Bucs raise Season Ticket prices

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Bucs raise Season Ticket prices

Postby MarineBuc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:46 am

That's it...I'm OUT!!

Our tickets went from $950 to $1300 a seat, I am offcially done. That pill would be a lot easier to swallow if the product on the field wasn't so lame. All of these years we have stuck with them and suffered through horrible football at the Den of Depression...and now for the third consecutive year, they want to raise prices. It has now become a matter of the $$$ not equaling the product.

29th in the league in attendance and you raise prices?? Seriously?? The worst part is that we didn't even hear it from the Bucs, I heard them talking about it on 620AM this morning...Ronnie and TKraz were talking about it.

Oh well.I just saved a ton of money...looks like the Bolts will start getting my sports money.
MarineBuc

Re: Bucs raise Season Ticket prices

Postby Hit55 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:27 am

Out of curiosity, where are your seats? I just got a text from my ticket rep yesterday letting me know I'm locked into last year's same price for my current seats.
Hit55

Postby MarineBuc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 am

Hit55 wrote:Out of curiosity, where are your seats? I just got a text from my ticket rep yesterday letting me know I'm locked into last year's same price for my current seats.

We sit in section 219.

I haven't heard a peep from my ticket rep...IF we are locked in at our price from 2017, we stay.

I will chatting with my ticket rep today
MarineBuc

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 am

That's what you expect when the team puts a ton of money into renovations and improving fan experience. Unfortunately though with a fairweather fanbase like this one this will be the typical response.
Last edited by Bootz2004 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz2004

Postby Teitan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:30 am

When mine jumped up a good but a couple years ago I canceled. Had a baby on the way so it was not a priority.
Teitan

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:34 am

Bootz2004 wrote:That's what you expect when the team puts a ton of money into renovations and improving dan experience. Unfortunately though with a fairweather fanbase like this one this will be the typical response.

To be fair, no one gives a **** about Dan's experience.
IchabodCrane84

Postby Nano » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:38 am

Glazers do...
Nano

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:44 am

Teitan wrote:When mine jumped up a good but a couple years ago I canceled. Had a baby on the way so it was not a priority.

We probably won't renew. Not really a price issue since we had alteady made the decision along with Bucs tix still being among the bottom tier in the NFL. But we have a 2yr old and will have another on the way (hopefully) by the time football season is here. Sunday is our only day off together and we'd rather spend it together.

Season passes have become too much of a commitment and I don't want to deal with having to re-sell the tix or eating the loss on games we can't/don't feel like going to.

As a condition of not renewing I got the Mrs. to agree to a new 75" TV.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby MarineBuc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:45 am

Bootz2004 wrote:That's what you expect when the team puts a ton of money into renovations and improving fan experience. Unfortunately though with a fairweather fanbase like this one this will be the typical response.

Hahaha...that's a good corporate answer.

You can't shine a turd without getting **** on the rag. They have have put in incredible new screens...other than that, what have they done to improve the "fan experience"? Seriously...they "upgraded" the consessions, which you stand in line for and miss huge chunks of the game, they continue to raise prices for consessions, and the single most important factor (THE TEAM) has been average to below average for the better part of 10 years.

Spare me the bullshit of fairweather fan...I have spent a great deal of money on this team...sometimes, enough is enough. Like I said, 29th in attendance last year...gonna worse before it gets better.
MarineBuc

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:20 am

Marine, With the 4 new premium clubs all sold out in Ray Jay it's already getting better. They'll gladly substitute your $1300 seat for a $5000 Hall of fame club spot. That's the reality unfortunately. And yes this is a fairweather fanbase. The Browns pull better attendance.
Bootz2004

Postby MarineBuc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:14 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Marine, With the 4 new premium clubs all sold out in Ray Jay it's already getting better. They'll gladly substitute your $1300 seat for a $5000 Hall of fame club spot. That's the reality unfortunately. And yes this is a fairweather fanbase. The Browns pull better attendance.

Oh, I get it. I give up my 3 $1300 seats and they don't bat an eye...but I doubt I will be the only one. I know for a fact that at least 3 other "families" are walking away. Maybe not this year...my ticket rep told me we are good to go for next year sans the price increase. BUT, if the team continues to struggle and the prices increase folks just aren't going to stay onboard.

If the Glazers are happy with a full Hall of Fame club and the rest of the stadium being full of opposing fans...that's on them.

The fanbase frustrates me too...but only control what I control. The bottom line for me; is the $$$ worth it? It has nothing to do with my "fandom"...it's can my family budget handle the continuing rise in costs? Food and drink is more...attendence is more...it all adds up. Sometimes too much is just too much.
MarineBuc

Postby NYBF » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:15 am

Bootz2004 wrote:That's what you expect when the team puts a ton of money into renovations and improving fan experience. Unfortunately though with a fairweather fanbase like this one this will be the typical response.

A 37% increase in one year is not something you'd expect with a brand new arena. Forget about just covering some renovations.

That being said:

MarineBuc wrote: The worst part is that we didn't even hear it from the Bucs, I heard them talking about it on 620AM this morning...Ronnie and TKraz were talking about it.

You should probably wait to hear it from an official source before going crazy.
NYBF

Postby BucaRican » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:25 pm

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/02/06/bucs-to-raise-some-season-tickets-again-for-2018/

Season-ticket members got an email Tuesday, telling them they had until March 15 to renew their tickets for the upcoming season, or they'd be charged the newer, mostly higher prices, in some cases as much as $500 more per ticket.

BucaRican

Postby Hit55 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:36 pm

From my understanding, it seems most of the price increases will be for club seats.
Hit55

Postby MarineBuc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Hit55 wrote:From my understanding, it seems most of the price increases will be for club seats.

The only section I can speak for clearly is mine: 219. Our tickets are $950 a seat a year...we are locked in for 2018 at the 2017 price...if someone new buys season tickets for section 219, they are $1300. My ticket rep tells me that all of us that are already locked in (renewed for next year) for 2018 will be getting an email sometime towards the end of the week explaining everything.

For those that had tickets for 2017 and haven't renewed, they have until Mar 15th to decide. If they renew before Mar 15th, they get 2107 prices...after Mar 15th, they get the new and improved pricing.
MarineBuc

Postby Hit55 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:47 pm

MarineBuc wrote:
Hit55 wrote:From my understanding, it seems most of the price increases will be for club seats.

The only section I can speak for clearly is mine: 219. Our tickets are $950 a seat a year...we are locked in for 2018 at the 2017 price...if someone new buys season tickets for section 219, they are $1300. My ticket rep tells me that all of us that are already locked in (renewed for next year) for 2018 will be getting an email sometime towards the end of the week explaining everything.

For those that had tickets for 2017 and haven't renewed, they have until Mar 15th to decide. If they renew before Mar 15th, they get 2107 prices...after Mar 15th, they get the new and improved pricing.

Ah. Thanks for clarifying...that would explain it for me. I renewed last month.
Hit55

Postby Sammich » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:51 pm

What do you pay for your season tickets?
Sammich

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:22 pm

Sammich wrote:

Not a dime. I go when I can. But with 5 kids, 4 private school tuitions, 3 car notes and 2 mortgages, Bucs season tickets aren't in the cards.
Bootz2004

Postby Sammich » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Sammich wrote:

Not a dime. I go when I can. But with 5 kids, 4 private school tuitions, 3 car notes and 2 mortgages, Bucs season tickets aren't in the cards.

Understandable. Perhaps other people aren't being 'fairweather fans' and it just isn't in the cards for them as well. Seems a logical conclusion in a thread complaining about the prices going up.
Sammich

Postby ComingThisFall » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Sammich wrote:

How many TVs?
ComingThisFall

Postby MarineBuc » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 am

Sammich wrote:Understandable. Perhaps other people aren't being 'fairweather fans' and it just isn't in the cards for them as well. Seems a logical conclusion in a thread complaining about the prices going up.

Somebody gets it.
MarineBuc

Postby Moozician » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:34 am

Been a Buc fan since 1977... and I've been to a total of 5 games. So, I'm a "fairweather fan?"
Moozician

Postby MJW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Sammich wrote:

So, other folks not going to the games is them being "fairweather fans" but YOU just don't have it in the cards financially. :roll: :roll: :roll:
MJW

Postby Teitan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 am

Sammich wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Understandable. Perhaps other people aren't being 'fairweather fans' and it just isn't in the cards for them as well. Seems a logical conclusion in a thread complaining about the prices going up.

I like his original stance. He’s admitting he’s a casual fairweather fan.
Teitan

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 am

Sammich wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

That's not at all what the OP was about nor is it what I addressed with him. He states CLEARLY that the product on the field is the reason why he's officially done. And that another sports team will get his money. OP says nothing about not being able to afford it. That POV is shared by many people amongst this fanbase. Team sucks so they don't want to pay to see them. You changed the narrative with me. What you're talking about here and my discussion with Marine are 2 completely different things so you can get off my **** and stop trying to correlate them. You've unfortunately made several other posters make fools of themselves by proving reading isn't in their cards.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

So, other folks not going to the games is them being "fairweather fans" but YOU just don't have it in the cards financially. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Try to keep up, k!ddo. We're past checkers. Read the OP, read my response to the OP and reply accordingly. If you aren't able to comprehend what you read either say so or don't reply at all.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Sammich wrote:

That's not at all what the OP was about nor is it what I addressed with him. He states CLEARLY that the product on the field is the reason why he's officially done. And that another sports team will get his money. OP says nothing about not being able to afford it. That POV is shared by many people amongst this fanbase. Team sucks so they don't want to pay to see them. You changed the narrative with me. What you're talking about here and my discussion with Marine are 2 completely different things so you can get off my **** and stop trying to correlate them. You've unfortunately made several other posters make fools of themselves by proving reading isn't in their cards.

MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Bootz2004 wrote:
Try to keep up, k!ddo. We're past checkers. Read the OP, read my response to the OP and reply accordingly. If you aren't able to comprehend what you read either say so or don't reply at all.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am

LOL.
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:48 am

That's a good girl. Keep it the way you know how, short and simple. Pictures and acronyms. That brain is expanded enough by those.
Bootz2004

Next

Return to Team Discussions