***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby sanka » Sun May 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Jameis wife preggo and looking good

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jaboowins/st ... 29/photo/1

As a married man, no way in hell is my wife/girlfriend/mother of my child going to be put out on social media like this. This is very tasteless and the look on her face says she's not at all pleased with this photo shoot. It's a shame the lengths young females will go in order to secure their own future with a star athlete.

Agreed. Jameis is one dumb motherfucker. He needs to marry her and keep their **** in private.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby real bucs fan » Sun May 13, 2018 10:20 pm

I think you're reading it the wrong way. Looks like one of those "I'm still beautiful while pregnant" women affirming pics. She probably made him post it lol
real bucs fan

Postby Super K » Mon May 14, 2018 6:18 am

Eastwood wrote:Yep, that’s ****ing strange. Why is she in panties, bro? Jameis is a weird dude.

At first I thought she was naked because of those dang panties...

****ing weird pic...I don't care what the reason, you don't do this...
Super K

Postby Buc2 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:51 am

Not the sort of pic I would approve of.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon May 14, 2018 8:40 am

There are many pregnant women who like pics like this one. It’s actually a very normal picture now.

Edit: I don’t see anything wrong with the picture. She has worn less clothing on the beach. I guess seeing “nude” color panties makes some people uncomfortable.
PrimeMinister

Postby SIBucsFan » Mon May 14, 2018 8:48 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Nano wrote:
What's the possibility that he's already an All-Pro caliber CB? I'd say it's close to 100.

If he could find the football you would probably be right. But they say you can’t teach ball skills, which is the only reason why he fell to the 2nd.

I don't think you can teach ball skills, but you can definitely improve them greatly by working on various drills. Some players have a natural ability to go up and get it, some it takes a lot of time, and I admit some never learn or could be so bad at them that it's almost hopeless. I don't think Davis is that bad though, but he needs to put in a lot of work to be good at it.
SIBucsFan

Postby real bucs fan » Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 am

Something to be aware of, is some schools coach their CBs to keep their eye on the receiver and not turn and locate the ball. I know for sure Ohio State does this, and they have produced some great NFL CBs. While having guys who put up huge INT numbers is nice, so is having an ultra long CB who lock down the size/speed guys in this league who have torched us in the past.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 am

real bucs fan wrote:Something to be aware of, is some schools coach their CBs to keep their eye on the receiver and not turn and locate the ball. I know for sure Ohio State does this, and they have produced some great NFL CBs. While having guys who put up huge INT numbers is nice, so is having an ultra long CB who lock down the size/speed guys in this league who have torched us in the past.

Complete fiction.
Bootz2004

Postby Cheb » Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Something to be aware of, is some schools coach their CBs to keep their eye on the receiver and not turn and locate the ball. I know for sure Ohio State does this, and they have produced some great NFL CBs. While having guys who put up huge INT numbers is nice, so is having an ultra long CB who lock down the size/speed guys in this league who have torched us in the past.

Complete fiction.

It would be fiction to say that defenses do this 100% of the time, but every defense in football certainly coaches defensive backs to play the receiver instead of the ball, depending on the defense called, down/distance, techniques utilized, etc.
Cheb

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon May 14, 2018 9:40 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

Complete fiction.

Yeah, that doesn't seem right. I've noticed a lot of players will read the receiver and look to locate the ball with him, but that is in tight coverage. Ronde was reading McNabb in zone when he closed out the NFCCG in Philly. I don't think it's accurate to say that DBs are coached to always lock on the the receiver regardless. If you're in zone and do that, you're just going to have a front row seat to the completion.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby real bucs fan » Mon May 14, 2018 9:44 am

Cheb wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Complete fiction.

It would be fiction to say that defenses do this 100% of the time, but every defense in football certainly coaches defensive backs to play the receiver instead of the ball, depending on the defense called, down/distance, techniques utilized, etc.

Not sure where I read it or heard it, but I 100% recall a credible source stating that certain schools, including Ohio State, teach their CBs to keep their eyes on their man and to play his hands as opposed to turning around and looking for the ball. I remember it distinctly because the topic was Denzel Ward and this issue of him not getting his head around was a criticism I had for him, and upon learning this information I removed the criticism from my scouting report.
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Complete fiction.

Yeah, that doesn't seem right. I've noticed a lot of players will read the receiver and look to locate the ball with him, but that is in tight coverage. Ronde was reading McNabb in zone when he closed out the NFCCG in Philly. I don't think it's accurate to say that DBs are coached to always lock on the the receiver regardless. If you're in zone and do that, you're just going to have a front row seat to the completion.

I'm talking specifically about man coverage.
real bucs fan

Postby Cheb » Mon May 14, 2018 9:53 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Cheb wrote:

Not sure where I read it or heard it, but I 100% recall a credible source stating that certain schools, including Ohio State, teach their CBs to keep their eyes on their man and to play his hands as opposed to turning around and looking for the ball. I remember it distinctly because the topic was Denzel Ward and this issue of him not getting his head around was a criticism I had for him, and upon learning this information I removed the criticism from my scouting report.

Oh really?

He turns his head to the quarterback all the time. Granted, he plays alot of trail technique, which can necessitate playing a guy's hands if he has a step or two on you as opposed to turning your head to look for the ball every time. You'll notice that he plays hands when he's a step or two behind his man, but he turns his head to make a play on the ball when he's even with them. That's textbook cornerback play. He also watches the quarterback like a hawk on crossers, feeling the receiver behind him.

He doesn't do either technique 100% of the time. He adjusts based on leverage and the defensive call. In short, he plays it right.
Cheb

Postby BucaRican » Mon May 14, 2018 9:56 am

sanka wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
As a married man, no way in hell is my wife/girlfriend/mother of my child going to be put out on social media like this. This is very tasteless and the look on her face says she's not at all pleased with this photo shoot. It's a shame the lengths young females will go in order to secure their own future with a star athlete.

Agreed. Jameis is one dumb motherfucker. He needs to marry her and keep their **** in private.

Some people on here have self awareness issues, or just very possessive of their women. This is a non issue good for them, and good for her to feel comfortable enough to take and share the picture.

These people had 0 issue with similar pictures:

Relax macho men.
BucaRican

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon May 14, 2018 10:03 am

real bucs fan wrote:I think you're reading it the wrong way. Looks like one of those "I'm still beautiful while pregnant" women affirming pics. She probably made him post it lol

Yep , this. But no way would I post my wife like that . Probably trying to Be like Kim Kardashian’s posing pregnant . Shouldn’t of done it
Jason Bourne

Postby Naismith » Mon May 14, 2018 10:04 am

Man, a lot of you guys have really hard opinions on some seriously dumb and irrelevant topics.
Naismith

Postby real bucs fan » Mon May 14, 2018 10:04 am

Found where I got the info, watch from 2:56 in this video with Sam Monson and Steve Palazzolo from PFF

real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Mon May 14, 2018 10:05 am

Naismith wrote:Man, a lot of you guys have really hard opinions on some seriously dumb and irrelevant topics.

All I was trying to do was pass on something I heard lol

ETA:

You're probably referring to the pregnant photo opinions, and I agree. Definitely the dog days of the season, some folks just like to argue and will argue about anything.
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Mon May 14, 2018 10:36 am

And the crowd goes quiet lol
real bucs fan

Postby SIBucsFan » Mon May 14, 2018 11:26 am

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 09169048-4

The Panthers have asked wide receiver Russell Shepard to take a pay cut and indications are he won't take one, which likely will lead to his release, a league source told ESPN.com. Shepard signed as a free agent prior to the 2017 season. He caught 17 passes for 202 yards. Carolina has spent the offseason rebuilding the receivers corps, trading for Torrey Smith and selecting D.J. Moore in the first round.

We have Evans, Jackson, Humphries, Godwin, Watson, and probably a guy who can return kicks like Wilson or someone else we haven't signed yet. We probably won't look into bringing Russell Shepard back.

I was a fan of Shep and he actually did well in spot duty as a WR in 2016. My guess is he will likely end up somewhere else that he would have an outside chance to become the 3rd option, like he wanted to do with Carolina. My bet is on Houston.
SIBucsFan

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon May 14, 2018 12:48 pm

BucaRican wrote:
sanka wrote:

Some people on here have self awareness issues, or just very possessive of their women. This is a non issue good for them, and good for her to feel comfortable enough to take and share the picture.

These people had 0 issue with similar pictures:

Relax macho men.

This.

Photos like this are beautiful and have been around for years. No issue with them at all. Mrs PM wants to do the same when she is pregnant.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon May 14, 2018 12:49 pm

SIBucsFan wrote:http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0787695876809169048-4

The Panthers have asked wide receiver Russell Shepard to take a pay cut and indications are he won't take one, which likely will lead to his release, a league source told ESPN.com. Shepard signed as a free agent prior to the 2017 season. He caught 17 passes for 202 yards. Carolina has spent the offseason rebuilding the receivers corps, trading for Torrey Smith and selecting D.J. Moore in the first round.

We have Evans, Jackson, Humphries, Godwin, Watson, and probably a guy who can return kicks like Wilson or someone else we haven't signed yet. We probably won't look into bringing Russell Shepard back.

I was a fan of Shep and he actually did well in spot duty as a WR in 2016. My guess is he will likely end up somewhere else that he would have an outside chance to become the 3rd option, like he wanted to do with Carolina. My bet is on Houston.

I hope Shep catches on as a #3 somewhere, but at this point he is who he is: a mediocre receiver who is a great teammate and good special team player.
PrimeMinister

Postby Super K » Mon May 14, 2018 1:04 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
SIBucsFan wrote:http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0787695876809169048-4

I hope Shep catches on as a #3 somewhere, but at this point he is who he is: a mediocre receiver who is a great teammate and good special team player.

Yep...
Super K

Postby BucaRican » Mon May 14, 2018 1:43 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
BucaRican wrote:

Relax macho men.

This.

Photos like this are beautiful and have been around for years. No issue with them at all. Mrs PM wants to do the same when she is pregnant.

I love the comments of "I wouldn't let my wife do it" "I don't care what the reason, you don't do this." "Jameis is one dumb motherfucker." "As a married man, no way in hell is my wife/girlfriend/mother of my child going to be put out on social media like this.". It's the whole "I am the dictator of my women, she does as I say" mentality. You guys carry a child for 9 months and try to feel and look great without being depressed. "Hey women, don't take that picture!" "Hey Women, don't post hat picture"....
BucaRican

Postby Teitan » Mon May 14, 2018 2:00 pm

football
Teitan

Postby Naismith » Mon May 14, 2018 4:56 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Naismith wrote:Man, a lot of you guys have really hard opinions on some seriously dumb and irrelevant topics.

All I was trying to do was pass on something I heard lol

ETA:

You're probably referring to the pregnant photo opinions, and I agree. Definitely the dog days of the season, some folks just like to argue and will argue about anything.

Definitely talking about pregnant photo discussion and not actual football discussions.
Naismith

Postby mdb1958 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Howard Jones is available.
mdb1958

Postby acmillis » Mon May 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Let's trade for him...
acmillis

Postby acmillis » Mon May 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Let's trade for him...
acmillis

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Let’s trade for him
Jason Bourne

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions