Bucs sign Jensen

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Bucs sign Jensen

Postby Caradoc » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:31 am

Ken Carson wrote:
terrytate wrote:
Tell me, where did you get your medical degree?

Funny thing is that neuroscientists don’t hoard findings as special secrets only for medical professionals. There is this thing called the Internet (personally, I think it’s a fad) where a large repository of information is available. You should look into it.

The only “laboratory” that came up with that .25 seconds bullshit is the one at the university of Ken Carson’s asz, as that is clearly where you pulled it from. Calling something science doesn’t make it science. If human reactions were really that slow no baseball player would ever hit a ball, no boxer slip a punch, no tennis player volley, no layup rejected, hockey scores would be in the high double digits and ping pong would be impossible. You act like nobody here has ever played a sport by it’s clear you are the one who hasn’t. Anyone who has played a sport at any level knows you are moving, thinking, and reactingfar faster than that. Hell, anyone who has had a kid or pet suddenly run out in front of him knows their body reacts faster than a quarter of a second.
Caradoc

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:04 am

Nice signing. Solidifying the o-line is huge for a young QB.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:10 am

Caradoc wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Funny thing is that neuroscientists don’t hoard findings as special secrets only for medical professionals. There is this thing called the Internet (personally, I think it’s a fad) where a large repository of information is available. You should look into it.

The only “laboratory” that came up with that .25 seconds bullshit is the one at the university of Ken Carson’s asz, as that is clearly where you pulled it from. Calling something science doesn’t make it science. If human reactions were really that slow no baseball player would ever hit a ball, no boxer slip a punch, no tennis player volley, no layup rejected, hockey scores would be in the high double digits and ping pong would be impossible. You act like nobody here has ever played a sport by it’s clear you are the one who hasn’t. Anyone who has played a sport at any level knows you are moving, thinking, and reactingfar faster than that. Hell, anyone who has had a kid or pet suddenly run out in front of him knows their body reacts faster than a quarter of a second.

Glad you brought up baseball. Great analogy in some respects. A 100 mph fastball takes .412 seconds to get the plate. Elite hitters make contact about 80% of the time, meaning they swing and miss 20%, at pitches often traveling more slowly. If the ability to react was so cut and dried, why would an elite hitter ever swing and miss? Of course, it’s because the batter is swinging where he ‘thinks’ the ball will be when it gets to the plate, as it is a moving target.

Let’s compare that to the situation at hand. Alonso is moving from the 7, Flacco from the 14 when he starts his slide. So the distance is 21 feet. Alonso is traveling a roughly 18 mph at top speed, while we will give Flacco 12 mph or round numbers sake. So a combined mph speed of 30 mph over a distance of 21 feet. This converts to just south of a 90mph fastball, and a total reaction time of .45 seconds. Complicating matters is the fact that Flacco’s head drops from a height of 6’6” to about half that height in the span of .45 seconds. This is similar to a pitch moving through the zone throughout its trajectory towards home plate. So when Alonso begins his tackling motion (his brain does this before you can visually see his body react), Flacco’s head is not where it will eventually be.

Oh, and child please with the ‘child or pet’ nonsense. You are not an NFL linebacker moving at 18 mph, and your child or pet is not a 6’6” 260 lb moving target. You were also not thinking “hit that child or pet to stop a first down” up until .434 seconds before impact. I mean, come on dude.
Ken Carson

Postby Jason Bourne » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:41 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Cheb wrote:
Kiko doesn't need to stop his momentum, he only needs to alter it. Big difference.

If you're saying it's nigh-impossible to pull up from contact that shouldn't be made, or at least being able to minimize said contact, have fun with that.

I am saying he did minimize it. The target changed at the last second. Where he hit Flacco on the physical plane was the ‘right place’ (Flacco’ belly button) until it was the ‘wrong place’ (his head). There was a fraction of a second for him to react, and again, I say he did by not driving his forearm through Flacco’s head.

Yeah, he minimized it by balling up his fist and hitting Flacco in the head with his elbow ... great job cheap shot artist
Jason Bourne

Postby terrytate » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:42 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

Glad you brought up baseball. Great analogy in some respects. A 100 mph fastball takes .412 seconds to get the plate. Elite hitters make contact about 80% of the time, meaning they swing and miss 20%, at pitches often traveling more slowly. If the ability to react was so cut and dried, why would an elite hitter ever swing and miss? Of course, it’s because the batter is swinging where he ‘thinks’ the ball will be when it gets to the plate, as it is a moving target.

Let’s compare that to the situation at hand. Alonso is moving from the 7, Flacco from the 14 when he starts his slide. So the distance is 21 feet. Alonso is traveling a roughly 18 mph at top speed, while we will give Flacco 12 mph or round numbers sake. So a combined mph speed of 30 mph over a distance of 21 feet. This converts to just south of a 90mph fastball, and a total reaction time of .45 seconds. Complicating matters is the fact that Flacco’s head drops from a height of 6’6” to about half that height in the span of .45 seconds. This is similar to a pitch moving through the zone throughout its trajectory towards home plate. So when Alonso begins his tackling motion (his brain does this before you can visually see his body react), Flacco’s head is not where it will eventually be.

Oh, and child please with the ‘child or pet’ nonsense. You are not an NFL linebacker moving at 18 mph, and your child or pet is not a 6’6” 260 lb moving target. You were also not thinking “hit that child or pet to stop a first down” up until .434 seconds before impact. I mean, come on dude

So far as I know, you aren't an NFL linebacker either, nor a neurosurgeon. I laugh at you because you are trying to make something I've seen done countless times out to be impossible, because you read something on the internet.

Your math fails because it does not account for anticipation and experience. These guys have been playing football for a long time. A LB in that situation knows that Flacco is almost certainly going to slide in there. The NFL has made it plain to them that hits on a QB like this are unacceptable, and I'd bet you can find a number of videos where Kiko did pull up in the exact same situation.

So please, stop acting like you have advanced knowledge that no one else possess.
terrytate

Postby NYBF » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:55 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

Because a fastball has lateral movement, downward movement, plus the Magnus effect. A fastball on a string gets hit far closer to 100% of the time. because you know where it's going to be.
NYBF

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:32 pm

NYBF wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:

Because a fastball has lateral movement, downward movement, plus the Magnus effect. A fastball on a string gets hit far closer to 100% of the time. because you know where it's going to be.

So the movement of a fastball would be more predictable than, say the movement of a running and sliding human being's head?
Ken Carson

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:37 pm

terrytate wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:

Oh, and child please with the ‘child or pet’ nonsense. You are not an NFL linebacker moving at 18 mph, and your child or pet is not a 6’6” 260 lb moving target. You were also not thinking “hit that child or pet to stop a first down” up until .434 seconds before impact. I mean, come on dude

So far as I know, you aren't an NFL linebacker either, nor a neurosurgeon. I laugh at you because you are trying to make something I've seen done countless times out to be impossible, because you read something on the internet.

Your math fails because it does not account for anticipation and experience. These guys have been playing football for a long time. A LB in that situation knows that Flacco is almost certainly going to slide in there. The NFL has made it plain to them that hits on a QB like this are unacceptable, and I'd bet you can find a number of videos where Kiko did pull up in the exact same situation.

So please, stop acting like you have advanced knowledge that no one else possess.

No, a dude on his couch 'knows' the QB is going to slide there after the play has happened and he has the benefit of hind-sight.

A guy in the throes of athletic competition, who is used to tackling anything that moves towards a first down maker, isn't going to be thinking, 'You know, it'd be great to prevent this first down, but the league has been far more strict about the way hits to quarterbacks are penalized. And, in my experience, QBs frequently stop short of first down yardage with slides instead of picking up first downs, so I should probably ratchet it down in case he goes to the ground at the last second.' It's going to be 'Must stop first down.'
Ken Carson

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:39 pm

Does Kiko have a history of being dirty? Serious question.

He's had to of been in the same situation before, right?
VauntedTampa2

Postby terrytate » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
terrytate wrote:

No, a dude on his couch 'knows' the QB is going to slide there after the play has happened and he has the benefit of hind-sight.

A guy in the throes of athletic competition, who is used to tackling anything that moves towards a first down maker, isn't going to be thinking, 'You know, it'd be great to prevent this first down, but the league has been far more strict about the way hits to quarterbacks are penalized. And, in my experience, QBs frequently stop short of first down yardage with slides instead of picking up first downs, so I should probably ratchet it down in case he goes to the ground at the last second.' It's going to be 'Must stop first down.'

Well, let's look at this logically.

1. It was a direct shot to the head.

2. Kiko adjusted to hit the falling Flacco, clearly showing that not only were his reflexes up to par and there was a choice not to pull up.

3. Flacco's ass was on the ground. Are you telling me that 6'6" Flacco can go from a flat out run to sliding on his ass faster than a LB can lift his shoulder 6 inches?
terrytate

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Riddle me this, what is harder to do?

- Stop all your downward momentum and raise yourself up

OR

- Go with your forward momentum and fall to the ground
Ken Carson

Postby NYBF » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:09 pm

What's harder to do?

Play a physicist / neurosurgeon on the internet?

Or

Realize that absolutely no one is suggesting he matrix himself into a complete stop?
NYBF

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:12 am

This has to be the single most boring discussion I've ever witnessed. Jesus. :lol:
real bucs fan

Postby acmillis » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:14 am

real bucs fan wrote:This has to be the single most boring discussion I've ever witnessed. Jesus. :lol:

acmillis

Postby MJW » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:39 am

Ken Carson wrote:
MJW wrote:
Okay, with a lead-in like that, I'm sure you're ready to provide raw data.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=choice+reaction+time+football

You literally claimed that your were arguing from the perspective of neuroscience.

Show us the neuroscience.
MJW

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:50 am

On that page alone there are several sources that have compiled data on reaction times during laboratory tests. Do you need me to fly to Nebraska and read them to you?
Ken Carson

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:50 am

Is this still going on?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:51 am

NYBF wrote:What's harder to do?

Play a physicist / neurosurgeon on the internet?

Or

Realize that absolutely no one is suggesting he matrix himself into a complete stop?

It is also a lot easier to argue points you wish someone made vs the ones they actually did.
Ken Carson

Postby Selmon Rules » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:15 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Is this still going on?

Not sure which is the most ridiculous argument right now on board... This or the one in JPP thread
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:33 am

Selmon Rules wrote:

Not sure which is the most ridiculous argument right now on board... This or the one in JPP thread

This , it’s like people want to just keep saying stupid stuff to keep it going
Jason Bourne

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:52 am

Selmon Rules wrote:

This one by far.
PrimeMinister

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:18 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:Not sure which is the most ridiculous argument right now on board... This or the one in JPP thread

That’s basically the internet in a nutshell. Deal with it.
Ken Carson

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:20 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

That’s basically the internet in a nutshell. Deal with it.

Don’t tell me what to do
Jason Bourne

Postby Sammich » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:26 pm

NYBF wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:

That's exactly the point. A baseball only moves off of a line a few inches over the course of 60 feet and professionals still miss it. A ball carrier's head moves a few feet over the course of a few feet. People are going to miss it- or fail to miss it as is the point of the debate. If QBs don't want to get hit they need to slide soon enough to give the defender a chance to react.

In the case of Kiko- could he have done less? Probably. Could he have avoided Flacco entirely? I don't think so. I would assume he figured he was going to get penalized anyway, so he might as well earn it. I would be willing to bet most of us make that same decision.
Sammich

Postby Sammich » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:That’s basically the internet in a nutshell. Deal with it.

Don’t tell me what to do

You're not the boss of me.
Sammich

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:45 pm

Sammich wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

Don’t tell me what to do

Lol
Jason Bourne

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Sammich wrote:

Lol

I'll give you something to laugh about!.....wait.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Sammich » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:17 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Lol

I'll give you something to laugh about!.....wait.

You're not my real dad!
Sammich

Previous

Return to Team Discussions