Your Top 3 Boom/Busts Buc Free Agents in the last decade

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Your Top 3 Boom/Busts Buc Free Agents in the last decade

Postby Doctor » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:25 pm

What are the top three best free agents signings the Bucs have made in the last decade? What about the three worst busts signings?
Doctor

Re: Your Top 3 Boom/Busts Buc Free Agents in the last decade

Postby Hit55 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Best: Bryan Anger
Hit55

Postby Rocker » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:45 pm

Hit55 wrote:Best: Bryan Anger

Vincent Jackson by a country mile.
Rocker

Postby Hit55 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Rocker wrote:
Hit55 wrote:Best: Bryan Anger

Vincent Jackson by a country mile.

Was actually in the middle of editing. List actually comes out to (for me, in no particular order):

Bryan Anger
Vincent Jackson
Brent Grimes
Hit55

Postby Konatown » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:49 pm

This is going to be a depressing list.

V-Jax is the only FA that turned out more than solid. Anger, McDonald were/are serviceable.

Onto the bads

Carl Nicks, Eric Wright, the Revis Fiasco, Dashon Goldson off the top of my head.
Konatown

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Konatown wrote:This is going to be a depressing list.

V-Jax is the only FA that turned out more than solid. Anger, McDonald were/are serviceable.

Onto the bads

Carl Nicks, Eric Wright, the Revis Fiasco, Dashon Goldson off the top of my head.

Revis wasn't a FA.
uscbucsfan

Postby Hit55 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:54 pm

Onto the bads

The worst thing about the Carl Nicks signing was that it was only terrible for one really unfortunate, really crappy reason. When he was on the field, he was a legit animal.
Hit55

Postby Konatown » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:07 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:

Onto the bads

Revis wasn't a FA.

I know, hence the Revis “fiasco”. Just pointing out another blunder of the last ten years. Let me hate
Konatown

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Booms I'd go with Vincent Jackson, Brent Grimes and Bryan Anger. The busts I'd go with Michael Johnson, Anthony Collins and I give Eric Wright the last spot because it was absurd the Bucs gave him as much as they did to begin with. I'll exclude Carl Nicks, because his situation was very unfortunate.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Carl Nicks is easily the worst FA decison of the last decade...hell, he's probably the worst in franchise history given the amount of money we paid him and the amount of games he didn't play...

And don't give me the MRSA ****...dude had injury issues when we signed him, hence why NO let him walk....
Super K

Postby Konatown » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Super K wrote:Carl Nicks is easily the worst FA decison of the last decade...hell, he's probably the worst in franchise history given the amount of money we paid him and the amount of games he didn't play...

And don't give me the MRSA ****...dude had injury issues when we signed him, hence why NO let him walk....

Yep. Sure he was a good player but it’s still a huge FA bust when you consider what we paid him vs production. And I believe the 2012 season he had toe surgery to put him on IR then 2013 was the MRSA infection.
Konatown

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Konatown wrote:
Super K wrote:Carl Nicks is easily the worst FA decison of the last decade...hell, he's probably the worst in franchise history given the amount of money we paid him and the amount of games he didn't play...

Yep. Sure he was a good player but it’s still a huge FA bust when you consider what we paid him vs production. And I believe the 2012 season he had toe surgery to put him on IR then 2013 was the MRSA infection.

Damn straight...

Signed a $47mill deal in March 2012, didn't make it past Halloween THE SAME YEAR...

Played in 9 total games....

Straight up bullshit...
Super K

Postby Nano » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Maybe he had injury issues during games(like Hawley), but he never missed a game prior to coming here. In fact, he was coming off a 1st team All-Pro when we signed him. They let Nicks walk because of cap reasons. After they franchised Brees, they had 8 mil left in Cap space, nowhere near enough to sign Nicks and everyone else(and the previous offseason they gave Jahri Evans a huge contract as well).

He was a bust because he only played in 9 games(Which he was mostly dominant when he did play), but he wasn't a bad signing.
Nano

Postby Naismith » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:39 pm

Saints definitely didn't want to let him walk. They wanted to get a deal done with Brees so they could franchise Nicks. When they couldn't, they had to franchise Brees and let Nicks hit the market.
Naismith

Return to Team Discussions