***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!***

Postby PlinkoBuccaneer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:09 pm

Happy New Year, Buccaneers Fans! Let The Purge Begin!

But not entirely as happy for Buccaneers fans everywhere especially in the Tampa Bay area, as they again fell short of the NFL Playoffs for the 10th straight season, and finished their just concluded 2017 NFL season, as they have that happened last time in 2004, another 5-11 regular season record.

Buccaneers may have came back to defeat the 2017 NFC South Division Champions New Orleans Saints at Ray Jay, but the real work begins after the the coaches and players face the media and commit their comments and thoughts on the traditional post-game pressers.

Now comes the changes that start in earnest on New Year's Day. Glazer Family and their estate already announced last week that Dirk Koetter is retained as the Buccaneers Head Coach, instead of a Black Monday casualty, for at at least one more year in the upcoming 2018 NFL Season. There is a possibility there will be a changeover of both his coaching staff, and the Bucs scouting and football player personnel staff, in the upcoming 2018 NFL offseason.

As early as Monday, both the players report to the Buccaneers Team Headquarters at 1 One Buccaneers Place, Tampa, Florida, 33607, two blocks north of Raymond James Stadium, and turn in their uniforms and equipment, and at the same time remove, clean and bag out their lockers, and remove their personal equipment and belongings.

Coaching staff does the same turning in their classified paperwork of plays, playbooks, and their used, team issued Microsoft Surface laptops the team uses during Buccaneers Game Days.

Bucs players, while bagging and removing their personal belongings in the locker room, may be approached by the local media to offer their final end of season press conferences, before they leave to start the long off-season, joining the 19 NFL teams that did not qualify for the 2017 NFL Playoffs.

Players and even coaches, may give their final farewells, and acquaintences between themselves in the Buccaneers facility to reflect, reminisce, discuss, and share their personal experiences on the just concluded Tampa Bay Buccaneers season. Several players may take selfies of each other signed footballs, posters, and other merchandise, for memorabilia vendors, before they leave on their own for the upcoming off-season.

One Buccaneers Place as a business now begins to prepare the traditional off-season procedure in 2018, beginning with futures and post-season free agent signings, the 2018 Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama, featuring the top NCAA senior student/athlete college football players, the NFL Combine at Indianapolis in February, the Veteran Free Agency Signing period that begins later in March, Pre-Draft screening and interviews with college players, the 2018 NFL Draft, two sessions of Organized Team Activities in May And June, and finally the 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Training Camp with 90 players that begins by July 2018.

We wish the players great luck, and their productive and leisurely 2018 NFL offseason, as they pack up and leave One Buccaneers Place, and leave the Buccaneers and football.

Buccaneers may have finished again as 5-11, but the front office, management, and coaching and scouting staffs will definitely seek their mission to have a talent and playoff caliber Tampa Bay Buccaneers team for their upcoming 2018 NFL Season.

We appreciate your hard work and entertaining us throughout your 2017 NFL season, both performing on the field, and also serving your personal time with your continued charitable, volunteer and philantrophic efforts throughout the year around the Tampa Bay community.

Any teams developments starting now and training camp, let's try to post here, for our and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers development and news in the upcoming offseason.

Happy New Year for a productive 2018 off-season, and GO BUCS!!!! ;) :) TAMPA...........BAY!!!!!!!!!! 8-) :P :D :D :D :D
Last edited by PlinkoBuccaneer on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
PlinkoBuccaneer

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:13 pm

In on the first page
Jason Bourne

Postby tjax03 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:16 pm

Hopefully the off season begins with a bang and mike smith is fired.

Id love to get marvin lewis in at dc
tjax03

Postby Buc2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:18 pm

I got the feeling Lewis is done with coaching. Otherwise, why not stay where he was? Bengals were never going to fire him imo.
Maybe he'll look into a network analysis job.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PetePierson » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:19 pm

tjax03 wrote:
Id love to get marvin lewis in at dc

Thought I read he may stay with the organization in FO.

But as long as we are wishing; I would love to get Bruce Arians as OC. And after that happens, I'm going to wear Salma Hayek's ass like a top hat.
PetePierson

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:22 pm

Buc2 wrote:I got the feeling Lewis is done with coaching. Otherwise, why not stay where he was? Bengals were never going to fire him imo.
Maybe he'll look into a network analysis job.

He is. He's looking for a network or FO job. He damn sure isn't moving to another city to be a DC. Not after 15 years as a head coach.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:23 am

I can't wait to see Djax & Howard play with Winston as he's taken big steps finally. It's nice going into 2018 knowing offensively we have weapons. Now we just need to get guys who can provide more protection for Winston and the running game.
Bootz2004

Postby Deja Entendu » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:38 am

Bootz2004 wrote:I can't wait to see Djax & Howard play with Winston as he's taken big steps finally. It's nice going into 2018 knowing offensively we have weapons. Now we just need to get guys who can provide more protection for Winston and the running game.

Agreed. OLine, Dline, and secondary are the focus -- at ALL costs -- this off season. I honestly still don't believe we are that far away from rapidly righting the ship.

I'm admittedly a bit ignorant to this year's draft class, but I'm in favor of doing whatever it takes to get Bradley Chubb.
Deja Entendu

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:01 am

At 7 I'm betting on Arden Key. I was hoping for Chubb or Minkah. But, who knows how the draft will fall.
theBKwhopper

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:50 am

Let's get a run game and fix the pass rush.
real bucs fan

Postby acmillis » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:50 am

Marvin Lewis on a TV broadcast may be as bad as Bryant Gumbel.

Anybody want to give Nick Rapone a run as DC?
acmillis

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:07 pm

If we got through this offseason with no changes to staff there will be little to look forward to next year.
PrimeMinister

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:27 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:If we got through this offseason with no changes to staff there will be little to look forward to next year.

I think the issue was a lack of talent at important aspects of the team. We basically were league worst running the ball and rushing the passer. That's how this season failed, and you can't outcoach that. And I see it as a case of a lack of talent in our backfield and on the defensive line.
real bucs fan

Postby bearlandbucfan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Happy New Year all! Here's to hoping for an optimistic off-season.
bearlandbucfan

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:16 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:If we got through this offseason with no changes to staff there will be little to look forward to next year.

I think the issue was a lack of talent at important aspects of the team. We basically were league worst running the ball and rushing the passer. That's how this season failed, and you can't outcoach that. And I see it as a case of a lack of talent in our backfield and on the defensive line.

The defensive line, I agree completely. We have role players starting on the DL. Never going to work. We need Spence back in pass rushing situations, and a true three down lineman.

The running game, I think we should have schemed to be more effective. A lot of our issues were play calling and situational execution.
Ken Carson

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:26 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I think the issue was a lack of talent at important aspects of the team. We basically were league worst running the ball and rushing the passer. That's how this season failed, and you can't outcoach that. And I see it as a case of a lack of talent in our backfield and on the defensive line.

The defensive line, I agree completely. We have role players starting on the DL. Never going to work. We need Spence back in pass rushing situations, and a true three down lineman.

The running game, I think we should have schemed to be more effective. A lot of our issues were play calling and situational execution.

Koetters offensive track record is too long and too good to think he can't scheme a run game. I think the problem was mostly Doug Martin sucked ass and I think we saw what even a semi competent running back could do when Barber got in there.
real bucs fan

Postby PetePierson » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:33 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:I can't wait to see Djax & Howard play with Winston as he's taken big steps finally. It's nice going into 2018 knowing offensively we have weapons. Now we just need to get guys who can provide more protection for Winston and the running game.

Yeah,DJax and his 3 TDs / <700 yards.

Then there's this little gem:

Bootz2004 wrote:About what I expected. Used mainly as a run blocker, showed flashes in the pass game but not overly consistent. Hopefully he gets better but going forward I don't see him as much of a consistent presence in the passing game. Routes are still inconsistent, he shys away from contact more than you'd like, drops his share of passes. He'll be a very rich man's Luke Stocker. He will make more plays in the passing game than Luke did but ultimately he'll make his name as a blocker.
PetePierson

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 pm

With the players we have? Please. These guys are too good and will have another year under their belt. Can't believe it'll be Evans 5th year already, Jameis' 4th, Djax is a vet. We lost a lot of games close this year. With a pass rush, at least half of those are wins. If we address that area I'm confident we can win. Our season does not lie squarely on the shoulders of how good or bad the fanbase think the coaching staff is. It is funny though this time last year everyone here thought we had a 1st class coaching staff with a ton of experience.
Bootz2004

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

With the players we have? Please. These guys are too good and will have another year under their belt. Can't believe it'll be Evans 5th year already, Jameis' 4th, Djax is a vet. We lost a lot of games close this year. With a pass rush, at least half of those are wins. If we address that area I'm confident we can win. Our season does not lie squarely on the shoulders of how good or bad the fanbase think the coaching staff is. It is funny though this time last year everyone here thought we had a 1st class coaching staff with a ton of experience.

Indeed sir, and everyone was praying that mike smith would stay. Just shows that the NFL is a year to year league. I'm confident if we can get a pass rush a lot of this problems will solve themselves. We can be right back in the swing of things next year.
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby Seamen » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Above everything else we need to address two positions in order to be successful next year

Pass rush and corner

**** I liked the way Barber was running and showed nice hands, the oline gels another year..we seriously need pass rushers and corner help and the team we have can contend for a spot right now..

That is of course assuming Jameis cleans up his turnover problem
Seamen

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:12 pm

I get the sense Grimes will be back.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:15 pm

real bucs fan wrote:I get the sense Grimes will be back.

I hope so. I think he can still play.
Bootz2004

Postby Caradoc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:22 pm

Everything Miko's been tweeting suggest he's outta here.
Caradoc

Postby Caradoc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:23 pm

Need LG, RB, DE, DE, Safety, CB.

Not hoping for much improvement even if we do get most of that though. Coaching is an anchor around this team's neck, and it seems like Koetter is changing nothing.
Caradoc

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I get the sense Grimes will be back.

I hope so. I think he can still play.

For sure. Things could fall off a cliff for him, so I'd still like to draft a CB, but he's still balling out there.
real bucs fan

Postby MJW » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:16 pm

I'd be okay with Grimes back for one last season, because there's no way we're fixing the OL and the DL and CB in one offseason. A good band-aid is a good band-aid.
MJW

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:21 pm

MJW wrote:I'd be okay with Grimes back for one last season, because there's no way we're fixing the OL and the DL and CB in one offseason. A good band-aid is a good band-aid.

Agreed.
theBKwhopper

Postby Sammich » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:24 am

If we could get some consistent pass rush I think our existing defensive backs will surprise us. I'm not saying we've got the Legion of Boom or anything, but I don't think they suck as bad as it looks like they do.
Sammich

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 am

MJW wrote:I'd be okay with Grimes back for one last season, because there's no way we're fixing the OL and the DL and CB in one offseason. A good band-aid is a good band-aid.

Players need to improve, what we need to fix is scoring and getting off the field on 3rd down. Somebody give me the first to worst explanation on that one.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:41 am

Last edited by mdb1958 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
mdb1958

Next

Return to Team Discussions