Bucs sign Jensen

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Bucs sign Jensen

Postby theBKwhopper » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:46 pm

That video actually made me like him more. Lol
theBKwhopper

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Image

I'm not getting near enough work done.

If that was supposed to be me, you did it wrong.

I'm not getting much work done today either.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Man Suh made him look like a rag doll.

You mean while he was still on one knee and off balance as he was getting up after slamming Kiko into the turf? I could have knocked him over at that point. Not sure of your point.

Jensen?

All that video did was make me wish we had more dudes like Kiko Alonzo on this team...
Super K

Postby terrytate » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Super K wrote:
Buc2 wrote:You mean while he was still on one knee and off balance as he was getting up after slamming Kiko into the turf? I could have knocked him over at that point. Not sure of your point.

Jensen?

All that video did was make me wish we had more dudes like Kiko Alonzo on this team...

Guys that take cheap shots, draw big penalties and get fined/suspended? You must have been a big fan of Dante Wesley too.
terrytate

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:31 pm

terrytate wrote:
Super K wrote:

Jensen?

Guys that take cheap shots, draw big penalties and get fined/suspended? You must have been a big fan of Dante Wesley too.

He means more guys not afraid to send a message during the play. I think what Alonso did was dirty and uncalled for but at the least it was during the play. So called tough guys who do stuff after the whistle has been blown, like Jensen did on this play, are more often than not soft. If you're a bad ass hit somebody during the play straight up. Not in their back after the whistle has been blown. Evans is in the same group. Fake tough guys. Nothing wrong with that but it's not something to get excited about.
Bootz2004

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
terrytate wrote:

He means more guys not afraid to send a message during the play. I think what Alonso did was dirty and uncalled for but at the least it was during the play. So called tough guys who do stuff after the whistle has been blown, like Jensen did on this play, are more often than not soft. If you're a bad ass hit somebody during the play straight up. Not in their back after the whistle has been blown. Evans is in the same group. Fake tough guys. Nothing wrong with that but it's not something to get excited about.

Bingo...
Super K

Postby Caradoc » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:03 pm

If by "bingo" you mean "opposite of reality" or "more contrarian Bootsie nonsense", then yeah, "bingo"
Caradoc

Postby MJW » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
terrytate wrote:

Yeah, I hate it when offensive linemen refuse to hit people during a play. It's almost impossible for them to be good blockers without physical contact. Don't they learn that in high school?
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:22 pm

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Yeah, I hate it when offensive linemen refuse to hit people during a play. It's almost impossible for them to be good blockers without physical contact. Don't they learn that in high school?

Remember that time you told me I shouldn't try so hard? Pot meet kettle, sweetie.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

Remember that time you told me I shouldn't try so hard? Pot meet kettle, sweetie.

You mean try hard like stating that Jensen is a center who apparently doesn't hit people during plays or nah
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:58 pm

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

You mean try hard like stating that Jensen is a center who apparently doesn't hit people during plays or nah

Pot.......Kettle.
Bootz2004

Postby NYBF » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
He means more guys not afraid to send a message during the play. I think what Alonso did was dirty and uncalled for but at the least it was during the play.

QB was already sliding, giving himself up. Play is over. That's why it was a penalty.
NYBF

Postby MJW » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:08 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

Pot.......Kettle.

Surrender.......noted.
MJW

Postby terrytate » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:12 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
terrytate wrote:

In another situation, I might agree. But I respect an Olineman who loses his **** when he sees someone take an egregious cheap shot on his QB. Had that been the Bucs and Jameis, I'd want someone from our line to powerbomb the offending party.
Last edited by terrytate on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
terrytate

Postby MJW » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:20 am

terrytate wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

In another situation, I might agree. But I respect an Olineman who is as his **** when he sees someone take an egregious cheap shot on his QB. Had that been the Bucs and Jameis, I'd want someone from our line to powerbomb the offending party.

If your QB gets wiped out on a flagrant cheap shot and your linemen jog back to the huddle, that has nothing to do with whether your linemen are "tough" or "fake tough" or whatever the crap. But it says a lot about what they think of their QB.
MJW

Postby theBKwhopper » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:31 am

terrytate wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

In another situation, I might agree. But I respect an Olineman who loses his **** when he sees someone take an egregious cheap shot on his QB. Had that been the Bucs and Jameis, I'd want someone from our line to powerbomb the offending party.

Agreed.
theBKwhopper

Postby Cheb » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:17 am

MJW wrote:
terrytate wrote:
In another situation, I might agree. But I respect an Olineman who is as his **** when he sees someone take an egregious cheap shot on his QB. Had that been the Bucs and Jameis, I'd want someone from our line to powerbomb the offending party.

If your QB gets wiped out on a flagrant cheap shot and your linemen jog back to the huddle, that has nothing to do with whether your linemen are "tough" or "fake tough" or whatever the crap. But it says a lot about what they think of their QB.

Wisdom
Cheb

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:16 am

terrytate wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

lmao something about that string of words
beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:20 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
terrytate wrote:

For the uninitiated

Mountaineer Buc

Postby Super K » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:33 am

You guys are funny...defending, applauding Jensen for his defensive actions (which I'm perfectly fine with)...

Destroying Alonzo for his...

That hit on Flacco, imo..let me repeat IMO, was perfectly fine...

Dude had "just" started his slide so he could be protected and babied like diva NFL positions are nowadays...if he didn't want to get hit, maybe slide sooner?..oh yeah, he won't get the free yards if he did that..

**** that bullshit..

I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often, especially with QB being as important as it is to the game and team success...
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:39 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

For the uninitiated

I now know why he wore a mask
real bucs fan

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:40 am

Super K wrote:You guys are funny...defending, applauding Jensen for his defensive actions (which I'm perfectly fine with)...

Dude had "just" started his slide so he could be protected and babied like diva NFL positions are nowadays...if he didn't want to get hit, maybe slide sooner?..oh yeah, he won't get the free yards if he did that..

**** that bullshit..

I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often, especially with QB being as important as it is to the game and team success...

hit to head was obvious even if he didnt slide, no reason to use a foreman to the head. cheap shot
Jason Bourne

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:41 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
For the uninitiated

I now know why he wore a mask

no one cared who he was until he put on the mask
beardmcdoug

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:58 am

I liked Jensen sticking up for his QB. It's the hockey mentality, if you put that knowledge that you are going to get smashed into opponents minds, they are less likely to take liberties.
real bucs fan

Postby terrytate » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:47 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

For the uninitiated

I always preferred this one.

terrytate

Postby MJW » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:58 am

Just so we're clear, that one dude slammed the other dude into the ground by driving his face into his crotch, then fully mounted him while a third man watched.

I can't imagine why people call wrestling gay.
MJW

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:28 am

Super K wrote:You guys are funny...defending, applauding Jensen for his defensive actions (which I'm perfectly fine with)...

**** that bullshit..

It doesn't matter if he "just" started his slide. Once a QB starts to slide the ball is placed where the he begins, not where he ends. Thus defenders should pull up and go over the top of sliding QBs.

Here is an easy way to judge it. If a QB is below you and has their feet in front (sliding position) the defender should avoid contact. Not only did Kiko not avoid contact, but he intentionally delivered a blow w/ his elbow to Flacco's head. That is a dirty play.

You know if Jameis or Fitzpatrick were sliding and caught an elbow to the helmet from an over aggressive defender your reaction would not be 'that was perfectly fine'.
DreadNaught

Postby Super K » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:38 am

DreadNaught wrote:

**** that bullshit..

It doesn't matter if he "just" started his slide. Once a QB starts to slide the ball is placed where the he begins, not where he ends. Thus defenders should pull up and go over the top of sliding QBs.

Here is an easy way to judge it. If a QB is below you and has their feet in front (sliding position) the defender should avoid contact. Not only did Kiko not avoid contact, but he intentionally delivered a blow w/ his elbow to Flacco's head. That is a dirty play.

You know if Jameis or Fitzpatrick were sliding and caught an elbow to the helmet from an over aggressive defender your reaction would not be 'that was perfectly fine'.

I am fully aware that the ball will be spotted where the slide starts, not where it ends...if you wanna be poo poo'd and not risk any contact, start your slide 2-3 yards earlier...QBs don't do that..hits like this would help to ensure they did..

And if this was JW (**** Fitzpatrick) I'd feel the same way...I would've been screaming for him to either get down SOONER or throw it away...

I totally get my thought process goes against the rules of the sport... actually, the current, modern rules of the sport...I don't really care..
Super K

Postby Cheb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:44 am

Super K wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I am fully aware that the ball will be spotted where the slide starts, not where it ends...if you wanna be poo poo'd and not risk any contact, start your slide 2-3 yards earlier...QBs don't do that..hits like this would help to ensure they did..

And if this was JW (**** Fitzpatrick) I'd feel the same way...I would've been screaming for him to either get down SOONER or throw it away...

I totally get my thought process goes against the rules of the sport... actually, the current, modern rules of the sport...I don't really care..

It was a dirty hit, outside of the framework of legal contact, on a runner who was in the process of giving himself up, not too dissimilar from a late hit out of bounds. Dirty plays happen in every era, and they are never a good thing.
Cheb

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:50 am

Super K wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

If you know the rules it safe to assume Kiko should know the rules also. There was zero reason for him throw his elbow out and that is why it's a dirty play.

I really don't understand how you can call the play "perfectly fine" while also acknowledging it's against the rules. Doesn't it have to be one or the other?
DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions