***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Buc2 wrote:A 49er fan friend of mine posted these stats form SF games last season. Granted, Garoppolo only started 5 of them, but I think it does give one a good idea why they were willing to chance such a contract on him.

YARDS PER GAME
Before Garoppolo: 321.7 (21st in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 410.0 (1st in NFL*)

NET PASSING PER GAME
Before Garoppolo: 221.8 (17th in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 297.0 (1st in NFL*)

THIRD DOWNS
Before Garoppolo: 34.1 percent (26th in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 50.0 percent (1st in NFL*)

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
Before Garoppolo: 56.6 percent (31st in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 67.0 percent (3rd in NFL*)

SACKS ALLOWED
Before Garoppolo: 35 (tied for 6th most in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 8 (27th most in NFL*)

TIME OF POSSESSION
Before Garoppolo: 27:36 (31st in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 32:54 (1st in NFL*)

POINTS PER GAME
Before Garoppolo: 17.0 (28th in NFL)
After Garoppolo: 28.8 (2nd in NFL*)

That’s an impressive small sample size.
PrimeMinister

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Chiefs release Darrelle Revis
Phantom Phenom

Postby doooshnzl » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Chiefs release Darrelle Revis

Pull the trigger, Dom!
doooshnzl

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:54 pm

anybody seen bootz lately ?
Jason Bourne

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Vikings hired Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 pm

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Panthers are expected to hire an outside candidate for their general manager vacancy.

Under investigation by the league for harassment against his ex-wife, interim GM Marty Hurney appears to have been taken out of the running. Thus far, the Panthers — who are also looking for new ownership — have interviewed 49ers executive Martin Mayhew, Texans assistant GM Jimmy Raye III, and Bills executive Lake Dawson.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:29 am

Contract-year CB Richard Sherman plans to represent himself in negotiations with the Seahawks.

"I'm sure we'll have some communication," Sherman said of offseason talks with the 'Hawks. "I'm representing myself. The whole agent thing is really overrated at this point." It's a bold gambit from an unconventional player. Sherman and the Seahawks have appeared headed for a divorce at the end of his current deal but there is plenty of time for that to change. Sherman turns 30 in March
Phantom Phenom

Postby MJW » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:09 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:Contract-year CB Richard Sherman plans to represent himself in negotiations with the Seahawks.

"I'm sure we'll have some communication," Sherman said of offseason talks with the 'Hawks. "I'm representing myself. The whole agent thing is really overrated at this point." It's a bold gambit from an unconventional player. Sherman and the Seahawks have appeared headed for a divorce at the end of his current deal but there is plenty of time for that to change. Sherman turns 30 in March

That never works out well for the player, ever. Russell Okung probably cost himself eight figures doing that a few years ago.
MJW

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:29 am

MJW wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:Contract-year CB Richard Sherman plans to represent himself in negotiations with the Seahawks.

That never works out well for the player, ever. Russell Okung probably cost himself eight figures doing that a few years ago.

The same Russell Okung that has made $70m in his 8 seasons and just signed a 4yr - $53m contract w/ the Chargers that made him the highest paid LT in the NFL along w/ the highest % guaranteed?

He took a 1yr deal in Denver b/c no team wanted to commit at his price range (top LT $$) long term when Seattle let him walk after his rookie deal expired. He proved his worth in Denver (where he was paid $8m that year) and subsequently got paid big big time by the Chargers the following offseason. All without an agent.

I don't understand how an agent would've done better. He's the highest paid player at his position.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:35 am

DreadNaught wrote:
MJW wrote:

The same Russell Okung that has made $70m in his 8 seasons and just signed a 4yr - $53m contract w/ the Chargers that made him the highest paid LT in the NFL along w/ the highest % guaranteed?

He took a 1yr deal in Denver b/c no team wanted to commit at his price range (top LT $$) long term when Seattle let him walk after his rookie deal expired. He proved his worth in Denver (where he was paid $8m that year) and subsequently got paid big big time by the Chargers the following offseason. All without an agent.

I don't understand how an agent would've done better. He's the highest paid player at his position.

The same Russell Okung who got what amounted to a 1 Year/$5 million with Denver when he should have gotten a massive payday. As for the contract you're quoting, he'll never see most of it. He'll be cut after this year because of the structure of the deal.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles- ... kung-6515/
MJW

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:40 am

MJW wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

The same Russell Okung who got what amounted to a 1 Year/$5 million with Denver when he should have gotten a massive payday. As for the contract you're quoting, he'll never see most of it. He'll be cut after this year because of the structure of the deal.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles- ... kung-6515/

That Broncos contract was $5m against the cap in 2016, but he got paid $8m from the Broncos that one season and they took on some dead money for releasing him after 1 season.
Here

In regards to your comment on his contract with Chargers (4yrs - $53m), it made him BOTH the highest paid LT in the NFL in terms of APY in addition to having highest % of guaranteed money for a LT contract. How is the structure (front loaded) any different than how the Bucs and many other teams structure their contracts for nearly every acquisition?

I just don't see how the data supports your critique of Okung representing himself. He made $8m for one season w/ the Broncos after playing out his rookie contract in Seattle then signed the richest LT deal in the NFL. Okung had durability issues his last year or 2 in Seattle so when he left teams were hesitant to make commit to his asking price long term, so he bet on himself on a 1 year deal and it worked out exactly as he wanted.
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Dread, you’re right and Sherman is right. If the player is educated on contracts and player value I don’t see why they can’t negotiate for themselves. The biggest risk is personal feelings being hurt, but if you can handle that you can save yourself a ton of money.

I’m sure his former agent and other agents are praying he fails.
PrimeMinister

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:32 pm

According to ESPN Patriots reporter Mike Reiss, OC Josh McDaniels was given "no assurances" that he would succeed Bill Belichick as New England's next head coach.

Most assumed that McDaniels had been tapped as Belichick's eventual successor (hence him leaving Indianapolis at the altar this week), but apparently that's not the case. In fact, McDaniels has said privately that he'd prefer not to succeed Belichick in New England, feeling that it would be a "hard act to follow." It appears McDaniels was hesitant to move his family, including his four children, to Indianapolis, and was persuaded to stay in his current position after getting a "significant raise." Belichick, who acts as the Patriots' de facto GM in addition to his head-coaching duties, also promised to give McDaniels a voice in roster construction and salary cap decisions. It will be hard for McDaniels to get another head-coaching job outside of New England after flaking on the Colts.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Nano » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Reuben Frank @RoobNBCS
Jake Elliott was drafted in April by the Bengals.

Now he has more playoff wins than the Bengals have in the last 36 years (and more Super Bowl wins than they have in history).
Nano

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Nano wrote:
Reuben Frank @RoobNBCS
Jake Elliott was drafted in April by the Bengals.

Now he has more playoff wins than the Bengals have in the last 36 years (and more Super Bowl wins than they have in history).

When we played the Bengals in the preseason and the whole Nick Folk-Aguayo "battle" was happening I thought both of the those Bengals kickers looked better than either guy we had.

No reason we should've kept Folk who was fortunate to be less terrible than Aguayo.

There is always good kickers that come available when rosters are cut to 53 at the end of the preseason. This kid Elliot and Harrison Butker who the Chiefs picked up after he was cut by the Panthers were two prime examples this year.

Murray is an average at best kicker imo. Very solid from within 45yds, but any NFL kicker should be if they plan on having a career. Murray is below average from distance.

I hope the Bucs keep their options open next season and aren't afraid to bring in a guy that loses a close battle with another team to a more established kicker like both Elliot and Butker did.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Admin wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Again, deal with the poster who resurfaced it. It's not me. I could choose to bring up a lot of stuff that was said to me but I don't. Including someone saying less than an hour ago it takes a ton of alcohol to **** me and make kids.

We don't have a lot of rules here. When I get a report that one's been broken, I look into it. And most of the time, when I reach out to the offending party, issue a warning, tell them to relax, we're all good. I've done it before. And if I think just a warning is a good enough, I'll do it again.

You got a warning for that post. I do not care that another poster quoted it here. They quoted it to answer your question. If it was left there, I would have left that alone. But you doubled down and called it the truth. I gave you a chance to amend your statement. You refused.

You need a break. 24 hours. Sleep it off. Come back tomorrow. And let's not have to revisit this.

Let's get back to discussing Jimmy G's contract here, and season ticket prices in the other thread.

Took my 24 hours to return to limited usage of the board. There aren't a lot of rules here but there seems to be a ton of favoritism and bias on the part of those who run the board. What gives exactly?
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:37 pm

This board is one of the most relaxed modded boards you'll find. As someone who loves to ****ing swear, I appreciate it. I'd just let this go.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:41 pm

real bucs fan wrote:This board is one of the most relaxed modded boards you'll find. As someone who loves to ****ing swear, I appreciate it. I'd just let this go.

I'd appreciate it if I wasn't singled out and treated differently than other posters. People report me to Admin all of the time if I say any little thing to them yet Admin has blocked me from contacting them or anyone at all. Yea that's something to appreciate.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:This board is one of the most relaxed modded boards you'll find. As someone who loves to ****ing swear, I appreciate it. I'd just let this go.

I'd appreciate it if I wasn't singled out and treated differently than other posters. People report me to Admin all of the time if I say any little thing to them yet Admin has blocked me from contacting them or anyone at all. Yea that's something to appreciate.

You post a lot and insult others constantly. I wouldn't take it personally.
real bucs fan

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

I doubt people report you all the time , why would you want to contact somebody who you think reported you ... Just cuss them out and move on
Jason Bourne

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:48 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

You post a lot and insult others constantly. I wouldn't take it personally.

Oh and I'm never insulted? Please. If I'm unable to contact Admin to snitc nobody better **** with me.
Bootz2004

Postby Swashy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

I say this with only the best intentions and purely out of respect but this isn't the proper forum to be doing this. If you have an issue, take this into a private talk with Admin. I know you don't need anyone looking out for you or fight your battles but all I'm saying is "this usually doesn't end well" and though we are not exceptionally close, you've always had that said respect of mine. Nor am I saying "just let it go" it's just that this is an internal matter best handled internally. In the same vein this is no differently than a father not arguing in front of his kids. It's a poor analogy but I know you get where I went with that.

If you please, I'll seek Admin out personally to discuss this with you.
Last edited by Swashy on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swashy

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I doubt people report you all the time , why would you want to contact somebody who you think reported you ... Just cuss them out and move on

Admin said himself he gets reports of this stuff. How else do you think yesterday happened? Someone reported what I said. Not what others said to me.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Swashy wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I say this with only the best intentions and purely out of respect but this isn't the proper forum to be doing this. If you have an issue, take this into a private talk with Admin. I know you don't need anyone looking out for you or fight your battles but all I'm saying is "this usually doesn't end well" and though we are not exceptionally close, you've always had that said respect of mine. Nor am I saying "just let it go" it's just that this is an internal matter best handled internally. In the same vein this is no differently than a father not arguing in front of his kids. It's a poor analogy but I know you get where I went with that.

I'd do that if I could contact Admin. However Admin has blocked me from contacting them so yea. There's that. I appreciate it though.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:You post a lot and insult others constantly. I wouldn't take it personally.

Oh and I'm never insulted? Please. If I'm unable to contact Admin to snitc nobody better **** with me.

For the record I've never reported anyone EVER
real bucs fan

Postby Swashy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Swashy wrote:

I'd do that if I could contact Admin. However Admin has blocked me from contacting them so yea. There's that. I appreciate it though.

I'll do you a solid and contact Admin then.

I'm gonna level with you. Contrary to the behavior of the board there are people who like you. My only issue is that you have a tendency to be sanctimonious and like most everyone else, it doesn't matter or bother me because this is a football message board and nothing here should be taken serious. I just take it as part of the gimmick. I'll send a PM right now for you.
Swashy

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:58 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

For the record I've never reported anyone EVER

Well I'm sure that's true. Unfortunately though because of limitations I'm unable to see the name of the poster.
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:For the record I've never reported anyone EVER

Well I'm sure that's true. Unfortunately though because of limitations I'm unable to see the name of the poster.

Wait, you can't see who we are?
Nano

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:03 pm

Swashy wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I'll do you a solid and contact Admin then.

I'm gonna level with you. Contrary to the behavior of the board there are people who like you. My only issue is that you have a tendency to be sanctimonious and like most everyone else, it doesn't matter or bother me because this is a football message board and nothing here should be taken serious. I just take it as part of the gimmick. I'll send a PM right now for you.

Much appreciated man. Unfortunately knowing how Admin feels about me personally it's probably a lost cause but I appreciate it nonetheless.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Nano wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Wait, you can't see who we are?

Not unless I quote you. I know now you're nano however next to your name on your posts it's blank. Oh and I've been banned from sending PMs (which i rarely did anyway) and utilizing the search feature on the board.
Bootz2004

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions