Why doesn't Jameis use his legs more?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Why doesn't Jameis use his legs more?

Postby Nano » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Nano

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 am

QB's that use their legs more tend to have short shelf life in the NFL.

And no, I don't see a pressing need to roll him out more either.

He's got the size you want to see over lineman and he has fairly good pocket presence. He's built to be a pocket passer and that's what wins in the NFL.

Most the greats in the game are pocket passing run as a last option type of QB, certainly those who last.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Buc2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:58 am

Patrick McIrish wrote:QB's that use their legs more tend to have short shelf life in the NFL.

He's got the size you want to see over lineman and he has fairly good pocket presence. He's built to be a pocket passer and that's what wins in the NFL.

Most the greats in the game are pocket passing run as a last option type of QB, certainly those who last.

And another thing we agree on. Wtf?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:59 am

Patrick McIrish wrote:QB's that use their legs more tend to have short shelf life in the NFL.

Yep.
Bootz2004

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:13 am

I'm not saying he should run for the sake of running. I'm just saying there's definitely a decent number of plays that he could use his legs and pick it up, that's all I'm saying. He had 33 actual rushes last year and picked up SIX first downs in doing so.If you look around the league guys like Wentz, Alex Smith each had over 60!And picked up 16,20 first downs respectively! I'm not even going to use the QB 's who usually do it as part of their game.I don't want him killed running like Vick or Cam but he definitely shouldn't have that much discrepancy compared to those two.Even Bortles had 56 attempts n picked up 16 1st downs.I am a Winston supporter, but no way looking at other QBS can you argue he does enough picking up what he can using his legs.
LavonteDavid54

Previous

Return to Team Discussions