Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs. Patriots

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Who ya got?

Eagles
18%
Patriots
83%

Total votes : 40

Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs. Patriots

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:58 am

I’m in the minority here but I love seeing Brady and Belichick win while everyone whines and squirms over it. Plus screw the Eagles.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Kress » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:02 am

So the Brady hand issue was that he was having a sixth finger surgically added, in order to accommodate his new ring.
Kress

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:11 am

Brady is the ****ing greatest!! But the refs kept the Pats close yesterday. Should've been 14-3 at halftime, that PI on Bouye was bogus. The CB is well within his right to leverage a WR OOB, that is the technique they teach.

But the Jags got conservative after kicking that FG to make it 20-10, which was the opposite of what they did the week earlier vs Pittsburgh. I was telling my buddy right after that FG the Jags needed 7 more points to win the game b/c Brady wasn't going down without making it interesting.

Kudos to Brady, he's the greatest.

Jags are heartbroken, but they had a great season and the future is bright for that franchise. They just gave the greatest dynasty in NFL history all they could handle in the AFCCG.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:14 am

Yeah... if not for the ****ing refs, the Patriots would be lucky to win a game all season.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:19 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Last week a Giants fan was asked on Reddit who he would root for if Pats/Eagles came to pass.

Young sir. I dont think you realize how much we hate the Eagles. I would rather Tom brady bang my wife then watch the Egales hoist a Lombardi. I would rather Belichick take a pass at my mother than watch the Eagles have a SB parade. I would rather the entire Patriots team, including that Bendeict Arnold **** Patrica train my first love then watch the Eagles at the White House in March. I myself would drag my nuts across a field of of hot New England Clam chowder than watch the Eagles drop a banner next year saying "Super Bowl Champions." Truthfully, I would kill you if it meant I could stop the Eagles from even playing in the Super Bowl and I like you.

**** the Eagles. **** Philadelphia. I hope that entire city burns to the ground by the crotch of Carson Wentz's firey pubes. That ginger **** is so ****ing good I hate him and the entire state of Dakota because of him. I dont even know which Dakota he is from but **** them both.

And dont get me started on that visor wearing **** Doug Pedo-son. His hair looks like I'd need a wedge just to get my ball out of there. That loser POS. Bring back Fat Andy, at least with him, there was always the chance he'd die during the ****ing game. We haven't beaten the Eagles in like 4 ****ing years. **** you for asking this question. But **** Philly more.

Go Pats.

I believe it was either Kress or NYBF that said in another thread that this bloke really needs to learn the difference between "then" and "than". It would totally change the context of a couple of his sentences.

I would rather Tom brady bang my wife then than watch the Egales hoist a Lombardi.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby EnochRoot » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 am

DreadNaught wrote:Brady is the ****ing greatest!! But the refs kept the Pats close yesterday. Should've been 14-3 at halftime, that PI on Bouye was bogus. The CB is well within his right to leverage a WR OOB, that is the technique they teach.

But the Jags got conservative after kicking that FG to make it 20-10, which was the opposite of what they did the week earlier vs Pittsburgh. I was telling my buddy right after that FG the Jags needed 7 more points to win the game b/c Brady wasn't going down without making it interesting.

Jags are heartbroken, but they had a great season and the future is bright for that franchise. They just gave the greatest dynasty in NFL history all they could handle in the AFCCG.

100% on the PI call being suspect. Also curious how the refs ruled Amendola's catch complete (the one he bobbled when he landed) a few plays before the game winner. For 31 other teams, that's ruled an incomplete pass on the field. They'd reason you'd need to challenge the catch to overturn it.
"I'd rather live with a good question than a bad answer."

Aryeh A. Frimer
EnochRoot

Postby pewterpirates » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Like many, I'm tired of it seemingly always being the Patriots. I was really hoping Jacksonville would hang on. But here we are.

Even with the Patriots fatigue, this one's simple. Go Pats.

Eagles fans are already obnoxious enough without a Super Bowl. I don't want that trash fan base to have a Lombardi trophy. Screw the Eagles.

I'm hoping the Patriots blow Philly out the water.
pewterpirates

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:27 pm

We're goin to the Super Bowl! All aboard the victory train!

Spoiler:
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Last week a Giants fan was asked on Reddit who he would root for if Pats/Eagles came to pass.

Young sir. I dont think you realize how much we hate the Eagles. I would rather Tom brady bang my wife then watch the Egales hoist a Lombardi. I would rather Belichick take a pass at my mother than watch the Eagles have a SB parade. I would rather the entire Patriots team, including that Bendeict Arnold **** Patrica train my first love then watch the Eagles at the White House in March. I myself would drag my nuts across a field of of hot New England Clam chowder than watch the Eagles drop a banner next year saying "Super Bowl Champions." Truthfully, I would kill you if it meant I could stop the Eagles from even playing in the Super Bowl and I like you.

**** the Eagles. **** Philadelphia. I hope that entire city burns to the ground by the crotch of Carson Wentz's firey pubes. That ginger **** is so ****ing good I hate him and the entire state of Dakota because of him. I dont even know which Dakota he is from but **** them both.

And dont get me started on that visor wearing **** Doug Pedo-son. His hair looks like I'd need a wedge just to get my ball out of there. That loser POS. Bring back Fat Andy, at least with him, there was always the chance he'd die during the ****ing game. We haven't beaten the Eagles in like 4 ****ing years. **** you for asking this question. But **** Philly more.

Go Pats.

Gold.
PrimeMinister

Postby Super K » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:45 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

Gold.

That was freakin awesome...
Super K

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:33 pm

EnochRoot wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Brady is the ****ing greatest!! But the refs kept the Pats close yesterday. Should've been 14-3 at halftime, that PI on Bouye was bogus. The CB is well within his right to leverage a WR OOB, that is the technique they teach.

100% on the PI call being suspect. Also curious how the refs ruled Amendola's catch complete (the one he bobbled when he landed) a few plays before the game winner. For 31 other teams, that's ruled an incomplete pass on the field. They'd reason you'd need to challenge the catch to overturn it.

The one he bobbled and the reverse camera angle showed it never touched the ground? That one? LOL!
Haters gonna hate.

Here... enjoy this NFL.com video of all the Amendola plays from last night...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... all-player
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:27 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

Gold.

After reading this .. not only may I agree ... I may have to change my thought pattern. These facts are real .. and albeit painful to see another NE / Belichick / Brady trophy ceremony, an Iggle one could be worse. They would completely deny the years of suck, and claim world domination.

I still like Wentz. It's North Dakota. I spent too much of four years there. They are good people, and he stands for a promise bigger than himself. He's good with me.

and now .. I remember 2005 ... Jacksonville .. .New England / Philly .. 24 - 21. Close .. but certainly no cigar ...

Brady is easily GOAT .. and maybe he decides to go out on top. Belichick will reload . that will be good for the game.
Crocaneers

Postby Sammich » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:29 pm

I was rooting for the Jags and Vikings so this Super Bowl is more than a tad underwhelming for me. For my money I don't see any way the Iggles beat Brady. I also hate the Iggles, so go Pats.
Sammich

Postby Selmon Rules » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:When will people stop denying that the Patriots are the best team in football by far

I don't deny it and I don't particularly hate the Pats as much as I can't stand all of the Pats fans down here with their fanboy, holier than thou praise for all things Patriots....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:When will people stop denying that the Patriots are the best team in football by far

I don't deny it and I don't particularly hate the Pats as much as I can't stand all of the Pats fans down here with their fanboy, holier than thou praise for all things Patriots....

Yeah...Buc fans would totally not behave that way if it were a Bucs dynasty instead of the Patriots.
I'm pretty sure I'd be insufferable to fans of other teams. But then, they could suck it. :D
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:

I grew up in a family of 49ers fans. Trust me, we were all "fanboys" when it came to our Niners. And why shouldn't you? You know your team is better than everyone else. You've earned bragging rights. B2 is 100% right. We'd all be insufferable if the Bucs won that much.
Bootz2004

Postby Swashy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:51 am

Super K wrote:
Swashy wrote:Alright so I've decided that I will cheer the Iggles for the first time in my life. Not just because I detest how scandalous the Pats have been for almost 20 years, not just because I want to see an underdog win and not just because I want to see a first time champion. I just want to see EDP flip his **** and cry like a bitch if the Eagles actually pull it off. I'm pretty sure that guy is either gonna run down the street naked if Philly pulls this off. Honest to God I wish I had a reason to react like that about anything as much as that guy does over Iggles football.

I've played lottery several times at that gas station in Port Richey that sold that ridiculous Mega Millions ticket that had something like a $280 million pay out and I don't think I'd have even reacted like that if I had won. More like "Hollllyyy ****. I'm getting out of this country. See ya bitches!"

So **** it. Let the miserable bastard have something nice. Patriots tears are the sweetest anyway

Who is EDP?

An Eagles fan on youtube. I think in this case it might just be best to let google be your friend on this one and leave the rest up to you because I don't have words to describe that guy. See one of his videos and you've seen em all.
Swashy

Postby CamCam » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:We're goin to the Super Bowl! All aboard the victory train!

Spoiler:

https://streamable.com/gm1j2

From the other side.
CamCam

Postby Caradoc » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:32 am

EnochRoot wrote:

LOL. That was clearly a catch. For any team. Not even close enough to rule incomplete.
Caradoc

Postby Super K » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:24 am

CamCam wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:We're goin to the Super Bowl! All aboard the victory train!

Spoiler:

From the other side.

Hahaha...wow, this view is even WORSE!

Dude is lucky he didn't get his head ripped off!!!
Super K

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:38 am

Super K wrote:
CamCam wrote:

From the other side.

Hahaha...wow, this view is even WORSE!

Dude is lucky he didn't get his head ripped off!!!

His Eagle buddies would have just plopped a fake eagle head on his neck and drug him around while whooping and yelling profanities.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:01 pm

I got a chuckle out of this one...

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby paco74 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:02 pm

I don't want Brady to hang the cleats up until he has one more ring than the entire Pittsburgh franchise. So this year and one more before he turns 45....which is when he wants to head out.
paco74

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Oh... and another conspiracy put to rest.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:25 pm

"Nick Foles" is the coolest name ever?
NYBF

Postby Selmon Rules » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:I don't deny it and I don't particularly hate the Pats as much as I can't stand all of the Pats fans down here with their fanboy, holier than thou praise for all things Patriots....

I grew up in a family of 49ers fans. Trust me, we were all "fanboys" when it came to our Niners. And why shouldn't you? You know your team is better than everyone else. You've earned bragging rights. B2 is 100% right. We'd all be insufferable if the Bucs won that much.

Half of our fan base doesn't live in the New England area while it seems like there are more New England fans here than there are any other wether living here full time or just down for the season.... Hate having to hear it is all

And yes, I'm sure we would also be insufferable ***holes if put in their positions but unfortunately, we're not
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby pewterpirates » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Patriots will wear white jerseys. They're 3-0 in white jerseys in the Super Bowl.

Something crazy like out of the last 13 Super Bowls, the team wearing white has gone 12-1. The Packers, when they wore green vs. the Steelers, are the lone exception.
pewterpirates

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:41 pm

pewterpirates wrote:Patriots will wear white jerseys. They're 3-0 in white jerseys in the Super Bowl.

Something crazy like out of the last 13 Super Bowls, the team wearing white has gone 12-1. The Packers, when they wore green vs. the Steelers, are the lone exception.

Patriots Super Bowl History

White: 3-1

XXXI (35-21 loss to Packers)

XXXIX (24-21 win over Eagles)

XLIX (28-24 win over Seahawks)

LI (34-28 win over Falcons)
Last edited by Phantom Phenom on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phantom Phenom

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:58 pm

Brady and Belichik are 3-0 in white.
uscbucsfan

Postby Kress » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 pm

pewterpirates wrote:Patriots will wear white jerseys. They're 3-0 in white jerseys in the Super Bowl.

I still remember Quarles saying that all white makes you feel fast. Feel fast, play fast.
Kress

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions