Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs. Patriots

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Who ya got?

Eagles
18%
Patriots
83%

Total votes : 40

Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs. Patriots

Postby IronDog » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 pm

CamCam wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:We're goin to the Super Bowl! All aboard the victory train!

Spoiler:

https://streamable.com/gm1j2

From the other side.

As much as I can't stand the pretentious prick running things from Boston, this typical fan behavior for the boys in green reinforces the anathema-theme associated with them. Since they post the SB commercials on the interweb the next day, there really is no reason to subject myself to either the game or the patriots post-game celebrations. I guess, at least the Eagles hopefully won't be dodging puke in the huddle.
IronDog

Postby pewterpirates » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:Patriots will wear white jerseys. They're 3-0 in white jerseys in the Super Bowl.

Something crazy like out of the last 13 Super Bowls, the team wearing white has gone 12-1. The Packers, when they wore green vs. the Steelers, are the lone exception.

Patriots Super Bowl History

White: 3-1

XXXI (35-21 loss to Packers)

XXXIX (24-21 win over Eagles)

XLIX (28-24 win over Seahawks)

LI (34-28 win over Falcons)

Yeah, I meant the Brady/Belichick Patriots. My bad.
pewterpirates

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:16 pm

I honestly don't see how people favor Boston sports fans over Philly sports fans. It's a push at worst.
Ken Carson

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:44 pm

Ken Carson wrote:I honestly don't see how people favor Boston sports fans over Philly sports fans. It's a push at worst.

We can go story-for-story of actual published accounts of degenerative **** the fan bases have done. I post a Philly one, you post a New England one. And when you run out, I will still have posts for days.

Admittedly I've had much more interaction with Philly fans in their stadiums, but I've been to Sox games, I've been to Pats games. All times as a visiting fan. Wear my shirt/jersey, root when my team does well. Never had a problem. I'll probably be taking my son to Fenway this year when the Mets are there. Philadelphia is a constant ****ing problem. Every year it got worse. Until one year it was so bad it should have ended in an arrest. But I was told by police at the stadium I got what I deserved because I came from NY. The only way I will root for an Eagles SB victory is if it guarantees the city burns to the ground. Then I can return and collect some ashes. Otherwise, **** that city, **** that fan base.

For anyone posting on this forum who is a Buccaneers fan, who to root for should not be a question. Unless someone can come up with a story similar to this involving the Pats.

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/09/14/Bucs/ ... _the.shtml

NYBF

Postby Caradoc » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 pm

It's not just Philly sports fans. The whole population is a bunch of ***holes.
Caradoc

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:21 pm

NYBF wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I honestly don't see how people favor Boston sports fans over Philly sports fans. It's a push at worst.

We can go story-for-story of actual published accounts of degenerative **** the fan bases have done. I post a Philly one, you post a New England one. And when you run out, I will still have posts for days.

Admittedly I've had much more interaction with Philly fans in their stadiums, but I've been to Sox games, I've been to Pats games. All times as a visiting fan. Wear my shirt/jersey, root when my team does well. Never had a problem. I'll probably be taking my son to Fenway this year when the Mets are there. Philadelphia is a constant ****ing problem. Every year it got worse. Until one year it was so bad it should have ended in an arrest. But I was told by police at the stadium I got what I deserved because I came from NY. The only way I will root for an Eagles SB victory is if it guarantees the city burns to the ground. Then I can return and collect some ashes. Otherwise, **** that city, **** that fan base.

For anyone posting on this forum who is a Buccaneers fan, who to root for should not be a question. Unless someone can come up with a story similar to this involving the Pats.

Guess we're all shaped by our experiences. I live in South Philly and wear enemy colors on 2 Street without a problem. The NY thing is on a different level for sure, so I can't speak to that, since few Eagles fans seem really upset about the Buccaneers as a franchise.
Ken Carson

Postby Bucs2theSB » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:18 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Last week a Giants fan was asked on Reddit who he would root for if Pats/Eagles came to pass.

Young sir. I dont think you realize how much we hate the Eagles. I would rather Tom brady bang my wife then watch the Egales hoist a Lombardi. I would rather Belichick take a pass at my mother than watch the Eagles have a SB parade. I would rather the entire Patriots team, including that Bendeict Arnold **** Patrica train my first love then watch the Eagles at the White House in March. I myself would drag my nuts across a field of of hot New England Clam chowder than watch the Eagles drop a banner next year saying "Super Bowl Champions." Truthfully, I would kill you if it meant I could stop the Eagles from even playing in the Super Bowl and I like you.

**** the Eagles. **** Philadelphia. I hope that entire city burns to the ground by the crotch of Carson Wentz's firey pubes. That ginger **** is so ****ing good I hate him and the entire state of Dakota because of him. I dont even know which Dakota he is from but **** them both.

And dont get me started on that visor wearing **** Doug Pedo-son. His hair looks like I'd need a wedge just to get my ball out of there. That loser POS. Bring back Fat Andy, at least with him, there was always the chance he'd die during the ****ing game. We haven't beaten the Eagles in like 4 ****ing years. **** you for asking this question. But **** Philly more.

Go Pats.

I wonder if that guy knows the difference between "then" and "than." It makes a huge difference
Bucs2theSB

Postby Kress » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:59 pm

NYBF wrote:

Boston fans are obnoxious, but not violent. Just verbally massholes. Philly fans not only talk, but then start throwing ****. It's not a push in my mind. I take Boston.

Going to Fenway is on my bucket list. Have fun.
Kress

Postby MJW » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:07 am

Kress wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Boston fans are obnoxious, but not violent. Just verbally massholes. Philly fans not only talk, but then start throwing ****. It's not a push in my mind. I take Boston.

Going to Fenway is on my bucket list. Have fun.

This. Pats and Sahhhwwkks fans are irritating, but I've been to Boston many times with friends in Yankees or Jets gear and nobody ever felt the least bit intimidated. Conversely, I've been to Philly many times too, and there's no way in hell I'd wear a Bucs jersey there if we were playing them. They take genuine pleasure in acting like trash. They're proud of it.
MJW

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:08 am

Maybe Deja has had a different experience, but I live a mile from the stadium.
Ken Carson

Postby Deja Entendu » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Maybe Deja has had a different experience, but I live a mile from the stadium.

Like Ken, I also live a mile from the stadiums. Literally a mile in a straight line - Pattison Ave dead ends at my neighborhood. I've also spent 29 of my 35 years in Philly.

Some Eagles fans at the stadium can be a different beast, but broadly speaking the Philly fan thing is largely sensationalism and propagated by the media.

The Eagles, more than the other teams, absolutely draw out the ones that like to wear the ***hole fan tag as a badge of honor, and some revel in the chance to cause trouble. But it's still the minority, and basically just Eagles games.

I went to the Flyers/Bolts game on Thurs (****ing terrible), and there were at least 15 Bolts fans between my section and the two surrounding me. None were harassed or assaulted... despite the anger in the arena from the shellacking the Flyers got. A few of the bolts fans continued to stand and cheer even when they went up 5-1. No one bothered them.

I see the same thing at Phillies, Sixers, and Union games.

I walk around this town in my Bucs gear all of the time, more often than not it's a conversation starter -- especially if it's something with Bucco Bruce on it and after Hard Knocks. I wore it tonight to a big festival at Xfinity Live (in the parking lot of the stadiums). Hell I regularly wear an orange Bucs hat to Flyers games bc it matches... I didn't Thurs bc it was against Tampa and I have a new orange Flyers hat.

The city is filled with Cowboys fans who proudly wear their colors. It's probably the second largest fan base in the city. There's even a Chiefs bar in South Philly.

There are some fucked up Eagles fans AT the games. There's no denying it, but it's not the majority and the city itself certainly isn't overrun by rabid dogs looking to kill anything not in Philly colors.

I will say, living here, it's pretty ****ing cool hearing the entire city united and having the Eagles fight song break out at random times: Flyers game, between sets at a concert, in the bathroom at a bar, walking down a crowded street. In all the cities I've been, I've never experienced passionate fandom like here.

Ken?

P.S. I've been drinking. GO BUCS!
Deja Entendu

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:40 am

Not related to this SB. Here's a pretty funny video of "Payton Manning's SB LI party" that I saw for the first time today. Not sure how I hadn't seen it before.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Lol
Jason Bourne

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:57 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Maybe Deja has had a different experience, but I live a mile from the stadium.

Like Ken, I also live a mile from the stadiums. Literally a mile in a straight line - Pattison Ave dead ends at my neighborhood. I've also spent 29 of my 35 years in Philly.

Some Eagles fans at the stadium can be a different beast, but broadly speaking the Philly fan thing is largely sensationalism and propagated by the media.

The Eagles, more than the other teams, absolutely draw out the ones that like to wear the ***hole fan tag as a badge of honor, and some revel in the chance to cause trouble. But it's still the minority, and basically just Eagles games.

I went to the Flyers/Bolts game on Thurs (****ing terrible), and there were at least 15 Bolts fans between my section and the two surrounding me. None were harassed or assaulted... despite the anger in the arena from the shellacking the Flyers got. A few of the bolts fans continued to stand and cheer even when they went up 5-1. No one bothered them.

I see the same thing at Phillies, Sixers, and Union games.

I walk around this town in my Bucs gear all of the time, more often than not it's a conversation starter -- especially if it's something with Bucco Bruce on it and after Hard Knocks. I wore it tonight to a big festival at Xfinity Live (in the parking lot of the stadiums). Hell I regularly wear an orange Bucs hat to Flyers games bc it matches... I didn't Thurs bc it was against Tampa and I have a new orange Flyers hat.

The city is filled with Cowboys fans who proudly wear their colors. It's probably the second largest fan base in the city. There's even a Chiefs bar in South Philly.

There are some fucked up Eagles fans AT the games. There's no denying it, but it's not the majority and the city itself certainly isn't overrun by rabid dogs looking to kill anything not in Philly colors.

I will say, living here, it's pretty ****ing cool hearing the entire city united and having the Eagles fight song break out at random times: Flyers game, between sets at a concert, in the bathroom at a bar, walking down a crowded street. In all the cities I've been, I've never experienced passionate fandom like here.

Ken?

P.S. I've been drinking. GO BUCS!

Yeah, i said basically the short version of this. I live on 2 Street where all the Mummer's clubs are. If wearing enemy colors in Philly was actually dangerous, wearing them by the Fancy and Wench clubs by my house would be suicide. I wear my Bucs polo and hoodie often, an as you said, if anyone says anything, it's to make fun of the Bucs. I shoot back asking about their trophy case or giving them a little "Roooooonde Baaaaaaarber" chant. It's never a thing.

And yes, you see a TON of Cowboys fans around here. And even a fair amount of Giants and Steelers fans. Like any fan base, there are a small percentage that totally suck. And those fans may suck worse than any other team's fans. But on the whole, I've found Eagles fans to be long suffering pessimistic and grumpy. And this year they are like kids anticipating Christmas. Very cool to see IMO.
Ken Carson

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 am

NYBF wrote:

Pregnant co-worker is at the office today in an Eagles jersey. I asked her about it, says her husband is from somewhere in PA. Everyone was incredulous how I could root for New England. Told her the Jurevicius story. And now I'm an ***hole.
NYBF

Postby Super K » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm

NYBF wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Pregnant co-worker is at the office today in an Eagles jersey. I asked her about it, says her husband is from somewhere in PA. Everyone was incredulous how I could root for New England. Told her the Jurevicius story. And now I'm an ***hole.

Are we certain it was this SB and your story that brought about said classification?

Water looks murky to me...
Super K

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:08 pm

Is "assholer" a word?
NYBF

Postby Caradoc » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:21 pm

NYBF wrote:Is "assholer" a word?

I think it's "assholier" actually. "That guy has an 'assholier than thou' attitude"
Caradoc

Postby IronDog » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:26 pm

NYBF wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Now? Pfft! You've always been an ***hole! But by God, you're OUR ***hole! :drinkingcheers:
IronDog

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on
EastBayBucsFan

Postby MJW » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:46 am

Superbowls I've Been Least Excited For, Since 1985 (First year I watched)

1) Rams/Titans (1999)
Emanuel caught the ball.

2) Eagles/Patriots (2017)
**** both these teams, but **** the Eagles a bit harder. There's no outcome here that isn't boring and depressing.

3) Broncos/Falcons (1998)
Elway had already got his ring, and nobody outside of the ATL thought the Falcons were going to win this game.

4) Eagles/Patriots (2005)
Again, **** these teams. This one rates a little higher than the one on Sunday because of the TO drama and Brady trying to win his 3rd title and join the best of the best (there was still a question if he was at this point.)

5) (Tie) Cowboys/Bills (1993), Cowboys/Steelers (1995)
Both were foregone conclusions. The Bills weren't going to beat a Cowboys team that had slaughtered them the year before. The Steelers weren't nearly as good. Boring matchups that led to boring games.
MJW

Postby acmillis » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:35 am

Just saw this acronym on Facebook:
Pay
All
The
Refs
In
Order
To
Succeed
acmillis

Postby sanka » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:23 pm

MJW wrote:Superbowls I've Been Least Excited For, Since 1985 (First year I watched)

1) Rams/Titans (1999)
Emanuel caught the ball.

**** both these teams, but **** the Eagles a bit harder. There's no outcome here that isn't boring and depressing.

Elway had already got his ring, and nobody outside of the ATL thought the Falcons were going to win this game.

Again, **** these teams. This one rates a little higher than the one on Sunday because of the TO drama and Brady trying to win his 3rd title and join the best of the best (there was still a question if he was at this point.)

Both were foregone conclusions. The Bills weren't going to beat a Cowboys team that had slaughtered them the year before. The Steelers weren't nearly as good. Boring matchups that led to boring games.

How old were you in 1985?
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:27 pm

sanka wrote:
MJW wrote:Superbowls I've Been Least Excited For, Since 1985 (First year I watched)

1) Rams/Titans (1999)
Emanuel caught the ball.

How old were you in 1985?

Dude , you are not supposed to ask a lady her age
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Jason Bourne

Postby Noles1724 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:12 pm

100 yd rusher since Pittman? I'd love for Blount to just go bananas
Noles1724

Postby Air-Buc-Pirate » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Michelle Tafoya never ages.
Air-Buc-Pirate

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:33 am

Well, a lot of disappointed folks in this thread. Philly will be lit for weeks.
Ken Carson

Previous

Return to Team Discussions