***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:59 am

Lol
Jason Bourne

Postby Deuce » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:19 am

theBKwhopper wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Defenses are catching up again.

Except ours lol

Our defense is actually really, really good. They're just stuck in 2013.
Deuce

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:19 am

guys stop with BS rumors.

Those hoping Bill Belichick's days in New England will end after the playoffs can shut down the rumor mill.

Speaking to the media on Monday, the Patriots head coach thwarted talk he might want out of New England.

Asked if he would be the Pats coach in 2018, Belichick responded: "Absolutely."
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 am

Browns plan to pursue adding Packers director of football operations Eliot Wolf, who was passed over by team president Mark Murphy
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Panthers fire O-coordinator Mike Shula, QBs coach Ken Dorsey

It will be the first time Newton, the 2015 NFL MVP, hasn't worked with Shula in some capacity since the Panthers made Newton the first pick of the 2011 draft.

The Panthers also could lose defensive coordinator Steve Wilks, who has interviews set up with the New York Giants, Arizona Cardinals and Indianapolis Colts. Rivera said after the playoff loss he expected to lose Wilks to a head-coaching job.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Lions if as reported, Patricia and the Lions have come to a verbal agreement.....He's already contacting coaches for his staff.

With Teryl Austin withdrawing his name from the #Lions HC search to take the #Bengals DC job, and even with the assumption that #Patriots DC Matt Patricia is being strongly considered, Detroit views its HC search as "ongoing." Not there yet.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:54 pm

I have to assume there is a plan of succession in place in Cincinnati. I can't understand why Teryl Austin would jump at that Bengals DC job when he had a very good chance of getting a HC job this year. Marvin Lewis saying that they were going to start from scratch when he only has a 2 year deal certainly would support that there is a plan in place for Austin to succeed Lewis within the next 2 years.
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Raiders owner on Jon Gruden hire: It's 'a big f-ing deal'
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Ravens hire Don Martindale as defensive coordinator
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:52 pm

holy ****

Watch out!!

When #Panthers coach Ron Rivera fired Mike Shula today, he had a target in mind: Long-time OC Norv Turner, who was out of football last year. Would be an upgrade if that comes together.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Mex-Buc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Raiders owner on Jon Gruden hire: It's 'a big f-ing deal'

I watched the PC, can't say I was not bummed looking at him going back to the Raiders, you can just feel the energy on that PC, he looks fresh and ready to work again.

I don't think he's worth that contract, but still was exciting how he looked there, best of luck to him, I think he will be on the top again, that Raiders team is very talented, and he will work with a great young QB.
Mex-Buc

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Ex-Browns coach Mike Pettine to be Packers' defensive coordinator
Phantom Phenom

Postby MJW » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:02 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:holy ****

Watch out!!

When #Panthers coach Ron Rivera fired Mike Shula today, he had a target in mind: Long-time OC Norv Turner, who was out of football last year. Would be an upgrade if that comes together.

The interesting thing about that is that Norv has basically never coordinated an offense with a mobile QB. Troy Aikman, Gus Ferotte, Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Phil Rivers, Teddy Bridgewater...Nobody who could run. It'll be interesting to see if he incorporates Newton's legs into the mix or tries to coach it out of him. I imagine if Ron Rivera wanted more goofball read-option nonsense, he wouldn't be talking to Turner.
MJW

Postby MJW » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:03 am

Darrell "Always got mentioned for HC jobs but never got hired" Bevell...just got fired.

As if Seattle's grotesque offensive line was HIS fault?
MJW

Postby Nano » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:15 am

According to Seahawk fans, his complete unwillingness to scheme around his terrible line was what helped get him fired. Apparently he liked to pretend he had the Dallas oline at times when doing the offense
Nano

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:50 am

Offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt and defensive coordinator Gus Brandley are returning under new contracts, the team announced Tuesday. Bradley's new deal is for three years, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source close to the situation.
Phantom Phenom

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:06 am

Nano wrote:According to Seahawk fans, his complete unwillingness to scheme around his terrible line was what helped get him fired. Apparently he liked to pretend he had the Dallas oline at times when doing the offense

Seahawk fans are idiots. Bevell has been forced to make chicken salad out of chicken **** for that team for years and done a remarkable job. He's being used as a scapegoat here.

Bevell had the Seahawks offense near the tops in the NFL in terms of efficiency despite most of the teams resources being invested/focused on defense during his entire tenure. Bevell was instrumental in the development of Russell Wilson and consistently turned late round/undrafted guys like Dog Baldwin, Kearse, Richardson, etc into consistent NFL playmakers.

I'm not sure what Seattle expects from Bevell and the offense considering they largely ignore that side of the ball.
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:13 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Nano wrote:According to Seahawk fans, his complete unwillingness to scheme around his terrible line was what helped get him fired. Apparently he liked to pretend he had the Dallas oline at times when doing the offense

Seahawk fans are idiots. Bevell has been forced to make chicken salad out of chicken **** for that team for years and done a remarkable job. He's being used as a scapegoat here.

Bevell had the Seahawks offense near the tops in the NFL in terms of efficiency despite most of the teams resources being invested/focused on defense during his entire tenure. Bevell was instrumental in the development of Russell Wilson and consistently turned late round/undrafted guys like Dog Baldwin, Kearse, Richardson, etc into consistent NFL playmakers.

I'm not sure what Seattle expects from Bevell and the offense considering they largely ignore that side of the ball.

Yeah, agreed. Total head scratcher.
beardmcdoug

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Yeah, agreed. Total head scratcher.

I bet he goes to the Giants
Jason Bourne

Postby Deuce » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 am

MJW wrote:Darrell "Always got mentioned for HC jobs but never got hired" Bevell...just got fired.

I'm not surprised at all. Yeah, the o-line sucked but what did his scheme accomplish? Most of their successful plays (last 2 years) were "Russell Wilson scrambles for 5 seconds and then finds a receiver open downfield".

They've gone through like 8 running backs in the past two years and none have had success. I think I read that their RB's had 0 yards rushing inside the 10 yard line this entire season.
Deuce

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 am

Deuce wrote:
MJW wrote:Darrell "Always got mentioned for HC jobs but never got hired" Bevell...just got fired.

I'm not surprised at all. Yeah, the o-line sucked but what did his scheme accomplish? Most of their successful plays (last 2 years) were "Russell Wilson scrambles for 5 seconds and then finds a receiver open downfield".

They've gone through like 8 running backs in the past two years and none have had success. I think I read that their RB's had 0 yards rushing inside the 10 yard line this entire season.

Until the Seahawks Oline can run block and pass protect much better than that have the past couple years it won't matter who the OC is.

Bevell has more than proved he's a good OC when the Oline gives the offense a chance to execute.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Until the Seahawks Oline can run block and pass protect much better than that have the past couple years it won't matter who the OC is.

Bevell has more than proved he's a good OC when the Oline gives the offense a chance to execute.

Which part of the staff do you think has most say over choosing and preparing the offensive line?
Deuce

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Chargers just signed Aguayo.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Buc2 wrote:Chargers just signed Aguayo.

Solid move
Deja Entendu

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Less of a crowd, easier for his nerves.
IchabodCrane84

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:34 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

But they have put draft capital into the that side of the ball...specifically, the OL.

2014 2nd round - Justin Britt T
2015 4th round - Terry Poole T and Mark Glowinski G
2016 1st round - Jermane Ifedi T/G // 3rd round Rees Odhiambo G
2017 2nd round - Ethan Pocic G (also traded for Duane Brown and Luke Joekle G in 2017)

I'm not saying it was all Bevell's fault that the OL players they've acquired the past 4 years have sucked, but I'm sure he had some say in which offensive players they selected. Maybe even a lot of say. Who's to say? Man...that's a lot of says there.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:11 pm

IchabodCrane84 wrote:

Less of a crowd, easier for his nerves.

Lol
Jason Bourne

Postby Caradoc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Deuce wrote:

This. So much this. That has been basically their entire offense since Wilson got there.
Caradoc

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Deuce wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Which part of the staff do you think has most say over choosing and preparing the offensive line?

Seahawks have one of the most experienced and respected Oline coaches in the NFL in Tom Cable. If you're going to fire Bevell, by what rational do you retain Cable?
DreadNaught

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:11 pm

Green Bay hired Joe Philbin as offensive coordinator
Phantom Phenom

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions