time the Bucs had a top ten scoring offense was in 2000, which coincidentally is the only time they have had a top ten scoring offense in their over 40 year history. The last time they had a top ten scoring defense was in 2007.

The team sucks. The Bucs don't deserve primetime games. They do not provide a good football product to those who aren't already Bucs fans. I don't blame the league office for not giving the Bucs more primetime games.
Cheb

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions