Michael Bennett: Indicted

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Michael Bennett: Indicted

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:11 am

DreadNaught wrote:
RobR wrote:
You’re genuinely unsure why an incident where someone killed 17 people is getting more news coverage than an incident where someone killed one person? But yknow, other people and their agendas eh..

I missed the part where he said "more coverage". I read that as one story was everywhere while a similar incident was pretty much dismissed because it didn't check the boxes of a specific agenda.

I think it's just one incident was carried through, the other was stopped.
real bucs fan

Postby RobR » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:11 am

DreadNaught wrote:
RobR wrote:
You’re genuinely unsure why an incident where someone killed 17 people is getting more news coverage than an incident where someone killed one person? But yknow, other people and their agendas eh..

I missed the part where he said "more coverage". I read that as one story was everywhere while a similar incident was pretty much dismissed because it didn't check the boxes of a specific agenda.

I’m gonna presume I’m missing something here and bow out.
RobR

Postby NYBF » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:57 am

RobR wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I’m gonna presume I’m missing something here and bow out.

What you're missing is the fact that those two think dead kids are something we should just have to deal with. You're also missing the fact that they live in caves, because the MD story has been in the news every day still.
NYBF

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:40 pm

terrytate wrote:
Wesmon wrote:
Except it didn't happen that way.
Schiano himself said he really wanted Bennett to stay. Bennett hated Schiano and refused to play here. He even slagged off Schiano in the press after he left to Seattle.

Someone here didn't want to pay him. As I recall, we didn't even offer him a contract. I have slept since then, so my memory could be foggy.

It came down to the fact that we used our 1st and 2nd round picks on Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers the year before and they didn't want to pay Bennett a veteran starter salary when they expected two young players on rookie deals to take those roles. Obviously Bowers was an epic bust and Clayborn was just mediocre and we look like morons now, but that was the thought process in letting him walk.
Miller4Prez64

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:
terrytate wrote:

Someone here didn't want to pay him. As I recall, we didn't even offer him a contract. I have slept since then, so my memory could be foggy.

It came down to the fact that we used our 1st and 2nd round picks on Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers the year before and they didn't want to pay Bennett a veteran starter salary when they expected two young players on rookie deals to take those roles. Obviously Bowers was an epic bust and Clayborn was just mediocre and we look like morons now, but that was the thought process in letting him walk.

Ya, that's how I remember it.
real bucs fan

Postby Sammich » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:20 pm

Bennett also had shoulder concerns. At this point he obviously got over it, but at the time it looked like he may not.
Sammich

Previous

Return to Team Discussions