The Free Agency Thread

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: The Free Agency Thread

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:39 pm

We have had 6 day 1 or 2 d-line picks in the last 14 years. Dewayne White in 2003 would make 7 in 15 years.
mdb1958

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:42 pm

Boom
VauntedTampa2

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:45 pm

VauntedTampa2 wrote:Boom

Like a dad gum shock bang. Thx VT2
mdb1958

Postby MJW » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:52 pm

The Outsider wrote:It isn't a stellar group of receivers but it isn't awful.

It often has been awful, though. Now it's not. That's the point. Not complicated for anyone but Bootz. Since the Moss/Stallworth era, it's been a collection of guys like Brandon Tate, the corpse of Deion Branch, the rotting corpse of Chad Johnson, the double-rotting corpse of Reggie Wayne, Brandon Lloyd, Kembrell Thompkins, Branon LaFell, Keshawn Martin, Aaron Dobson.

They had Welker and then Edelman doing Patriots things, racking up short yardage completions, but they haven't had anyone REMOTELY as dynamic on the perimeter as Kenny Britt or as physical as Jordan Matthews. Defenses will have to respect those guys. I'm not sure I can make it any clearer.
MJW

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:03 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
VauntedTampa2 wrote:Boom

Love you, Mdb.
VauntedTampa2

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:30 pm

VauntedTampa2 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

Love you, Mdb.

Prove it , show him how much
Jason Bourne

Postby LynchysKiss » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Keep it in your pants Matt Damon ....... you weird freaky instigaytor
LynchysKiss

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:05 pm

Teitan wrote:Eric Reid visiting Bengals. Strong chance of signing.

He had his visit, and it reportedly did NOT go too well. Brown supposedly grilled him on the protest.
Deja Entendu

Postby MJW » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
Teitan wrote:Eric Reid visiting Bengals. Strong chance of signing.

He had his visit, and it reportedly did NOT go too well. Brown supposedly grilled him on the protest.

I was talking about this with a friend RE: Kap and the Seahawks, but why would you even have him in the building if you didn't already know what his intentions were with the protests, and were fine with that one way or the other? It's not like the Bengals in particular would have been called out for not signing him like they are now.

It starts to sound like a jackass owner bringing a player in under false pretenses so he can wag a finger at him. That's a really bad look, especially when that owner is noted POS Mike Brown.
MJW

Postby Caradoc » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Poor Kaep, the victim again. What a ****ing reach.
Caradoc

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:49 pm

MJW wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

I was talking about this with a friend RE: Kap and the Seahawks, but why would you even have him in the building if you didn't already know what his intentions were with the protests, and were fine with that one way or the other? It's not like the Bengals in particular would have been called out for not signing him like they are now.

It starts to sound like a jackass owner bringing a player in under false pretenses so he can wag a finger at him. That's a really bad look, especially when that owner is noted POS Mike Brown.

I agree. Disagree all you want, but show some integrity.
theBKwhopper

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:50 pm

MJW wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

I don't know what was said between Kap and the Seahawks or Reid and Bengals so I won't speculate on the veracity of the discussions regarding protests and I 100% agree any discussions should be done in a professional manner.

But that said, NFL teams are well within their right as potential employers to vet this question out with these specific players. These players (Kap, Reid) have made the decision to protest on gameday while wearing the team uniform. Those actions reflect on the team regardless of what anybody thinks of the cause or protest itself.

Both Kap and Reid have made public statements they don't intend to continue kneeling with whatever new/next team. As a potential team interested in their services I'd certainly ask what their plans were. I'd let them we support them advocating for their causes and even provide assistance as we do with all of our players. However I'd ensure there was clarity on what plans/actions they intended while they were wearing the uniform on gameday.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:05 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
MJW wrote:

I don't know what was said between Kap and the Seahawks or Reid and Bengals so I won't speculate on the veracity of the discussions regarding protests and I 100% agree any discussions should be done in a professional manner.

But that said, NFL teams are well within their right as potential employers to vet this question out with these specific players. These players (Kap, Reid) have made the decision to protest on gameday while wearing the team uniform. Those actions reflect on the team regardless of what anybody thinks of the cause or protest itself.

Both Kap and Reid have made public statements they don't intend to continue kneeling with whatever new/next team. As a potential team interested in their services I'd certainly ask what their plans were. I'd let them we support them advocating for their causes and even provide assistance as we do with all of our players. However I'd ensure there was clarity on what plans/actions they intended while they were wearing the uniform on gameday.

Not just on game day, but any time they are representing the team in any official or non-official event (ie wearing their team jersey or in any other way to appear to be representing the team).
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Hatter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:31 am

NOT lobbying for CJ Anderson but did anyone hear why his trade to Miami was called off last minute?
Hatter

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:35 am

No
VauntedTampa2

Previous

Return to Team Discussions