Baker: CUT

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Baker: CUT

Postby Kress » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:21 pm

I don't like this thread anymore.
Kress

Postby theBKwhopper » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:51 am

Hahaha @Kress
theBKwhopper

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:53 am

75 Lambert, DaVonte DL 6-2 282 23 2 Auburn
93 McCoy, Gerald DT 6-4 300 29 8 Oklahoma
98 McDonald, Clinton DT 6-2 297 31 8 Memphis
96 Siliga, Sealver DT 6-2 345 27 5 Utah
97 Tu'ikolovatu, Stevie DT 6-1 320 26 R Southern California
mdb1958

Postby MJW » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:18 am

RedLeader wrote:
MJW wrote:
Yeah, you're right. Michael Johnson, Anthony Collins, Chris Baker, Josh McCown, Brand Myers, Alterraun Verner, Gosder Cherilus, Evan Smith...

****, watching Licht in free agency must have been how it felt to gaze heavenward as Da Vinci painted the Sistine Chapel.

*Michelangelo

MJW

Postby MJW » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:19 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:
So, because Licht knows the player he's about to sign is crap, and he structures their contracts for an easy out...that means he's doing a good job?

I dunno. I think maybe a good GM signs good players, so he can improve the roster? But I'm sure there's some reason that only a casual would think that way.

Crap? Your words not mine. I don't know why you try having conversation with me about these things. You're no where near smart enough to comprehend anything on the topics and you can't go without putting words in my mouth or fabricating. You'll never get it even as obvious as it is.

*nowhere
MJW

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:42 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Crap? Your words not mine. I don't know why you try having conversation with me about these things. You're no where near smart enough to comprehend anything on the topics and you can't go without putting words in my mouth or fabricating. You'll never get it even as obvious as it is.

*nowhere

*You'll never get it, even as obvious as it is.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Doctor » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:51 am

I wanted Poe>Baker last year. Eh, maybe a year late I'll get it.
Doctor

Postby MJW » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:42 am

Doctor wrote:I wanted Poe>Baker last year. Eh, maybe a year late I'll get it.

We have a tried and true formula at work.

1) We clamor for the top free agents, like every fanbase.
2) Licht shows everyone how clever he is by signing their K-Mart equivalents despite an ocean of cap room.
3) We talk ourselves into finding this clever, also, because we're fans and we want to be optimistic.
4) Like most things from K-Mart, the free agent we brought home was broken. No refunds.
5) We assume Licht will have learned something from all this and he won't do it again.
6) Proceed to point #1.
MJW

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:29 am

MJW wrote:

2) Licht shows everyone how clever he is by signing their K-Mart equivalents despite an ocean of cap room.
3) We talk ourselves into finding this clever, also, because we're fans and we want to be optimistic.
4) Like most things from K-Mart, the free agent we brought home was broken. No refunds.
5) We assume Licht will have learned something from all this and he won't do it again.
6) Proceed to point #1.

You’re hilariously depressingly accurate.
PrimeMinister

Postby Super K » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:43 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
MJW wrote:

6) Proceed to point #1.

You’re hilariously depressingly accurate.

Damn straight she is..
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:59 am

MJW wrote:

6) Proceed to point #1.

Hopefully Licht realizes that his ass is on the line and it's not the time to be a cheap MF.
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 am

To be fair Licht wasn’t cheap in signing DJax. That was one signing nearly the entire board was asking for before it happened. Winston’s crap deep ball is why the signing doesn’t look like a homerun.
PrimeMinister

Postby Super K » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:05 am

real bucs fan wrote:
MJW wrote:

6) Proceed to point #1.

Hopefully Licht realizes that his ass is on the line and it's not the time to be a cheap MF.

We just reupped Conte, so there's your answer...
Super K

Postby Rocker » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:06 am

PrimeMinister wrote:To be fair Licht wasn’t cheap in signing DJax. That was one signing nearly the entire board was asking for before it happened. Winston’s crap deep ball is why the signing doesn’t look like a homerun.

Forest for the trees, man. Forest for the trees.
Rocker

Postby Hatter » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:17 am

I admit it.. I'm one of those "optimistic fans". I saw Bakers tape, he had monstrous potential. I felt that he would be like.. "Yay a new home with a team that saw what I can do and basically was the highest bidder for me, they must really want me! So now let me go to my new home and BALL, become a name that goes down in the NFL annals that is remembered for YEARS.

How could a person with any smidgen of self respect go to a new job and seem to purposely under perform, to have such a piss poor attitude that even his team mates want him gone?

My hope is that whoever Licht sets his hopes on, whether its Suh or Poe or Wilkerson or whoever, that they come with an "I wanna finish my career and make it great in a Bucs uniform" attitude, not the kind of cheesy swagger attitude that Baker had.

I love this time of year, some don't. Even that "rumor" of McCoy being traded, I don't think it would happen but it had me thinking of the "what ifs" if it did go down.

FA always has me feeling like a kid with presents in front of him, wondering if I got anything good this year or just a bunch of clothes.
Hatter

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:32 pm

MJW wrote:

6) Proceed to point #1.

Licht doesn't get to decide on who signs with the team. You have no idea who he has tried to trade for, or sign in free agency. Doesn't mean your post is wrong, though.
VauntedTampa2

Postby Hatter » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Hatter

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:40 pm

So the Bengals signed Baker - 1yr 3 mill
Jason Bourne

Postby Doctor » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 am

VauntedTampa2 wrote:
MJW wrote:

6) Proceed to point #1.

Licht doesn't get to decide on who signs with the team. You have no idea who he has tried to trade for, or sign in free agency. Doesn't mean your post is wrong, though.

Kind of makes a fair point there. We've landed a lot of top guys before and JL has shown he isn't afraid to make big moves for the top guys, see Revis, Mankins, Michael Johnson, DJax. So if we are missing out on some top talent I really doubt it isn't because JL didn't shoot his shot, so much as the player went elsewhere as players often do.
Doctor

Postby MJW » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:41 am

Doctor wrote:
VauntedTampa2 wrote:Licht doesn't get to decide on who signs with the team. You have no idea who he has tried to trade for, or sign in free agency. Doesn't mean your post is wrong, though.

Kind of makes a fair point there. We've landed a lot of top guys before and JL has shown he isn't afraid to make big moves for the top guys, see Revis, Mankins, Michael Johnson, DJax. So if we are missing out on some top talent I really doubt it isn't because JL didn't shoot his shot, so much as the player went elsewhere as players often do.

Revis was Dom, wasn't he?
Mankins was 53 years old.
Paying top dollar for a guy coming off a 3 sack season doesn't make him a top free agent. It just means you overpaid.
Jackson...the jury is out. Right now I'd put his struggles more on Koetter refusing to use him as more than a deep threat.

Regardless, it's his job to evaluate these players, isn't it?
MJW

Postby Caradoc » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:34 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
MJW wrote:

6) Proceed to point #1.

Licht's ass is not remotely on the line. Fans exaggerate his missteps and hate that the team isn't winning, but his overall performance has been very good, and certainly is philosophically in line with what the Glazers want. Koetter/Smith may go, but Licht is safe.
Caradoc

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Caradoc wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Hopefully Licht realizes that his ass is on the line and it's not the time to be a cheap MF.

Licht's ass is not remotely on the line. Fans exaggerate his missteps and hate that the team isn't winning, but his overall performance has been very good, and certainly is philosophically in line with what the Glazers want. Koetter/Smith may go, but Licht is safe.

Another stinker of a year and he's gone. You think the Glazers are gonna give him a 3rd head coach? Come on.
real bucs fan

Postby MJW » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Caradoc wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Hopefully Licht realizes that his ass is on the line and it's not the time to be a cheap MF.

I agree he's safer than Koetter and his staff are.

I don't remotely agree he's safe.

A repeat of last year would mean we'd have finished dead last 4 times in Licht's 5 seasons. I don't think a B- draft record would save him, especially when measured against D- free agency record.
MJW

Postby Caradoc » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:04 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

Another stinker of a year and he's gone. You think the Glazers are gonna give him a 3rd head coach? Come on.

Licht has yet to pick a coach. What rock are you living under up there?
Caradoc

Postby Teitan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Caradoc wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Another stinker of a year and he's gone. You think the Glazers are gonna give him a 3rd head coach? Come on.

I mean, I’ll put Koetter under his belt. But yeah, he was hired after Lovie.
Teitan

Postby Caradoc » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Teitan wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

We have no reason not to believe that the Glazers fired Lovie because they were worried about Koetter leaving. I consider Koetter a Glazer hire.
Caradoc

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Teitan wrote:

We have no reason not to believe that the Glazers fired Lovie because they were worried about Koetter leaving. I consider Koetter a Glazer hire.

Jason Licht has all but admitted that the Lovie firing and Koetter hiring was a result of his year end meeting with the Glazers.

Doesn't matter though. Noones head should roll more than Lichts if we have another stinker of a season. The needs for this team are clear- address the run game and the pass rush. If he can't get at least one of those issues solved this offseason, shoot the ****er into space.
real bucs fan

Postby Teitan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:59 pm

If he drafts Carter and Penny in round 2 he won’t fix either of those things! :P
Teitan

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Teitan wrote:If he drafts Carter and Penny in round 2 he won’t fix either of those things! :P

Those 2 guys would definitely help address those issues. Just cuz you don't know who they are doesn't mean they aren't tremendous prospects.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:29 pm

Teitan wrote:If he drafts Carter and Penny in round 2 he won’t fix either of those things! :P

This x1000!
Bootz2004

Previous

Return to Team Discussions