Jameis Winston Vows to Show Value of Desean Jackson

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston Vows to Show Value of Desean Jackson

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:33 pm

For those concerned about it, Jameis and Desean are practicing together in Tallahassee.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhZ5aeeHiEL/
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:For those concerned about it, Jameis and Desean are practicing together in Tallahassee.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhZ5aeeHiEL/

I mean...cool? Better than NOT practicing? But Jackson got open plenty last year. Winston missed him because his deep ball accuracy is crap. Now what? It's not like he missed him because of timing or miscommunication. He missed him because he doesn't throw an accurate deep ball. Unless Jackson is planning to grow to 6'5 like Mike Evans so he can clean up some more of Winston's misses than he did last year, it is what it is.
MJW

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Deep ball accuracy can be fixed with coaching/hardwork.

It will also be Desean's second year in the system.

I expect to see improvement next year, and you should too.
VauntedTampa2

Postby MJW » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:59 pm

VauntedTampa2 wrote:Deep ball accuracy can be fixed with coaching/hardwork.

Accuracy is one of the toughest things to fix with an NFL quarterback. That said, it's weird with Winston. When he's throwing intermediate routes and letting it rip, he can be impressively accurate. But when he throws deep balls, it seems like he's "aiming" and it rarely goes well. I do maintain a small measure of optimism it can improve, but history is not on his side in this regard.
MJW

Postby Caradoc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:06 am

What it looks like is Jameis can lead targets horizontally very well, but sucks azz at leading them vertically. And I think teams have picked up on this.
Caradoc

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:43 am

I hope this is more than just show. I saw the article and plays posted where Djax was open and could have had some really big gains but Winston missed him pretty badly.I sometimes wonder how much of Peyton Manning traits are in him and how much of his " love for the game" is not necessarily show but not as intense as say Manning and Harrison had.Jameis seems to be the guy who sells himself like football is life. Manning had that, Brady has that. If Jameis truly did, where's the offseason throwing and why did Dirk chew him a little on HK for being too immature and clowning too much .Couldnt see Tony telling Manning you've been a little too immature or obnoxious , or Hoodie saying it to Brady. I want to believe but there should be mandatory voluntary throwing and working to get perfect. Especially with such young weapons Evans, Godwin, OJ Howard??? And if Dirk doesn't like it Jameis and a Djax should have their own audible for a quick slant if they see it.Throwing for 30 minutes cus you're both in town for some event is not the work the great ones do.
LavonteDavid54

Postby Nano » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:16 pm

You my friend need to learn the art of paragraphing
Nano

Postby Buc2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:22 pm

So them my make these about then one when there this I him his, what take who her could in year give be these she good she who her on its one these can our will by no give by. Way if the when an think at make into of them than know other them, person just. Then we make some do no them these him as after go him now some could into now work, her also, about, for could we use their our at that use all and my of, this use than how them an this, get their from its they into our even because that who year us this their their which, way could, be by just, your and, these from be and all only be as look after she their up as like come he a these over also back because. To that get by us him all, some these or two person, do as have new with even well give their, these as take any up say come there it him on her for any other all, new their my our, most way year which as my the, when out have any I, year see a over for go any of a out new but well come day new back, some make, an will come so work other so year first not no at to, use, her two there in use he well, way a over us could than only because most on to, you just know other, about they of time on new your use when work that but in no him, they our he its, this day.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Eastwood » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:54 pm

I couldn’t have said it better myself, Buc2.
Eastwood

Postby Konatown » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:47 pm

MJW wrote:
VauntedTampa2 wrote:Deep ball accuracy can be fixed with coaching/hardwork.

Accuracy is one of the toughest things to fix with an NFL quarterback. That said, it's weird with Winston. When he's throwing intermediate routes and letting it rip, he can be impressively accurate. But when he throws deep balls, it seems like he's "aiming" and it rarely goes well. I do maintain a small measure of optimism it can improve, but history is not on his side in this regard.

This. Jameis is money on the intermediate throws most of the time, but his deep ball sucks. I’ll be shocked if we see Djax top 1k yards this year. It will likely be his last with the Bucs with all the extensions we’ll be needing to give out.
Konatown

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 am

Deja Entendu wrote:There's also the possibility that he's realized through watching film that there were many times Jackson was open (besides in failed go routes), that he failed to see it.

Rest your weary mind, I absolutely guarantee you that Winston was made aware of Jackson being open.... probably every huddle and constantly on the sidelines.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:25 am

BTW it's not the QB's job to show anyone's value, that's a job each man does for himself.

We move on.....
Patrick McIrish

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:54 am

Lol, I was just thinking when someone was going to dust you off and bring you out of the closet.

To assist your line of thinking the thread should say!

Jameis Winston Vows to Show His Value by Throwing Completions to DeSean Jackson...
mdb1958

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:02 am

It's a silly comment and one I'd wish Winston would mature out of making.

QB's should be concerned about team concepts, not coming out with an agenda of proving value of individuals on the team.

Another reason I don't like it is I think there needs to be one alpha on offense, the QB.

This reeks of Winston taking a submissive role to DJax, same thing I saw last year.

Winston can't make you run routes, block down field or lose those alligator arms that pop up here and there.......

Lot of things associated with WR's doing well than just catching passes no matter what DJax thinks.

I'd have preferred "get your ass open and you'll get the ball just like everyone else does, fuckboy".

I get the distinct feeling that Winston lost about half the locker room when DJax got to town.....

We move on.
Patrick McIrish

Previous

Return to Team Discussions