Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 17

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 17

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:09 pm

So, I attended this game and you think I’d miss out on all the posters going nuclear over every little thing that doesn’t go our way in the Gameday Thread. I did not. Luckily, the guy sitting behind me was constantly griping about this is what Drew Brees does to us. The Bucs can’t complete games. This ran throughout the entire 4th quarter, and it made me feel right at home.

1.) Godwin made this list before his game winning catch. The dude toughed it out yesterday, and made some great plays. He was a godsend.
2.) Adam Humphries too. He finally got over that 100 yard ‘hump’.
3.) I wish the defense would’ve played like they did in the first 8 minutes of the game all game long, but hey I’ll take holding the Saints to 17 points and allowing 0 points off 3 turnovers.
4.) My top 5 all-time special teamers: 1. Michael Spurlock 2. Josh Robinson 3. Curtis Buckley 4. Vernon Turner 5. Yo Murphy
5.) Peyton Barber finally gives Doug Martin a new nickname. Back-up.
6.) Lavonte ‘all over’ David. And no, you don’t have to wait 3 seconds to say all over.
7.) Ironman award goes to Donovan Smith for being the only player this season to start all 16 games.

Dislikes:
1.) I don’t know what was sadder. Allowing the Kamara kick-off return for a touchdown or Jaquizz Rodgers trying to imitate it.
2.) Cutting TJ Ward saved Vance Joseph’s job.
3.) Patrick Murray trying to make this season come full circle.
4.) No Monday Night Football this week, so no C’mon Man. But, no worries. Just play the Jameis Winston interceptions and that should cover it.

Random Stuff:
1.) Fun stuff from the game. Dude wearing an Eat a W shirt and a guy walking down the aisle to his seat. A guy he knows like 10 rows back calls out to him, surprised to see him, and was like dude where you sitting? Guy responds with here, where the hell you think I’m going?
2.) Also Official Replays suck in the game. Put the damn replay on the JumboTron! And more cheerleaders!
3.) The Bucs were able to cut down on HIPGs in 2017, so that’s a positive. HIPG = Hawley Injuries Per Game.
4.) The Saints tried to pull a Patriots signing George Johnson and Tony McDaniel for a ‘competitive advantage’.
5.) LA to Vegas is not a show chronicling the history of the Raiders. Disappointing.

So to close out the season. I’d like to say something profound. It’s not going to happen, but I’ll give it my best shot. I attended the game with someone trying to learn the game. So, throughout it I was explaining rules and situations. Here I am, with 15 seconds left in the game saying we’re only going to get one more play in before we kick the field goal, so ten more yards is ideal. And then Jameis Winston says F that, I’m throwing the deep ball and am going to win it right here. A ball he usually misses bad on, and yet it worked. That’s our quarterback. Love him or hate him, he’s got the guts, and as he matures I’m sure we’ll love him more than hate him. Going into the off-season I’m taking that last drive as the first one in 2018.

Thom Brennamanisms: Now I did go back and re-watch the broadcast, and I’m so glad I did. Thom Brennaman is no Nostradamus.
1.) Jameis Winston is excellent at protecting the ball in the red zone. He doesn’t throw interceptions.
2.) (In the 2nd quarter on his hamstring) How much longer can Mike Evans go? He’s hurting.
3.) (On continuous incomplete deep balls to Godwin) What are the chances of that play working?
IchabodCrane84

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 17

Postby BUCCABEER » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks for the season long effort, it's always a treat. I think you may have missed one though.......

Dislikes - Mike Evans heard that December 31st is when it's ok to see the ball drop

On a side note, I was up here in Panama City Beach at a Bar called Dat Cajun Cafe. Ya, all Saints Fans. I sat quietly through most of the game, got my ear full of "Who Dat". You can imagine the complete meltdown by the bar at the end. I paid my bill, walked to the door and shouted "Who Dat, Bucs Dat!" I then ran as fast as I could to my truck!
BUCCABEER

Postby Super K » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Well done Ich... especially loved your "statement" at the end and I fully agree...

Gonna miss these reads for the next 8 months...

Very much appreciate that you keep it up year after year after year..
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:44 pm

Read these every week, hopefully next season features alot more rips on the other team.
real bucs fan

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Happy New Year, Ich!
theBKwhopper

Postby Kress » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:28 pm

I look forward to these every week. Thanks Ich.
Kress

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:38 pm

You didn't disappoint. Thanks for these and I look forward to the next season of Ich's Corner.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:00 pm

Thank you all, the compliments are appreciated as always. I'm first to admit, sometimes the jokes just aren't there and some write-ups are better than others, and I'm sure I've repeated several jokes over the years, but it's still fun to do, and I'm glad everyone enjoys it.

Happy New Year's! Here's to a play-off write up next year!
IchabodCrane84

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:05 pm

IchabodCrane84 wrote:Thank you all, the compliments are appreciated as always. I'm first to admit, sometimes the jokes just aren't there and some write-ups are better than others, and I'm sure I've repeated several jokes over the years, but it's still fun to do, and I'm glad everyone enjoys it.

DILLY DILLY!!
theBKwhopper

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:09 pm

IchabodCrane84 wrote:Thank you all, the compliments are appreciated as always. I'm first to admit, sometimes the jokes just aren't there and some write-ups are better than others, and I'm sure I've repeated several jokes over the years, but it's still fun to do, and I'm glad everyone enjoys it.

Happy New Year! Thanks for these write ups. The 1 thread in OT where no debate or arguing occurs.
Bootz2004

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Happy New Year! Thanks for these write ups. The 1 thread in OT where no debate or arguing occurs.

I'm surprised you enjoy it! Haha
theBKwhopper

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:08 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I'm surprised you enjoy it! Haha

I look forward to them every week.
Bootz2004

Postby UbuntuBuc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Thank you for the humor each and every week Ichabod. Have a good off season.
UbuntuBuc

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:I'm surprised you enjoy it! Haha

I was kidding. Because you argue about everything.
theBKwhopper

Postby Caradoc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:50 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I was kidding. Because you argue about everything.

The rest of us got it.
Caradoc

Postby Kress » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:34 am

Bootz2004 wrote:The 1 thread in OT

:?:
Kress

Postby DanTurksGhost » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:33 am

Someone actually said to me today: "At least we've solved the kicking game issue for next season".
DanTurksGhost

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:00 am

I forget what week it was but you threw an opum reference from saving private Ryan when he didn't go up up the stairs. That was awesome lol.
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby Heidguy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:20 am

Didn't read this till today, great as always, great closing words and I could not agree anymore! As always I look forward to next season and your usual analysis on Mondays! Thanks Ich, go Bucs!
Heidguy

Return to Team Discussions