To Suh or not to Suh

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

If Miami decides to trade Suh away, are you good with this or would you rather pass?

I'm absolutely on board.
23
66%
I'd rather pass and find our fix with the draft/other FA's
12
34%
 
Total votes : 35

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby The Outsider » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:31 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Eh, I did bad research on Siliga. And I'm not being defensive at all your post came off as pissy so I responded in kind.

Anyway, I've never said DT isn't a problem. It's just not the weakest position IMO. And I don't want Suh for a variety of reasons, among them his age, attitude, and cost. He's a scumbag.

We don't need another dominant DT, we need a dominant edge rusher, period.


It wasn't 'pissy' in any posters direction. Just that there is this prevailing oversight among a large portion of the fanbase that DT isn't a major concern currently on the Bucs roster. Obviously McCoy us a great player, but he's 1 guy thus DT is the "thinnest" position (I never stated "weakest").

If you/fans don't want to sign Suh b/c he's an ***hole/cost/etc, I can respect that and wasn't ever challenging that part.

I don't disagree those other areas (EDGE, CB, RB, etc) Cheb and you mentioned are also weak and/or thin areas on the roster. I've commented on them like many others. But as it relates to this thread and Cheb's justification that DT is not an area of need, I'm sorry, but that is a bad take.

Quit sprinkling estrogen in your weed, it's making you sensitive. :birdiedoublered:




MFW:

Image
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 3766
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:47 pm

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22733099/miami-dolphins-release-ndamukong-suh-lawrence-timmons

The Miami Dolphins are planning to release defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, league sources told ESPN's Jeff Darlington.

The team also has released veteran linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who signed with the team last offseason.

While the Dolphins could make the move as early as Monday, it likely will happen Wednesday, sources said.

Suh might have hinted at the upcoming move when he tweeted a video Monday morning in which he said "There will be some exciting things going on."


The Dolphins are moving on from Suh and Timmons as they continue their attempt at a culture change -- a plan that already led to the trades of wide receiver Jarvis Landry last week and running back Jay Ajayi in October.



DO IT LICHT!!!!!!

Image
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:40 am

I am 100% all good for bringing Suh in.... ESPECIALLY if we want to give more varied looks (3-4) on D...

As has been said ad nauseum, our DL talent is horrid, easily the worst position group on the team...we can't pass up a guy like Suh just because he's "30"..if that's the case, we should release Gmac on Wednesday too (or trade him etc, but you get what I mean)...

The worst part of our DL is our edge rush...we all giggled like school kids at the idea of potentially adding 2 players this offseason (DLaw and Ziggy)...they disappeared as is the norm for good edge players in FA...there are also no "saviors" for our edge in the draft...even the fabled Chubb is more of an effort guy, not the phenom type like Garrett, Clowney, Mario Williams etc have been coming out...

So, how do we fix the pass rush?...fix it from the INSIDE...

Sign Suh...put him at DE in our 3-4, just like Gmac on the other side...draft Vea to man the nose...

This gives our young (draftees: say a Dorance Armstrong or Lorenzo Carter) inexperienced (Spence) or miscast (LVD) edge players a fighting chance on the outside...

It also makes our DL much more massive and mean as all hell...

If we want to keep Gholston, he can sub in Suh or Gmac, Stevie T can sub for Vea, Suh can sub for Vea, Gholston can play DE when we slide to a 4-3 etc...

Bash it if you want, but if we want a damn passrush we are going to have to do something MUCH different than running our same ol 4-3 and waiting, praying, hoping that our next version of Simeon Rice walks through the doors of One Buc via FA or the draft..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6741
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby RobR » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 am

If there are no guarantees past the 2nd year then there's really no reason why not (unless you have genuine concerns about him being a toxic character in the locker room). We aren't going to have cap issues for a few years even if we sign Suh.
RobR
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:23 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby Rocker » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:21 am

Super K,

Do you REALLY believe one of the best 4-3 linebackers in the NFL has been “miscast?” Seriously?
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3317
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Valrico
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 175 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:41 am

Rocker wrote:Super K,

Do you REALLY believe one of the best 4-3 linebackers in the NFL has been “miscast?” Seriously?


Meaning he'd be miscast as an OLB in a 3-4.....

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, it was real damn early..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6741
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby Rocker » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:20 am

Super K wrote:
Rocker wrote:Super K,

Do you REALLY believe one of the best 4-3 linebackers in the NFL has been “miscast?” Seriously?


Meaning he'd be miscast as an OLB in a 3-4.....

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, it was real damn early..


That makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3317
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Valrico
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 175 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby BucaRican » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:24 pm

The fact he is visiting LA and has no scheduled visit here is a little upsetting. I really wished we showed some sort of interest even if we didn't land him. Really sucks
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby Hatter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:22 pm

I guess Im kinda happy, part of me would have definitely been "Yay" if we did get him but a part of me would have also been like "oh no, I hope we don't regret this..."
Him and Aaron Donald are gonna be scary to say the least. (if it happens that is)
Image
User avatar
Hatter
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Location: He Is Coming..
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby terrytate » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:06 pm

Hatter wrote:I guess Im kinda happy, part of me would have definitely been "Yay" if we did get him but a part of me would have also been like "oh no, I hope we don't regret this..."
Him and Aaron Donald are gonna be scary to say the least. (if it happens that is)



That's my take. It is very tempting to bang the drum for the guy but he is 31 and a ridiculously dirty player who is getting cut from a.mediocre team for no apparently reason
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2188
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby Doctor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:35 pm

terrytate wrote:
Hatter wrote:I guess Im kinda happy, part of me would have definitely been "Yay" if we did get him but a part of me would have also been like "oh no, I hope we don't regret this..."
Him and Aaron Donald are gonna be scary to say the least. (if it happens that is)



That's my take. It is very tempting to bang the drum for the guy but he is 31 and a ridiculously dirty player who is getting cut from a.mediocre team for no apparently reason

That last part is super concerning, but that's why you sit down with him. We didn't even do that. Maybe waiting for his market to cool?

Suh on the Rams would be naaaaaasty.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5030
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:53 pm

Doctor wrote:
terrytate wrote:

That's my take. It is very tempting to bang the drum for the guy but he is 31 and a ridiculously dirty player who is getting cut from a.mediocre team for no apparently reason

That last part is super concerning, but that's why you sit down with him. We didn't even do that. Maybe waiting for his market to cool?

Suh on the Rams would be naaaaaasty.


JFC if Suh goes to the Rams just go ahead and pencil them in for the NFCG
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Methinks Licht is trying to change the culture a bit with these FA signing and Suh doesn't fit that.

Curry, Allen, Griffin are all high effort, team guys. I'm not trying to be overly critical of Suh, but the fact is that an average team that doesn't have much depth at DT just agreed to eat $22m (spread over the next 2 seasons) for him NOT to be on the team. Suh is obviously a good-great player, so it has to be something in the lockeroom that they wanted to change. Whatever it was, Licht doesn't want any part of it. And I'm ok with that. As long as the Bucs draft a good EDGE rusher I the moves they've made.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 11707
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 479 times
Been thanked: 502 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby MJW » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:05 am

Suh canceled a visit with Chucky and the Raiders, which certainly makes it sound like he's decided between the Saints, Titans, and Rams.

The Rams are his best chance at a ring, methinks, but I'm wondering if they have the money to pay him like the Titans would. Plus, he'd have to play in a 34 for the first time in his life.

The Saints can offer him a 4-3 defense and a competitive team, but their cap situation sucks. I'm wondering how they can even scrape together a competitive offer.

The Titans have a lot of money and if they didn't make him the best offer, they don't really want him.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8297
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby Hatter » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:21 am



@RealLoganRyan
8h ago

@NdamukongSuh why pay the state of Cali half the check? 13% state tax way too high compared to 0% in TN. Most our division tax free as well & joining @Jurrellc @rak98 @DerrickMorgan91 sound like the Monstars!! Secondary is ballin everybody eats! Made my pitch @Titans! #TitanUp


Im saying he's going to Ten.
Image
User avatar
Hatter
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Location: He Is Coming..
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:20 am

DreadNaught wrote:Methinks Licht is trying to change the culture a bit with these FA signing and Suh doesn't fit that.

Curry, Allen, Griffin are all high effort, team guys. I'm not trying to be overly critical of Suh, but the fact is that an average team that doesn't have much depth at DT just agreed to eat $22m (spread over the next 2 seasons) for him NOT to be on the team. Suh is obviously a good-great player, so it has to be something in the lockeroom that they wanted to change. Whatever it was, Licht doesn't want any part of it. And I'm ok with that. As long as the Bucs draft a good EDGE rusher I the moves they've made.


I think what is happening in Miami is their head coach wants to get rid of players with personalities that he clashes with. Gase has been their head coach two seasons and he's clashed or had issues with the attitudes of Jay Ajayi (traded to the Eagles) and Jarvis Landry (traded to the Browns). They decided to part ways with Mike Pouncey and Ndamukong Suh, in part because they wouldn't take pay cuts, but apparently there were questions over their attitude and leadership. I can understand a coach wanting to change the culture in the locker room but in some ways it appears that Gase only wants players that toe the line rather than players that are individualistic like Landry and are willing to air their frustrations. Which is somewhat ironic considering Gase threw Ajayi under the bus after they traded him, then threw their entire offense under the bus weeks later, and has been willing to air his frustrations and openly criticize his players to the media.

Personally I wouldn't be concerned if our team looked at players they cut ties with because it seems to me that Gase can't handle those challenging personalities and find ways to connect with them and get the best out of them. As far as I'm concerned the best head coaches in the league - past and present - don't follow this method. They deal with those challenging personalities and find ways to get on board with the program. To date Gase hasn't really done that and if his boys don't work out this season he could soon be heading back to offensive coordinator duties on another team. This league is driven by talent and unless you can replicate what the Patriots do, you can't afford to start showing talented players the door especially when the team in question are fairly thin on pro bowl caliber talent.
Mike
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:50 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby theBKwhopper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:59 am

Hatter wrote:


@RealLoganRyan
8h ago

@NdamukongSuh why pay the state of Cali half the check? 13% state tax way too high compared to 0% in TN. Most our division tax free as well & joining @Jurrellc @rak98 @DerrickMorgan91 sound like the Monstars!! Secondary is ballin everybody eats! Made my pitch @Titans! #TitanUp


Im saying he's going to Ten.

Love the Space Jam reference!
User avatar
theBKwhopper
 
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:39 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Mike wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Methinks Licht is trying to change the culture a bit with these FA signing and Suh doesn't fit that.

Curry, Allen, Griffin are all high effort, team guys. I'm not trying to be overly critical of Suh, but the fact is that an average team that doesn't have much depth at DT just agreed to eat $22m (spread over the next 2 seasons) for him NOT to be on the team. Suh is obviously a good-great player, so it has to be something in the lockeroom that they wanted to change. Whatever it was, Licht doesn't want any part of it. And I'm ok with that. As long as the Bucs draft a good EDGE rusher I the moves they've made.


I think what is happening in Miami is their head coach wants to get rid of players with personalities that he clashes with. Gase has been their head coach two seasons and he's clashed or had issues with the attitudes of Jay Ajayi (traded to the Eagles) and Jarvis Landry (traded to the Browns). They decided to part ways with Mike Pouncey and Ndamukong Suh, in part because they wouldn't take pay cuts, but apparently there were questions over their attitude and leadership. I can understand a coach wanting to change the culture in the locker room but in some ways it appears that Gase only wants players that toe the line rather than players that are individualistic like Landry and are willing to air their frustrations. Which is somewhat ironic considering Gase threw Ajayi under the bus after they traded him, then threw their entire offense under the bus weeks later, and has been willing to air his frustrations and openly criticize his players to the media.

Personally I wouldn't be concerned if our team looked at players they cut ties with because it seems to me that Gase can't handle those challenging personalities and find ways to connect with them and get the best out of them. As far as I'm concerned the best head coaches in the league - past and present - don't follow this method. They deal with those challenging personalities and find ways to get on board with the program. To date Gase hasn't really done that and if his boys don't work out this season he could soon be heading back to offensive coordinator duties on another team. This league is driven by talent and unless you can replicate what the Patriots do, you can't afford to start showing talented players the door especially when the team in question are fairly thin on pro bowl caliber talent.


I agree with most of this. I just think trading Landry was more business than culture. Imo I think it's crazy to pay Landry among the top WRs in the game when doesn't make any opposing defense adjust to him. I get he catches alot of passes and is a solid RAC guy. But he never commands the top CB on the other team and he's a slot WR so he limits the personnel groupings since he's nothing but an average WR in a 2-WR set. Landry is Wes Welker imo. Good player and very productive, but will always be complimentary. Thus I can't justify him getting WR1 money. Defenses don't treat him as a WR1.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 11707
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 479 times
Been thanked: 502 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:07 pm

Supposedly the Jets have emerged as a serious suitor and are offering him the most money.
Miller4Prez64
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby theBKwhopper » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Wait, I thought he tweeted he was going to TEN???
User avatar
theBKwhopper
 
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:39 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby MJW » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:15 pm

This morning, Peter Schraeger on NFLN said he'd be shocked based on what he's hearing if Suh doesn't sign with...The Rams.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8297
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby MJW » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:16 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:Supposedly the Jets have emerged as a serious suitor and are offering him the most money.


I don't totally understand what the point of jettisoning Richardson and Wilkerson is if you're just going to sign another perpetual malcontent defensive lineman.

The Jets need to stop pretending they're a real team and rebuild.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8297
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Jets CEO Christopher Johnson told reporters at the NFL Owners Meetings the team has rescinded their offer to free agent Ndamukong Suh.
The Jets initially emerged as the top landing spot for Suh given their abundance of cap space. It's possible Suh was only using the Jets to leverage a larger offer from the Rams, who appear to now be the favorites to sign him. The Titans also remain in the mix.


This is good, Suh on the Jets just would've been a waste of time. I think he's destined for LA, big market with big time players and a stud QB on a rookie deal so they can afford to do this.
Miller4Prez64
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: To Suh or not to Suh

Postby acmillis » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:22 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:
Jets CEO Christopher Johnson told reporters at the NFL Owners Meetings the team has rescinded their offer to free agent Ndamukong Suh.
The Jets initially emerged as the top landing spot for Suh given their abundance of cap space. It's possible Suh was only using the Jets to leverage a larger offer from the Rams, who appear to now be the favorites to sign him. The Titans also remain in the mix.


This is good, Suh on the Jets just would've been a waste of time. I think he's destined for LA, big market with big time players and a stud QB on a rookie deal so they can afford to do this.

One good season and we're calling Goff a stud qb?!?!?
acmillis
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Previous

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bootz2004, IchabodCrane84, real bucs fan and 16 guests