Why Is There Not A Thread About This Yet?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Why Is There Not A Thread About This Yet?

Postby MJW » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:49 am

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/ho ... r-struggle

I've been seeing various versions of this story leaking through the cracks for months now. It's really the only explanation for the Jimmy G. trade. And it does NOT make Tom Brady look good at all.
MJW

Re: Why Is There Not A Thread About This Yet?

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:11 am

Reads like a gossip rag, and personally I don't feel like a lot of the pieces they present really fit.

I did find it interesting that according to this article the Jimmy G. trade went down 100% differently than in every other report that had John Lynch play the hero -- only getting Garropolo after being denied and in turn asking for Brady.
Deja Entendu

Postby Teitan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:14 am

I think the asking for Brady was a joke..

This story is really gaining traction though.
Teitan

Postby Kress » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:19 am

I thought it was pretty much assumed that Brady is a pompous ****. And his wife is worse.
Kress

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 am

Kress wrote:I thought it was pretty much assumed that Brady is a pompous ****. And his wife is worse.

This
Jason Bourne

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:31 am

Kress wrote:I thought it was pretty much assumed that Brady is a pompous ****. And his wife is worse.

His lashing out after mistakes and/or being criticized isn't anything new that was sparked by this new "tension" either.
Deja Entendu

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:40 am

I love a good cup of hot tea in the morning. This line made me laugh.

For Brady, a self-described "loner" who always seemed most comfortable surrounded by family or on a football field, the book represented a move to extend his brand beyond the game -- and beyond the Patriots. Until a few years ago, he seemed uninterested in ever doing so, content to be a father and husband and son and brother and transcendent quarterback, knowing there wasn't time for much else.

As if he had never done anything like endorsements, Ads, created his own website devoted to him, movies, TV shows, dated an actress and then married arguably the most successful model in the world. Yea he's just stuck to his football and family.....
Bootz2004

Postby Teitan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:46 am

Bootz2004 wrote:I love a good cup of hot tea in the morning. This line made me laugh.

For Brady, a self-described "loner" who always seemed most comfortable surrounded by family or on a football field, the book represented a move to extend his brand beyond the game -- and beyond the Patriots. Until a few years ago, he seemed uninterested in ever doing so, content to be a father and husband and son and brother and transcendent quarterback, knowing there wasn't time for much else.

As if he had never done anything like endorsements, Ads, created his own website devoted to him, movies, TV shows, dated an actress and then married arguably the most successful model in the world. Yea he's just stuck to his football and family.....

That’s the persona he wants everyone to believe. He’s the fakest motherfucker in sports.
Teitan

Postby RedLeader » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:56 am

Bunch of ****ing haters in here. Lol.
RedLeader

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:56 am

Teitan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:I love a good cup of hot tea in the morning. This line made me laugh.

That’s the persona he wants everyone to believe. He’s the fakest motherfucker in sports.

No doubt about that. I can't blame him however. Belichick is exactly the same way.
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:00 am

JFC ESPN is a sinking so fast... full blown gossip column level bullshit

Gotta stir the pot before the playoffs so that TB and BB don't get that 6th SB - bad for business to have the GOAT discussion put to bed for the rest of eternity
beardmcdoug

Postby Teitan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:01 am

ESPN is not the first place I’ve seen this. A die hard patriot fan I know was talking about it weeks ago. There seems to be a lot of smoke.
Teitan

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:05 am

Teitan wrote:ESPN is not the first place I’ve seen this. A die hard patriot fan I know was talking about it weeks ago. There seems to be a lot of smoke.

Russillo dropped some hints about this about a month ago from a source of his.
uscbucsfan

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:06 am

Teitan wrote:ESPN is not the first place I’ve seen this. A die hard patriot fan I know was talking about it weeks ago. There seems to be a lot of smoke.

yeah PFT.com was drumming up **** a couple weeks ago - particularly about BB not liking TB's trainer.

uhhh BFD - it's 3 grown ass men - I'm sure they can sort it out

non story

next
beardmcdoug

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:07 am

beardmcdoug wrote:

yeah PFT.com was drumming up **** a couple weeks ago - particularly about BB not liking TB's trainer.

uhhh BFD - it's 3 grown ass men - I'm sure they can sort it out

non story

next

Completely agree. According to Russillo this is standard **** for them. They just keep everything so locked up that it's a full blown bonanza when it comes out.
uscbucsfan

Postby Teitan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:10 am

I think the Garapollo thing is the real meat. If belichick thought he could get 5 or so more years of championship football out of Jimmy G, I understand him being pissed
Teitan

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:16 am

I haven't read it yet, but the comments from some media folks on twitter suggest Bill Belichick was the source here, which I find odd when it comes to seeking 'credit for the dynasty'. BB was the first head coach I remember using the phrase 'players league' and always deflecting the credit to the players on the field. In addition the guy dislikes the media, so I have some difficulty believing he would be the source for such an article that would serve as a distraction.

That said, I could totally believe BB would be ready to move to JG in 2018 regardless of how this season turned out. BB has never been loyal on an emotional/sentimental level to any players and moving on from a 41 year old QB (despite Brady being the GOAT) makes tons of sense. JG has shown he was ready to step in and win games in the NFL. So perhaps BB wasn't excited about Brady and Kraft going around him when it comes to personnel decisions.

I'd love to see BB retire after this season and how that would play out for that franchise in 2018 (and beyond).
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:28 am

DreadNaught wrote:I haven't read it yet, but the comments from some media folks on twitter suggest Bill Belichick was the source here, which I find odd when it comes to seeking 'credit for the dynasty'. BB was the first head coach I remember using the phrase 'players league' and always deflecting the credit to the players on the field. In addition the guy dislikes the media, so I have some difficulty believing he would be the source for such an article that would serve as a distraction.

That said, I could totally believe BB would be ready to move to JG in 2018 regardless of how this season turned out. BB has never been loyal on an emotional/sentimental level to any players and moving on from a 41 year old QB (despite Brady being the GOAT) makes tons of sense. JG has shown he was ready to step in and win games in the NFL. So perhaps BB wasn't excited about Brady and Kraft going around him when it comes to personnel decisions.

I'd love to see BB retire after this season and how that would play out for that franchise in 2018 (and beyond).

Given how selfish and secretive Belichick is it wouldn't shock me if he retired and never spoke a word as to why.
Bootz2004

Postby Teitan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:33 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:I haven't read it yet, but the comments from some media folks on twitter suggest Bill Belichick was the source here, which I find odd when it comes to seeking 'credit for the dynasty'. BB was the first head coach I remember using the phrase 'players league' and always deflecting the credit to the players on the field. In addition the guy dislikes the media, so I have some difficulty believing he would be the source for such an article that would serve as a distraction.

Given how selfish and secretive Belichick is it wouldn't shock me if he retired and never spoke a word as to why.

After Patricia and McDaniels take jobs elsewhere.
Teitan

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:49 am

Given how losing coordinators has been so devastating for him in the past...
Ken Carson

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:53 am

Teitan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I don't think he's that level of petty but you bring up an interesting situation.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:11 am

My gut tells me the Pats traded JG because they knew he was a goner. Staying in New England is career suicide, either you're stuck behind Brady or your the guy who has to follow Brady. I think JG privately let it be known as negotiations were under way that he was out. Pats just got what they could for him, and getting a high 2nd for a few games of an impending UFA is pretty good in a vacuum.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:18 am

Know what would be really funny? If the Pats traded up into the top 5 and drafted a QB. Won't happen, but I'd laugh my ass off if it did. They could trade their next 3 round one picks and it probably wouldn't hurt them at all, especially considering their round one picks are always at the bottom of the round.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Teitan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:24 am

Buc2 wrote:Know what would be really funny? If the Pats traded up into the top 5 and drafted a QB. Won't happen, but I'd laugh my ass off if it did. They could trade their next 3 round one picks and it probably wouldn't hurt them at all, especially considering their round one picks are always at the bottom of the round.

It would definitely hurt them. That defense is hurting for talent.
Teitan

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:45 am

Teitan wrote:

Based on what?

Personally I have no idea what he's really like, and that's very much by design. I wouldn't call that being fake. He's just guarded. Many celebrities are.

I think this is all tabloid BS.
Deja Entendu

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:48 am

I also find it hard to believe Bill had his hand forced with the trade.
Deja Entendu

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:48 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Teitan wrote:

I don't think he's that level of petty but you bring up an interesting situation.

I agree, but if BB really feels like it's time for him to move since ownership is making football decisions behind his back I could certainly see him advising both McDaniels and Patricia to take HC jobs then retiring himself just to prove a point to Kraft. This would put the onus on Kraft and Brady to win without Belichick (and without either coordinator).

If it plays out like that and the Pats go 8-8/9-7 next year with entirely new coaching staff it would only bolster Belichicks legacy and ego.

But alas, I don't think he's that petty. But it wouldn't surprise me at all either.
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:07 am

Teitan wrote:

Guy just wants to win. And he does. Stop hating.
real bucs fan

Postby Teitan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:10 am

Not taking anything away from what he does on the field. Just anytime he speaks I don’t feel he’s genuine.
Teitan

Postby PanteraCanes » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:29 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I agree, but if BB really feels like it's time for him to move since ownership is making football decisions behind his back I could certainly see him advising both McDaniels and Patricia to take HC jobs then retiring himself just to prove a point to Kraft. This would put the onus on Kraft and Brady to win without Belichick (and without either coordinator).

If it plays out like that and the Pats go 8-8/9-7 next year with entirely new coaching staff it would only bolster Belichicks legacy and ego.

But alas, I don't think he's that petty. But it wouldn't surprise me at all either.

Any thought to him possibly going to another team? Is it just the age thing that people think he might just retire instead of finding another team. Either immediately going to another team or taking a year or two off. Possibly doing what some other coaches have done and go and run an organization instead of coach it.
PanteraCanes

Next

Return to Team Discussions