***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:39 am

Whats up with BucsHub, did they forget to pay their internet fee or something?
mdb1958

Postby MJW » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:14 am

Nano wrote:49ers LB Rueben Foster arrested on domestic assault and suspicion of possessing an assault rifle

Public Service Announcement:

When folks say, "Prospect X is a character concern!" and other folks say, "No that's not a thing draft him he'll be fine value blah blah blah," this is why "character concerns" are concerns. It happens every single draft cycle and we fans tend to pretend these concerns are overblown, and GMs are just playing PR. Nope. A guy who does bad stuff in college is a big risk to do bad stuff in the pros. If Foster had a clean nose, he'd have been a top ten pick.

We'll see what happens, but this could be the first real bloody nose that GM John Lynch has taken with the 49ers.
MJW

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:40 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Frank Reich the favorite for the Indy job
Well done Indy ..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... colts-job/

They've agreed to a 5 year deal with Reich to be their head coach.

Reports are Luck may need another surgery and could miss another season. Reich has a long battle with that terrible roster.
uscbucsfan

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
They've agreed to a 5 year deal with Reich to be their head coach.

Reports are Luck may need another surgery and could miss another season. Reich has a long battle with that terrible roster.

calling Mr Foles on line 1 please
Jason Bourne

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 am

MJW wrote:
Nano wrote:49ers LB Rueben Foster arrested on domestic assault and suspicion of possessing an assault rifle

When folks say, "Prospect X is a character concern!" and other folks say, "No that's not a thing draft him he'll be fine value blah blah blah," this is why "character concerns" are concerns. It happens every single draft cycle and we fans tend to pretend these concerns are overblown, and GMs are just playing PR. Nope. A guy who does bad stuff in college is a big risk to do bad stuff in the pros. If Foster had a clean nose, he'd have been a top ten pick.

We'll see what happens, but this could be the first real bloody nose that GM John Lynch has taken with the 49ers.

Luckily the 49ers are in prime position to get either Edmunds or Roquan Smith, who many have mocked to them even before this news with Foster.

I don't know the details of this domestic incident yet, but he's likely looking at a 6 game suspension minimum. I don't imagine this one incident on it's own will end Foster's NFL career. Too much talent and still very young.

Not a great look for Lynch as GM, but they took Foster at like 31st overall so even if he can't act right moving forward it's not the end of the world. The Bucs took ASJ 38th overall in '14 and he couldn't act right and the negative impact of letting him go has been minimal imo.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:58 am

DreadNaught wrote:
MJW wrote:

Luckily the 49ers are in prime position to get either Edmunds or Roquan Smith, who many have mocked to them even before this news with Foster.

I don't know the details of this domestic incident yet, but he's likely looking at a 6 game suspension minimum. I don't imagine this one incident on it's own will end Foster's NFL career. Too much talent and still very young.

Not a great look for Lynch as GM, but they took Foster at like 31st overall so even if he can't act right moving forward it's not the end of the world. The Bucs took ASJ 38th overall in '14 and he couldn't act right and the negative impact of letting him go has been minimal imo.

I wouldn't kill Lynch for taking him at 31. It was a good risk/reward move, even if it doesn't look great right now. I just bristle at the culture of Maddenologists who think "character concerns" can be ignored as a factor with these picks. Character concerns matter. For every Randy Moss there's a Justin Blackmon. So it goes.

Depending on how this shakes out...probably six, maybe ten games for Foster. And from there it's up to him to figure out who he wants to be. He's a really talented player and I'm rooting for Lynch to succeed in San Fran, so I hope he figures it out right.
MJW

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:16 am

god damnit Lynch, hit him with that big ol forehead of yours and straighten his ass out
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:20 am

MJW wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I wouldn't kill Lynch for taking him at 31. It was a good risk/reward move, even if it doesn't look great right now. I just bristle at the culture of Maddenologists who think "character concerns" can be ignored as a factor with these picks. Character concerns matter. For every Randy Moss there's a Justin Blackmon. So it goes.

Depending on how this shakes out...probably six, maybe ten games for Foster. And from there it's up to him to figure out who he wants to be. He's a really talented player and I'm rooting for Lynch to succeed in San Fran, so I hope he figures it out right.

That's fair, but Foster's character concerns were taken into account and it's why he fell to 31. So I just think he was not the best example for team ignoring character concerns. Like you said, at 31st overall it was good risk/reward. Them trading down w/ the Bears in the top 5 gave them an extra day 2 pick which made the risk easier to take.
DreadNaught

Postby Doctor » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:32 am

Indeed. Even with this Foster is will worth the gamble at 31.
The thing with character concerns is that they ARE changeable, unlike size or speed. A guy CAN stop being a dickhead at any moment. You just don't know when or if that will happen, but if it does you win big.
Doctor

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

calling Mr Foles on line 1 please

Given their current cap situation the Eagles might be inclined to trade Foles, even with Wentz coming back from his ACL injury. They could net a very nice return. $7.6mil isn't affordable for them right now to keep a backup QB with negative salary cap equity. It makes almost too much sense for the Colts to try and acquire him.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 am

MJW wrote:

What exactly are you saying? That he shouldn't have been drafted at all? The guy was a top 10 prospect on most boards, all things being equal, and he fell to 31. Even if he's taken in the 6th or 7th round that wouldn't make his character concerns disappear.
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Jeff McLane of The Philadelphia Inquirer believes RBs coach Duce Staley and WRs coach Mike Groh are the "top in-house candidates" to take over the Eagles' offensive coordinator job.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:19 pm

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Chargers expect WRs coach Nick Sirianni to land the Colts' offensive coordinator job.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Mex-Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:14 pm

JAGS are getting new uniforms after just changing them in 2013.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... eover-too/

When will the Bucs realize they fucked up too and change them? We deserve a Pewter jersey.. :banghead:
Mex-Buc

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Mex-Buc wrote:JAGS are getting new uniforms after just changing them in 2013.

When will the Bucs realize they fucked up too and change them? We deserve a Pewter jersey.. :banghead:

they're going back to teal according to Tom

The logo will stay the same

The Rams couldn't even change uniforms ? weird
Last edited by Phantom Phenom on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Mex-Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:
Mex-Buc wrote:JAGS are getting new uniforms after just changing them in 2013.

I don't mind our helmets, I think they are great with the big flag and chrome, but the unis suck!
Mex-Buc

Postby MJW » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

What exactly are you saying? That he shouldn't have been drafted at all? The guy was a top 10 prospect on most boards, all things being equal, and he fell to 31. Even if he's taken in the 6th or 7th round that wouldn't make his character concerns disappear.

I wouldn't kill Lynch for taking him at 31. It was a good risk/reward move, even if it doesn't look great right now.

MJW

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Mex-Buc wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:

I don't mind our helmets, I think they are great with the big flag and chrome, but the unis suck!

I like the Bucs helmets and even like the darker pewter in the color scheme. The jerseys are just too gimmicky and the damn alarm clock font style for the #'s was a terrible choice.

If we were to change them I'd change the font and offer an all pewter alternative jersey so we can have an all-pewter uniform option for night/dome games.
DreadNaught

Postby Mex-Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mex-Buc wrote:

I like the Bucs helmets and even like the darker pewter in the color scheme. The jerseys are just too gimmicky and the damn alarm clock font style for the #'s was a terrible choice.

If we were to change them I'd change the font and offer an all pewter alternative jersey so we can have an all-pewter uniform option for night/dome games.

Exactly, this would be dope! All Pewter Uniform.
Mex-Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:22 pm

there wasn't a damned thing wrong with the championship colors.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Image

They look dated and out of style. Nothing is classic or untimely about them
Bootz2004

Postby NYBF » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

huh?
NYBF

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

t...timeless*?
beardmcdoug

Postby NYBF » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:07 pm

NYBF

Postby Noles1724 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:17 pm

NYBF wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

huh?

he's just looking for an angle.. give it a second, he'll make a stance that helps us all realize how great he is.
Noles1724

Postby Caradoc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:44 pm

MJW wrote:Image

TLDR
Caradoc

Postby Caradoc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 pm

oops
Caradoc

Postby Caradoc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Mex-Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Exactly, this would be dope! All Pewter Uniform.

THe unis we wore to the Superbowl were, IMHO, one of the best in the league, and still miles above the crap we are stuck with now. I'd love to go back to them.

That said, some of the all pewter and all-orange takes on our current unis would be prettycool, especially if they fixed the font and trimming.

And THAT said, I honestly wouldn't mind a return to the old creamsicles. Maybe not my top choice, but solid and still way better than the current jokefest.
Caradoc

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:53 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

t...timeless*?

I’m guessing he did mean timeless. He isn’t wrong though. Those uniforms look dated AF. They haven’t aged as well as this board makes it sound. The alarm clocks we wear now make fans nostalgic, but we needed a change. The enlarged logo on helmets alone are worth the change.
PrimeMinister

Postby Caradoc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:57 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
t...timeless*?

I’m guessing he did mean timeless. He isn’t wrong though. Those uniforms look dated AF. They haven’t aged as well as this board makes it sound. The alarm clocks we wear now make fans nostalgic, but we needed a change. The enlarged logo on helmets alone are worth the change.

Gotta disagree strongly. Looking at that particular set of pics, yeah everything looks old, but that has more to do with the quality/style of the pics than reality. San Fran is running the same uni shown there and nobody claims they're dated. The giant clip art hydrocephalic skull on the current helmets is also a massive downgrade, I don't get the fetish people have with it.
Caradoc

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions