Vernon Hargreaves: Nickel (bag) Corner

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Vernon Hargreaves: Nickel (bag) Corner

Postby BucaRican » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Naismith wrote:Man, this video is two years too late.

This...

To think if VHIII and Spence do not show significant progress this year, the 2016 draft will go down as a waste. (VH3, Spence, and Aguayo) yuck
BucaRican

Postby Doctor » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:32 pm

BucaRican wrote:

This...

To think if VHIII and Spence do not show significant progress this year, the 2016 draft will go down as a waste. (VH3, Spence, and Aguayo) yuck

The irony is how many wanted VH3 (myself included) some even thinking he wouldn't be there, and how many others wanted to draft Spence in the first. We got both and (thought) we solved out kicking woes for ten years... what a disappointment all around.

With that said it's still very early. I know the NFL is all about what you've done lately, but not every player starts hot and many don't even really get all that started until their second team. We already know that first hand ourselves. Let's be patient.
Doctor

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:36 pm

BucaRican wrote:

This...

Man if that happens, it'll be crazy how hot and cold Licht's drafting has been

2014: (cold) Mike Evans only decent player. (ASJ / Sims/ K.Edwards / Pamphile / Herron were others)
2015: (hot) all the picks from the first 4 rounds are starters (Winston, Smith, Marpet, Kwon)
2016: (cold) VH3 and Spence really need to show something this year or this draft will have been a complete waste
2017: (hot) looks already to be a great draft - Howard, Evans, Godwin, Beckwith all look to be great so far

we're in for a stinker fellas :)
beardmcdoug

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:37 pm

HA!
Deja Entendu

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Doctor wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
This...

The irony is how many wanted VH3 (myself included) some even thinking he wouldn't be there, and how many others wanted to draft Spence in the first. We got both and (thought) we solved out kicking woes for ten years... what a disappointment all around.

With that said it's still very early. I know the NFL is all about what you've done lately, but not every player starts hot and many don't even really get all that started until their second team. We already know that first hand ourselves. Let's be patient.

yeah, agreed
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:02 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
This...

2014: (cold) Mike Evans only decent player. (ASJ / Sims/ K.Edwards / Pamphile / Herron were others)
2015: (hot) all the picks from the first 4 rounds are starters (Winston, Smith, Marpet, Kwon)
2016: (cold) VH3 and Spence really need to show something this year or this draft will have been a complete waste
2017: (hot) looks already to be a great draft - Howard, Evans, Godwin, Beckwith all look to be great so far

I think ASJ was the right pick based on talent and potential. Just missed on the person he was. ASJ had an alcohol related incident in college and apparently was the same idiot. Looks like ASJ needed to be humbled b/c he seems to have **** together now.

Pamphile was good pick also considering he was a 5th rounder. 2014 wasn't a terrible class. Should've been better though.

If you can get 2 starters from every class you're doing better than average. 3+ and you're a superstar GM.

Also by your logic Doug Martin should've been great last season.
DreadNaught

Postby BucaRican » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:51 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
This...

Nice I never thought of it like that. Maybe we should keep trading back and not draft at all this yr. Stock pile for next yr at that rate. Odd number yrs seems to be Licht's thing.
BucaRican

Postby terrytate » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:15 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

I think ASJ was the right pick based on talent and potential. Just missed on the person he was. ASJ had an alcohol related incident in college and apparently was the same idiot. Looks like ASJ needed to be humbled b/c he seems to have **** together now.

Pamphile was good pick also considering he was a 5th rounder. 2014 wasn't a terrible class. Should've been better though.

If you can get 2 starters from every class you're doing better than average. 3+ and you're a superstar GM.

This.

ASJ looks like he might turn his franchise around now that he's been willing to get help with his problems. His on the field talent was there, he made some damned fine plays even while he was here. I was banging the drum pretty hard for him predraft, and for a bit it looked like he was what I hoped. As a fan, we couldn't really see the depth of his alcohol problem.
terrytate

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:46 pm

terrytate wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

This.

ASJ looks like he might turn his franchise around now that he's been willing to get help with his problems. His on the field talent was there, he made some damned fine plays even while he was here. I was banging the drum pretty hard for him predraft, and for a bit it looked like he was what I hoped. As a fan, we couldn't really see the depth of his alcohol problem.

Give me a break - what’s up with the sudden apologist attitudes regarding ASJ around here? Dude was a flat out second round bust. He’s a mental midget that has, until this point, not even come close to living up to his draft position or hype. Wake me when the guy gains more than 360 yards in a season.... yeah he *looked* like he was going to be good - but he wasn’t. And he still isn’t until he proves otherwise.
beardmcdoug

Postby terrytate » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:48 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
terrytate wrote:

This.

Give me a break - what’s up with the sudden apologist attitudes regarding ASJ around here? Dude was a flat out second round bust. He’s a mental midget that has, until this point, not even come close to living up to his draft position or hype. Wake me when the guy gains more than 360 yards in a season.... yeah he *looked* like he was going to be good - but he wasn’t. And he still isn’t until he proves otherwise.

Calm your tits. At no point did I say he wasn't a bust. He got a DUI like two hours before practice LOL. What I am saying is that the physical talent is there and he seems to have his act together well enough for the red hot Jags to sign him, plus he's still 25. He may yet have some life to his career, just like Mark Barron did.
terrytate

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:34 pm

terrytate wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

Calm your tits. At no point did I say he wasn't a bust. He got a DUI like two hours before practice LOL. What I am saying is that the physical talent is there and he seems to have his act together well enough for the red hot Jags to sign him, plus he's still 25. He may yet have some life to his career, just like Mark Barron did.

Lol
beardmcdoug

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 pm

And to think the other Day 2 high risk/reward TE of that draft was Travis Kelce...
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 pm

real bucs fan wrote:And to think the other Day 2 high risk/reward TE of that draft was Travis Kelce...

Kelce was the year before, bud.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:52 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:And to think the other Day 2 high risk/reward TE of that draft was Travis Kelce...

You're right, my bad. He was my guy that draft too.
real bucs fan

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:35 am

terrytate wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

Common theme represented by rwo words - after Tampa...
mdb1958

Postby Buc You » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 am

mdb1958 wrote:Common theme represented by rwo words - after Tampa...

When the ugliest girl doesn't wanna dance with you, you realize you need to correct some ****.
Buc You

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:31 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

You're right, my bad. He was my guy that draft too.

Apparently, the Bucs never draft "your guys." You must feel completely crushed at this point.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Caradoc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:39 am

Buc2 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:You're right, my bad. He was my guy that draft too.

Apparently, the Bucs never draft "your guys." You must feel completely crushed at this point.

Sooner or later we'll draft a running back. That'll hold him for a couple of years until he wants a new one.
Last edited by Caradoc on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caradoc

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:

Apparently, the Bucs never draft "your guys." You must feel completely crushed at this point.[/quote

Sooner or later we'll draft a running back. That'll hold him for a couple of years until he wants a new one.

Won't matter because....

It won't be the RIGHT running back.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:11 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Caradoc wrote:Apparently, the Bucs never draft "your guys." You must feel completely crushed at this point.[/quote

Won't matter because....

It won't be the RIGHT running back.

Yep. If we don't get 1 of the 3 elite RBs in this draft we're doomed.
Bootz2004

Postby Caradoc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:38 pm

Assuming we don't draft Barkley, are we able to predict who he will be crushing on next year yet?
Caradoc

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:59 pm

Caradoc wrote:Assuming we don't draft Barkley, are we able to predict who he will be crushing on next year yet?

Probably Bryce Love. I think he was crushing on Love before he decided to go back to college.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Buc2 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:You're right, my bad. He was my guy that draft too.

Mike Evans was my guy... so was OJ Howard... so was Chris Godwin... also Kwon Alexander...
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:03 pm

RBF makes sure each year he has a lot of guys to fall back on.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:RBF makes sure each year he has a lot of guys to fall back on.

Every year I'm pretty clear on who I like and don't like.
real bucs fan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:05 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Caradoc wrote:Assuming we don't draft Barkley, are we able to predict who he will be crushing on next year yet?

Probably Bryce Love. I think he was crushing on Love before he decided to go back to college.

Love and Damien Harris are going to be the top backs going into next year. Harris was my guy the same way Love was for you.

He'll be the Sony Michel of next year's class. Maybe have a Guise type season.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:15 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:RBF makes sure each year he has a lot of guys to fall back on.

Every year I'm pretty clear on who I like and don't like.

You like a lot of them.
Bootz2004

Postby Caradoc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:02 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Every year I'm pretty clear on who I like and don't like.

You like a lot of them.

So RBF likes a lot of young men. Nothing wrong with that. About what you expect from a vegan.
Caradoc

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:27 am

Caradoc wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
You like a lot of them.

So RBF likes a lot of young men. Nothing wrong with that. About what you expect from a vegan.

Considering how badly you're on my nuts, you shouldn't be throwing stones like that.
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:31 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Every year I'm pretty clear on who I like and don't like.

You like a lot of them.

I've also disliked prospects too, guys like McCaffery, Buckner, and Ebron...
real bucs fan

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions