Le'Veon Bell: Retirement?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Le'Veon Bell: Retirement?

Postby Rocker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Buc2 wrote:I hate everybody.

Get off your lawn.
Rocker

Postby Doctor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:05 am

If there's any player in the league that deserves 17M a year it's Bell. I mean for god sakes if this league can pay Mike Glennon 16M, Dez 16.5M, Tyrod 18M and Tannehill 19M, they can play what is probably the best weapon in football 17M. And some one will.
Doctor

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:07 am

I would. I'd build my offense around Winston, Bell, Evans and OJ. Build up the Oline a little bit and it'll be scary good.
theBKwhopper

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:21 am

I've said it before but I'll say it again, how anyone can support giving Bell 17 mill but not support the drafting of Barkley at 7 makes ZERO sense.
real bucs fan

Postby Rocker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:32 am

real bucs fan wrote:I've said it before but I'll say it again, how anyone can support giving Bell 17 mill but not support the drafting of Barkley at 7 makes ZERO sense.

IKR? It’s almost like one of them has had success at the NFL level, and the other has done **** all as a professional athlete.

Makes zero sense to me, too.
Rocker

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:55 am

Rocker wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I've said it before but I'll say it again, how anyone can support giving Bell 17 mill but not support the drafting of Barkley at 7 makes ZERO sense.

IKR? It’s almost like one of them has had success at the NFL level, and the other has done **** all as a professional athlete.

That's true of all rookies?

I'm talking about the illogical stance of Bell being worth 17 mill but RBs not worth a 1st round pick...
real bucs fan

Postby Rocker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:08 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Rocker wrote:

That's true of all rookies?

I'm talking about the illogical stance of Bell being worth 17 mill but RBs not worth a 1st round pick...

Your stance is crystal clear, I (we) get it.

I don’t think ANY running back is worth 17M. I also don’t think taking a running back in the first round makes any sense to THIS team, THIS year.

And I feel pretty confident that more than a few people agree with that stance. Swipe right on Barkley all you want. Bang the drum for his as hard as you please. But please, limit your crusade to half a dozen threads or so. It grows tedious.
Rocker

Postby Caradoc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:40 pm

I wouldn't advocate for a 7 or for 17 million for a RB

I don't think any RB is worth 7 except in very limited circumstances. As in "almost never" limited.

I can see slightly more circumstances where a RB could be worth 17million. The reason there would be more circumstances is because a round one pick - especially a top 10 - is pick is worth much more than the dollars.
Caradoc

Postby MJW » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:48 pm

It's kind of amazing that Bell has what seems like a quiet game, and it's 25 touches for 155 yards and a touchdown when the dust settles.

When Doug Martin has an off-game, it's like 11 touches for 27 yards.
MJW

Postby MJW » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:48 pm

I guess what I'm saying is, Bell is better than Doug Martin.

Also, that must be nice.
MJW

Postby MarineBuc » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 am

MJW wrote:I guess what I'm saying is, Bell is better than Doug Martin.

Whaaaaat? That's really a bold statement, Cotton.
MarineBuc

Postby Super K » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Story flying everywhere today is that Bell showed up super late and nearly missed ALL of the walkthrough last Saturday before the Jags game...

He them followed that up by arriving to Heinz Field late on Sunday...

Ed Bouchette (sp) is reporting it and it was on all the local sports talk shows..
Super K

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Super K wrote:Story flying everywhere today is that Bell showed up super late and nearly missed ALL of the walkthrough last Saturday before the Jags game...

Ed Bouchette (sp) is reporting it and it was on all the local sports talk shows..

According to a source from the Steelers Bell consistently did this throughout the season. Players were mandated to show up 2 hours before games and he often showed up 20-30 min before and would ignore any questions as to why he was late. This was per ESPN radio today.
uscbucsfan

Postby MJW » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Super K wrote:Story flying everywhere today is that Bell showed up super late and nearly missed ALL of the walkthrough last Saturday before the Jags game...

According to a source from the Steelers Bell consistently did this throughout the season. Players were mandated to show up 2 hours before games and he often showed up 20-30 min before and would ignore any questions as to why he was late. This was per ESPN radio today.

If this stuff is true and the Steelers still pay him, it tells you all you need to know about matters in an NFL player.
MJW

Postby NYBF » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 am

MJW wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

If this stuff is true and the Steelers still pay him, it tells you all you need to know about matters in an NFL player.

Ray Rice knocked his fiance out in an elevator on camera. Got two games. Dozens of women showed up to camp wearing his jersey in a show of support. THAT SAME TEAM had a player who murdered two men after a Super Bowl party. They never blinked.

Showing up late to meetings and still getting a contract seems kind of tame.
NYBF

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:19 pm

NYBF wrote:
MJW wrote:

Ray Rice knocked his fiance out in an elevator on camera. Got two games. Dozens of women showed up to camp wearing his jersey in a show of support. THAT SAME TEAM had a player who murdered two men after a Super Bowl party. They never blinked.

Gotta agree here. Keep things in perspective. Leonard Fournette was suspended the same number of games for being late or missing a Saturday meeting as Michael Crabtree and Aqib Talib were for full out brawling during a game.

In a league where guys who use drugs, hit women, get arrested and suspended get 2nd chances, being late for meetings and getting less than a slap on the wrist seems about to me. The only thing that won't get you a 2nd chance these days is taking a knee in protest.
Bootz2004

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:01 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Gotta agree here. Keep things in perspective. Leonard Fournette was suspended the same number of games for being late or missing a Saturday meeting as Michael Crabtree and Aqib Talib were for full out brawling during a game.

In a league where guys who use drugs, hit women, get arrested and suspended get 2nd chances, being late for meetings and getting less than a slap on the wrist seems about to me. The only thing that won't get you a 2nd chance these days is taking a knee in protest.

Not if you’re the guy who starts the movement.
PrimeMinister

Postby MJW » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:46 pm

There's a difference between "off the field" character and "on the field" character. It's not a matter of a guy's morality. It's a matter of his teammates being able to trust him, and his behavior undermining the coaching staff.
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:49 pm

MJW wrote:There's a difference between "off the field" character and "on the field" character. It's not a matter of a guy's morality. It's a matter of his teammates being able to trust him, and his behavior undermining the coaching staff.

Yea, better to have a guy who sexually harrasses women than a guy who's late to the team meeting. Totally trust a molester more....
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:29 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:There's a difference between "off the field" character and "on the field" character. It's not a matter of a guy's morality. It's a matter of his teammates being able to trust him, and his behavior undermining the coaching staff.

Yea, better to have a guy who sexually harrasses women than a guy who's late to the team meeting. Totally trust a molester more....

Better than for who?
MJW

Postby NYBF » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:50 am

Who has meetings on the field?
NYBF

Postby Sammich » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Sadly, this is correct. Missing a meeting fucks with the team and could cause a loss if that player isn't on the same page as the rest of his unit. Beating up (or worse) a random person doesn't hurt the team at all.
Sammich

Postby Sammich » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Because those 2 resources you're comparing aren't even close in value. A first round pick (especially a high first) is the most valuable resource in the NFL. 17M isn't even close. If a team offered to sell their top 10 pick for 17M how many of the other teams would buy it? All 31.

What did Cleveland pay for that 2nd in the Osweiller contract dump? Quite a bit.
Sammich

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Sammich wrote:

Because those 2 resources you're comparing aren't even close in value. A first round pick (especially a high first) is the most valuable resource in the NFL. 17M isn't even close. If a team offered to sell their top 10 pick for 17M how many of the other teams would buy it? All 31.

What did Cleveland pay for that 2nd in the Osweiller contract dump? Quite a bit.

Yep. And we all know this is true. RBF just has an agenda and will stop at nothing to get it thru.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Sammich wrote:

Sadly, this is correct. Missing a meeting fucks with the team and could cause a loss if that player isn't on the same page as the rest of his unit. Beating up (or worse) a random person doesn't hurt the team at all.

I love it.

"Hey, did you hear what happened?"
"No, what"
"They fired Mike because he was late to that staff meeting the other week"
"Oh man but what about Chris, he got to keep his job"
"He only got arrested for beating up his wife. That's nothing. Doesn't effect the company at all. They don't care. She probably had it coming."
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:58 pm

"I'm sorry Chris, but you're going to have tweet an apology. Here, we've already prepared it for you"
Nano

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Sammich wrote:

You don't have a clue what you're talking about here. Bells cap hit (let's say 17 million per over 5 years) traded for a top 10 pick is worth over 20 million in cap space per year for 5 years. That's over 100 million. That's what Aaron Rodgers makes. Using Cleveland as an example doesn't help you either.
real bucs fan

Postby MJW » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:26 pm

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Better than for who?

Still waiting.
MJW

Postby Caradoc » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:28 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Sammich wrote:

You don't have a clue what you're talking about here. Bells cap hit (let's say 17 million per over 5 years) traded for a top 10 pick is worth over 20 million in cap space per year for 5 years. That's over 100 million. That's what Aaron Rodgers makes. Using Cleveland as an example doesn't help you either.

Damn that is clueless. :roll:
Caradoc

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Impending free agent Le'Veon Bell said he and the Steelers are in active contract talks and are "a lot closer" than they were last year.

Bell turned down an extension last year that would have guaranteed him $30 million over the first two years of the deal and paid around $12 million annually, which would have easily made him the league's highest-paid back. He played 2017 on the $12.1 million franchise tag. This year, the tag would cost around $14.5 million. Bell turns 26 next month. He's going to get paid either way.
Phantom Phenom

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions