***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby NYBF » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Kaepernick should have dragged a woman down the stairs and stomped a mud hole in her. Then he'd have a job.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5907
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Hatter » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:11 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:Who caresssss


Seconded..
I'm so sick of this, and he wonders why no team wants him?
Image
User avatar
Hatter
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Location: He Is Coming..
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Hatter wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:Who caresssss


Seconded..
I'm so sick of this, and he wonders why no team wants him?


Yea it's Better to have the drug abusing, steroid using, DUI getting, woman beating players instead, right?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23216
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby NYBF » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Hatter wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:Who caresssss


Seconded..
I'm so sick of this, and he wonders why no team wants him?


..........
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5907
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Hatter » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Hatter wrote:
Seconded..
I'm so sick of this, and he wonders why no team wants him?


Yea it's Better to have the drug abusing, steroid using, DUI getting, woman beating players instead, right?

Not taking your bait... and I didn't say that. Im tired of Kap period. Teams have a right as an employer to place guidelines to follow.
I nor anyone I know could get away with this where I work, don't see why players can. End of story.
Image
User avatar
Hatter
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Location: He Is Coming..
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Hatter wrote:
Seconded..
I'm so sick of this, and he wonders why no team wants him?


Yea it's Better to have the drug abusing, steroid using, DUI getting, woman beating players instead, right?

I'll bite.

Kaep and kneeling during the anthem has a negative impact on profits in the eyes of owners.

Players doing the things you said don't as much, if at all.

It's as simple as that. If kneeling didn't produce a huge drop in ratings most owners wouldn't care. If abuse, cheating, DUI's equated to lower ratings and loss of money they would care more.

In the end it's the consumer who decides these things.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4672
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Cheb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:34 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yea it's Better to have the drug abusing, steroid using, DUI getting, woman beating players instead, right?

I'll bite.

Kaep and kneeling during the anthem has a negative impact on profits in the eyes of owners.

Players doing the things you said don't as much, if at all.

It's as simple as that. If kneeling didn't produce a huge drop in ratings most owners wouldn't care. If abuse, cheating, DUI's equated to lower ratings and loss of money they would care more.

In the end it's the consumer who decides these things.


You aren't wrong.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 329 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:53 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yea it's Better to have the drug abusing, steroid using, DUI getting, woman beating players instead, right?

I'll bite.

Kaep and kneeling during the anthem has a negative impact on profits in the eyes of owners.

Players doing the things you said don't as much, if at all.

It's as simple as that. If kneeling didn't produce a huge drop in ratings most owners wouldn't care. If abuse, cheating, DUI's equated to lower ratings and loss of money they would care more.

In the end it's the consumer who decides these things.


How much did ratings change due to Kap kneeling?

Edit:

You’re pushing a narrative that doesn’t hold up. NFL ratings have been declining for several years now.

NFL ratings stalled in 2015

NFL viewership had a pretty steady climb through 2014. But in 2015 ratings leveled. Then in 2016 viewership fell a whopping 9%. During the first 6 weeks of the 2016 regular season (into early October) viewership was down 11%. Through the first 9 weeks of 2016 ratings were down 14% before things finally leveled off. Although nobody had a clear explanation why viewership declined so markedly, there was widespread agreement that 2016 was a ratings crash for the league. Fox had its worst NFL viewership since 2008, and ESPN had its worst since 2005.

Interestingly, later analysis showed that overall people were watching 5% more games. But they were watching less of each game. In other words, fans had become more casual about their viewership. People were watching less TV, watching less cable, and that included live sports. And those who stream games almost never streamed the entire game.

And this behavior change wasn't limited to the NFL. As reported at Politifact.com, Paulsen, editor in chief of Sports Media Watch said, "it's really important to note the NFL is not declining while other leagues are increasing. NASCAR ratings are in the cellar right now. The NBA had some of its lowest rated games ever on network television last year... It's an industry-wide phenomenon and the NFL isn't immune to it anymore." So the declining viewership problem is widespread, and much older than the recent national anthem controversy.

Live sports is not attracting new, younger viewers...


https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartun ... dfd0cb4efc
Last edited by PrimeMinister on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 8041
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:56 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I'll bite.

Kaep and kneeling during the anthem has a negative impact on profits in the eyes of owners.

Players doing the things you said don't as much, if at all.

It's as simple as that. If kneeling didn't produce a huge drop in ratings most owners wouldn't care. If abuse, cheating, DUI's equated to lower ratings and loss of money they would care more.

In the end it's the consumer who decides these things.


How much did ratings change due to Kap kneeling?

Enough to create a large enough loss for owners, of all political leanings, to eradicate it from the league.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4672
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:59 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
How much did ratings change due to Kap kneeling?

Enough to create a large enough loss for owners, of all political leanings, to eradicate it from the league.


You’re wrong. NFL ratings have been tanking since 2015. It’s a demographic issue and not hiring Kap won’t change that.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 8041
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:03 pm

NYBF wrote:Kaepernick should have dragged a woman down the stairs and stomped a mud hole in her. Then he'd have a job.


As much as you want this to be about ideology, it’s just not. The major reason why Kao doesn’t have a job is because he sucks and can’t win football games.

If he was a good QB he would have a job, kneeling and all. All you SJWs think he has a right to sit on the bench because he might be slightly better than another bench warmer but no one is going to take on this headache to employ a backup. If Russell Wilson was kneeling would he be out of the league?
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2849
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:03 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Enough to create a large enough loss for owners, of all political leanings, to eradicate it from the league.


You’re wrong. NFL ratings have been tanking since 2015. It’s a demographic issue and not hiring Kap won’t change that.


I'm not wrong I have quantifiable proof and numbers do back that there was a bigger drop last year than any year prior. The last 2 years have been really bad for the NFL, 3 years ago (2015) there was a slight uptick. I guess you believe that all the owners, with all different agendas and political leanings are all just against freedom of speech? Racist? Trump supporters?

I can't believe people are actually arguing about this anymore. If Hitler reincarnated body was great at football and didn't hurt revenue, he'd be playing. People want to pretend it's something deeper than that for some reason. Maybe because they want to rally behind something or be angry. Some owners care about issue "x", some care about issue "y", others don't care about much of anything publicly.

All care about making money...it's a business.

They all weigh risk and reward and make their decisions. It's really that simple.

edit: For the record, I don't believe the protest stuff is solely responsible for ratings decline. I don't even think it's the main factor. Cutting cable, time constraints, shifting lifestyles play a bigger role, but it is a factor and large enough for owners to take action. That's verifiable and that is what this is about.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4672
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby MJW » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Hatter wrote:
Seconded..
I'm so sick of this, and he wonders why no team wants him?


Yea it's Better to have the drug abusing, steroid using, DUI getting, woman beating players instead, right?


You continue to confuse morality and commerce.

"Better" and "Worse" the way you're using them are for a Philosophy class. Is that how you imagine an NFL owners meeting? A robust discussion of Aristotelian morality?

The words you're looking for are "Profitable" and "Costly."
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 pm

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yea it's Better to have the drug abusing, steroid using, DUI getting, woman beating players instead, right?


You continue to confuse morality and commerce.

"Better" and "Worse" the way you're using them are for a Philosophy class. Is that how you imagine an NFL owners meeting? A robust discussion of Aristotelian morality?

The words you're looking for are "Profitable" and "Costly."




Yep. Everything in the recent history of the NFL has shown the billionaire owners only care about green. That’s how they got so much in the first place.

Green rules the day
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 5928
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm

I don't think Kaepernick wants to play again. I think he's content being a martyr. At least that's what he's leading on to believe.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4672
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby NYBF » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:26 pm

uscbucsfan wrote: If kneeling didn't produce a huge drop in ratings most owners wouldn't care.


...........
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5907
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby NYBF » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:28 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
NYBF wrote:Kaepernick should have dragged a woman down the stairs and stomped a mud hole in her. Then he'd have a job.


As much as you want this to be about ideology, it’s just not. The major reason why Kao doesn’t have a job is because he sucks and can’t win football games.

If he was a good QB he would have a job, kneeling and all. All you SJWs think he has a right to sit on the bench because he might be slightly better than another bench warmer but no one is going to take on this headache to employ a backup. If Russell Wilson was kneeling would he be out of the league?


You think Geno Smith is better that Kap?

Also, Seattle canceled his tryout when he said he didn't know if he was going to continue kneeling. I'd love to see you spin that.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5907
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Hatter wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yea it's Better to have the drug abusing, steroid using, DUI getting, woman beating players instead, right?

Not taking your bait... and I didn't say that. Im tired of Kap period. Teams have a right as an employer to place guidelines to follow.
I nor anyone I know could get away with this where I work, don't see why players can. End of story.


Get away with what? Kneeling as a protest to police brutality or getting high and beating up your wife?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23216
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yea it's Better to have the drug abusing, steroid using, DUI getting, woman beating players instead, right?

I'll bite.

Kaep and kneeling during the anthem has a negative impact on profits in the eyes of owners.

Players doing the things you said don't as much, if at all.

It's as simple as that. If kneeling didn't produce a huge drop in ratings most owners wouldn't care. If abuse, cheating, DUI's equated to lower ratings and loss of money they would care more.

In the end it's the consumer who decides these things.


So then the problem at the end of the day according to you is the NFLs perceived code of ethics and moral decency. The league should come down hard on things that effect ratings like kneeling during the anthem that’s not shown on TV much and stop pretending they care if a player gets behind the wheel of a car drunk or plays punching bag with his girlfriend in or wife. Got it.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23216
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:38 pm

NYBF wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
As much as you want this to be about ideology, it’s just not. The major reason why Kao doesn’t have a job is because he sucks and can’t win football games.

If he was a good QB he would have a job, kneeling and all. All you SJWs think he has a right to sit on the bench because he might be slightly better than another bench warmer but no one is going to take on this headache to employ a backup. If Russell Wilson was kneeling would he be out of the league?


You think Geno Smith is better that Kap?

Also, Seattle canceled his tryout when he said he didn't know if he was going to continue kneeling. I'd love to see you spin that.


Who cares who is better between Smith and Kap? We are talking about scrubs here. I know you want him to ride the pine for some team because you dig his politics. That’s great. But what other career backup are we whining about because teams no longer want them? We aren’t discussing Kap because he is a talent; we are talking about him because of politics.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2849
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
NYBF wrote:
You think Geno Smith is better that Kap?

Also, Seattle canceled his tryout when he said he didn't know if he was going to continue kneeling. I'd love to see you spin that.


Who cares who is better between Smith and Kap? We are talking about scrubs here. I know you want him to ride the pine for some team because you dig his politics. That’s great. But what other career backup are we whining about because teams no longer want them? We aren’t discussing Kap because he is a talent; we are talking about him because of politics.


Even you don’t believe the bullshit you just sprouted out here. If you actually do then you’re an idiot. A big idiot. When guys like Deshone Kizer, Paxton Lynch, Nate Peterman, whoever backs up the Texans, etc have jobs, guys like Andy Dalton and Blake Bortles are getting paid millions and you say “Kaep doesn’t have a job because he sucks”, you know damn well that’s not true. Tell this crap to Pewter Report or something.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23216
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I'll bite.

Kaep and kneeling during the anthem has a negative impact on profits in the eyes of owners.

Players doing the things you said don't as much, if at all.

It's as simple as that. If kneeling didn't produce a huge drop in ratings most owners wouldn't care. If abuse, cheating, DUI's equated to lower ratings and loss of money they would care more.

In the end it's the consumer who decides these things.


So then the problem at the end of the day according to you is the NFLs perceived code of ethics and moral decency. The league should come down hard on things that effect ratings like kneeling during the anthem that’s not shown on TV much and stop pretending they care if a player gets behind the wheel of a car drunk or plays punching bag with his girlfriend in or wife. Got it.


I don't think it's a problem...it's a business. If a DUI caused national outrage and reduced profits enough, they would get the same treatment. No one else can provide a better reason. It's certainly not because he's not good enough. It's not because they are all racist, white supremacist. There's a reason why the NBA came out and took a hard stance against this. Whether it's stupid or not, a lot of people are upset over protest during the national anthem and the owners feel that they are losing money over the protests. That's the end of it. If you have a better explanation, let's hear it.

edit: I can't grasp your angle on this one, Bootz. Do you believe owners should have universal morals that supersede their business? Do you think there's something else going on? I'm interested in your thoughts instead of simply dismissing others. This issue has been going on for a while. It seems pretty clear to me what is going on, but if you think I'm missing something, I'm all ears.

Edit 2: To PrimeMinister who believes there are no ratings drops due to kneeling. It's not true, every metric shows a more rapid decline since Trump's response/attack of the protest. Every poll conducted by multiple sources show a large number of people watching less games because of the protests. The NFL can't control attention spans or chord cutting, but like the NBA, this is something they can control.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... tests/amp/
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4672
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby NYBF » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
Who cares who is better between Smith and Kap? We are talking about scrubs here. I know you want him to ride the pine for some team because you dig his politics. That’s great. But what other career backup are we whining about because teams no longer want them? We aren’t discussing Kap because he is a talent; we are talking about him because of politics.


Even you don’t believe the bullshit you just sprouted out here. If you actually do then you’re an idiot. A big idiot. When guys like Deshone Kizer, Paxton Lynch, Nate Peterman, whoever backs up the Texans, etc have jobs, guys like Andy Dalton and Blake Bortles are getting paid millions and you say “Kaep doesn’t have a job because he sucks”, you know damn well that’s not true. Tell this crap to Pewter Report or something.


He definitely believes it. He's what happens when you mix booze, lead paint, and pregnancy.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5907
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Four Verticals » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 pm

It also is likely not only ratings which the owners don't like but the very public negative reaction from those not in favor of the protests.
Four Verticals
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:16 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
Who cares who is better between Smith and Kap? We are talking about scrubs here. I know you want him to ride the pine for some team because you dig his politics. That’s great. But what other career backup are we whining about because teams no longer want them? We aren’t discussing Kap because he is a talent; we are talking about him because of politics.


Even you don’t believe the bullshit you just sprouted out here. If you actually do then you’re an idiot. A big idiot. When guys like Deshone Kizer, Paxton Lynch, Nate Peterman, whoever backs up the Texans, etc have jobs, guys like Andy Dalton and Blake Bortles are getting paid millions and you say “Kaep doesn’t have a job because he sucks”, you know damn well that’s not true. Tell this crap to Pewter Report or something.


This weak analysis belongs on PR. Lynch, Kizer and Peterman are all 7 or 8 years younger. Perhaps they can still learn to read a defense and not have horror-show mechanics? For Kap, it’s too late. That ship has sailed. He came into the league as a 25-year-old project who never developed. All he could ever do was run and now he’s in his 30s, the decade where we lose our ability to run.

Running, option QBs in their 30s have pretty much zero value. One thing you can’t argue is that if he could play, if he could win games, he would be employed. No one has a right to ride the pine. So take your emotion out of it. He had a choice, play footvball or be Che Guevarra. He chose the latter and he never had the talent to do both.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2849
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby terrytate » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:54 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yea it's Better to have the drug abusing, steroid using, DUI getting, woman beating players instead, right?


You continue to confuse morality and commerce.

"Better" and "Worse" the way you're using them are for a Philosophy class. Is that how you imagine an NFL owners meeting? A robust discussion of Aristotelian morality?

The words you're looking for are "Profitable" and "Costly."



They took a hell of a lot of flak over Ray Rice. Don't be surprised to see the Goodell Hammer drop on Foster.

Something else you can believe. If Kaep could play like Aaron Rodgers, he'd have a job right now. However, he kind of sucks at quarterbacking and no front office is going to want to deal with the extra baggage over a mediocre backup QB.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Hatter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:31 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Hatter wrote:Not taking your bait... and I didn't say that. Im tired of Kap period. Teams have a right as an employer to place guidelines to follow.
I nor anyone I know could get away with this where I work, don't see why players can. End of story.


Get away with what? Kneeling as a protest to police brutality or getting high and beating up your wife?


Get away with what? You know exactly what. You couldn't push that kind of agenda even if you worked at a 7-11.
Just for the record Bootz I think racism in ANY form is horrid, police brutallity in ANY form needs to be checked immediately.
Kneeling during the national anthem is the stupidest thing to push a point I've ever seen. He could have used his "platform" in such a better way while also not offending our armed forces and service members and half the country while trying to accomplish something good. (and destroying his career in the process)
Image
User avatar
Hatter
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Location: He Is Coming..
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Super K » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:07 am

terrytate wrote:
MJW wrote:
You continue to confuse morality and commerce.

"Better" and "Worse" the way you're using them are for a Philosophy class. Is that how you imagine an NFL owners meeting? A robust discussion of Aristotelian morality?

The words you're looking for are "Profitable" and "Costly."


Something else you can believe. If Kaep could play like Aaron Rodgers, he'd have a job right now. However, he kind of sucks at quarterbacking and no front office is going to want to deal with the extra baggage over a mediocre backup QB.


Ding ding ding!

And we have a winner...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby MJW » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:19 am

Super K wrote:
terrytate wrote:
Something else you can believe. If Kaep could play like Aaron Rodgers, he'd have a job right now. However, he kind of sucks at quarterbacking and no front office is going to want to deal with the extra baggage over a mediocre backup QB.


Ding ding ding!

And we have a winner...


Yep. Because Aaron Rodgers makes money.

It's a tough life lesson for idealists and children, but:

Value > Deviance From Norm = Genius
Deviance From Norm > Value = Pariah

Especially when your deviance is considered particularly socially unacceptable.

I remember my dad once telling me, "they only started putting up with Rudolph's nose when he could improve their situation."
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Doctor » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:29 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
MJW wrote:
Are we still talking about the 2nd Panthers game? We ran 24 times for 66 yards and Winston was sacked 6 times.

Minus a 34 yard run by Barber, we ran 23 times for 32 yards.



SEEEE that's why we need a better running back!


Clearly we need to invest in better back up OL, duh. Trenches out!
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 152 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 15 guests