***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: ***2018 Official NFL Off-Season Thread***

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:00 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:I live in Cheesehead country these days and I occasionally drive uber for some extra bucks. I talk football with basically every passenger whether they like it or not. And I also watch Bucs games at bars here, so I observe them in their natural habitat. Their opinions of Jameis are:

20% "who"
30% "lol crablegs / eatin w's "
50% "man he's right there... ya'll just couldn't put it together but he reminds me of watching favre - amazing play followed by boneheaded - I think he'll sort it out"

I've also learned that packer fans are some of the most casual "diehards" out there and the majority are self-inflated spoiled brat -type fans. they bitch and act like its the end of the world when they don't score a touchdown every drive and a surprising many don't know jack about any of the other teams. They're all pretty nice, jovial football watchers, but you can tell its very much about the "idea" of being a packer fan, and drinkin and hollerin, rather than love of the game. like, EVERYBODY is a "packer fan". But it seems like Jameis gets a pretty positive view from them - but I also think its cause they're not really "threatened" by the Bucs

Spent some time in Milwaukee a couple years ago for work and I got pretty much the same comments. It was easy to talk football in the bars as it was October. Milwaukee is actually a pretty ****ing cool city. And Lakefront Brewery makes some killer beer.
The Outsider

Postby Onthebrink » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:39 pm

I live in Western New York. There are very, very few Bills fans here that think Jamies is good. That might be different in the city though. They thought it was a joke when he played well against Buffalo last season. That being said generalizing groups of people doesn't usually work. Like one of you said. In Erie they seem to think more positive about him. The little towns and villages see him more negatively.
Onthebrink

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Sounds like Terrell Owens will decline his invitation to the induction ceremony in Canton, OH.

I can't remember any player getting voted into the NFL HoF and then declining to show up to the induction ceremony.

Sad. But he still deserves to be a HoFer.
DreadNaught

Postby acmillis » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:28 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Sounds like Terrell Owens will decline his invitation to the induction ceremony in Canton, OH.

I can't remember any player getting voted into the NFL HoF and then declining to show up to the induction ceremony.

Agreed. He released a statement saying that he'll celebrate somewhere else...and that he'll announce where he'll be celebrating it at a later date. Who the hell makes an announcement about making a future announcement?!?!?!
acmillis

Postby Cheb » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:32 pm

acmillis wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Sounds like Terrell Owens will decline his invitation to the induction ceremony in Canton, OH.

Agreed. He released a statement saying that he'll celebrate somewhere else...and that he'll announce where he'll be celebrating it at a later date. Who the hell makes an announcement about making a future announcement?!?!?!

Since when has Terrell Owens ever done anything to fulfill someone else's expectations?

Dude was a good football player, but he's an oddball for sure.
Cheb

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:47 pm

acmillis wrote:He released a statement saying that he'll celebrate somewhere else

DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Cheb wrote:
acmillis wrote:Agreed. He released a statement saying that he'll celebrate somewhere else...and that he'll announce where he'll be celebrating it at a later date. Who the hell makes an announcement about making a future announcement?!?!?!

Since when has Terrell Owens ever done anything to fulfill someone else's expectations?

Dude was a good football player, but he's an oddball for sure.

Yup, I just don't it though. This ceremony is about HIM. Well him and a handful of other HoFers getting inducted. But it's a weekend of adoration capped off by being enshrined into Football immortality.

I don't understand why a personality like TO would turn that down. Does he think the NFL HoF committee is going to hold a special ceremony just for him? Nobody is going to care or watch (assuming it's covered) whatever he decides to do on his own.

For a guy that loved attention on himself this seems like an odd occasion to turn down. But like you said, he's an oddball.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:56 pm

I 100% get it. He feels slighted for it taking so many years for him to get in. And he should. He should've been a 1st ballot HOF without question. The Hall, for whatever reason, obviously didn't fully appreciate what he brought to the league so why should he celebrate with them?
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Cris Carter had to wait to get into the HoF also despite the fact that at the time of his retirement Carter was among the top 5 all time WRs in the TDs, Rec, and Yds.

I get TO felt slighted and it was justified. But he's in now and nobody cares are even remembers in hindsight whether a player was first ballot or had to wait 2-3 years.

I just think he'll regret this decision.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:22 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Cris Carter had to wait to get into the HoF also despite the fact that at the time of his retirement Carter was among the top 5 all time WRs in the TDs, Rec, and Yds.

I get TO felt slighted and it was justified. But he's in now and nobody cares are even remembers in hindsight whether a player was first ballot or had to wait 2-3 years.

He won't because he'll still be in the Hall. He's just missing out on the ceremony.

Cris Carter at his peak never had the impact T.O. did. This is more than just about numbers. He's staying true to himself doing things on his own terms.
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Cris Carter had to wait to get into the HoF also despite the fact that at the time of his retirement Carter was among the top 5 all time WRs in the TDs, Rec, and Yds.

He won't because he'll still be in the Hall. He's just missing out on the ceremony.

Cris Carter at his peak never had the impact T.O. did. This is more than just about numbers. He's staying true to himself doing things on his own terms.

So you're saying this will be made in to a reality show then?
acmillis

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:58 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:I 100% get it. He feels slighted for it taking so many years for him to get in. And he should. He should've been a 1st ballot HOF without question. The Hall, for whatever reason, obviously didn't fully appreciate what he brought to the league so why should he celebrate with them?

This. He won’t regret skipping a ceremony. I look at this as similar to attending the draft as the consensus 1st overall pick. Sure the ceremony will be cool as hell, but some people just prefer to celebrate in their own way. Either way you’re going to be selected/inducted so no big deal.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:00 pm

Has there ever been a living player that declined their HoF induction weekend/ceremony?
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:15 pm

They should just cancel the ceremony. Damn TO for making this political....
uscbucsfan

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:24 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:They should just cancel the ceremony. Damn TO for making this political....

Ha!
PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:49 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Has there ever been a living player that declined their HoF induction weekend/ceremony?

I don't know of any but in the 50+ years of the hall I'm sure they don't have 100% attendance from living inductees.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:52 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:I 100% get it. He feels slighted for it taking so many years for him to get in. And he should. He should've been a 1st ballot HOF without question. The Hall, for whatever reason, obviously didn't fully appreciate what he brought to the league so why should he celebrate with them?

This. He won’t regret skipping a ceremony. I look at this as similar to attending the draft as the consensus 1st overall pick. Sure the ceremony will be cool as hell, but some people just prefer to celebrate in their own way. Either way you’re going to be selected/inducted so no big deal.

Agreed. The draft is a great example too. T.O. will get his jacket. His bust will be in Canton. Instead of celebrating with people who quite honestly wouldn't have put him in if not for Randy Moss being inducted, he gets to celebrate his way with whoever he wants to.
Bootz2004

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Pretty sure Joe Thomas will go fishing the day he gets inducted.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Pretty sure Joe Thomas will go fishing the day he gets inducted.

And if he did people would call him a selfless guy and he'd commended for the decision instead of criticized like T.O. But you know how it is.

#WhiteIsRight
Bootz2004

Postby Rocker » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Made it political and racial in roughly an hour...

Never change, BucZone.
Rocker

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Pretty sure Joe Thomas will go fishing the day he gets inducted.

And if he did people would call him a selfless guy and he'd commended for the decision instead of criticized like T.O. But you know how it is.

#WhiteIsRight

Way to claim victimhood for TO and imply racism, dipshit.

All anyone has said is that it's odd. Considering he's the first player anyone can remember to decline their HoF induction I believe that is a fair description.
DreadNaught

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:18 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

#WhiteIsRight

All anyone has said is that it's odd. Considering he's the first player anyone can remember to decline their HoF induction I believe that is a fair description.

Well Cris Carter took his shots, but everyone knows he hates black folk. He even hates his gums bc they're black.
Deja Entendu

Postby acmillis » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Well Cris Carter took his shots, but everyone knows he hates black folk. He even hates his gums bc they're black.

Ahhh loc dog and ash tray
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:29 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

#WhiteIsRight

Victimhood? Your "guilt" is reading too much into this kyddo. Relax.

Given the circumstances it's not odd what so ever. The reaction to his decision in fact is proving his reasons to be correct. They want him to do things their way on their terms. His entire career people wanted him to shut up and just play. His 1st 2 years of eligibility the writers kept him out because of his personality. And now they expect it to change? Hypocrites. There are even writers saying that THIS was the reason they kept him out so long. Another saying he would've voted for someone else who would've attended. T.O. isn't conforming to this "Just shut up and Do what I say boy" attitude and he shouldn't".
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:37 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Given the circumstances it's not odd what so ever. The reaction to his decision in fact is proving his reasons to be correct. They want him to do things their way on their terms. His entire career people wanted him to shut up and just play. His 1st 2 years of eligibility the writers kept him out because of his personality. And now they expect it to change? Hypocrites. There are even writers saying that THIS was the reason they kept him out so long. Another saying he would've voted for someone else who would've attended. T.O. isn't conforming to this "Just shut up and Do what I say boy" attitude and he shouldn't".

Woe is me
acmillis

Postby GameTime » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:48 pm

I hope no media covers him on his induction night. They can keep his jacket in the lobby for him to pick up at his convenience.
GameTime

Postby GameTime » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:50 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:[ T.O. isn't conforming to this "Just shut up and Do what I say boy" attitude and he shouldn't".

Since when is the HOF ceremony equivalent to "shut up and do what I say?" I thought they let the inductees give speeches?

And when did they ever call a HOF'er "boy"?
GameTime

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

He's getting inducted into the freaking pro football HoF. He's the only person anyone here can remember turning down their own ceremony. That is the definition of odd. Maybe better synonyms you can understand are rare or unique.

It's cute you're searching the internet for TO criticism so you can white knight on his behalf. All anyone said here was it's odd to not attend your own HoF induction. Which it is by definition.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:22 pm

White knight?
#racist
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:25 pm

I always preferred Gawain and the Green Knight
Zarniwoop

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions