Vernon Hargreaves: Nickel (bag) Corner

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Vernon Hargreaves: Nickel (bag) Corner

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:56 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Omg. stfu already.

Or what?

If you want to continue to sound stupid, there's nothing I can do to stop you. So, by all means, do continue.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby SIBucsFan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:57 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
SIBucsFan wrote:I don't think this would hold up as a "date stamp" if this video led to anything that could have repercussions against Hargreaves, but looking up the lyrics "I put a lil' ice on the flex" leads to a song called "Too Playa" by Migos, which it appears to have come out in 2018, based on when lyrics for the song were posted as well as its YouTube video.

I would love it if Goodell made that his reasoning for a suspension.

"I know that song, Vernon. Quavo let me hear it before it came out. 4 games and don't let it happen again."

I don't think I could even be mad if Goodell did this. It would probably be my all-time favorite suspension.
SIBucsFan

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:58 am

DreadNaught wrote:The NFL tests all players (not currently in the drug program for previous offenses) ONCE a year every April. This is to mainly to verify their hormone levels are not spiking (indicating PED usage) and for whatever other drugs that are on the testing panel (Weed included). Providing the player doesn't fail that test they are not tested again for weed. There are some very random tests the pop up during the season for individual players but I'm not sure weed is on that panel.

For an NFL player to fail an NFL drug test for weed means they don't give a **** about their career or have a real issue b/c they know when the test comes.

This video won't launch any investigation from the NFL. It's just a bad look.

Many players in the NFL smoke pot recreationally or for whatever ailment. I honestly don't even think the NFL office cares that much and it's more of PR stance until it's legalized nationally.

It's not.

According to Ryan Clark they receive up to 6 letters before the April drug test reminding them that it's the only test that test for Marijuana. He said those who fail are doing it intentionally or are just stupid.
uscbucsfan

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am

Buc2 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Or what?

If you want to continue to sound stupid, there's nothing I can do to stop you. So, by all means, do continue.

If by sound stupid you mean provide facts then guilty.
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am

Not sure if even the NFLPA would be mad at that
Nano

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:05 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:The NFL tests all players (not currently in the drug program for previous offenses) ONCE a year every April. This is to mainly to verify their hormone levels are not spiking (indicating PED usage) and for whatever other drugs that are on the testing panel (Weed included). Providing the player doesn't fail that test they are not tested again for weed. There are some very random tests the pop up during the season for individual players but I'm not sure weed is on that panel.

For an NFL player to fail an NFL drug test for weed means they don't give a **** about their career or have a real issue b/c they know when the test comes.

Many players in the NFL smoke pot recreationally or for whatever ailment. I honestly don't even think the NFL office cares that much and it's more of PR stance until it's legalized nationally.

It's not.

According to Ryan Clark they receive up to 6 letters before the April drug test reminding them that it's the only test that test for Marijuana. He said those who fail are doing it intentionally or are just stupid.

You and Dread ruined my fun for the month. I was hoping to extend this discussion/argument until the draft. Now the old cranks know that the league barely tests for weed. Thanks for nothing!
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:11 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:

It's not.

Thanks. I thought I had heard the same but wasn't 100% and was under the impression it's once a year for weed (April) and as long as don't fail that test you're in the clear until next April to consume all the weed you want.

This is why I have zero sympathy for the idiots that fail the drug test for weed and am so confused why fans direct their anger at the league. Just quit smoking pot for few weeks in April and you can smoke as much as you want the other 11 months.
DreadNaught

Postby Buccs99 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Just a little ice on the flex. whatever the **** that means.
Buccs99

Postby Caradoc » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:54 pm

Teitan wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:Is the average age of this board over 40?

I don’t think you are grasping why people care about this. I don’t think anyone nesecarrily cares that he’s smoking pot or agree with the NFL rules. But that it IS against their rules and the possible repercussions that could follow.

It's sad that this needs to be spelled out to some of the alleged adults here.
Caradoc

Postby Swashy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Be happy he's putting ice on the flex instead putting the ***** on the chain wax
Swashy

Postby Konatown » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:27 pm

NFL should check for weed annually every 4/21, see who really gives it up.
Konatown

Postby BucaRican » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:01 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
Ohh really? Let's not care about the NFL investigating another player on this team. Another first rounder at that.

Or why he lines up so far back off the line of scrimmage...

It's for smoking weed. If you want to go that route might as well investigate the entire league. Or are you one of those who believes players are law abiding citizens who do nothing wrong ever?

However bad the ban on weed maybe or how you think of weed, the league still considers it banned. We don't know what he is smoking neither does the league, but if it is weed we as fan should care. For people to brush it off as if they don't care is a straight up lie.

Last I checked the league does investigate the entire league, its called random drug testing. The stupid and most frustrating part of this is VH posting it on a social media site, it's straight up bonehead on his part.
BucaRican

Postby Doctor » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Explains his laid back play...
Doctor

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:20 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
Ohh really? Let's not care about the NFL investigating another player on this team. Another first rounder at that.

The NFL is investigating if Hargreaves smoked weed in the past?

He played in Gainesville, he's smoked A LOT of weed, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on
EastBayBucsFan

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm

It's not April yet, he still has time to show if he's a total dipshit or not.
Deja Entendu

Postby MJW » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:41 pm

BucaRican wrote:
However bad the ban on weed maybe or how you think of weed, the league still considers it banned.

This, and it's all that really matters. The league determines who gets to play and who doesn't. They have decided players who smoke weed don't get to play. Our player getting caught on camera smoking it is all they need to decide he doesn't get to play.

It isn't any more complicated than that.
MJW

Postby deltbucs » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:46 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
BucaRican wrote:

The NFL is investigating if Hargreaves smoked weed in the past?

As opposed to an investigation about him smoking weed in the future?

deltbucs

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:46 pm

MJW wrote:
BucaRican wrote:
However bad the ban on weed maybe or how you think of weed, the league still considers it banned.

This, and it's all that really matters. The league determines who gets to play and who doesn't. They have decided players who smoke weed don't get to play. Our player getting caught on camera smoking it is all they need to decide he doesn't get to play.

If that were the case there would be no NFL.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:52 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

Every workplace has rules. Those rules get broken. Not everyone gets caught. You know who does? People who break rules on video that gets back to their employer.

The NFL might be hypocrites, but handing them a video of the dude smoking sort of forces their hands.
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:00 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Every workplace has rules. Those rules get broken. Not everyone gets caught. You know who does? People who break rules on video that gets back to their employer.

The NFL might be hypocrites, but handing them a video of the dude smoking sort of forces their hands.

If he fails a drug test, then you will have a point. If not, it's irrelevant. Much like Beckham being in the video with the lines of coke, this doesn't stick without a failed test. If he says there's no marijuana in the cigarette he's smoking, how are they going to prove it?
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:06 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

If he fails a drug test, then you will have a point. If not, it's irrelevant. Much like Beckham being in the video with the lines of coke, this doesn't stick without a failed test. If he says there's no marijuana in the cigarette he's smoking, how are they going to prove it?

You might be correct, though he just moved himself way up the line for testing.

Also, we're both assuming they'll follow some sort of reasonable protocol and not simply react. That's sort of been Goodell's MO. Lotta guys have been suspended with "incomplete" evidence against them.

I couldn't care less about what VHIII or anybody else smokes. But I don't think for a second the league isn't coming after him. Bad looks bother Goodell more than bad acts.
MJW

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:15 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Also, we're both assuming they'll follow some sort of reasonable protocol and not simply react. That's sort of been Goodell's MO. Lotta guys have been suspended with "incomplete" evidence against them.

I couldn't care less about what VHIII or anybody else smokes. But I don't think for a second the league isn't coming after him. Bad looks bother Goodell more than bad acts.

So Hargreaves will be drug tested outside of the normal window players are tested within?
PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:25 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

All of this is made up in your mind.
Bootz2004

Postby Rocker » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:31 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
MJW wrote:

So Hargreaves will be drug tested outside of the normal window players are tested within?

If memory serves, under the CBA he can’t be “randomly” tested during the off-season; but only a fool would think that the “random” screening process won’t miss his name during the season.

Side note: Caught a contact high when I was a young sailor at a Nine Inch Nails concert. Freaked out. Spoke to my chain of command about the incident. I was “randomly” selected by Big Navy’s drug screening board eleven times in six weeks. Food for thought.
Rocker

Postby Rocker » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:34 am

Random thought just popped into my head. Does anyone else find it amusing that Bootz is brushing off this incident; when he has such a well established line that anyone that’s done drugs is a junkie, worthless human being, second class citizen, beyond redemption, etc?
Rocker

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:35 am

Rocker wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

If memory serves, under the CBA he can’t be “randomly” tested during the off-season; but only a fool would think that the “random” screening process won’t miss his name during the season.

More speculation.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:03 am

Rocker wrote:Random thought just popped into my head. Does anyone else find it amusing that Bootz is brushing off this incident; when he has such a well established line that anyone that’s done drugs is a junkie, worthless human being, second class citizen, beyond redemption, etc?

Okay. Prove to me that weed is what he's smoking. I'll wait.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:21 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

Which part are you arguing with?

That the league is going to test him soon, if they haven't already?
That Roger Goodell wouldn't dream of suspending a player simply for optics?
That I should care what people smoke?
Or that the league is NOT going to pretend this video doesn't exist?
MJW

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:19 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

OBJ hasn't been punished . When has Goodell suspended a player for a picture, video, or suspicion of smoking weed? Tunsil? OBJ? Desean Jackson?

The league has shown in the past that unless you fail your drug test, are arrested,or try to cheat on the drug test they don't really care.

I'd agree that Goodell can be a wild card, but history says unless he fails his test, he'll be fine.

Edit: I see in another thread you say an OBJ suspension is coming. Where did you hear that from? Schefter, Mort, and anyone else that has "insider" info don't think so. What is your source?
uscbucsfan

Postby MJW » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:38 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
MJW wrote:

OBJ hasn't been punished . When has Goodell suspended a player for a picture, video, or suspicion of smoking weed? Tunsil? OBJ? Desean Jackson?

The league has shown in the past that unless you fail your drug test, are arrested,or try to cheat on the drug test they don't really care.

I'd agree that Goodell can be a wild card, but history says unless he fails his test, he'll be fine.

Edit: I see in another thread you say an OBJ suspension is coming. Where did you hear that from? Schefter, Mort, and anyone else that has "insider" info don't think so. What is your source?

Tunsil was before he was in the league. OBJ, we haven't heard yet. I don't know about the Jackson case you're referring to.

I didn't say he would be suspended, just that he could be suspended. And he can. And it's something a team should consider before trading two 1st round picks. Less about this suspension, but the one after this could be ten games, or all season.
MJW

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions