Why Is There Not A Thread About This Yet?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Why Is There Not A Thread About This Yet?

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 am

DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:49 am

The fact that they released a statement only enhances the fact that there are issues.
Bootz2004

Postby Mex-Buc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:55 am

Bootz2004 wrote:The fact that they released a statement only enhances the fact that there are issues.

First time I agree with you, *****.
Mex-Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:04 pm

I don’t. Someone made a negative claim about them. They put out a short statement to defend their name.

Just like Winston put out a denial when accused of the Uber thing...does that mean there is an issue there too?

People have every right to respond
Zarniwoop

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:The fact that they released a statement only enhances the fact that there are issues.

what a joke. those dudes read the news too. they see how much little school girls are eating this tabloid **** up and they decided to make a statement to remind ya'll how grown ass men act
beardmcdoug

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Every year it's always some sort of "Break up the Patriots!" bullshit. Seeing is believing. We all know it's going to end. All dynasties do. And sooner rather than later given Brady's age. Hell, maybe this will be the last year. Still, what better way for the media to play it to make a buck than this type of article? It's great gossip and fans eat it up...especially fans that hate the Patriots. When it ends, it ends. It may very well be the last NFL dynasty we ever see again and, as a NFL fan, I feel fortunate I was able to witness it first hand.

There was probably some truths in that article. At the same time, there was probably some untruths and a lot of speculation in it as well. Some of what was written is inevitable given the egos of two great competitors (Brady & Belichick). Finally, maybe, just maybe, Belichick is done with the NFL Circus and is ready to step away from the game. And who would blame him if he did?

Bottom line, based on what I've seen in the past, where the media has written about the demise of the Patriots only to see them, not only continue, but win, I'm not ready to bet this team, as we've known it for 18 years, is finished after this season.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:16 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
I don't think he's that level of petty but you bring up an interesting situation.

I agree, but if BB really feels like it's time for him to move since ownership is making football decisions behind his back I could certainly see him advising both McDaniels and Patricia to take HC jobs then retiring himself just to prove a point to Kraft. This would put the onus on Kraft and Brady to win without Belichick (and without either coordinator).

If it plays out like that and the Pats go 8-8/9-7 next year with entirely new coaching staff it would only bolster Belichicks legacy and ego.

But alas, I don't think he's that petty. But it wouldn't surprise me at all either.

I wouldn't be so sure that McDaniels or Patricia want to be the heir to BB. Talk about a large shadow. They may very well want to be able to go and carve out their own path somewhere.
Deja Entendu

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:33 pm

Buc2 wrote:There was probably some truths in that article. At the same time, there was probably some untruths and a lot of speculation in it as well.

100% THIS!!

This is how all media operates today. A little truth doused in a bunch of agenda driven falsehoods and speculation.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
I agree, but if BB really feels like it's time for him to move since ownership is making football decisions behind his back I could certainly see him advising both McDaniels and Patricia to take HC jobs then retiring himself just to prove a point to Kraft. This would put the onus on Kraft and Brady to win without Belichick (and without either coordinator).

If it plays out like that and the Pats go 8-8/9-7 next year with entirely new coaching staff it would only bolster Belichicks legacy and ego.

But alas, I don't think he's that petty. But it wouldn't surprise me at all either.

I wouldn't be so sure that McDaniels or Patricia want to be the heir to BB. Talk about a large shadow. They may very well want to be able to go and carve out their own path somewhere.

Agreed.
DreadNaught

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:37 pm

I literally just came back from lunch where I heard a couple of guys talking about how over-rated the Patriots are. Then I get back to my desk and check to see what this board is up to and I find this post at the top.

Now, granted, I live in Charlotte where the hate for the Patriots is particularly high. I don't like the Patriots, either. **** em, right? But, the last time they had a losing season...

You could meet your friend/relative at their gate as they got off the plane.

You probably didn't have a cell phone.

You probably hadn't heard of Coldplay.

Scrubs wasn't even a TV show, yet.

Facebook wasn't even a college thing, yet. Neither was MySpace. Hell, Friendster wasn't even a thing, yet.

Work computers were still a couple years from being upgraded to Windows 98.

You got on the internet listening to AOL beep and chirp and then probably asked Jeeves a question before updating your Geocities page with another animated glitter kitten gif.

Bill Clinton was still making moves on interns in the oval office.

Tony Gwynn was still playing baseball.

You hadn't even heard your first Chuck Norris joke, yet.

So, yea, calling them over-rated is easily the dumbest thing I'll hear today. Also, the run has to end at some point, right? I expect more articles like this to start coming with increased frequency as time goes on.
Last edited by mightyleemoon on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightyleemoon

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Welcome back Moon, hope you had a good holiday.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:52 pm

Predictable comment left in the drafts folder:

The fact that they didn't release a statement only enhances the fact that there are issues.

Also, "enhances" is the wrong word.
NYBF

Postby Doctor » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:53 pm

The issue is one every great team and QB have to go through from Favre to Montanna. You're getting old, when do we move on? But the difference is that Tom is STILL winning superbowls and while he's looked a little less Tom like recently, he's still Tom Brady. The truth is that the NE fan base (and BB to a point) are somewhat spoiled. They don't see just how rare getting a shot at ONE Lombardi is that they are seeing how they can keep winning multiple ones in the 2020s. At the end of the year I don't care how great Jimmy G ends up he could be a McNabb or a Marino. I'll take one more ring with Brady in 2019 or 2021 than 12 years of awesome Jimmy G play. The ONLY thing that makes Jimmy G a better option is if he will end up winning you MORE superbowls than Brady. And honestly that thought is like hunting a unicorn. But when you are the Pats I guess unicorns is what you aim for.

I mean it's a tense issue sure, but nothing Kraft, Tom, and BB can't work through. You're talking about the single more successful franchise in a generation. One that's on a standard on all it's own. And when you've been on top so long I imagine you get frustrated not being able to go anywhere else that you'll start looking at even beyond that. For the next few years whenever Brady losses in the playoffs BB will be asking himself if he could have won it all (again) with Jimmy. Meanwhile, Brady still thinks he can go and if he can- keep going. Keep winning. QBs come out every year, if you have to draft and groom a new one during a bumpy season or two in 2024, oh well. Welcome to being every other franchise NE.
Doctor

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Pretty sure ESPN is going to say the Pats colluded with Russia to win those Super Bowls. What a shitshow that network has become.
Caradoc

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Caradoc wrote:Pretty sure ESPN is going to say the Pats colluded with Russia to win those Super Bowls. What a shitshow that network has become.

So much truth.
DanTurksGhost

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Caradoc wrote:Pretty sure ESPN is going to say the Pats colluded with Russia to win those Super Bowls. What a shitshow that network has become.

Admin please move to political board

:)
Jason Bourne

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:59 pm

NYBF wrote:Predictable comment left in the drafts folder:

The fact that they didn't release a statement only enhances the fact that there are issues.

Also, "enhances" is the wrong word.

They probably meant to say "foray"
:lol:
Caradoc

Postby ComingThisFall » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:

So much truth.

Around the Horn and Highly Questionable are the only ESPN shows I watch any more and that’s only occasionally at the gym (cant skip leg day). So it was funny to see all the ATH panel to buy into that article as gospel.
ComingThisFall

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:20 pm

ComingThisFall wrote:Around the Horn and Highly Questionable are the only ESPN shows I watch any more and that’s only occasionally at the gym (cant skip leg day). So it was funny to see all the ATH panel to buy into that article as gospel.

I can't tell you the last time I watched ESPN. Probably when Berman was still kicking it.
DanTurksGhost

Postby Teitan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:05 pm

The buzz is now that Belichick has interest in the Giants job.
Teitan

Postby MJW » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:11 am

Belichick, left to his own devices, starts Jimmy G. and dumps Brady. I have no doubt of this.
MJW

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 am

Belichick jumping ship would be quite the surprise, and a huge middle finger to Kraft. I don't buy the rumors of him wanting the Giants job, he'd just be entering another situation with an aging QB who is beloved by the owner and fans. They have the pick to draft a replacement, but they aren't contending for Super Bowls now like Bill wants. I honestly think Brady and Belichick are back in 2018. That could be their last season together, obviously any year at this point will be with Brady at 40, but with Jimmy G now gone they basically have no choice but to roll with another year of Brady and Belichick knows that is his best chance at another Lombardi.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Kress » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:43 am

It is odd. San Francisco didn't dump Young behind Montana. Green Bay didn't dump Rodgers behind Favre. Etcetera. Why would they trade the future for a second round pick? It screams of ego getting involved in the place of logic.
Kress

Postby acmillis » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:11 am

It screams of Belichek not believing in Jimmy G as the heir apparent to Brady, nothing more IMO.
acmillis

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:30 am

acmillis wrote:It screams of Belichek not believing in Jimmy G as the heir apparent to Brady, nothing more IMO.

More like Brady telling his wife he keeps having nightmares about getting traded to Cleveland for 2 1st round picks. Pouting to her, saying I cant operate this way.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 am

SHE WAKES HIM UP! Honey you kept saying I know Bill I know BillI know Bill I know Bill...
mdb1958

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:56 am

acmillis wrote:It screams of Belichek not believing in Jimmy G as the heir apparent to Brady, nothing more IMO.

So JimmyG sucks according to Belichick?
DreadNaught

Postby acmillis » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:00 am

DreadNaught wrote:

So JimmyG sucks according to Belichick?

Idk, you don't know, I'm sure BB is the only one who truly knows.
Do I think BB believes he can get more value out of that 2nd round pick he acquired than he would have gotten out of JG? Yes, I do.
acmillis

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:17 am

Kress wrote:It is odd. San Francisco didn't dump Young behind Montana. Green Bay didn't dump Rodgers behind Favre. Etcetera. Why would they trade the future for a second round pick? It screams of ego getting involved in the place of logic.

I believe JG let them know that he was going to test the market. Whether Brady sticks around for another few years, or JG has to replace the GOAT, it's a bad situation all around. I think the Pats thought Jimmy should feel privileged to be a Patriot and be the heir to Brady, but Jimmy just wanted to get out from that shadow and make his own mark with a new team as The Man ala Kyrie Irving.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:24 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Kress wrote:It is odd. San Francisco didn't dump Young behind Montana. Green Bay didn't dump Rodgers behind Favre. Etcetera. Why would they trade the future for a second round pick? It screams of ego getting involved in the place of logic.

I believe JG let them know that he was going to test the market. Whether Brady sticks around for another few years, or JG has to replace the GOAT, it's a bad situation all around. I think the Pats thought Jimmy should feel privileged to be a Patriot and be the heir to Brady, but Jimmy just wanted to get out from that shadow and make his own mark with a new team as The Man ala Kyrie Irving.

Wonderful fiction piece, RBF.
Bootz2004

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions