XFL: Returning 2020

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby MikeC » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:58 pm

I don’t. I expected that bullet point to get trounced way worse than this.
User avatar
MikeC
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:30 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:28 pm

In reference to last night’s Super Bowl, Vince McMahon’s XFL Twitter account took a few shots at the NFL during the game. The XFL commented on the NFL’s catch rules, how dragged out their game is, and the complexity of the NFL rule system.

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960270830876884993

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960271641866620929

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960272083912708098
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 4793
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:In reference to last night’s Super Bowl, Vince McMahon’s XFL Twitter account took a few shots at the NFL during the game. The XFL commented on the NFL’s catch rules, how dragged out their game is, and the complexity of the NFL rule system.

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960270830876884993

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960271641866620929

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960272083912708098


Whoever is running XFL interference is doing a great job ! I saw it as taking Chris Collingsworth off the mic, and it all goes away. I don't think he will do another Super Bowl.
Image
User avatar
Crocaneers
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Gatorland (at least on the weekends )
Has thanked: 389 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:35 pm

The XFL is likely hoping for a lockout to employ players.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5204
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Buc2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960271641866620929
This right here is the one that really drives me nuts.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11996
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 983 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Caradoc » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960271641866620929
This right here is the one that really drives me nuts.


Damn. Truth hurts
Caradoc
 
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Swashy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/960271641866620929
This right here is the one that really drives me nuts.


lmfao that commercial was edgy compared to the current wwe product
Swashy
 
Posts: 3721
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Caradoc » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:00 pm

If Koetter worked for the XFL he'd be issuing a groveling apology for that right about now.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Apparently, a new league is going to debut before the XFL now...after next year's SuperBowl

The Alliance of American football

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2284 ... all-league
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6706
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby NYBF » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:09 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Apparently, a new league is going to debut before the XFL now...after next year's SuperBowl

The Alliance of American football

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2284 ... all-league


Appeal to the gamblers, and you've got yourself a game plan.

Unlike McMahon, whose announcement came without a media plan, Ebersol said that his league, made up of players who didn't make the cut for the NFL, will have the initial game and the championship game on CBS and one matchup per week on CBS Sports Network. Other games will be available on the league's app, which Ebersol said promises to integrate live fantasy play into the broadcasts.

Image
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6314
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 517 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Apparently, a new league is going to debut before the XFL now...after next year's SuperBowl

The Alliance of American football

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2284 ... all-league

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm willing to give it a look. If it's competitive and the quality is good, I may keep watching. One of the reasons I don't watch a lot of college ball is the quality between the teams is often so far apart, my ex-wife, who didn't know the difference between a TD and a HR, could pick the winner.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11996
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 983 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:21 pm

Image
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14361
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 666 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Caradoc » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Apparently, a new league is going to debut before the XFL now...after next year's SuperBowl

The Alliance of American football

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2284 ... all-league

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm willing to give it a look. If it's competitive and the quality is good, I may keep watching. One of the reasons I don't watch a lot of college ball is the quality between the teams is often so far apart, my ex-wife, who didn't know the difference between a TD and a HR, could pick the winner.



What does Human Resources have to do with football?
Caradoc
 
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:09 am

Caradoc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Sounds pretty interesting. I'm willing to give it a look. If it's competitive and the quality is good, I may keep watching. One of the reasons I don't watch a lot of college ball is the quality between the teams is often so far apart, my ex-wife, who didn't know the difference between a TD and a HR, could pick the winner.



What does Human Resources have to do with football?

I tried to laugh but failed.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11996
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 983 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:52 am

XFL has named Oliver Luck (yes, Andrew's dad) to be the Commissioner of the league.

Seems like a very solid hire based on his experience. A very respected and experienced person in football circles by all accounts.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13562
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 589 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:10 am

DreadNaught wrote:XFL has named Oliver Luck (yes, Andrew's dad) to be the Commissioner of the league.

Seems like a very solid hire based on his experience. A very respected and experienced person in football circles by all accounts.

That really sucks for WVU's football program.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14361
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 666 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby NYBF » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:XFL has named Oliver Luck (yes, Andrew's dad) to be the Commissioner of the league.

Seems like a very solid hire based on his experience. A very respected and experienced person in football circles by all accounts.

That really sucks for WVU's football program.


Definitely a quality loss.
Image
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6314
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 517 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Super K » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:32 pm

NYBF wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:That really sucks for WVU's football program.


Definitely a quality loss.



LMFAO!!...I'm cryin here hahahaha
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:11 pm

NYBF wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:That really sucks for WVU's football program.


Definitely a quality loss.


Nice one..
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13562
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 589 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:12 pm

I hate you all.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14361
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 666 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:58 pm

I think I've had this thought before (or it's not original at all), but if I'm the XFL, I'm targeting current college players and HS seniors. I'd have a special contract clause that by signing with the XFL and foregoing their eligibility they will receive money specifically for their college education equal or greater to the amount of their current scholarship, in addition to their standard contract ed salary/bonuses.

THAT would cause a shake up to the entire football world.
Deja Entendu
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Snake » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:08 pm

I think that’s a damn good idea.

It would force the NCAA’s hand, as well.
Snake
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:38 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Snake wrote:I think that’s a damn good idea.

It would force the NCAA’s hand, as well.

Force the NCAA to?

Pay players? I don't think that will ever work due to Title IX, but I hope one day that colleges will allow players to accept endorsements.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5204
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby The Outsider » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:18 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Snake wrote:I think that’s a damn good idea.

It would force the NCAA’s hand, as well.

Force the NCAA to?

Pay players? I don't think that will ever work due to Title IX, but I hope one day that colleges will allow players to accept endorsements.


The fact that they can't accept endorsements is ridiculous. There's really no good reason for why they can't.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4609
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Heisenberg » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Jameis gonna light it up
User avatar
Heisenberg
 
Posts: 3369
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby NYBF » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:I think I've had this thought before (or it's not original at all), but if I'm the XFL, I'm targeting current college players and HS seniors. I'd have a special contract clause that by signing with the XFL and foregoing their eligibility they will receive money specifically for their college education equal or greater to the amount of their current scholarship, in addition to their standard contract ed salary/bonuses.

THAT would cause a shake up to the entire football world.


So their career is over, they've got $200k to go to college, with none of the easy classes and teachers looking the other way to hand you a degree that goes with playing college ball. Just your own brain.
Image
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6314
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 517 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:21 pm

NYBF wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:I think I've had this thought before (or it's not original at all), but if I'm the XFL, I'm targeting current college players and HS seniors. I'd have a special contract clause that by signing with the XFL and foregoing their eligibility they will receive money specifically for their college education equal or greater to the amount of their current scholarship, in addition to their standard contract ed salary/bonuses.

THAT would cause a shake up to the entire football world.


So their career is over, they've got $200k to go to college, with none of the easy classes and teachers looking the other way to hand you a degree that goes with playing college ball. Just your own brain.


Yep, they'd have to take the free college tuition, and the hundreds of thousands (or millions) of dollars they earned playing professional football and actually earn their degree, if they want it.

Just like most other people, including those that leave college early to go pro and flame out, except those people don't have a free education handed to them.

Setting the league that way would allow a blue chip prospect, freshman or true sophomore phenom to go pro early.

I was spit-balling when I mentioned it, but the more you think about it, there are so many other nuances you could add to make it more enticing to steal star athletes from the NCAA machine -- college tuition, academic assistance programs, financial management course (that also apply towards their degree), etc... all on top of the obvious salary, bonuses, and endorsements.
Deja Entendu
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:25 pm

You want to truly challenge the NFL? Take out their feeder system.
Deja Entendu
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby NYBF » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:35 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
NYBF wrote:
So their career is over, they've got $200k to go to college, with none of the easy classes and teachers looking the other way to hand you a degree that goes with playing college ball. Just your own brain.


Yep, they'd have to take the free college tuition, and the hundreds of thousands (or millions) of dollars they earned playing professional football and actually earn their degree, if they want it.

Just like most other people, including those that leave college early to go pro and flame out, except those people don't have a free education handed to them.

Setting the league that way would allow a blue chip prospect, freshman or true sophomore phenom to go pro early.

I was spit-balling when I mentioned it, but the more you think about it, there are so many other nuances you could add to make it more enticing to steal star athletes from the NCAA machine -- college tuition, academic assistance programs, financial management course (that also apply towards their degree), etc... all on top of the obvious salary, bonuses, and endorsements.


You've got enough confidence in the XFL to think there will be players making millions?
Image
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6314
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 517 times

Re: XFL: Returning 2020

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:03 am

NYBF wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:
Yep, they'd have to take the free college tuition, and the hundreds of thousands (or millions) of dollars they earned playing professional football and actually earn their degree, if they want it.

Just like most other people, including those that leave college early to go pro and flame out, except those people don't have a free education handed to them.

Setting the league that way would allow a blue chip prospect, freshman or true sophomore phenom to go pro early.

I was spit-balling when I mentioned it, but the more you think about it, there are so many other nuances you could add to make it more enticing to steal star athletes from the NCAA machine -- college tuition, academic assistance programs, financial management course (that also apply towards their degree), etc... all on top of the obvious salary, bonuses, and endorsements.


You've got enough confidence in the XFL to think there will be players making millions?



I'm only using the XFL as my example because they're the next league up. The AAF is already much further ahead in their planning.

I do believe if a well funded start-up football league were to go after the NCAA talent pool, they would indeed draw players talented enough to make millions in their career; whether it's in the start up league or by moving to the NFL once eligible.
Deja Entendu
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 78 times

Previous

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], IchabodCrane84, nhbucsfan, PrimeMinister, terrytate, The Outsider, UbuntuBuc and 26 guests