TJ ward arrested possession if cannabis

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: TJ ward arrested possession if cannabis

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:02 am

Still standing by my Derwin James prediction...
Brazen331

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:08 am

Political donations from Big Pharma and the prison system go to BOTH sides to halt marijuana legalization. It's establishment bureaucrats more than the right or left wingers people want wag their finger at.

I think Buc2 described it good. It's not like Hillary Clinton was campaigning on marijuana legalization or would've pushed for it had she won. So I think it's a bit disingenuous to blame the right on a national level. That said, Florida is run by the right currently so when it comes to why things are happening slowly here after the 2016 vote it's certainly valid criticism. But on a national level the issue is the money being thrown at these politicians from orgs that profit from pot being illegal.
DreadNaught

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Fun fact: Felony possession is 20 or more grams.

Can I have one of those florets please?

Your name is actually the acronym for a strain of cannabis, mdb. Mdb = Mendo Breath. So maybe you should ask for florets of Mendo Breath? Or better yet, get yourself a disposable vape pen filled with Mendo Breath oil. Everyone will think it's an e-cig.
Brazen331

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:21 am

the boomers have awoken...
beardmcdoug

Postby Swashy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:51 am

lmfao it just keeps getting better
Swashy

Postby Buc You » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:the boomers have awoken...

Oh God, what are they here to ruin this time?
Buc You

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:26 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Name one and provide a link.

It is true that most (not all) Repub state legislators are still against legalizing marijuana because that is what their constituents still want. But Repub voters are moving more and more towards legalization (51% per this WaPo article). I'm confident that it won't be long before Repub legislators start voting yea on this issue as the number of their voters increase in support of legalization. It is past time to stop with this silly ****. Legalize marijuana across the country (like alcohol) and move on to more important drug abuse issues like decreasing opioid abuse.

Absolutely. My local city government blocked any pot dispensaries from opening in town and the public backlash was huge. (Trump won 70% of the vote here)
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:It is true that most (not all) Repub state legislators are still against legalizing marijuana because that is what their constituents still want. But Repub voters are moving more and more towards legalization (51% per this WaPo article). I'm confident that it won't be long before Repub legislators start voting yea on this issue as the number of their voters increase in support of legalization. It is past time to stop with this silly ****. Legalize marijuana across the country (like alcohol) and move on to more important drug abuse issues like decreasing opioid abuse.

Absolutely. My local city government blocked any pot dispensaries from opening in town and the public backlash was huge. (Trump won 70% of the vote here)

Is the backlash going to change the city’s stance?
PrimeMinister

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:00 pm

This is all being done the wrong way. The change needs to happen at the federal level.
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:11 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Absolutely. My local city government blocked any pot dispensaries from opening in town and the public backlash was huge. (Trump won 70% of the vote here)

Is the backlash going to change the city’s stance?

Not so far.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:This is all being done the wrong way. The change needs to happen at the federal level.

I know you don't mean that :)
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Yes, it needs to be repealed at the federal level.

It might not matter what states do anyway...Sessions might go after them anyway

This way states will always be protected ... it won’t be at the whim of the Justice Dept
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Yes, it needs to be repealed at the federal level.

This way states will always be protected ... it won’t be at the whim of the Justice Dept

So much of this.
uscbucsfan

Postby terrytate » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:27 pm

There are still places where Prohibition is still in effect. Just because the feds decriminilaze it doesn't mean individual states or counties will.
terrytate

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:30 pm

terrytate wrote:

There are still places where Prohibition is still in effect. Just because the feds decriminilaze it doesn't mean individual states or counties will.

Yes that’s correct. Each state gets to decide on its own and the feds can’t get involved.

As of now their “choice” is at the whim of whoever controls the dept of justice
Zarniwoop

Postby MikeC » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:49 pm

Back to T.J. Ward for a second...this is a non-issue. I have an anti-weed opinion, but I recognize it’s not that big of a deal. It’s akin to being busted with a case of beer during prohibition. If the guy can play and wants to play for us, resign him.
MikeC

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:This is all being done the wrong way. The change needs to happen at the federal level.

I absolutely agree. But, on the other hand, if enough states go to legalization, it could very well force the hand of the fed.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:06 pm

MikeC wrote:Back to T.J. Ward for a second...this is a non-issue. I have an anti-weed opinion, but I recognize it’s not that big of a deal. It’s akin to being busted with a case of beer during prohibition. If the guy can play and wants to play for us, resign him.

I think Roger Goodell disagrees
Jason Bourne

Postby Caradoc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:51 pm

Buc2 wrote:

I absolutely agree. But, on the other hand, if enough states go to legalization, it could very well force the hand of the fed.

I'm fine with federalism on this one. Let the states decide for themselves. I'm also fine with blanket legalization.

The ban is stupid, dangerous, and counterproductive. "Gateway Drug" is a propaganda term. The only people who benefit from the ban are dealers.
Caradoc

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:54 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I absolutely agree. But, on the other hand, if enough states go to legalization, it could very well force the hand of the fed.

I'm fine with federalism on this one. Let the states decide for themselves. I'm also fine with blanket legalization.

The ban is stupid, dangerous, and counterproductive. "Gateway Drug" is a propaganda term. The only people who benefit from the ban are dealers.

If it were a gateway drug, I would have OD'd on Heroin or something before I was 19.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Caradoc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

If it were a gateway drug, I would have OD'd on Heroin or something before I was 19.

If there is a "Gateway Drug", it's alcohol. It's the first drug kids get their hands on.

Making pot illegal just forces people to deal with criminals to get it. Any potential benefit of people not buying it because of it's illegality is offset by kids being put in contact with people who have a vested financial incentive in selling them harder and more expensive drugs
Caradoc

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Just a side note but smoking pot in NOT harmless . Smoking causes cancer .. public service announcement.
Carry on
Jason Bourne

Postby Caradoc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:33 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:Just a side note but smoking pot in NOT harmless . Smoking causes cancer .. public service announcement.
Carry on

Plenty of things are correlated to higher risk of cancer and most aren't banned. I'd say pot is also less harmful than alcohol by a long shot.
Caradoc

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Just a side note but smoking pot in NOT harmless . Smoking causes cancer .. public service announcement.
Carry on

Plenty of things are correlated to higher risk of cancer and most aren't banned. I'd say pot is also less harmful than alcohol by a long shot.

and of course we all saw this headline yesterday:

How alcohol damages stem cell DNA and increases cancer risk

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN1ES1N2
Their findings offered more detail about how alcohol increases the risk of developing 7 types of cancer, including common forms such as breast and bowel cancer. It also showed how the body seeks to defend against the damage alcohol can do.

“Some cancers develop due to DNA damage in stem cells. While some damage occurs by chance, our findings suggest that drinking alcohol can increase the risk of this damage,” said Ketan Patel, a professor at the Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, who co-led the study.

The World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer classifies alcohol as a Group 1 carcinogen, citing “convincing evidence” it causes cancer in humans.
beardmcdoug

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Carry on

Vape it, dab it, eat it, shove it up your rectum if you’re so inclined, no cancer. However, certain cannabis products like Rick Simpson Oil are being marketed right now as cures for cancer. Now that is something Sessions can crack down on.
Brazen331

Postby Caradoc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:17 pm

Sessions is a douche. Trump's biggest mistake so far.
Caradoc

Postby acmillis » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Sorry.... I thought this was TD
acmillis

Postby The Outsider » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:41 pm

God dam Trump ruining my Team Discussion!
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I absolutely agree. But, on the other hand, if enough states go to legalization, it could very well force the hand of the fed.

Are you including big pharma under "dealers"?
NYBF

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Honestly, I'm tired of hearing about people being arrested for a substance that is way less harmful than most legal substances. But as for T.J. Ward, he was an epic disappointment on the field and his attitude wasn't anything to rave about either. He couldn't stand out among the likes of Chris Conte, Keith Tandy, Justin Evans, etc. I wouldn't offer him a penny to come back even if he wasn't just arrested, regardless of what for.
Miller4Prez64

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions