JJ Watt.............would the Texans trade him!?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
JJ Watt.............would the Texans trade him!?

Postby bahamian:bucfan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 pm

Do you guys think The Texan would trade Watt (with the rite offer)? And do you guys think we should try and get him?

My answer to both is YES!

Watt has two years left on his 100mil contract and he is due 15mil for for each year. Now they are not in cap hell and have $52,691,460 available. BUT, he is coming off back to back season ending injuries, he will be 29 in March (but he is still in his prime) and most importantly the Texans head coach is a Bill Belichec (sp) student (willing to get something for a superstar before the shine is gone).

Yes, it is a VERY risky move and only God knows if watt will return back to being WATT. But if he does; it is a win!

Question, if this years 4th, and next years 3rd (which will turn to a 2nd if he gets more than 10 sacs) can land us Watt................would any of you pull the trigger?

Again for me, I say hell yes!

So hypothetically, we get Watt, draft Chubb @ 7, and sign a free agent like Kony Ealy (playing with Watt and going against the Panthers twice a year will bring the animal out in him imo), this would give us the pass rush we DESPERATELY need!

So what do you guys think!
Last edited by bahamian:bucfan on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bahamian:bucfan

Re: JJ Watt.............would the Texans trade him!?

Postby Teitan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:02 pm

Texans don’t trade Watt. I don’t trade for Watt. $$ + injury history = no thanks. Should they release him? Ok. Yeah I’ll take a shot.
Teitan

Postby Super K » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Teitan wrote:Texans don’t trade Watt. I don’t trade for Watt. $$ + injury history = no thanks. Should they release him? Ok. Yeah I’ll take a shot.

Yep...
Super K

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:24 pm

bahamian:bucfan wrote:
Question, if this years 4th, and next years 3rd (which will turn to a 2nd if he gets more than 10 sacs)................would any of you pull the trigger?

So hypothetically, we get Watt, draft Chubb @ 7, and sign a free agent like Kony Ealy (playing with Watt and going against the Panthers twice a year will bring the animal out in him imo), this would give us the pass rush we DESPERATELY need!

Only if we can sign Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack also!!

I think the Bucs are great!!
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:30 pm

8 games since 2016. 8. I'd send them a 5th for him but I'm not counting on him at all.
Bootz2004

Postby Noles1724 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:28 am

is this a thing now... randomly pick high profile players and coming up with madden trades?

Personally, I'd rather hop in the DeLorean, pick up B. Jackson and then drive a few years and pick up/trade for Deon Sanders, then come back to 2018. Who cares about the money part.. it's not ours. .. not to mention Deon's expectations would be from the 90s so we should be ok.

boom! make it happen Dom..Doc.. Great Scott!
Noles1724

Postby NYBF » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:32 am

After what he did for Houston after the hurricane, trading him would be PR suicide. You could make an argument for cutting him then trying to bring him back at a lower cap number. But to actually trade him? It would take a while for the Texans to recover from that hit.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:03 am

JJ Watt's cap # is pretty manageable the next few years and he'd be a bargain if he can get back to being the JJ Watt of 2-3 years ago. The injuries are an issue for sure and if he suffers another major injury where he misses the majority of the season once again in 2018 than I think the Texans have to examine either parting ways or getting him back at a lower number.

But for right now Watt isn't going anywhere and his contract isn't getting adjusted. Still too much guaranteed money and his trade value is terrible due to his injuries.
DreadNaught

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Noles1724 wrote:is this a thing now... randomly pick high profile players and coming up with madden trades?

Unfortunately it's been going on for a long time.

And so castles made of sand, melts into the sea eventually
EastBayBucsFan

Postby Sammich » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 pm

NYBF wrote:After what he did for Houston after the hurricane, trading him would be PR suicide. You could make an argument for cutting him then trying to bring him back at a lower cap number. But to actually trade him? It would take a while for the Texans to recover from that hit.

Yeah there would be riots in the streets if the Texans traded JJ. He will be a Texan until he chooses to retire.
Sammich

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:02 pm

This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen. Dumber than anything ever posted here before. You should be ashamed of your self.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:57 pm

The Outsider wrote:This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen. Dumber than anything ever posted here before. You should be ashamed of your self.

Are you challenging tjax?
NYBF

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:23 pm

The Outsider wrote:This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen. Dumber than anything ever posted here before. You should be ashamed of your self.

Judge Git Rite.
mdb1958

Postby Cheb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Do you guys think the Broncos would trade Von Miller (with the rite offer)? And do you guys think we should try and get him?

Miller has three years left on his 114mil contract and he is due 19mil for each year. Now the Broncos are not in cap hell and have $29,023,245 available. BUT, he is coming off his third consecutive first team All-Pro season, he will be 29 in March (but he is still in his prime) and most importantly the Broncos head coach is Vance Joseph (willing to get nothing for a superstar before the shine is gone).

Yes, it is a VERY risky move and only God knows if Von Miller will return back to being VON MILLER. But if he does; it is a win!

Question, if this years 7th, and next years 6th (which will turn to a 5th if he gets more than 10 sacks) can land us Von Miller................would any of you pull the trigger?

So hypothetically, we get Watt, draft Chubb @ 7, and sign a free agent like Bruce Smith (playing in the NFL again and not playing for the Bills will bring the animal out in him imo), this would give us the pass rush we DESPERATELY need!

Cheb

Postby Super K » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:01 pm

You guys are wrong...

Since the big storm, poor Bahamian is over there typing this **** out on a computer made out of an old microwave, a coconut and an etch-a-sketch and you guys just kick him in the nuts all day...
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:52 am

Cheb wrote:Do you guys think the Broncos would trade Von Miller (with the rite offer)? And do you guys think we should try and get him?

Miller has three years left on his 114mil contract and he is due 19mil for each year. Now the Broncos are not in cap hell and have $29,023,245 available. BUT, he is coming off his third consecutive first team All-Pro season, he will be 29 in March (but he is still in his prime) and most importantly the Broncos head coach is Vance Joseph (willing to get nothing for a superstar before the shine is gone).

Yes, it is a VERY risky move and only God knows if Von Miller will return back to being VON MILLER. But if he does; it is a win!

Question, if this years 7th, and next years 6th (which will turn to a 5th if he gets more than 10 sacks) can land us Von Miller................would any of you pull the trigger?

So hypothetically, we get Watt, draft Chubb @ 7, and sign a free agent like Bruce Smith (playing in the NFL again and not playing for the Bills will bring the animal out in him imo), this would give us the pass rush we DESPERATELY need!

I thought you were dead serious right up until you mentioned Smith.

Your sarcasm has made you powerful.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby RedLeader » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:00 pm

Lol. This thread is now hilarious. Well done, Cheb.
RedLeader

Return to Team Discussions