Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby Kress » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:57 am

I hear it's a done deal. $10 million per year (Bellichek gets $7.5). Plus OWNERSHIP STAKE in the team. That's crazy. And unprecedented.

Good for you, Jon
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby acmillis » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:32 am

Dumbest move by a franchise in a long while. Over 5 or so years, I'm guessing he'll be somewhere around 43-37.

I'm sure Al would roll in his grave if this actually happened.
acmillis
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby Teitan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:55 am

Glad we weren’t willing to do that. That’s a bit nuts.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 241 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby PetePierson » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:07 am

Can't imagine 26 (or whatever the # is) will approve ownership stake.
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 1756
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:35 am

Big mistake , glad we didn’t do that
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 4617
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:37 am

Yeah, but he'll win with Del Rio's team.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13843
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 644 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby NavyBuc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:59 am

Best of luck to him. He has good pieces in place that just haven't performed to expectations, and he has a good qb to work with. I think he's got a good chance of taking that team to the next level. Wish he would have winded up here, but hard to turn down a piece of ownership in the team.
NavyBuc
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby Hit55 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:05 am

NavyBuc wrote:Best of luck to him. He has good pieces in place that just haven't performed to expectations, and he has a good qb to work with. I think he's got a good chance of taking that team to the next level. Wish he would have winded up here, but hard to turn down a piece of ownership in the team.

This. I honestly hoped Gruden would come in and give the team the kick in the ass it needs. But you can't fault the guy. Stake in any NFL franchise is a goldmine. Gonna miss QB Camp. That was the best thing ESPN aired, in my opinion.
User avatar
Hit55
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:58 am

PetePierson wrote:Can't imagine 26 (or whatever the # is) will approve ownership stake.


Good point. Will the owners approve this? Are other owners okay with this precedent being set? Is Bob Kraft ok with Belichick demanding ownership?
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 8599
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 227 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby Sammich » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:09 pm

I wanted Gruden and had no problem with 10M a year, but a piece of ownership? An owner would have to be stupid to do that and the coach would have to be stupid to turn it down.
Sammich
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:52 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby Hit55 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Sammich wrote:I wanted Gruden and had no problem with 10M a year, but a piece of ownership? An owner would have to be stupid to do that and the coach would have to be stupid to turn it down.

I don't believe this is Davis' first time offering ownership stake of the Raiders either.
Last edited by Hit55 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hit55
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby UbuntuBuc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:19 pm

A coach with a piece of ownership is, in my opinion, a conflict of interest. How would a coach ever be fired?

I am guessing Gruden is going to leave the Raiders at the altar. I also am not sure there was any real conversation with the Buccaneers.
Image
User avatar
UbuntuBuc
 
Posts: 721
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:52 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:55 pm

UbuntuBuc wrote:A coach with a piece of ownership is, in my opinion, a conflict of interest. How would a coach ever be fired?


A minority share only gives him rights in relationship to his proportional share of ownership. So if he gets 1% ownership, he only controls 1% of the decision making, unless he has some other agreement that expands his control. If he gets fired, he'd retain the ownership but lose his job.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby LoRdNlKoN » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:00 pm

UbuntuBuc wrote:A coach with a piece of ownership is, in my opinion, a conflict of interest. How would a coach ever be fired?

I am guessing Gruden is going to leave the Raiders at the altar. I also am not sure there was any real conversation with the Buccaneers.



Why? He'd be stupid to do that. Doesn't matter how long he coached for, he'd have ownership stake in NFL franchise.
User avatar
LoRdNlKoN
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:47 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:06 pm

UbuntuBuc wrote:I also am not sure there was any real conversation with the Buccaneers.


I have been assured that there was. When the talks fell apart, the news leaked out about Koetter. That was a decision that was made when the talks tanked. If Coach gets a stake in ownership in a deal with another team, I can guarantee you that is the sticking point that torpedoed his potential return to Tampa. The Glazers are, IMO, greedy and unwilling to carve out a small slice of their pie to a Coach no matter how badly they wanted him back. Plus it sets a dangerous precedent, like our trade of draft picks for Coach Gruden.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bryan and Joel (don't really know Ed). Joel's a gigantic PITA but I still like him because he's straight up to your face. If he doesn't like you, he'll say so. Some people hate that candidness.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby bearlandbucfan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:37 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:
UbuntuBuc wrote:I also am not sure there was any real conversation with the Buccaneers.


I have been assured that there was. When the talks fell apart, the news leaked out about Koetter. That was a decision that was made when the talks tanked. If Coach gets a stake in ownership in a deal with another team, I can guarantee you that is the sticking point that torpedoed his potential return to Tampa. The Glazers are, IMO, greedy and unwilling to carve out a small slice of their pie to a Coach no matter how badly they wanted him back. Plus it sets a dangerous precedent, like our trade of draft picks for Coach Gruden.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bryan and Joel (don't really know Ed). Joel's a gigantic PITA but I still like him because he's straight up to your face. If he doesn't like you, he'll say so. Some people hate that candidness.



Well spoken and a good inside look I don't get up my way.
bearlandbucfan
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:09 pm

The Raiders are valued at just over $2B. Even a 1% share is $20M+
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6510
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 333 times
Been thanked: 286 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby Kress » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:05 pm

Bump?
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Kress wrote:Bump?


Why?
Caradoc
 
Posts: 4559
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Gruden to coach Vegas Raiders?

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Kress wrote:Bump?


Bampf.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 54 times


post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 24 guests